criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Phasma's Staff Needs a Buff More Than Ever

If Phasma will only be able to regenerate health by killing enemies with her staff strikes, they need to be a lot better. As of now using Phasma's staff in GA is still pretty much a death wish, it seriously needs to be reworked or it will be as if she doesn't have a health card at all.
jexdw69dwod3.png

Replies

  • It was fine before the last tweak they did to it
  • I agree it was silly to add to that skill. But, then again, she does already have a decent self buff.
  • Andrien
    134 posts Member
    edited October 2
    She's a blaster hero, not a Jedi. She has no special powers other than her weapon. I don't even bother using the staff. Just stun with the droid and proceed to melt the target with her blaster. Keep rolling to avoid being hit and use her self buff. For God sake, Han Solo doesn't even have a droid or a buff.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    She's a blaster hero, not a Jedi. She has no special powers other than her weapon. I don't even bother using the staff. Just stun with the droid and proceed to melt the target with her blaster. Keep rolling to avoid being hit and use her self buff.

    Phasma is a decent hero, I agree. But why even give her a health card for her staff if it just can't kill enemies?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Bturc0tt3
    45 posts Member
    edited October 2
    Phasma's staff strike will still be unattractive and suicidal to use with this card coming.

    2 things need to happen:

    1. Guarantee health on each hit, because the target could have slightly too much health, and kill her with 1 health remaining. I like the idea of making staff strike a finisher, so giving a bonus health incentive to executing with it will just flow nicely I believe.

    2. The staff strike itself still just becomes an attempt to regain health. It's not a strong option by any means. Going back to the idea of an execution or "final hit" it could play off one or several mechanics.

    -Damage multiplier for low health targets
    -Damage multiplier for low health phasma
    -Health/armor buff for low health phasma
    -Health/Armor buff for low health targets
    -Knockback or stun when phasma is low health
    -Second/Third target chain lightening for executing target

    If phasma were to harness mechanics such as this, where she is pretty much a phoenix should she get a staff strike off, she immediately becomes a MUCH stronger hero against troopers, and no longer a two-trick pony.

    I have copyrighted these ideas so if you make use of them I demand that you rename the card to "will to live".
  • Bturc0tt3 wrote: »
    Phasma's staff strike will still be useless even though she has this card coming.

    If someone is going to give up damage for the staff strike's healing on kill, there's always a chance the target barely survives and she gets killed because of it.

    I believe turning the card into health on hit, extra on kill, and multiplied for heroes will be sufficient.

    Even then, the star card doesn't make the ability a strong option, just a desperate one.

    Passively, her strike needs to give her damage reduction briefly, push the victim, etc. She just needs something else to make the ability not a dice-roll to survive when a smart player would just go without the healing.

    Or just buff the strikes. This card could work nicely if her staff wasn't useless.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Andrien
    134 posts Member
    edited October 2
    Phasma is a decent hero, I agree. But why even give her a health card for her staff if it just can't kill enemies?

    I can see why you might want to use the staff because it could be fun. However, she makes primary use of her blaster. The health buff is to help you when you're taking a lot of heat from blaster fire or when your dodging lightsaber blows. She has a really good blaster. Perhaps the devs thought that coupled with the health buff and stun droid was sufficient so didn't find it necessary to beef up the staff. Besides, they already gave it an upgrade for what it's worth.
  • Her staff could be able to stun any players she hits with it, since she is already sort of a stun hero.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    Phasma is a decent hero, I agree. But why even give her a health card for her staff if it just can't kill enemies?

    I can see why you might want to use the staff because it could be fun. However, she makes primary use of her blaster. The health buff is to help you when you're taking a lot of heat from blaster fire or when your dodging lightsaber blows. She has a really good blaster. Perhaps the devs thought that coupled with the health buff and stun droid was sufficient so didn't find it necessary to beef up the staff. Besides, they already gave it an upgrade for what it's worth.

    I'm not sure you understood. DICE is giving every hero a health card, and Phasma's only regenerates health when she gets kills with the staff, which now is impossible.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I'm not sure you understood. DICE is giving every hero a health card, and Phasma's only regenerates health when she gets kills with the staff, which now is impossible.

    I'm not sure you understand that I understood. In addition, you're asking DICE to give Captain Phasma a health regeneration star card? Are you aware that she gets a health buff? If you've been following the conversation, you would have seen that.

    So to summarize, you're asking for a health regen star card, plus a health buff, plus regen on staff kills? Sure why not Green? Let's just make her invincible. By the way, saying every Hero has a health card is an exaggeration. The last time I checked, Lando doesn't get one, Han doesn't get one, neither does Chewy. Some of them get health bonus, but not regen. If they did, I would be using them.

    Rey has a health regen on kill card, but it's garbage (only 60 health per kill). How about we give Han a health regen card?
  • Andrien
    134 posts Member
    edited October 3
    No, you misunderstood. He’s saying Dice is giving everyone a hok, or health card, but Phasma has such a crappy ability tied to health regen they might as well not even give her one. You misunderstood his point completely.

    No, that's incorrect. He's asking for better health regen with the staff strike. I stated she already has a health buff. He also stated that every Hero has a hot or some other health card. That is not the case. NOT every hero has a health regen or bonus health card. Please read carefully next time. Besides, half the star cards for heroes and troopers are crumby anyway.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    Phasma is a decent hero, I agree. But why even give her a health card for her staff if it just can't kill enemies?

    I can see why you might want to use the staff because it could be fun. However, she makes primary use of her blaster. The health buff is to help you when you're taking a lot of heat from blaster fire or when your dodging lightsaber blows. She has a really good blaster. Perhaps the devs thought that coupled with the health buff and stun droid was sufficient so didn't find it necessary to beef up the staff. Besides, they already gave it an upgrade for what it's worth.

    What game are you playing? Because her staff is anything but upgraded. They some how managed to make a downgrade even more of a downgrade. When she was first released it was actually easier to land all 3 strikes than in its current state so yes tying her hok card to staff strikes is the dumbest idea ever.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    She's a blaster hero, not a Jedi. She has no special powers other than her weapon. I don't even bother using the staff. Just stun with the droid and proceed to melt the target with her blaster. Keep rolling to avoid being hit and use her self buff.

    Phasma is a decent hero, I agree. But why even give her a health card for her staff if it just can't kill enemies?

    Its just for show lol. It's not like she needs health on kill card. They put it there so that they can say they added hok for every hero and villain in the game. Because we all know what happens in GA if you want to use staffstrikes, you would lose more HP than regain it with that ability.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • OOM19
    2657 posts Member
    The biggest problem with the staff strikes is it's ludicrously long animation. Unlike the Saber strikes which are instant Phasma goes through a near eternity of fancy BALLERINA animations until she can actually hit someone

    And unlike Saber Strikes there is practically no lock on so a enemy can easily walk away

    It's weaker then the Flametroopers at launch or in Beta
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • The key to getting the staff strike kill is to shoot them down to very little health and finish them off with the staff. It's really not that hard. Even easier if you stay near your droid. Start practicing it now so you aren't crazy frustrated when the health patch drops.
  • OOM19
    2657 posts Member
    The key to getting the staff strike kill is to shoot them down to very little health and finish them off with the staff. It's really not that hard. Even easier if you stay near your droid. Start practicing it now so you aren't crazy frustrated when the health patch drops.

    And what if they have a Shield?

    3llvwmeac4xx.png
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Andrien wrote: »
    She's a blaster hero, not a Jedi. She has no special powers other than her weapon. I don't even bother using the staff. Just stun with the droid and proceed to melt the target with her blaster. Keep rolling to avoid being hit and use her self buff.

    Phasma is a decent hero, I agree. But why even give her a health card for her staff if it just can't kill enemies?

    Its just for show lol. It's not like she needs health on kill card. They put it there so that they can say they added hok for every hero and villain in the game. Because we all know what happens in GA if you want to use staffstrikes, you would lose more HP than regain it with that ability.

    Literally this. With this last update they just proved that they don't give a **** about Phasma. This hero has been trash since release and absolutely nothing good has been done to change that. Just imagine if it was a fan favourite like Luke.....
  • Andrien wrote: »
    No, you misunderstood. He’s saying Dice is giving everyone a hok, or health card, but Phasma has such a crappy ability tied to health regen they might as well not even give her one. You misunderstood his point completely.

    No, that's incorrect. He's asking for better health regen with the staff strike. I stated she already has a health buff. He also stated that every Hero has a hot or some other health card. That is not the case. NOT every hero has a health regen or bonus health card. Please read carefully next time. Besides, half the star cards for heroes and troopers are crumby anyway.

    No, @GenxDarchi is right. DICE is going to give every hero a health card, @F8RGE reveled in a transmission. They are tying Phasma's to her staff, which, as I have said, is a mistake because it's impossible to get kills with.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Andrien
    134 posts Member
    edited October 3
    What game are you playing? Because her staff is anything but upgraded. They some how managed to make a downgrade even more of a downgrade. When she was first released it was actually easier to land all 3 strikes than in its current state so yes tying her hok card to staff strikes is the dumbest idea ever

    I am playing SWBF 2. What game are you playing? They released a patch to make her staff strike ability better a while back. However, that's besides the point. My point is, why are you guys crying about the bloody staff anyway? I said it before and I'll say it again. She's a blaster hero and if you're making appropriate use of your blaster and the stun droid you don't even need to use the staff. I might use it 5% of the time if I am feeling lucky. DICE already explained that they replaced the "Only Pawns" star card with the HOT because the recharge rates on it were already trash. What else could they replace? It's quite limited. If you ask me, the whole entire star card system needs to be revamped.
  • No, @GenxDarchi is right. DICE is going to give every hero a health card, @F8RGE reveled in a transmission. They are tying Phasma's to her staff, which, as I have said, is a mistake because it's impossible to get kills with.

    LOL, are you seriously worried about it that much? I read the Community Transmission. Heroes like Han, Lando and Boba Fett will only get 20 health on kill. That's four times worse than Rey's 60 health on kill. Moreover, Phasma still has an unbelievably great blaster and a health buff, so do not worry Green. It's not going to make a huge difference in HvV.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    What game are you playing? Because her staff is anything but upgraded. They some how managed to make a downgrade even more of a downgrade. When she was first released it was actually easier to land all 3 strikes than in its current state so yes tying her hok card to staff strikes is the dumbest idea ever

    I am playing SWBF 2. What game are you playing? They released a patch to make her staff strike ability better a while back. However, that's besides the point. My point is, why are you guys crying about the bloody staff anyway? I said it before and I'll say it again. She's a blaster hero and if you're making appropriate use of your blaster and the stun droid you don't even need to use the staff. I might use it 5% of the time if I am feeling lucky.

    Problem is her blaster play sucks too. Trading fire with troopers she's going to take more damage than she outputs, and after a half dozen or so kills she's on the min health threshold, and becomes weaker than a Heavy (nevermind a Wookiee)

    Her one meta is sitting on her droid and shooting turnips who are dumb enough to step in the clearly delineated zap zone.

    Staff is the most meme ability in the game, useless in both GA and HvV. If they aren't going to make it better, it should be replaced.
  • Andrien
    134 posts Member
    edited October 3
    Her one meta is sitting on her droid and shooting turnips who are dumb enough to step in the clearly delineated zap zone.

    And that is the whole thing about her. You'd be surprised how many players still become overconfident and walk right into my trap. That's how I defeated a Luke player in Hero Showdown the other day. I set the bait and wait for the trap to be sprung.

    She has a good blaster. It's got dual zoom and you can lay down a lot of suppressive fire for your teammates. I like to hang back from her and pick people off from afar. I've got my droid buddy to tag players who dare enough to get close.

    I have no problem with them replacing her staff ability. Like I said, she used it for a whopping 15 seconds in The Last Jedi.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    LOL, are you seriously worried about it that much? I read the Community Transmission. Heroes like Han, Lando and Boba Fett will only get 20 health on kill. That's four times worse than Rey's 60 health on kill. Moreover, Phasma still has an unbelievably great blaster and a health buff, so do not worry Green. It's not going to make a huge difference in HvV.

    Rey has 20 health on kill and 60 on a hero. Most get 20 on all 100 on hero. But will Han/Boba/Lando suddenly become OP? No, not at all. Will they suddenly be very viable and far more common in GA? O yes.

    Phasma is one of the weaker characters in the game right now. She has low damage output for a hero, zero mobility, and a droid with an extremely long cooldown and fairly low value in anything that isn't extreme defense. The only saving grace she has right now is how powerful her health ability is if you use both of the star cards to buff it. So people are obviously annoyed that she's pretty much going to be the only character in the game without a proper heal now. With pretty much no reason to pick her outside of le trolls.

    Notice how I didn't mention the staff as part of anything she does? Yea, that's how pointless it is atm.
    Twitch = Lavarious3038
    My Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/c/Lavarious
  • Maybe change the functionality of the staff ability?

    Instead of performing a trio of strikes, the button could allow her to switch to the staff and use it like a "Diet Darth Maul"? Pressing the button again would switch back to the blaster.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • Andrien
    134 posts Member
    edited October 4
    Phasma is one of the weaker characters in the game right now. She has low damage output for a hero, zero mobility, and a droid with an extremely long cooldown and fairly low value in anything that isn't extreme defense.

    She's a go to character right now when everyone else has already picked a better hero. But for what she is, she does pretty well and I have had decent success with her in HvV and GA. I seriously think you guys are crying about her way too much. I'd rate her above Lando for the health buff alone. In fact, Yoda and Phasma probably have the most survivability out of any hero next to Darth Vader with the health buffs. There were many times when I should have been dead on Yoda and Phasma but survived because of the health buff. That ability alone is a godsend. I laugh when a saber hero is miserably trying to melee me. I just roll, avoid the blow and use the self buff to heal. Meanwhile my droid buddy is stunning them over and over.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    No, @GenxDarchi is right. DICE is going to give every hero a health card, @F8RGE reveled in a transmission. They are tying Phasma's to her staff, which, as I have said, is a mistake because it's impossible to get kills with.

    LOL, are you seriously worried about it that much? I read the Community Transmission. Heroes like Han, Lando and Boba Fett will only get 20 health on kill. That's four times worse than Rey's 60 health on kill. Moreover, Phasma still has an unbelievably great blaster and a health buff, so do not worry Green. It's not going to make a huge difference in HvV.

    First of all, Rey’s card is worse than those cards. Han, Lando, and Boba will be getting 20 health on trooper and 100 on Hero, and Rey is stuck with 20 on trooper and 60 on hero. You mixed up Infantry and Hero kills.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Andrien wrote: »
    What game are you playing? Because her staff is anything but upgraded. They some how managed to make a downgrade even more of a downgrade. When she was first released it was actually easier to land all 3 strikes than in its current state so yes tying her hok card to staff strikes is the dumbest idea ever

    I am playing SWBF 2. What game are you playing? They released a patch to make her staff strike ability better a while back. However, that's besides the point. My point is, why are you guys crying about the bloody staff anyway? I said it before and I'll say it again. She's a blaster hero and if you're making appropriate use of your blaster and the stun droid you don't even need to use the staff. I might use it 5% of the time if I am feeling lucky. DICE already explained that they replaced the "Only Pawns" star card with the HOT because the recharge rates on it were already trash. What else could they replace? It's quite limited. If you ask me, the whole entire star card system needs to be revamped.

    Again, the patch made her staff strikes worse, simply because you cannot stun enemies with it, and you are still stuck in a animation, overall the only buff they gave it was a slight increase to speed. Our point is that every other Blaster hero got some way to regenerate their health consistently. Phasma has a way to regenerate her health with a 80% chance to miss a competent player.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Andrien wrote: »
    No, you misunderstood. He’s saying Dice is giving everyone a hok, or health card, but Phasma has such a crappy ability tied to health regen they might as well not even give her one. You misunderstood his point completely.

    No, that's incorrect. He's asking for better health regen with the staff strike. I stated she already has a health buff. He also stated that every Hero has a hot or some other health card. That is not the case. NOT every hero has a health regen or bonus health card. Please read carefully next time. Besides, half the star cards for heroes and troopers are crumby anyway.

    No, again, he is asking for staff strikes to become useful so it’s not a death wish to use, so her health card is actually worth equipping. When he says health card, he means the new cards coming for every hero, providing them hok. You literally misread what he was saying. Please read carefully next time.

    Ok, so why make another card “crumby”?
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Andrien
    134 posts Member
    edited October 4
    No, again, he is asking for staff strikes to become useful so it’s not a death wish to use, so her health card is actually worth equipping. When he says health card, he means the new cards coming for every hero, providing them hok. You literally misread what he was saying. Please read carefully next time.

    I read everything he said, but it's obvious that you do not read and therefore present your ignorance to the public. You failed to read about 18 paragraphs since your last post with information regarding the ongoing debate.

    There's also no reason to beat a dead horse by repeating what's already been discussed. More importantly, repeating what I said to you is a low IQ response, and proves that you lack any real creativity or intellectual thought. How old are you son? Go back, read (and I really mean read and understand). You took reading comprehension in elementary school right? Then come back and then post when you have something meaningful to contribute to the conversation other than repeating what's already been spoken about. Otherwise you risk labeling yourself as a troll.

    Finally, I've said all I have to say about Phasma. She's good where's she's at now, and concerning upcoming health card, it isn't going to make a huge difference one way or another.There are bigger issues with the game right now that need to be fixed.
  • I don't want staff strikes to be completely reworked, but I do want them to change so the opponent stays in place until hit #3, and I don't like that she could be repositioned after one strike, meaning you might be turned away or to the side of the opponent, making it harder to land strike 3.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Phasma is a spider/camper.

    Drop the droid around a corner in a choke point so it can’t get shot. Boom, web. Then shoot them until nearly dead then staff strike to cool down the blaster.

    Hope more pile into the choke point. Back to the high ground and then just zoom in and fire away as they fight the droid zap. If one gets close to you or flanks, staff.

    That’s how I play her. That’s how I see others play her. Can’t really do much else.
    Find me in Blast, Strike, or sometimes GA, usually playing Officer/Specialist/Aerial... u/n cosworth99. #oldguy
    Add me (xbox Oregon server) if you like
  • Andrien wrote: »
    What game are you playing? Because her staff is anything but upgraded. They some how managed to make a downgrade even more of a downgrade. When she was first released it was actually easier to land all 3 strikes than in its current state so yes tying her hok card to staff strikes is the dumbest idea ever

    I am playing SWBF 2. What game are you playing? They released a patch to make her staff strike ability better a while back. However, that's besides the point. My point is, why are you guys crying about the bloody staff anyway? I said it before and I'll say it again. She's a blaster hero and if you're making appropriate use of your blaster and the stun droid you don't even need to use the staff. I might use it 5% of the time if I am feeling lucky. DICE already explained that they replaced the "Only Pawns" star card with the HOT because the recharge rates on it were already trash. What else could they replace? It's quite limited. If you ask me, the whole entire star card system needs to be revamped.
    Andrien wrote: »
    What game are you playing? Because her staff is anything but upgraded. They some how managed to make a downgrade even more of a downgrade. When she was first released it was actually easier to land all 3 strikes than in its current state so yes tying her hok card to staff strikes is the dumbest idea ever

    I am playing SWBF 2. What game are you playing? They released a patch to make her staff strike ability better a while back. However, that's besides the point. My point is, why are you guys crying about the bloody staff anyway? I said it before and I'll say it again. She's a blaster hero and if you're making appropriate use of your blaster and the stun droid you don't even need to use the staff. I might use it 5% of the time if I am feeling lucky. DICE already explained that they replaced the "Only Pawns" star card with the HOT because the recharge rates on it were already trash. What else could they replace? It's quite limited. If you ask me, the whole entire star card system needs to be revamped.

    You lost your argument when you said she got a staff update to make it better. Shockingly when her slow but stunning strikes were around I could take out enemy heroes easily and actually add counters to the challenge. Now regardless if you can land one hit, the enemy can simply dodge everything else. At this point youre simply ignoring facts.

    And before you even begin with the skill argument, no I mained Phasma at launch before she got this non existent staff buff youre speaking of. Blaster main or not, youre literally saying almost the equivalent of Bobas hok to be tied to his concussion rocket. Besides camping an area, she has been the most useless villain to date since she's abysmal without the droid. Tricking a foolish/bad Luke in Hero Showdown doesn't mean anything.
  • Andrien
    134 posts Member
    edited October 4
    You lost your argument when you said she got a staff update to make it better.

    On the contrary, your basing your argument from an objective point of view because you feel it was better before the facts. Find some facts that demonstrate she performed better before the update and present them here. You're also exaggerating because I've never advocated for her bloody staff strike ability. In fact, I've agreed that they should replace it with something else because it's totally useless. Right now, you're embarking on a completely opinionated and biased argument.
    Blaster main or not, youre literally saying almost the equivalent of Bobas hok to be tied to his concussion rocket.


    This is another straw man tactic being used to present an argument that I never presented. It's easier for you to try and defeat an argument by putting words in my mouth I never said, or making an analogy that makes little sense whatsoever.

    Stick to the facts because when you don't stick to the facts it's just as easy to refute your argument. Frankly, I also find it pathetic that you're still whining about Captain Phasma's staff strike like a big baby. I hope to God that they just remove it and that will be the end of your inconsolable banter.

    Cheers.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    No, again, he is asking for staff strikes to become useful so it’s not a death wish to use, so her health card is actually worth equipping. When he says health card, he means the new cards coming for every hero, providing them hok. You literally misread what he was saying. Please read carefully next time.

    I read everything he said, but it's obvious that you do not read and therefore present your ignorance to the public. You failed to read about 18 paragraphs since your last post with information regarding the ongoing debate.

    There's also no reason to beat a dead horse by repeating what's already been discussed. More importantly, repeating what I said to you is a low IQ response, and proves that you lack any real creativity or intellectual thought. How old are you son? Go back, read (and I really mean read and understand). You took reading comprehension in elementary school right? Then come back and then post when you have something meaningful to contribute to the conversation other than repeating what's already been spoken about. Otherwise you risk labeling yourself as a troll.

    Finally, I've said all I have to say about Phasma. She's good where's she's at now, and concerning upcoming health card, it isn't going to make a huge difference one way or another.There are bigger issues with the game right now that need to be fixed.


    I am confirming right now that your interpretation is incorrect, and that @GenxDarchi is right. I am the one who said this, so I am ending this misunderstanding right now.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • GenxDarchi
    5759 posts Member
    edited October 5
    Andrien wrote: »
    No, again, he is asking for staff strikes to become useful so it’s not a death wish to use, so her health card is actually worth equipping. When he says health card, he means the new cards coming for every hero, providing them hok. You literally misread what he was saying. Please read carefully next time.

    I read everything he said, but it's obvious that you do not read and therefore present your ignorance to the public. You failed to read about 18 paragraphs since your last post with information regarding the ongoing debate.

    There's also no reason to beat a dead horse by repeating what's already been discussed. More importantly, repeating what I said to you is a low IQ response, and proves that you lack any real creativity or intellectual thought. How old are you son? Go back, read (and I really mean read and understand). You took reading comprehension in elementary school right? Then come back and then post when you have something meaningful to contribute to the conversation other than repeating what's already been spoken about. Otherwise you risk labeling yourself as a troll.

    Finally, I've said all I have to say about Phasma. She's good where's she's at now, and concerning upcoming health card, it isn't going to make a huge difference one way or another.There are bigger issues with the game right now that need to be fixed.

    Even the OP is saying you’re interpreting him wrong, can ya read his words? Read my last response again, CAREFULLY, then read OP’s last post, and maybe you’ll understand rather than being wrong and being so hostile about it.
    Post edited by GenxDarchi on
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • hatreds_wrath
    176 posts Member
    edited October 5
    Andrien wrote: »
    You lost your argument when you said she got a staff update to make it better.

    On the contrary, your basing your argument from an objective point of view because you feel it was better before the facts. Find some facts that demonstrate she performed better before the update and present them here. You're also exaggerating because I've never advocated for her bloody staff strike ability. In fact, I've agreed that they should replace it with something else because it's totally useless. Right now, you're embarking on a completely opinionated and biased argument.
    Blaster main or not, youre literally saying almost the equivalent of Bobas hok to be tied to his concussion rocket.


    This is another straw man tactic being used to present an argument that I never presented. It's easier for you to try and defeat an argument by putting words in my mouth I never said, or making an analogy that makes little sense whatsoever.

    Stick to the facts because when you don't stick to the facts it's just as easy to refute your argument. Frankly, I also find it pathetic that you're still whining about Captain Phasma's staff strike like a big baby. I hope to God that they just remove it and that will be the end of your inconsolable banter.

    Cheers.

    Lol At this point its a general consensus that her staff is useless after the update. Want proof? Try and unlock that challenge of eliminating x amount of enemies with her final strike. Like I said, youre purely in denial. Its no surprise absolutely no one is even agreeing with you. And resorting to insults well thats pretty self explanatory. Ill let you feel like a big person if you wish. Nearly everyone has given you legitimate reasons on why it should not be tied to strikes but your retort is "you're whining" or "you cant read".

    Realistically speaking her hok should have been tied to droid kills since it leaves a level playing field for all. Staff strikes leaves her wide open that its not even worth trying to do it and tying it to her blaster would make her nearly unkillable.
  • EA_Cian
    1078 posts EA Moderator
    Let's get back on track and dial down some of the rhetoric about logical fallacies such as strawman arguments, questioning people's reading ability and IQ, etc.

    If this continues, I'll have to lock the thread.
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Let's get back on track and dial down some of the rhetoric about logical fallacies such as strawman arguments, questioning people's reading ability and IQ, etc.

    If this continues, I'll have to lock the thread.

    Sorry, i'll try to stay on topic.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Anyone have any ideas on how to buff Phasma's staff?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Anyone have any ideas on how to buff Phasma's staff?

    Make it a special melee, or have her take it out for some amount of secondary weapon
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas on how to buff Phasma's staff?

    Make it a special melee, or have her take it out for some amount of secondary weapon

    I agree with that, but it would have to be an easy third ability to make or DICE wouldn't replace it.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Admiral_Xen
    1840 posts Member
    edited October 5
    Anyone have any ideas on how to buff Phasma's staff?

    Ideally I'd speed it up drastically but it'd be totally out of sync with the goofy ballerina animations.

    Failing that, I'd give it 150 damage per hit and make its reach similar to Maul's saber given they're similar size weapons.

    Also bring back the stagger it had before. If you're dumb enough to get yourself in a position to be smacked around by a 2m tall space Brienne of Tarth, you should be punished severely unless your team intervenes to stop it in the several seconds it takes.

    Its not like it'd be overpowered in a game where Vader can do the same damage from much longer range, to multiple targets, in much less time simply by pressing two buttons.
  • Anyone have any ideas on how to buff Phasma's staff?

    Ideally I'd speed it up drastically but it'd be totally out of sync with the goofy ballerina animations.

    Failing that, I'd give it 150 damage per hit and make its reach similar to Maul's saber given they're similar size weapons.

    Also bring back the stagger it had before. If you're dumb enough to get yourself in a position to be smacked around by a 2m tall space Brienne of Tarth, you should be punished severely unless your team intervenes to stop it in the several seconds it takes.

    Its not like it'd be overpowered in a game where Vader can do the same damage from much longer range and in much less time simply by pressing two buttons.

    Yeah, I also think Phasma should be given damage reduction while using the ability (or just flat out immunity to blasters) because now nearby troops can just take shots at her and kill her.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Anyone have any ideas on how to buff Phasma's staff?

    Ideally I'd speed it up drastically but it'd be totally out of sync with the goofy ballerina animations.

    Failing that, I'd give it 150 damage per hit and make its reach similar to Maul's saber given they're similar size weapons.

    Also bring back the stagger it had before. If you're dumb enough to get yourself in a position to be smacked around by a 2m tall space Brienne of Tarth, you should be punished severely unless your team intervenes to stop it in the several seconds it takes.

    Its not like it'd be overpowered in a game where Vader can do the same damage from much longer range and in much less time simply by pressing two buttons.

    Yeah, I also think Phasma should be given damage reduction while using the ability (or just flat out immunity to blasters) because now nearby troops can just take shots at her and kill her.

    that's not a bad idea either. Is lore consistent with that shot pinging off her armor in the movie for those sorts.

    as an aside I did some testing in splitscreen and found the staff has some strange qualities and is probably bugged.

    The first swing always does the same damage (120), but the damage of the 2nd and 3rd are dependent upon the first (they get more powerful if you miss the initial ones) and the 3rd swing is wildly inconsistent with how much damage it does.

    The 3rd swing damage boost from the Finish Them Off card is not flat, and seems to scale with the other two hits. It applies the stated amount of extra damage only if the first two swings did not land. If they do, I was only getting a damage bonus of 25 (50% of the stated amount)

    Another weird thing is that I tried 2 maps (Jakku and Bespin). On Jakku, my target (a 350 HP Wookiee Warrior) could survive at 23 HP if the "Finish Them Off" card was not equipped, but on Bespin I was killing him with no card equipped.

    Recorded but haven't edited. May test more.


  • I personally always thought her Staff should put her in a different mode so to speak, making her move and hit like a Saber Hero, with less damage and a short time limit on it, to not make the combination with her droid to powerful, it then could also break the stun on hit.
    Would make her a bit more unique as she would be the only Hero who could go from Blaster to Saber Hero, even if just for a short time after the ability is active.
Sign In or Register to comment.