criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Our Updated Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Roadmap Details What's Ahead

Replies

• All these new clone trooper skins, and the only time I get to use them is in Arcade because there's no Clone War era Extraction map.
  • Ok what's the deal, I post my thoughts and they just Automagically dissappear, and don't get posted.

I'll try again.

So I'm not that impressed with the new road map.

Why isn't Obi Wan released with Grevious? And why only one new map in 4 months? Coruscant guard is mentioned and since it is, Coruscant map should also be released in that time period as one map in 4 months is pathetic imho.

And also, only one new play mode but not until Feb? Well I think some tinkering with what's already available wouldn't hurt.

I haven't played much lately but I got on and noticed Ewok hunt is now permanent. Cool but after playing it a few times I was yearning for something different. Earlier iterations of Battlefront included other hunt modes such as wampa hunt and I think Wookie hunt. I propose there be a permanent "Hunt Mode" and within it, have Ewok, Wookie, Wampa, Jawa, Geonosian and possibly some new creature to hunt like say Gungans :). Players like variety and one map, Ewok hunt gets stale being repeated over and over again.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to bring back Jetpack cargo as a permanent mode and have it cycle through all the Jetpack cargo maps on a regular rotation that have been released so far. That seems like an easy no brainer thing to do. More content and options can't hurt, only help.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Well.... What can I say? Nothing.

I just can't stick around for Feb for 501st.

Glad I still have the og battlefronts so my son can get his 5s on.

Hope you guys have fun but my family is moving on to different games now. Obi and the general can't save this game.

Dice I feel like you just ordered 66 your company.

Peace and Afro grease I'm out. And good luck.

Same man, I loved the game at launch. I thought we’d see some more actual content (maps/modes etc). It’s also changing in the wrong direction for my taste. Picking where I can spawn and cards for Hero’s to last longer is no substitute for real content.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Jhereg_Faux
    328 posts Member
    edited October 2
    @Frimmel "Even if the "pay to win" financing of DLC hadn't gone belly-up was there going to actually have been new
    maps and content? Because this updated roadmap suggests there wasn't ever going to be all that much content. "

Every thing has to be signed off before the release of the game, so I believe this has always been their business plan. We already know that most of the things they have been giving us has been in the games data since launch. They still would of taken most of the Dev's over to BF5 regardless too.
    As far as their business model and the hit it took because of the "pay to win" debacle. That's just the difference between receiving a bonus 3 month vacation or a one month vacation for them. They seem to have December free, coincidence?? lol
    They've made more than enough money off the Star Wars fans here to be happy, by doing the least that they can.
    Post edited by Jhereg_Faux on
  • some of us DO care about arcade mode. dont forget arcade mode.

Get good and go online forget about arcade
  • Mariobot21 wrote: »
    some of us DO care about arcade mode. dont forget arcade mode.

All that would take is
    • better servers
    • more Extraction maps
    • fix HvV so it's actually fun
    • fix Blast so it's fun again
    • fix GA so the Squad System is balanced
    • fix the bugs that cause so many people to quit in frustration

But most importantly, get more people to play the game so the lobbies are actually full.
  • Nothing on arcade im very dissapointed. :(
  • JMaster
    1970 posts Member
    Wow. I...
    I'll compose my thoughts at home, but right now it feels like I've been Flash Banged.
    'Cause I can't see anything ahead of me and everything is moving ridiculously slowly. You guys are slowly killin' me.
    Also I hope Grievous comes out before Red Dead.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • The N-1 Starfighter is going to be unlocked in Starfighter Arcade too, right?

I would like to have them answer as well. They said it would previously.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

This.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

People play Arcade for more reasons than because they are not good. Arcade offers split screen (IMO, the best way to play video games) and customization. Arcade will still be playable long after the servers are gone.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1036 posts Member
    edited October 2
    Nothing on arcade im very dissapointed. :(

They previously announced the N-1 for Arcade and stated all new planets would come to Arcade: therefore, we should get the N-1 and Geonosis though they aren't listed. I am almost certain we will get the heroes. I also think the large Arcade mode will come after Feb (which is when the road map stops).
  • They only care about online. It is sad because I am an offline player, but ARCADE won't get any more modes.
  • Thank for N-1 Starfighter !
    News for new Large Scale and Starfighter Assault mode in Arcade ?
  • hsf_
    1234 posts Member
    No love for Star Fighter again =[
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    With the Squad System Update* live, introducing an improved way to play together – plus the 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps and 104th Wolf Pack Battalion Appearances** – we want to give a refreshed view on what’s a bit further down the road. Below, we’ve detailed the items added or changed since the previous Roadmap iteration.

But first, a complete overview of the updated Roadmap.

nz0sjvpbj3sh.png

October – Hero Appearances, N1 Starfighter, and Hero Health Star Cards

For October, we’re revealing that General Grievous*** will don the Jedi Hunter Appearance by default. At Grievous’ release, the additional Battle-Damaged Appearance* will be unlockable with Credits or Crystals.

The fan-favorite N1 Starfighter, a sleek example of Nabooian design and engineering philosophy, will now take to the skies as a fighter class ship in the Hero Starfighters game mode.

Also coming this month are changes to Hero Health Star Cards, giving every hero the ability to equip one of these. Read the Community Transmission solely dedicated to this topic, to learn all about how it affects heroes’ abilities.

November – More Hero Appearances and a Small Update on Geonosis

In November, Obi-Wan Kenobi*** is entering the battlefront, and he’s wearing his Jedi Master Appearance from the get-go. At the same time, Obi-Wan’s Robed Appearance** and another to-be-announced Appearance** for General Grievous are approaching.

Here’s a neat little tidbit about November’s release of Geonosis: this new location will feature the native Geonosians as part of its living world (non-interactive environment). The Geonosians played an important role in the Clone Wars colluding with the Separatists, led by Count Dooku, to develop plans for the first Death Star.

December – No Game Updates

December will see no new game updates, as we’re preparing the Clone Wars content releasing in early 2019 – including a new large-scale, non-linear game mode.

January – Count Dooku, the Coruscant Guard, and Even More Hero Appearances

Then, to kick off the new year, January will see the release of Count Dooku*** plus an additional Appearance** for the Separatist leader. Obi-Wan is expanding his wardrobe even further with the General Kenobi Appearance**, and the Coruscant Guard clone trooper Appearances** are joining the forces of the Galactic Republic.

February – Anakin Skywalker and New Large-Scale, Non-Linear Mode

Anakin Skywalker***, an additional Appearance** for the same, and the 501st Legion clone trooper Appearances** arrive to the game in February. You’ll be able to play with them in our new, large-scale, non-linear game mode featuring capture points and capital ship takedowns.

Please note that more content and features are still to be confirmed. Things might also be moved around, added, or changed. Efforts such as improvements on matchmaking, daily challenges, map rotation, bug fixing, and balancing are ongoing, too. We’ll be back at a later date with an updated view of the Roadmap.

*All updates require Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II on applicable platform (sold separately), all game updates, internet connection, EA account, and, for console players, Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership (each sold separately).
    **Appearances available for Credits earned in-game or Crystals
    ***New heroes are available for Credits earned in-game

Read official web version here.

Sounds fantastic. Can't wait!

Really hoping the STAP and BARC Speeder will eventually be added to other TCW era maps. :smile:
    "All wings report in."
  • so excited
  • Awesome thanks! Cant wait for Grevious! Kenobi should be pretty amazing as well. <3
    0gypubfypdjr.jpg

The_Cloaked_One
  • creativepup
    264 posts Member
    edited October 3
    It just turned Fall and now we learn Anakin won't be available until almost Spring 2019. Pffft. Leave it to EA to always underwhelm low expectations. In fact, that should be their company motto.
  • creativepup
    264 posts Member
    edited October 3
    Who is the is asking for this trash? The only things these devs should be working on is:
    1) New maps.
    2) New weapons.
    3) New heroes and villains.
    4) New real game (not this stupid Hunt nonsense) modes like Drop Zone, Infiltration, Cargo, Turning Point, WS.
    5) New appearances.

Anything not listed above should be ignored or put off and forgotten. No more Hunt modes, no more gimmicks, no ****. The only functional game modes are GA and HvV. Everything else is basically ignored. Extraction would be played a lot if there's more than 2 effin maps.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • one new GA map.. not acceptable.. that's 2 GA maps in 1.25 years, or one every 7.5 months.

another let down
  • Zinjo2017
    481 posts Member
    edited October 3
    You guys may wanna consider some replayable modes such as cargo and DropZone and leave the gimmicks aside. Countless people I know have left because of the lack of anything remotely competitive. You had it right back in 15 and now we have whatever this is.

Imo this game has 2 modes, GA, which is getting extremely stale and nothing more than a spamfest, and a decent HvV mode when it runs right, I just don’t know how much longer players I know can bang their head in the same spot.
    Cargo is now called "Extraction" and I was never a fan of drop zone, hardly ever played it.
    I think it is time to recycle more SWBF1 maps and toss them into the mix. With the class system it makes those grand old maps totally brand new to play on. They will take less time to dress up and code than the Geonosis map has and it adds to the environments we can play on.
    If there are no updates in December, how about giving us double XP or double Credit weekends until New Years? With all the new content coming out we gotta pay for it somehow...
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • I believe it, when I see it :)

But honestly, I did not expect new fresh content at all. Cool.
  • I'm a little exasperated by this timeline. I believe the original plan, had you not changed the progression system, that CW content would have been available in March. Why are you not just putting out all four characters out at once and create a season? Is this to keep interest in the game? Or QA test on the new character, one by one, have bugs or are OP? I can already guess that General Grievous is going to be OP, and those that rightfully argue that the Dark Side is OP in HvV, this will make things worse. I know the community has been anticipating all these characters for a long time now, and arguably should have been included at launch. I still don't understand why, if you're looking to make more off this game, that you just didn't create a DLC season pass like with BF1? So why still string this along, and just add all CW characters by next month?
  • Lmfao..looks like we gotta wait till feb for anakin. Pathetic
  • I really hope this is a joke.. Dooku and Anakin aren’t coming out until next year? No content in December? Looks like I won’t be staying around long enough to even play as Dooku or Anakin.. not with RDR2 coming out. At least I know Rockstar can give their players quality content in a timely manner.

Yes rdr2!
  • The info is nice and yet very disappointing. Good luck taking us away from RDR2 with the that lineup.
    I regret wasting credits on the clone skins already.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    I play now to get the 3 daily challenges and whatever credits I get in the process. cant play longer than that as the fun dies quickly. need more content to tide us over in the interim

I hear ya. I was playing daily up until a couple weeks ago when I abruptly stopped. I finally played again yesterday to try out the new squad system and quit after 2 GA matches. The content drip isn’t really helping either, more annoying than anything. Feel they should release Grev and Obi at the same time. I have no interest to try and level Grev in HvV to not have Obi to level when playing light side. Same will be with the release of Dooku while waiting for Ani. Also felt the newer large scale mode was coming sooner than Feb.
  • Wait wait wait... the banner on the forum says the October roadmap is live.... Does this mean we're not getting another roadmap until the end of November?
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    With the Squad System Update* live, introducing an improved way to play together – plus the 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps and 104th Wolf Pack Battalion Appearances** – we want to give a refreshed view on what’s a bit further down the road. Below, we’ve detailed the items added or changed since the previous Roadmap iteration.

But first, a complete overview of the updated Roadmap.

nz0sjvpbj3sh.png

October – Hero Appearances, N1 Starfighter, and Hero Health Star Cards

For October, we’re revealing that General Grievous*** will don the Jedi Hunter Appearance by default. At Grievous’ release, the additional Battle-Damaged Appearance* will be unlockable with Credits or Crystals.

The fan-favorite N1 Starfighter, a sleek example of Nabooian design and engineering philosophy, will now take to the skies as a fighter class ship in the Hero Starfighters game mode.

Also coming this month are changes to Hero Health Star Cards, giving every hero the ability to equip one of these. Read the Community Transmission solely dedicated to this topic, to learn all about how it affects heroes’ abilities.

November – More Hero Appearances and a Small Update on Geonosis

In November, Obi-Wan Kenobi*** is entering the battlefront, and he’s wearing his Jedi Master Appearance from the get-go. At the same time, Obi-Wan’s Robed Appearance** and another to-be-announced Appearance** for General Grievous are approaching.

Here’s a neat little tidbit about November’s release of Geonosis: this new location will feature the native Geonosians as part of its living world (non-interactive environment). The Geonosians played an important role in the Clone Wars colluding with the Separatists, led by Count Dooku, to develop plans for the first Death Star.

December – No Game Updates

December will see no new game updates, as we’re preparing the Clone Wars content releasing in early 2019 – including a new large-scale, non-linear game mode.

January – Count Dooku, the Coruscant Guard, and Even More Hero Appearances

Then, to kick off the new year, January will see the release of Count Dooku*** plus an additional Appearance** for the Separatist leader. Obi-Wan is expanding his wardrobe even further with the General Kenobi Appearance**, and the Coruscant Guard clone trooper Appearances** are joining the forces of the Galactic Republic.

February – Anakin Skywalker and New Large-Scale, Non-Linear Mode

Anakin Skywalker***, an additional Appearance** for the same, and the 501st Legion clone trooper Appearances** arrive to the game in February. You’ll be able to play with them in our new, large-scale, non-linear game mode featuring capture points and capital ship takedowns.

Please note that more content and features are still to be confirmed. Things might also be moved around, added, or changed. Efforts such as improvements on matchmaking, daily challenges, map rotation, bug fixing, and balancing are ongoing, too. We’ll be back at a later date with an updated view of the Roadmap.

*All updates require Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II on applicable platform (sold separately), all game updates, internet connection, EA account, and, for console players, Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership (each sold separately).
    **Appearances available for Credits earned in-game or Crystals
    ***New heroes are available for Credits earned in-game

Read official web version here.

Booooo!
  • Thank for N-1 Starfighter !
    News for new Large Scale and Starfighter Assault mode in Arcade ?

I would like this as well.
  • RC2074
    92 posts Member
    edited October 3
    Thank you for this tiny update because this game is getting too repetitive and redundant, mostly because of the limited and small number of planets and locations.

That makes the game boring in the end. EA DICE if you wish this game a future, then give us more and not in this really slow way.

Because you have the contract for STAR WARS DICE/EA you can do as you please, but if you had some competition regarding the STAR WARS francise you might think differently.

Lucasarts back in the days was making way better games than you EA DICE and more games as well and there was no micro transactions ****. Also back then, once you owned a game it was a complete game and not like now where we have 1/4 of a game and still pay to get pieces of it.

Even the old Battlefront game is way better than yours regarding game play. Graphic may not be as great as it can be today but that was only limited by the time tech advance. I really wish that Lucasart would become a thing again, but I know it will not as long as some certain people presently is in charge.
  • I really hope this is a joke.. Dooku and Anakin aren’t coming out until next year? No content in December? Looks like I won’t be staying around long enough to even play as Dooku or Anakin.. not with RDR2 coming out. At least I know Rockstar can give their players quality content in a timely manner.

My thoughts precisly.. slow

yep also something that is neclected by these people in DICE...
  • The N-1 Starfighter is going to be unlocked in Starfighter Arcade too, right?

I hope so.. but with the super speed DICE have,, I doubt it
  • Please fix matchmaking first please. This game is hands down the worst when it comes to fair match. Just add a little team scramble to prevent buildup of good on one team and bad on the other.
  • TheChosenOne516
    102 posts Member
    edited October 4
    It's time we be honest with ourselves. EA has failed us. No company should neglect a game and a passionate community like they did to us and to BF2. I will never understand the logic of taking devs away from an already struggling game to a brand new one that hasn't even been released yet. Either use the millions/billions of dollars that EA scalps from players to hire a new team of devs to work on the new game or just abandon the old game all together. Trying to revive BF now is going to fail. It's been too long. There's been too many issues, too many complaints, and too much deception. Adding one hero a month is hardly adding content. It's doing the bare minimum to see if people will come back to the game. They won't. I already know I'll be attacked by all the hardcore fan boys for writing this post, but it needs to be said. This game failed the minute EA turned their backs on it. It's not the Devs fault or the Mods fault, it's the fault of a giant, greedy company that doesn't care about making games that people enjoy. EA only cares about how fat its pockets are.
    Post edited by TheChosenOne516 on
  • More Luke skins, more skins for officers,more skins for specialist, more maps, more game modes. Come on man!!!!
  • I wish we knew exactly when they were dropping. I wanna know if grievous comes at the end of middle of October
  • So... they're going to add ONE map?! The originals had maps out the wazoo! Cmon, the maps should be the EASIEST thing to pump out, and the things that get old the fastest! Glad it's a clone wars map though.
  • So... they're going to add ONE map?! The originals had maps out the wazoo! Cmon, the maps should be the EASIEST thing to pump out, and the things that get old the fastest! Glad it's a clone wars map though.

Actually, skins will be the easiest thing to pump out. When you take into account modeling, UV-ing, texturing, VFX (dust, blowing leaves, etc) and lighting, THEN having to redo tons of that because someone at the top doesn't like it... maps take MUCH more time.

Also, there's this WONDERFUL (sarcastic) thing in 3D referred to as the model's topology. Long story short, you're trying to make your object ONLY using flat squares and triangles. That's it. Further more, you get this nasty thing called "edge flow" which dictates how those squares have to be lined up, and if your edge flow isn't the greatest, your model looks horrible if you try and smooth it a bit later.

Well we would go online buttttttt lol No one on xbox can connect right now and even arcade mode is freezing at the end now so what do we do ? Lmfao
  • MajesticAndHolyWade
    194 posts Member
    edited October 4
    Batman20 wrote: »
    I wish we knew exactly when they were dropping. I wanna know if grievous comes at the end of middle of October

I believe Ben mentioned "the end of the month". So I'd bet the 30th of October or 6th of November because...

https://media.makeameme.org/created/Delays-Delays-Everywhere.jpgkq70roplbxpa.png
  • SCARTracer4316
    46 posts Member
    edited October 4
    Batman20 wrote: »
    I wish we knew exactly when they were dropping. I wanna know if grievous comes at the end of middle of October

I believe Ben mentioned "the end of the month". So I'd bet the 30th or 6th of November because...

https://media.makeameme.org/created/Delays-Delays-Everywhere.jpgkq70roplbxpa.png

Lets be honest now but there will be a new road map pushing grevious back till november and everything else back a month its a growing trend .... Definitely not holding breath and either way how are xbox user gonna have enough creds to get him lol systems been down so we cant do any challenges or collect our dailys ... 👎
  • Batman20 wrote: »

I believe Ben mentioned "the end of the month". So I'd bet the 30th or 6th of November because...

Lets be honest now but there will be a new road map pushing grevious back till november and everything else back a month its a growing trend .... Definitely not holding breath and either way how are xbox user gonna have enough creds to get him lol systems been down so we cant do any challenges or collect our dailys ... 👎

I'm really sorry you can't connect, man. I heard there was a hotfix coming at some point today, so hopefully that fixes things for you!

I'm really sorry you can't connect, man. I heard there was a hotfix coming at some point today, so hopefully that fixes things for you!

Havnt been able to connect since first patch before the hot fix man almost a 7 day BF2 dry spell no dailys no creds no challenges :( we are dieing for a patch for Xbox

Havnt been able to connect since first patch before the hot fix man almost a 7 day BF2 dry spell no dailys no creds no challenges :( we are dieing for a patch for Xbox

As a fellow Xbox user, I find it incredibly odd that this only effects some of us.... I still freeze while connecting, but if I just wait for about a minute it returns to normal and connects.

Strange.
  • So i logged in on my sons account and made a fresh ea account and guess what works fine so its something coded to already made EA accounts 👎👎
  • And then switch back to my account and bam yep definitely something with the accounts side of things.