criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Our Updated Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Roadmap Details What's Ahead

Prev134
EA_Tom
205 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 2
With the Squad System Update* live, introducing an improved way to play together – plus the 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps and 104th Wolf Pack Battalion Appearances** – we want to give a refreshed view on what’s a bit further down the road. Below, we’ve detailed the items added or changed since the previous Roadmap iteration.

But first, a complete overview of the updated Roadmap.

nz0sjvpbj3sh.png

October – Hero Appearances, N1 Starfighter, and Hero Health Star Cards

For October, we’re revealing that General Grievous*** will don the Jedi Hunter Appearance by default. At Grievous’ release, the additional Battle-Damaged Appearance* will be unlockable with Credits or Crystals.

The fan-favorite N1 Starfighter, a sleek example of Nabooian design and engineering philosophy, will now take to the skies as a fighter class ship in the Hero Starfighters game mode.

Also coming this month are changes to Hero Health Star Cards, giving every hero the ability to equip one of these. Read the Community Transmission solely dedicated to this topic, to learn all about how it affects heroes’ abilities.

November – More Hero Appearances and a Small Update on Geonosis

In November, Obi-Wan Kenobi*** is entering the battlefront, and he’s wearing his Jedi Master Appearance from the get-go. At the same time, Obi-Wan’s Robed Appearance** and another to-be-announced Appearance** for General Grievous are approaching.

Here’s a neat little tidbit about November’s release of Geonosis: this new location will feature the native Geonosians as part of its living world (non-interactive environment). The Geonosians played an important role in the Clone Wars colluding with the Separatists, led by Count Dooku, to develop plans for the first Death Star.

December – No Game Updates

December will see no new game updates, as we’re preparing the Clone Wars content releasing in early 2019 – including a new large-scale, non-linear game mode.

January – Count Dooku, the Coruscant Guard, and Even More Hero Appearances

Then, to kick off the new year, January will see the release of Count Dooku*** plus an additional Appearance** for the Separatist leader. Obi-Wan is expanding his wardrobe even further with the General Kenobi Appearance**, and the Coruscant Guard clone trooper Appearances** are joining the forces of the Galactic Republic.

February – Anakin Skywalker and New Large-Scale, Non-Linear Mode

Anakin Skywalker***, an additional Appearance** for the same, and the 501st Legion clone trooper Appearances** arrive to the game in February. You’ll be able to play with them in our new, large-scale, non-linear game mode featuring capture points and capital ship takedowns.

Please note that more content and features are still to be confirmed. Things might also be moved around, added, or changed. Efforts such as improvements on matchmaking, daily challenges, map rotation, bug fixing, and balancing are ongoing, too. We’ll be back at a later date with an updated view of the Roadmap.

*All updates require Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II on applicable platform (sold separately), all game updates, internet connection, EA account, and, for console players, Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership (each sold separately).
**Appearances available for Credits earned in-game or Crystals
***New heroes are available for Credits earned in-game

Read official web version here.
Post edited by EA_Tom on

Replies

• Dash
    10252 posts Member
    Thanks for the update @5TEIJAN

May the Force be with Us, Always. :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    kdigd6b7gfz5.gif

• Can anyone tell me about the Geonosians?
  • Nice. Thank you for your continuing efforts.
  • Cadoth
    134 posts Member
    It’s a pity we won’t receive any updates in December, but great work 👍🏻 I’m glad to see more details for the next contents
  • il96
    241 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    BlazinSVK wrote: »
    now tell me how many employees does this team have? 4 ?
    you had to extend it as much as you could to make it look you are actually "working" right ?

They are dragging out this cw season for way too long.

who said it was a season
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Capital ship takedown. Interested.
  • They're introducing Geonosian Hunt (which no one wants since it's just Geonosians replacing Ewoks) and Millennium Falcon Showdown. The easiest way to say they're doing something and keep their paychecks rolling in.
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Well that’s laughably bad. Absolutely nothing of note until February. Heroes and their skins cannot save this travesty. Maps and modes is what this game desperately needs.

• il96
    241 posts Member
    Nothing in December. So from mid-November to January 31st, there will be nothing except whatever they break. Unimpressive to say the least. Still:
    1) No matchmaking.
    2) Even more empty lobbies.
    3) Reward message spamming.
    4) Broken Arcade mode.
    5) Broken squad system.
    6) Constant crashing mid-game.
    7) Still uncapped FPS.
    8) I'm sure there's literally thousands of game-breaking bugs still being ignored.

Notice how there are ZERO announcements on any other hero skins, weapons and maps for the other game modes during this upcoming five month timeframe. At least this roadmap guarantees Wookiees will be on Geonosis. Another Hunt mode for Geonosians and the Millennium Falcon Showdown are coming to increase the number of empty lobbies to go along with the ignored Ewok Hunt and the thankfully removed Jetpack Cargo. It really wouldn't surprise me at all if Kathleeen Kennedy and Ruin Johnson were making the decisions on this game. Just add SJW material and it'll be a true current SW game.

Man none of those issues you listed none are issues for me, I get a match within 1 minute and its full until i quit. no one cares about arcade, what is uncapped FPS. reward message spams on home screen ya GAME BREAKING indeed. "literally thousands" bahahah

Did you even read the fine print below they are "ongoing efforts"
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • No mention of the new vehicles for geonosis. So I'm guessing there's more content coming than mentioned as they've previously confirmed new vehicles. (Hoping)
  • il96
    241 posts Member
    Nothing in December. So from mid-November to January 31st, there will be nothing except whatever they break. Unimpressive to say the least. Still:
    1) No matchmaking.
    2) Even more empty lobbies.
    3) Reward message spamming.
    4) Broken Arcade mode.
    5) Broken squad system.
    6) Constant crashing mid-game.
    7) Still uncapped FPS.
    8) I'm sure there's literally thousands of game-breaking bugs still being ignored.

1)Mentioned in fine print
    2)Never had an empty lobby - do you play in Russia?
    3)reward message spamming - ahaha this actually bothers you enough to post it quit being ADD
    4)No one cares about arcade mode
    5)Whats broke?
    6)see #2
    7)not even going to bother
    8)THOUSANDS
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • K4152
    23 posts Member
    Can't wait for the heroes , sucks that we have to wait till February , but it's not that bad getting one per month besides December
  • Just call this game EA Star Wars Herofront and be done with it.
  • No december :( not even skins?
  • DarthJ
    4880 posts Member
    il96 wrote: »
    Are you really NOT going to release Anakin on December? Way to kill your own game till February.

Oh well, good thing Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting released this month.

To me this game becomes almost brand new in Jan with the new game mode! I exclusively played Supremacy in BF2015

Wow! Good for you! Meanwhile the rest of us are realistic and realise that we are being drip fed content that was originally promised for a Summer 2018 release (Dennis said that at EA Play, try and defend that forum white knights).

Thankfully a proper game that will be properly supported for years is coming, Red Dead Redemption 2.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Meh.

N1 needs its own map not an afterthought in hero SF.

pH
  • bfloo
    11599 posts Member
    You guys may wanna consider some replayable modes such as cargo and DropZone and leave the gimmicks aside. Countless people I know have left because of the lack of anything remotely competitive. You had it right back in 15 and now we have whatever this is.

Imo this game has 2 modes, GA, which is getting extremely stale and nothing more than a spamfest, and a decent HvV mode when it runs right, I just don’t know how much longer players I know can bang their head in the same spot.

The 15 game was just the standard shooter modes renamed with rules tweaked a bit.

Cargo = ctf
    Blast = TDM
    Drop Zone = Headquearters mode
    DR = Domination
    FS = TDM with ships

Then they added a few Star Warsy modes
  • This roadmap will kill this game. Thanks for pushing players out of my favorite game EA, you disappoint me yet again.
  • So absolutely nothing of interest until February in HeroFront: The Chokepoint Wars, lovely. Yet another fail.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »

Here’s a neat little tidbit about November’s release of Geonosis: this new location will feature the native Geonosians as part of its living world (non-interactive environment). The Geonosians played an important role in the Clone Wars colluding with the Separatists, led by Count Dooku, to develop plans for the first Death Star.

No Geonosians playables? serously? Or is it a joke?

Neither Geonosian weapons& vehicles?
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • bfloo
    11599 posts Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »

No Geonosians playables? serously? Or is it a joke?

Neither Geonosian weapons& vehicles?

Geonosian Hunt could have scored so many points
  • I would have thought a new weapon would have emerged as this roadmap expands the game to over a year since launch
  • I'd really like to see more Strike maps and appearances for Luke, Vader, Maul, Chewbacca and Palpatine.
    None of these are in the roadmap :-/
  • The N-1 Starfighter is going to be unlocked in Starfighter Arcade too, right?

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Are they still working on the progression update?
    #infantrylivesmatter

ggef7ygw22dp.gif
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    With the Squad System Update* live, introducing an improved way to play together – plus the 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps and 104th Wolf Pack Battalion Appearances** – we want to give a refreshed view on what’s a bit further down the road. Below, we’ve detailed the items added or changed since the previous Roadmap iteration.

But first, a complete overview of the updated Roadmap.

nz0sjvpbj3sh.png

October – Hero Appearances, N1 Starfighter, and Hero Health Star Cards

For October, we’re revealing that General Grievous*** will don the Jedi Hunter Appearance by default. At Grievous’ release, the additional Battle-Damaged Appearance* will be unlockable with Credits or Crystals.

The fan-favorite N1 Starfighter, a sleek example of Nabooian design and engineering philosophy, will now take to the skies as a fighter class ship in the Hero Starfighters game mode.

Also coming this month are changes to Hero Health Star Cards, giving every hero the ability to equip one of these. Read the Community Transmission solely dedicated to this topic, to learn all about how it affects heroes’ abilities.

November – More Hero Appearances and a Small Update on Geonosis

In November, Obi-Wan Kenobi*** is entering the battlefront, and he’s wearing his Jedi Master Appearance from the get-go. At the same time, Obi-Wan’s Robed Appearance** and another to-be-announced Appearance** for General Grievous are approaching.

December – No Game Updates

December will see no new game updates, as we’re preparing the Clone Wars content releasing in early 2019 – including a new large-scale, non-linear game mode.

January – Count Dooku, the Coruscant Guard, and Even More Hero Appearances

Then, to kick off the new year, January will see the release of Count Dooku*** plus an additional Appearance** for the Separatist leader. Obi-Wan is expanding his wardrobe even further with the General Kenobi Appearance**, and the Coruscant Guard clone trooper Appearances** are joining the forces of the Galactic Republic.

February – Anakin Skywalker and New Large-Scale, Non-Linear Mode

Anakin Skywalker***, an additional Appearance** for the same, and the 501st Legion clone trooper Appearances** arrive to the game in February. You’ll be able to play with them in our new, large-scale, non-linear game mode featuring capture points and capital ship takedowns.

Please note that more content and features are still to be confirmed. Things might also be moved around, added, or changed. Efforts such as improvements on matchmaking, daily challenges, map rotation, bug fixing, and balancing are ongoing, too. We’ll be back at a later date with an updated view of the Roadmap.

*All updates require Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II on applicable platform (sold separately), all game updates, internet connection, EA account, and, for console players, Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership (each sold separately).
    **Appearances available for Credits earned in-game or Crystals
    ***New heroes are available for Credits earned in-game

Read official web version here.

Everything is going as I foreseen it...
  • SunBurN
    24 posts Member
    edited October 2
    They made Ewok hunt a permanent mode. what they needed to do was call the category/game mode: HUNT and have ewok hunt along with say jawa hunt, wookie hunt, wampa hunt and now geonosian hunt.

Overall, I'm not all that impressed with the road map. One new map (Geonosis) mentioned over the next few months? Coruscant should also be being released in that time period. And one new game mode but not until Feb?

And why just Grevious in October? Both Obi Wan and Grevious should be released at the same time.

Also, It wouldn't hurt to bring back jetpack Cargo mode. But this time, make it permanent, and include all of the jetpack cargo maps in regular rotation (maybe introduce a new one too). That seems like a no brainer. Players like variety not just the same stale map over and over which is why at least to me, Ewok hunt alone is a failure and I never play it.
  • This is a little underwhelming. I thought the new large scale mode (I was presuming Conquest like mode) would have been out already but it is a month minimum to one new Galactic Assault map? And no new maps for other modes?

The game really needs some new maps. The squad system makes them sort of new but I keep joining what I think is meant to be Clone Wars servers and getting stuck on Takadonna.

Even if the "pay to win" financing of DLC hadn't gone belly-up was there going to actually have been new maps and content? Because this updated roadmap suggests there wasn't ever going to be all that much content.
  • some of us DO care about arcade mode. dont forget arcade mode.