criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Hero Health Star Cards

13Next

Replies

• speaking of heroes.. why did you remove the ability to only play clone wars or Classic trilogy ? You thought we did not notice?! Well we did.. bring back please. I prefere a game where I do not encounter Kylo Ren in the Clone Wars maps at all.
  • Finn needs HoK on an ability other than undercover team, i think he should just have a simple HoK.
    I disagree.. can you imagine him just aimbottig an entire legion of troopers as he gains health every time and also as the aimbot gets recharged with every kill?
    It would be waaay foi overpowered.
  • - Phasma must regen on all kills. Staff is just weak, slow and unfun too play.
    - Lando should probably regen only on frozen targets ?
    - Palpatine needs to be buffed as he further gets weaker when the others become stgronger. With all his nerfs he just gotten too weak - especially his roll is too short now. His main attack is also too weak: Even when emptying full stamina and doing chain lighting attack he cant take out some heroes. Now with the regen he is getting weaker and weaker seen relatively. Also his freeze tends to not work and CL often doesnt kill anybody.
  • Totally agree. DICE needs to stop listening to these **** who want everything nerfed. Palpatine, ion turret, enforcers, ion rocket, officers, etc, etc. Stop nerfing everything to being utterly useless just to appease these worthless players.
    GarthRevan wrote: »
    - Phasma must regen on all kills. Staff is just weak, slow and unfun too play.
    - Palpatine needs to be buffed as he further gets weaker when the others become stgronger. With all his nerfs he just gotten too weak - especially his roll is too short now. His main attack is also too weak: Even when emptying full stamina and doing chain lighting attack he cant take out some heroes. Now with the regen he is getting weaker and weaker seen relatively. Also his freeze tends to not work and CL often doesnt kill anybody.

• GarthRevan wrote: »
    - Phasma must regen on all kills. Staff is just weak, slow and unfun too play.

Palpatine weak.
    :lol:
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Totally agree. DICE needs to stop listening to these **** who want everything nerfed. Palpatine, ion turret, enforcers, ion rocket, officers, etc, etc. Stop nerfing everything to being utterly useless just to appease these worthless players.

Agreed, Making the Heroes like Vader, boba, or Rey less playable is just slowly extincting this game. The scrubs and **** players will continue to be bad regardless and it just further restricts an already bad line-up of actually viable Heroes. It's about time they reversed this trend of caving to all the crying with Heal cards at the end of the month. I look forward to playing again at that time.
  • Agreed with the other comments that making Phasma's ability linked to the staff strike is stupid. No one uses that ability with Phasma anyways. What needs to happen is the Staff Strike ability needs to be replaced. Get rid of the staff and give Phasma another ability. The Staff is hard to use at best; broken and unreliable at worst.
  • The only Health Regen I am concerned about is that for Lando and Maul (I can already see immortal Lando sniping stormtroopers on Endor phase 3...). But we'll see how it goes.

As for Phasma, I agree that her staff is pretty much useless now. A few ideas:
    - give it Hyper Armor on swing 1 (not cancelable by saber strikes, force abilities, etc)
    - give back the knock back
    - variations of the above two
  • avmav
    490 posts Member
    Heroes shouldn't have health regen, they should die and let someone else have a go, otherwise good players are able to hog the hero the whole match like they do with Bossk and Emperor
  • I like last game's Bossk. You only get your heath back if you are on a killstrek . Sure you get 1 hp for the first kill but you get 5 for each after 5 kills. 300+ kills are possible with him last game.
  • When is the release date for this cards?
  • People that are great at heroes do not need anymore help! Again I say what about those of us in the middle? Any upgrade that is done seems to benefit the Elite Player and not the community as a whole. Let me put this in perspective, you state" your excited to see what a player that is talented at playing a hero can really do with these upgrades". A person who is really talented already rocks these characters W/O your star card help!! All i see this doing is again allowing a hero to completely take over a game which is "NO FUN" for anyone except those playing said hero and his/her team mates. This is just another example of DICE caving into a select group of twitter buddies and not consulting the whole community.
  • All you're doing is adding the jetpack from 2015 battlefront to this game. It'll be a mandatory card that everyone needs to equip. Its a bad, bad, BAD idea. Make it passive or dont add it at all.
  • These changes are great. Except for Phasma. That card will be useless unless you buff staff strikes.
  • 8v8uxdfyxibo.gif
    I love this finally
  • TheMetalImpostor
    7 posts Member
    edited October 15
    As a Boba and Han main, this is the best news in a long while besides Grevious which I definetly hope to main when he comes out because I main all of my favorite characters in the SWU. I was wondering though, will Grevious get a health card? It may sound like a dumb question though.
  • Maul my bae
    xglw8per1tzf.png

• dude, I don't think people use the heroes with the blasters lol.... they want people like Luke or yoda. Now, I think i'll use Han more. Hopefully. Although, people use Finn a lot
  • Hello!

Referring to HvV mostly/only.
    In my opinion the blaster users are stronger compaired to the force users, so is the Dark to Light Side.
    Now back to the HoK cards. Some here was mentioning how to deal with kills by heroes and villians. I was thing about the same.
    Why should not every hero or villian get health regen for a villian or hero kill in general. No need for a star card. The amount can vary in steps of 50, 60, 75, 100 for example, depending on the strength knon from the star wars movies, i.e. Yoda would get more HP regen than Rey.
    And then one can think about heroes and villians killing a trooper. There could be two possible ways.
    1. Just as above each hero and villian would have a steady amount of health regen per kill, that may vary in steps of 5, 10, 15, 20.
    2. There would be a star card for regen kills of troopers with numbers used under 1.

If anybody is getting such a HoK card, then in my opinion everybody should by default have this ability.
    By the way I complete agree, that Phasmas HoK card is useless especially in HvV. The same holds for Yoda (HvV). On Kasyyyk like maps Yoda would finish villians with his force push. In most other cases he will do it with his lightsaber. And he is the first attacked by other lightsaber villians, cos he seems to be the weakest target.
    That's it for now. Greetings.
  • Why didnt you just get rid of gaining health ability?
  • we want new weapons!!
  • Boba gets knocked out of the air from any bow caster. Just saying should be fixed as this is major bug that hinders his game play
  • Phasma's Staff Strike should work the same way like Jyn's Truncheon Surge from the previous game.
    Check out my skin idea for Palpatine:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117692/the-forgotten-skin-emperor-palpatine

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞

#LeiaOrgana
    4z1aaxrauk54.gif

• I'd like to see Mauls lightsaber throw go horizontal like Vaders throw. It's a very narrow field of effect.
  • Glad to see they've fixed the initial trooper selection bug for arcade. Next update it would be nice if they fix Darth Vader's "Fueling the Rage" card
  • Good changes. Well made. Playing Kylo in GA is actually fun now! :D
  • RC2074 wrote: »
    speaking of heroes.. why did you remove the ability to only play clone wars or Classic trilogy ? You thought we did not notice?! Well we did.. bring back please. I prefere a game where I do not encounter Kylo Ren in the Clone Wars maps at all.

I agree that it should be in game but... you do know that it's this way for over a year right? Seeing prequel stuff tainting the other eras makes me cringe. Heroes should be era restricted. Especially once the new ones arive. If I see Anakin and Vader on one map I will F-ing flip man.
  • Finally. But I don't understand why you had to remove the old star cards, why couldn't you simply keep them in the game...
    I only hope the new health star cards for Yoda, Kylo and Maul will make them more offensive in GA and for Lando and Han they won't make them more camping. The biggest issue of this game I consider heroes/villains who are not offensive to take an objective, therefore the team loses the match even with many heroes who prefer camping so they hungry sad ego can be happy again if they see the most kills.
  • Boba Fett needed something for sure. Also to be fair this is something which has clearly been thought about for a while before implementation.

Nice work.