criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Our Updated Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Roadmap Details What's Ahead

Replies

• I dont see why y'all couldnt release a small blast map or SOMETHING in December... You already have maps from the campaign that are not being used in multiplayer...
  • please make arcade rewards be 1000 credits and also please have arcade have maps from campaign PLEASE the game is getting boring and is hard just to get 5000 credits on the game in one day

• Looks good. Interesting October!
  • What was today's patch supposed to fix? Arcade is still broken.... ?? And the 500 credits awarded thingy still keeps popping up over and over on the right hand side. Did the XBOX connectivity issue get fixed?
  • So, no ported maps from the campain, no ported maps from battlefront 2015, no new guns, no new enforcers, no skins for imperial troopers, no skins for droids, no skins for the first order troopers, no new skins for other heroes, no new maps for extraction and no update for december... :s

add no enforcer emoting to that list too! :'(
    I really hope this is a joke.. Dooku and Anakin aren’t coming out until next year? No content in December? Looks like I won’t be staying around long enough to even play as Dooku or Anakin.. not with RDR2 coming out. At least I know Rockstar can give their players quality content in a timely manner.

I'm all about "release it when it's ready & glitch-free".

Still way better than playing STAR WARS games on the iPhone. As long as it's the best SW game, I'll hang out and play with my bros B)
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• I mean very late for the main jedi/sith in episode 1,2, and 3. Anakin and Dooku. But ill take obi-wan.
  • please make arcade rewards be 1000 credits and also please have arcade have maps from campaign PLEASE the game is getting boring and is hard just to get 5000 credits on the game in one day

This would be cool.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Will I be able to connect on Xbox by February? P a t h e t i c
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • creativepup
    264 posts Member
    edited October 7
    No. Since they have announced that nothing will be done to the game from mid-November to probably the beginning of February. That's why this will continue for months.
    Will I be able to connect on Xbox by February? P a t h e t i c

Post edited by creativepup on
  • Will I be able to connect on Xbox by February? P a t h e t i c

I am still having trouble too. Takes at lest 10 mins to get it to work at which point I don't want to play. I was playing every day until this last update and its totally ruined it for me. I haven't tried connecting at all this week. Tempted to try today, but don't want to spoil my mood.
  • IIPrest0nII
    3183 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    So i logged in on my sons account and made a fresh ea account and guess what works fine so its something coded to already made EA accounts 👎👎

Can you please contact EA support and tell them about this? This info should be really helpful for them.

https://help.ea.com/contact-us/

Thanks!
    Volunteer EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator
  • Nothing was fixed by the hotfix.
    Tigzee wrote: »
    What was today's patch supposed to fix? Arcade is still broken.... ?? And the 500 credits awarded thingy still keeps popping up over and over on the right hand side. Did the XBOX connectivity issue get fixed?

• Weren't we supposed to have the clone wars season this year? Wasn't this said at E3?
  • creativepup
    264 posts Member
    edited October 7
    They also said new weapons, new maps, new heroes, new games modes before launch too. None of that was true either. Just multiple Millennium Falcons, Whatever Showdown and Whatever Hunt which no one plays and the neverending stream of patches that make the game even more unplayable than before. The preventing of Xbox players from playing and the squad system that doesn't let you spawn on anyone along with the matchmaking system that only creates even more empty lobbies is the pinnacle of failure.
    Weren't we supposed to have the clone wars season this year? Wasn't this said at E3?

Post edited by creativepup on
  • Festerguts
    5 posts Member
    edited October 7
    Can you [removed] rotate the maps please, put that [removed] on random. Do[removed] that makes sense. I haven't played Yavin 4, Crait, and Starkiller Base in weeks!!!!
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • IIPrest0nII
    3183 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    @Festerguts

Please do not swear on the forums as it's not allowed. I edited your comment.

Also, read the forum rules before posting: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines#latest

Thanks!
    Volunteer EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator
  • Please I have a question: how do you use the double zoom? In -options, -key assignment, I do not choose keys for "double zoom". How do you do it?
  • I think a Darth Vader's skin as dark Anakin Skywalker would be very cool and we'd all like to see it.
  • why devs always work on nerf/buff/cards instead of real new content ? only 1 GA card in the first year of the game (Crait). extraction is the best mode you added in 2018 but we can play only on 2 maps... you guys like to say that you listened to the community and sometime i agree. you asked us if we wanted new maps and or maps from BF 2015 and what we got ? nothing since you made the survey. please tell us that you are working on GA and extraction maps.
  • Anonymous_Tom
    135 posts Member
    edited October 7
    As usual, nothing worthwhile and still no new weapons.

DICE just needs to give up on this game. Their little pretend game of show and tell and "caring" about Star Wars isn't working.

They should really just stop making games altogether.
    #ShutDICEdown
  • As usual, nothing worthwhile and still no new weapons.

DICE just needs to give up on this game. Their little pretend game of show and tell and "caring" about Star Wars isn't working.

They should really just stop making games altogether.

I'm pretty sure it's EA who controls DICE.
  • Horrible game modes such as Whatever Showdown and Whatever Hunt, no old maps or new maps. Squad system that prevents you from spawning on your squad, matchmaking system that is built to create unlimited amount of empty lobbies and prevent players from playing in a match, no weapons, no star cards while listening to the minority and ignoring the entire community. How about the lie about content based on special dates and anniversaries? I guess that was referring to whenever.

Speedjack wrote: »
    why devs always work on nerf/buff/cards instead of real new content ? only 1 GA card in the first year of the game (Crait). extraction is the best mode you added in 2018 but we can play only on 2 maps... you guys like to say that you listened to the community and sometime i agree. you asked us if we wanted new maps and or maps from BF 2015 and what we got ? nothing since you made the survey. please tell us that you are working on GA and extraction maps.

• Please add the Naboo starfighter to the starfighter assault mode, hero starship mode is no fun
    Ayy Lmao 🐱‍👤
  • So, no ported maps from the campain, no ported maps from battlefront 2015, no new guns, no new enforcers, no skins for imperial troopers, no skins for droids, no skins for the first order troopers, no new skins for other heroes, no new maps for extraction and no update for december... :s

I would love for dice to port over the maps I paid for in the first battlefront, cause you can't find a game in the dlc playlist on the first, they should port over the maps and throw them into the rotation, feels like bf2 lacked in locations, although I do like playing as darth maul in the Naboo hanger
    Ayy Lmao 🐱‍👤
  • MCA26
    137 posts Member

Havnt been able to connect since first patch before the hot fix man almost a 7 day BF2 dry spell no dailys no creds no challenges :( we are dieing for a patch for Xbox

7 days is cute, for a lot of people it's been 3 months now thanks to the empty server issue.
  • Absolutely absurd. I hope another company picks up Star Wars. This is a mockery after all the time ea has had. Had me exited for second, but nope. Just disappointed. Disturbing, very disturbing.
  • Since they have no intention of making any new maps after Geonosis, then bring all of the 2015 maps AND game modes such as Infiltration, Drop Zone, Sabotage, Cargo, Death Star Battle Station. No one cares about Whatever Showdown and Whatever Hunt.
    So, no ported maps from the campain, no ported maps from battlefront 2015, no new guns, no new enforcers, no skins for imperial troopers, no skins for droids, no skins for the first order troopers, no new skins for other heroes, no new maps for extraction and no update for december... :s

I would love for dice to port over the maps I paid for in the first battlefront, cause you can't find a game in the dlc playlist on the first, they should port over the maps and throw them into the rotation, feels like bf2 lacked in locations, although I do like playing as darth maul in the Naboo hanger

• I feel we should get more than Grevious for October.....
  • Since they have no intention of making any new maps after Geonosis, then bring all of the 2015 maps AND game modes such as Infiltration, Drop Zone, Sabotage, Cargo, Death Star Battle Station. No one cares about Whatever Showdown and Whatever Hunt.
    [

Battle Station was really fun doing the trench run!
    Ayy Lmao 🐱‍👤
  • I would love to see some new weapons for each class or even some new modding opportunities and classes itself.
    Game is getting a bit boring :(
  • I really hope this is a joke.. Dooku and Anakin aren’t coming out until next year? No content in December? Looks like I won’t be staying around long enough to even play as Dooku or Anakin.. not with RDR2 coming out. At least I know Rockstar can give their players quality content in a timely manner.

For a second, I read that as "not with R2D2 coming out.", which left me wondering for a moment what kind of hero he would be. Maybe he'll lean forward and launch lightsabers at enemies?
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    With the Squad System Update* live, introducing an improved way to play together

This sir is a joke, matchmaking is broken as never before, just got so frustrated, for the first time in months i've just closed the game, and have no intention to come back until this gets fixed the proper way.

• Vanilagorila380-heavy issue dc-15le exploding shots. Now that we have to deal with random people that have no clue what strategy is that spawn directly in front of you when your two shots from clearing a room and a teammate stands in front and deflects shots back to only affect me and kill yourself while the **** goes off with kill points.
    Second issue-new hot fix for xbox one randomly kicks you out after freezing in game able to spin in a circle unable to shot or swing then kicks you out to a error 201 message unable to connect
    3rd- squad system, now that we're forced to be paired with random unskilled players is there a way to turn off the system and play as before spawn at default spot and be done. Very frustrating when a child hops in starts shooting and blows your cover before able to unleash on others your stalking

u7sqiwizcav7.jpg
    jp17osft6mcg.jpg
    74o7huwmzjpw.jpg
  • Just expect Anakin being the last hero of the game.
  • Vanilagorila380-heavy issue dc-15le exploding shots. Now that we have to deal with random people that have no clue what strategy is that spawn directly in front of you when your two shots from clearing a room and a teammate stands in front and deflects shots back to only affect me and kill yourself while the **** goes off with kill points.
    Second issue-new hot fix for xbox one randomly kicks you out after freezing in game able to spin in a circle unable to shot or swing then kicks you out to a error 201 message unable to connect
    3rd- squad system, now that we're forced to be paired with random unskilled players is there a way to turn off the system and play as before spawn at default spot and be done. Very frustrating when a child hops in starts shooting and blows your cover before able to unleash on others your stalking

u7sqiwizcav7.jpg
    jp17osft6mcg.jpg
    74o7huwmzjpw.jpg

I have no idea who you are, but I just wanted to say that's a REALLY nice picture you have above that TV!
  • RC2074
    92 posts Member
    edited October 14
    F8RGE I wish to sent a message! Please respect when I do no want anything to do with the Sequel maps!
    I used the function that said I want Clone Wars only maps, yet I am bombarded with these crappy maps from movies I hate and do not want anything to do with. So hear me when I say NO to Crait, Jakku, Takodanna and Starkiller base.. They are NOT wanted!

I am so **** when I start a game and constantly are presented with these maps. So please stop !
  • creativepup
    264 posts Member
    edited October 14
    I thought the ping site "fix" for that dumb default setting was supposed to find games at ANY LOCATION. My default setting couldn't find a game of Extraction, I switch to Virginia and I immediately find a game on Kessel at the third checkpoint. Seriously DICE, you guys are a bunch of id!ots.
  • Hobo_Joe
    46 posts Member
    edited October 16
    Logged on to see what was new after not playing it in what seems like almost six months, and a Trophy popped up: "Impressive!" - In multiplayer, log on after a six-month or greater absence to find that pretty much [removed]all has changed.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Starmasui73146
    911 posts Member
    edited October 15
    il96 wrote: »
    No one cares about arcade mode.
    Hey speak for yourself bud.

Some of us DO care about Arcade Mode...don’t forget Arcade Mode.

Thank you. Cheers...
    The N-1 Starfighter is going to be unlocked in Starfighter Arcade too, right?

Really, who said that?
    Outrider wrote: »
    All these new clone trooper skins, and the only time I get to use them is in Arcade because there's no Clone War era Extraction map.

Hmmmm a bummer about there being no Clone Wars era maps for Extraction but more Clone Trooper skins for Arcade is just what the doctor ordered. Making my Offline Arcade Kamino battle all the sweeter by the day. Now if only I can pick out what my A.I. Clone troopers helmets and body armor looks like for each one, that would rock.

But seriously though this is all incomplete without Destroyer Droids, where’s the Droid Dekka?
    Mariobot21 wrote: »
    Get good and go online forget about Arcade.
    Aren’t you being rather harsh? Do you really know the reason for why he preferred Offline? Sometimes a laid back good time is fun, not everyone enjoys high stress; plus what if he has poor internet service?

All that would take is
    • better servers
    • more Extraction maps
    • fix HvV so it's actually fun
    • fix Blast so it's fun again
    • fix GA so the Squad System is balanced
    • fix the bugs that cause so many people to quit in frustration

But most importantly, get more people to play the game so the lobbies are actually full.
    Server Connectivity can be a huge issue, yes. So can people with handy caps that can not play the same as everyone else. Plus some of us enjoy playing at home with friends Offline.
    Nothing on arcade?...I’m very disappointed.
    I hear ya there.
    I would like to have them answer as well. They said it would previously. They previously announced the N-1 for Arcade and stated all new planets would come to Arcade: therefore, we should get the N-1 and Geonosis though they aren't listed. I am almost certain we will get the heroes. I also think the large Arcade mode will come after Feb (which is when the road map stops).

Hmmmm okay cool, thanks for the clarification. The Large Scale mode better indeed be available Offline or I will be livid.
    Some of us DO care about Arcade Mode, don’t forget Arcade Mode.
    RC2074 wrote: »
    some of us DO care about arcade mode. dont forget arcade mode.

Yep, also something that is neclected by these people in DICE...
    This.

Exactly.
    People play Arcade for more reasons than because they are not good. Arcade offers split screen (IMO, the best way to play video games) and customization. Arcade will still be playable long after the servers are gone.

Sing it....

Llunots wrote: »
    They only care about online. It is sad because I am an offline player, but ARCADE won't get any more modes.

Seeeeee devs Offline does matter. In fact Star Wars Battlefront (2015) Skirmish is the only mode I now play.
    Thank for N-1 Starfighter !
    News for new Large Scale and Starfighter Assault mode in Arcade ?

Yes we need news, please.
    hsf_ wrote: »
    No love for Star Fighter again

Online Star Fighter Assault has unfortunately been abandon, the other company has moved on. But DICE still can do something. Star Fighter Assault Offline would just rock my socks off.
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    You guys may wanna consider some replayable modes such as cargo and DropZone and leave the gimmicks aside. Countless people I know have left because of the lack of anything remotely competitive. You had it right back in 15 and now we have whatever this is.

Imo this game has 2 modes, GA, which is getting extremely stale and nothing more than a spamfest, and a decent HvV mode when it runs right, I just don’t know how much longer players I know can bang their head in the same spot.
    Cargo is now called "Extraction" and I was never a fan of drop zone, hardly ever played it.
    I think it is time to recycle more SWBF1 maps and toss them into the mix. With the class system it makes those grand old maps totally brand new to play on. They will take less time to dress up and code than the Geonosis map has and it adds to the environments we can play on.
    If there are no updates in December, how about giving us double XP or double Credit weekends until New Years? With all the new content coming out we gotta pay for it somehow...

I would love more retro maps too but not as much as I want Dagobah, Mustafar, Falucia and Utapau.

Oooo yeah that would be awesome.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    911 posts Member
    edited October 15
    Get good and go online forget about Arcade.
    Aren’t you being rather harsh? Do you really know the reason for why he preferred Offline? Sometimes a laid back good time is fun, not everyone enjoys high stress; plus what if he has poor internet service?

All that would take is
    • better servers
    • more Extraction maps
    • fix HvV so it's actually fun
    • fix Blast so it's fun again
    • fix GA so the Squad System is balanced
    • fix the bugs that cause so many people to quit in frustration

But most importantly, get more people to play the game so the lobbies are actually full.
    Server Connectivity can be a huge issue, yes. So can people with handy caps that can not play the same as everyone else. Plus some of us enjoy playing at home with friends Offline.
    Nothing on arcade?...I’m very disappointed.
    I hear ya there.
    I would like to have them answer as well. They said it would previously. They previously announced the N-1 for Arcade and stated all new planets would come to Arcade: therefore, we should get the N-1 and Geonosis though they aren't listed. I am almost certain we will get the heroes. I also think the large Arcade mode will come after Feb (which is when the road map stops).

Hmmmm okay cool, thanks for the clarification. The Large Scale mode better indeed be available Offline or I will be livid.
    Some of us DO care about Arcade Mode, don’t forget Arcade Mode.

yep also something that is neclected by these people in DICE...
    This.

Exactly.
    People play Arcade for more reasons than because they are not good. Arcade offers split screen (IMO, the best way to play video games) and customization. Arcade will still be playable long after the servers are gone.

Sing it....

Llunots wrote: »
    They only care about online. It is sad because I am an offline player, but ARCADE won't get any more modes.

Seeeeee devs Offline does matter. In fact Star Wars Battlefront (2015) Skirmish is the only mode I now play.
    Thank for N-1 Starfighter !
    News for new Large Scale and Starfighter Assault mode in Arcade ?

Yes we need news, please.
    hsf_ wrote: »
    No love for Star Fighter again =[

Online Star Fighter Assault has unfortunately been abandon, the other company has moved on. But DICE still can do something. Star Fighter Assault Offline would just rock my socks off.
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    You guys may wanna consider some replayable modes such as cargo and DropZone and leave the gimmicks aside. Countless people I know have left because of the lack of anything remotely competitive. You had it right back in 15 and now we have whatever this is.

Imo this game has 2 modes, GA, which is getting extremely stale and nothing more than a spamfest, and a decent HvV mode when it runs right, I just don’t know how much longer players I know can bang their head in the same spot.
    Cargo is now called "Extraction" and I was never a fan of drop zone, hardly ever played it.
    I think it is time to recycle more SWBF1 maps and toss them into the mix. With the class system it makes those grand old maps totally brand new to play on. They will take less time to dress up and code than the Geonosis map has and it adds to the environments we can play on.
    If there are no updates in December, how about giving us double XP or double Credit weekends until New Years? With all the new content coming out we gotta pay for it somehow...

I would love more retro maps too but not as much as I want Dagobah, Mustafar, Falucia and Utapau.

Oooo yeah that would be awesome.
    I hope so.. but with the super speed DICE have,, I doubt it

Get good and go online forget about arcade

Well we would go online buttttttt lol No one on xbox can connect right now and even arcade mode is freezing at the end now so what do we do ? Lmfao
    Batman20 wrote: »
    I wish we knew exactly when they were dropping. I wanna know if grievous comes at the end of middle of October

I believe Ben mentioned "the end of the month". So I'd bet the 30th or 6th of November because...

https://media.makeameme.org/created/Delays-Delays-Everywhere.jpgkq70roplbxpa.png

Lets be honest now but there will be a new road map pushing grevious back till november and everything else back a month its a growing trend .... Definitely not holding breath and either way how are xbox user gonna have enough creds to get him lol systems been down so we cant do any challenges or collect our dailys ... 👎

I'm really sorry you can't connect, man. I heard there was a hotfix coming at some point today, so hopefully that fixes things for you!

Haven’t been able to connect since first patch before the hot fix man almost a 7 day BF2 dry spell no dailys no creds no challenges :( we are dieing for a patch for Xbox
    Bummer.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Wow every time I post it’s all whacked out of joint. I think I got it right this time.

All’s I wanted to say is:

(1.) We would like more Arcade maps, we are NOT a minority.

(2.) I hope that the Large Scale mode is still available for Offline come February?

(3.) As for Online we need Supremacy.

(4.) Please don’t forget your promise that all added maps will be available in Arcade.

(5.) Exited about those new Hunt modes coming..

Despite having less people you still are giving it a valiant effort, keep up the good work.
    I know you’ll fix the bugs as you go. Cheers.

“There is always hope.”
  • Is there any plans to give us more blasters/weapons in the near future?
    Much better selection needed.
  • TheMetalImpostor
    7 posts Member
    edited October 15
    Surpriesed that there isn't a Courasant map though, but I can live with Genosis. I am also pretty suprised that we will get nothing in December even though that is when DICE goes on vacation I think, although they might do something in December when they update the roadmap again. It is sadly looking very underwhelming though, and hopefully we might be getting that Droidika and Arc Trooper(With dual pistols or DC-15).
  • Wow every time I post it’s all whacked out of joint. I think I got it right this time.

All’s I wanted to say is:

(1.) We would like more Arcade maps, we are NOT a minority.

(2.) I hope that the Large Scale mode is still available for Offline come February?

(3.) As for Online we need Supremacy.

(4.) Please don’t forget your promise that all added maps will be available in Arcade.

(5.) Exited about those new Hunt modes coming..

Despite having less people you still are giving it a valiant effort, keep up the good work.
    I know you’ll fix the bugs as you go. Cheers.

I definitely want those maps and large mode for Arcade.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I really hope this is a joke.. Dooku and Anakin aren’t coming out until next year? No content in December? Looks like I won’t be staying around long enough to even play as Dooku or Anakin.. not with RDR2 coming out. At least I know Rockstar can give their players quality content in a timely manner.

Good to know that you're too ignorant to comprehend further than 1 week in either direction. It's called Christmas vacation, kid, they did the same thing last year, so why is it now suddely a crime against the universe? This is not a new concept.
  • EA needs to lose this contract for further SW games. Tired of the mismanagement and poor game play/programming.
  • DarthJ
    5148 posts Member
    I really hope this is a joke.. Dooku and Anakin aren’t coming out until next year? No content in December? Looks like I won’t be staying around long enough to even play as Dooku or Anakin.. not with RDR2 coming out. At least I know Rockstar can give their players quality content in a timely manner.

Good to know that you're too ignorant to comprehend further than 1 week in either direction. It's called Christmas vacation, kid, they did the same thing last year, so why is it now suddely a crime against the universe? This is not a new concept.

I think because the standard concept for a Christmas break is 2 weeks, at least it is in all parts of Europe except Sweden apparently.

The crime is more that there will be nothing at all pretty much, even fixes, between last thing November to last thing in January, going off the way they release things.

Now voice lines are recorded for the new heroes so you would assume that they are in various forms of being created. I would assume a whole 2 months isnt needed to continue this work with the lack of content coming, so we can also assume that they seem to be downing tools for an entire month before picking things up again.

I wish I got the same holidays they do, I would never be at work
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • RC2074
    92 posts Member
    edited October 18
    I find it strange that Dice mentionen nothing about fixing the Clone Troopers skins like they promised us. Like 327th so they dont have the correct look with pauldrons and not with the Commander Bly thighs etc. Oh yeah thats right..

that was December that they promised the fixing of those issues.. and oh wait nothing comes in December.. Sounds like they changed their mind and not keeping that promise... tsk tsk.. DICE do not think for a moment that forget that easy..!