criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Great Job with Healing Cards DICE, but please STOP with the MISINFORMATION!

RogueZeroRendar
602 posts Member
edited October 2018
I'll be clear with what is correct and what's incorrect about all modified heroes in the Hero Health Star Cards Community Transmission. Many times in the text I'll sound infuriated, which is correct. This is how I feel when these CTs bring lots of MISINFORMATION, and seem to be trying to brush issues under the rug, or outright lying to their customers.
Boba Fett
F8RGE wrote: »
We’re excited to see what Boba Fett can do in the hands of a skilled player once these changes are live. We will be modifying his “For the Hunt” ability to reveal enemy players to both Boba Fett and his teammates by default, without the need for a Star Card. This change would make the Information Sharing Star Card redundant and a good candidate to be changed into a health card.

Despite being a useful card (Acute Concussion would be a far better candidate), the new passive ability of revealing enemies to friendlies not only is a great change to Boba, but it also allows this Star Card to be completely removed. I have nothing to complain here, I completely agree with these changes to Boba.
Han Solo
F8RGE wrote: »
We know from our in-game telemetry that Han Solo’s “Head Games” Star Card is very rarely used by players. We believe this is because it has a difficult trigger and not much benefit. We know from community feedback that this Star Card is a good candidate to be reworked into a health card.

So then your in-game telemetry is faulty. This card is useful in HvV, to an extent that puts it as a more likely candidate then: Keep Your Head Cool (headshot kills disables overheating for 2.5 seconds), Big Bang (increases detonite radius if sit for 5 seconds), All In (reduces cooldown time of Shoulder Charge if the last use of the skill killed at least one enemy), Sharpshooting Frenzy (defeating an enemy increases Sharpshooter active time), and maybe even Broad Shoulders (gains 40% damage reduction while Shoulder Charging).

The reasoning behind this follows: Head Games removes a third of the total cooldown time from Detonite Charge whenever you score 3 headshots in a row, so long you don't hit any other body parts (missing shots do not disrupt the counter). It's also effective if the 3 headshots were done while using the Sharpshooter ability, which drastically increases the likelyhood of successfully achieving 3 headshots in a row (while doing less damage, so the enemy will endure more the power of Han's shots, allowing for even more chances to successfully hitting 3 headshots in a row).

It may still seem hard to achieve that, but we're talking HvV here (the most teamplay oriented mode in SWBFII2017), Light Side has Lando and Chewie with their stuns, pairing this with Han using Head Games is a great way of successfully triggering the effect of this card: Lando Stuns full health Vader just after Vader activated Focused Rage for 200 extra HP, and with a Star Card that reduces damage by 25%. Han has enough time, and vader has enough endurance for 6 or maybe even 9 sharpshooter headshots in a row, completely recharging the Detonite Charge.

F8RGE also says this card has not much benefit. Well, that's right and wrong at the same time. Right because it should affect all abilities, but only affects the Detonite Charge, so this card is BUGGED. Wrong because despite only affecting the Detonite Charge, Detonite Charge is Han's strongest ability, and having it recharge fast really turns Han Solo into a killing machine. Detonite Charge is both his most damage dealing maneuver (last time I could check, which was in April with the Splitscreen mod as I play on PC which has no default splitscreen mode, Detonite Charge maximum damage was 200, with its Star Card it goes up to 240) and has a knockback effect which is crucial for Han's survivability.

So IMO, despite all that, it's a good candidate for being substituted, but the reasons given above are misleading. And it's funny that he says this comes from community feedback. And I ask him and anyone here: Where is this community feedback on Han's Head Games card?
Lando Calrissian
F8RGE wrote: »
We feel that “Overheat” is not as important for Heroes as it is for Troopers because all Hero weapons cooldown very quickly. As a result of this, the benefit of Lando’s “In the Zone” Star Card is negligible, making it a great candidate to become a health card.

This is seriously wrong in SO MANY LEVELS. That Card has NOTHING TO DO with weapon cooldown recharge, it actually increases the time you can shoot without overheating your weapon if you successfully hit the yellow marker on the reload minigame bar. I just tested Lando, and with this Card he can shoot at most 40 times before his weapon overheats again, instead of 25 without it. 15 extra shots each dealing between 25 and 40 damage, for 375 to 600 extra damage if all shots hit. Considering it's easier to hit when the enemy is closer, that his weapon deals more damage to closer targets, and that he can stun enemies, this is a lot of extra damage. And I'm not even factoring HeadShots, which multiply the result by 1.9 (Max 1140 extra damage if all headshots because of that card). This card is very useful, and the only reason people usually avoid it is because he has 3 cards which make more sense to use: Hot And Cold for extra 150 HP, because Lando is weak (650 Max HP, 150 Max Regen, No Healing Card), Quick Shock for extra disabler paralysis time (so lando has more time to finish or cripple the enemies he stuns), and Wide Eyed so his most powerful ability, Sharp Shot, can target enemies further away. However, for close range maps (like Jabba's Palace), Wide Eyed can be swapped for In The Zone.

I gave a good reason this card isn't unimportant. Now let me ask you DICE and F8RGE: WHY NOT TAKE ONE OF THE SMOKE GRENADE CARDS INSTEAD??? His Smoke Grenade is almost useless, and the cards which enhance it are COMPLETELY USELESS, and he has TWO of them!

I completely disagree with this arrangement for Lando. In The Zone is awesome, and he has 2 other useless cards that no one ever use. It makes no sense!
Kylo Ren
F8RGE wrote: »
We’ve identified Kylo Ren’s “Bloodletting Frenzy” Star Card to be the one that will be reworked into a health on defeat card. We know that health does decrease quickly, and this has an effect on Hero based game modes and Galactic Assault.

In hero-based game modes, players rarely survive long once they reach below 25%, while in Galactic Assault players would find themselves retreating.

This is the WORST. Why bother explaining the effect of a card that HAS NEVER WORKED SINCE LAUNCH? Why not being HONEST with the players and admitting this card is broken? It never gave the bonus it was supposed to give when the conditions were met! @EventHorizionOH opened a bug report about this in JANUARY to which DICE ignored until now. Here it is: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Kylo-Ren-Bloodletting-frenzy-star-card-not-working/m-p/6591605#M5558

Not only that, but the CT's explanation lacks the most fundamental flaw of this Star Card: You can never stay under 25% health with Kylo for long, because his Passive Regeneration is actually 33% of his total Health. The only way to not activate the passive regen is to keep taking damage, which won't last long when you're under 25% of your health, because soon you'll die to it.

At least it's this card which is getting removed, but actually due to being bugged, which the CT failed to acknowledge (to me they're hiding this info on purpose).
Darth Maul
F8RGE wrote: »
Darth Maul does not have stamina and because of this, the “Frantic Strikes” Star Card has very little use. We know this is a card that does get brought up quite often by the community, so we feel it’s the perfect candidate to be changed into a health on defeat card.

VERY LITTLE USE? This is outright LYING. It has NO USE AT ALL. Anyone with the ability to read and understand english, and understand simple logic, can reach the conclusion that an effect that reduces Stamina Cost from a source that never costs any Stamina won't have any effect at all.

Once again we will at least get rid of a useless card, which is a good thing after all.
Chewbacca
F8RGE wrote: »
Chewbacca’s melee attacks are already very powerful so, Chewbacca’s “Wookiee Berserker” card is rarely used because of this, even more so due to the fact he can slam the ground.

Chewbacca’s high health is why we decided to connect his health regeneration with defeating an enemy by using a specific ability.

Chewbacca's melee attack is already very powerful, that's true, last time I could check it was dealing 90 damage, same as Palpatine, lower only to Boba's Flamethrowers (100 damage). But saying this is the reason people avoid making his melee even stronger is nonsense from a gaming perspective. Strengthening your best traits/abilities is a simple and effective strategy in any game if you still couldn't find more complex combinations to achieve a better result. Increasing Chewbacca's Melee damage to 125, which is stronger then all melees, plus all normal saber attacks (100 damage from Luke, Kylo and Maul, 110 damage from Rey, 115 damage from Yoda, and 120 damage from Vader) is very effective. However a full 5 bolts Furious Bowcaster hit (which is easier the closer the enemy is) is far more effective (it deals something between 219 to 344 damage if all 5 bolts land), and chewie has many useful cards, so these are the true reasons people don't usually make use of this card.

But saying that another reason for people not using it is because Chewbacca can slam the ground MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL. Why an ability of running and doing 150 damage in a circle AoE, which has a cooldown and no closing strike property, would be a reason for not using the increased melee damage card? You can melee several times in a row without cooldown, it doesn't make you run, it has no AoE and it has the closing strike property. There isn't a single similarity between his Slam and his Melee, with the sole exception that in both animations he uses his Hands to deliver the blow.

And now what makes even LESS SENSE: Chewbacca's High Health is the reason he got a Health with ability Card, instead of a HoK card. HIGH HEALTH??? 650 HP?????? Chewbacca has the same Health as Han Solo, Lando, Iden Versio, and Leia, all which either already have or will have much better Healing Cards then him. And despite Chewie having a card which increases his total health, Lando also has one and he got the HoK card instead. What's the REASONING behind this? It make NO SENSE.
Yoda
F8RGE wrote: »
“Master of the Force” is a Star Card that is very rarely used since Yoda loses the unleash power build up very quickly. This card also has a very high difficulty curve, making it one of the least used cards available to Yoda.

Since Yoda has a health boost ability, we have made the decision to connect his health regeneration with the ability “Unleash.”

Sorry for language here, but this is complete ****. Yoda loses the build up fast, but he also builds it up pretty fast. I almost ALWAYS use it while it's full, it usually takes around 1 SECOND to build it up, so it's really EASY to use it while it's maxed. Not only that, but Force Powers' build up values on Yoda's Unleash are almost permanent, or really permanent until you use unleash (I never lost the build up value from force powers before using unleash). There's no difficulty curve here at all, 1 Heavy firing on yoda is enough to build unleash up in less then 2 seconds, you just have to use unleash fast so they don't start throwing grenades. And it's usually faster to build Unleash up to max, and use the skill, then it is for the enemy to decide to throw a grenade on yoda because he's blocking.

Once again the CT is hiding the TRUTH. Master of the Force is BROKEN, the card is BUGGED! It doesn't give the Bonus at all! Why not ackowledge that DICE? Why not sharing the real conclusion that people avoid using it because it doesn't give any Bonus despite stating it does!

If you could fix the card, either 'Enduring Presence' or 'Earned It I Have' are better candidates to be swapped. Enduring Presence makes his Healing Ability (Presence) last longer, which is actually worse then not using it. As the ability doesn't regen health in any way, and also has no enduring effect while it's active, it just gives you a fixed value as soon as you use it, having it active for longer is just a mean to allow you to lose more health to enemies before you can use the ability again, as cooldown only starts after the ability's duration is finished. Earned It I Have increases the speed Unleash builds up, which is already REALLY FAST, so there's no need to increase it even further. It usually takes at most 2 seconds to build up, but normally it's less then a second. Gaining 30% of increased build up rate from a one second long duration on average to build up to max is truly negligible.
Finn
F8RGE wrote: »
When looking at the Star Cards for Finn, we identified the “All Together” card as one that is considered weaker than his others, and is rarely used by the community. Finn’s health boost ability is the reason why he receives a Defeat with Ability Star Card.

There's not much to talk here, finally a description that is OK. However, IMO 'I Can Do This' is a better candidate. Finn is a team player Hero, and Undercover Team is almost only useful in GA. Increasing it's range by affecting 2 allies seems a better effect, for it'll reveal enemies that are further away, then the effect of letting them remain visible for longer after the ability enters cooldown (I Can Do This card's effect).

And there's also the most situational of Finn's cards which is No More Running (increases Deadeye's damage after killing 3 enemies with Deadeye). However, it's a great combo to Stay Calm, which extends Deadeye's duration for each enemy killed during Deadeye's effect, so only for this I think it should remain.
Captain Phasma
F8RGE wrote: »
We have identified Captain Phasma’s Star Card, “Only Pawns,” as the optimal candidate to be replaced. We have found that recharge rates are often difficult to convey towards players and, it makes for the perfect choice.

The new Star Card will continue with the “Staff Strikes” themes, making it much more beneficial within Galactic Assault.

As with the other heroes in this category, Captain Phasma’s health boost ability is why she receives health regeneration connect to an ability.

Phasma is a joke. Not useless, far from that, Phasma is a great Villain, especially for HvV. But Staff Strikes is a ridiculously underpowered ability, and ALL cards related to it are useless because of that. What's funny here is that F8RGE says recharge rates are difficult to convey towards players, and that's the reason for 'Only Pawns' to be replaced, a card which reduces Staff Strikes cooldown time if Phasma kills an enemy with it. But doesn't the SAME REASONING applies to a much worse card called 'All For Myself', which requires 5 Staff Strike kills to perma increase the recharge time of all her abilities?

Now imagine if we could have a Phasma that regains health on staff kills, with a card that decreases a lot of her staff recharge time, and with another card that perma decreases her staff recharge time, doesn't it sound awesome? If they remove Only Pawns, this combo will never exist.

However, and here comes the interesting part, I have just tested all these in the game, and GUESS WHAT? Only Pawns is BROKEN! ONLY PAWNS IS BUGGED!. It does decrease the cooldown a lot, a lot more then it states (it usually takes 3 seconds to recharge one Staff Strike, but with Only Pawns effect active, it takes 9/10 of a second to recharge, which is incredible), but after you activate Only Pawns effect and it fades off, 1 Staff Strike starts taking 4 seconds to recharge instead of 3, which isn't intended at all (despite not having such a negative impact, as the fast recharge will kick in again if you kill anyone with any of your staff strikes, that can be performed at most 3 times in a row anyway).

I also tested All For Myself, and its effect applies correctly to her abilities, with the exception of the recharge time of Staff Strikes, which seems to decrease more then it should (It's giving 40% reduction instead of 25%). Continuing my tests, I tried both effects applied, and they didn't stack, Only Pawns effect takes precedence over All For Myself, and its bug of increasing the recharge time of one Staff Strike to 4 instead of 3 also stays even if the perma gain from All For Myself was triggered before.

Once again they're removing a card which is BUGGED, without acknowledging that it's bugged. IMO, they should fix this card, and remove the one that increases the last Staff Strike damage, that one seems to me the most useless of them all, when we get a Healing Card for her.
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

  • Raices
    759 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Man the card swaps for Lando and Yoda is a terrible decision imo, they have far useless cards. Master of the force would be in my setup if it worked as intended.
    Post edited by Raices on
  • I appreciate the time you put into this, but why?
  • Defbored
    863 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    "So then your in-game telemetry is faulty"

    Lol! Are you serious?

    I was going to read your post but I stopped there.

    Because your experience and anecdotal evidence is more reliable than the devs lol.
  • Dude, you are very thorough. Many props. I agree with much of what you said
    PSN: computerson
  • Afrom3istwr
    863 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm honestly disappointed they took away head games. I actually used that card for GA. Was is difficult to pull off? Yes, but the payoff was more than worth it to get that recharge. Frankly, if they are taking the card away make that a passive trait for Han.

    Lando getting a straight HOK is gonna be OP out of the gate. He's already one of the strongest counters to villians on GA. Now he can regen butt loads of HP off of sharpshot. Not a good idea. His regen should come via the disabler.

    Maul getting an HoK is interesting. Not sure he needed it.

    Chewy geeting the regen on ground slam is about right.

    Overall, I'm happy they are introducing these cards, but they should probably hear feedback first before implementing them in a patch.
  • I am fine with it, those cards don't affect me.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Look at it this way, if they were all HoK cards to begin with, and they were going to replace the HoK cards with what they currently are, would anyone be happy? No. Not one of those cards would've been suggested by anyone to replace a HoK.

    Stop whining! /Arnold
  • I'll be clear with what is correct and what's incorrect about all modified heroes in the Hero Health Star Cards Community Transmission. Many times in the text I'll sound infuriated, which is correct. This is how I feel when these CTs bring lots of MISINFORMATION, and seem to be trying to brush issues under the rug, or outright lying to their customers.
    Boba Fett
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We’re excited to see what Boba Fett can do in the hands of a skilled player once these changes are live. We will be modifying his “For the Hunt” ability to reveal enemy players to both Boba Fett and his teammates by default, without the need for a Star Card. This change would make the Information Sharing Star Card redundant and a good candidate to be changed into a health card.

    Despite being a useful card (Acute Concussion would be a far better candidate), the new passive ability of revealing enemies to friendlies not only is a great change to Boba, but it also allows this Star Card to be completely removed. I have nothing to complain here, I completely agree with these changes to Boba.
    Han Solo
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We know from our in-game telemetry that Han Solo’s “Head Games” Star Card is very rarely used by players. We believe this is because it has a difficult trigger and not much benefit. We know from community feedback that this Star Card is a good candidate to be reworked into a health card.

    So then your in-game telemetry is faulty. This card is useful in HvV, to an extent that puts it as a more likely candidate then: Keep Your Head Cool (headshot kills disables overheating for 2.5 seconds), Big Bang (increases detonite radius if sit for 5 seconds), All In (reduces cooldown time of Shoulder Charge if the last use of the skill killed at least one enemy), Sharpshooting Frenzy (defeating an enemy increases Sharpshooter active time), and maybe even Broad Shoulders (gains 40% damage reduction while Shoulder Charging).

    The reasoning behind this follows: Head Games removes a third of the total cooldown time from Detonite Charge whenever you score 3 headshots in a row, so long you don't hit any other body parts (missing shots do not disrupt the counter). It's also effective if the 3 headshots were done while using the Sharpshooter ability, which drastically increases the likelyhood of successfully achieving 3 headshots in a row (while doing less damage, so the enemy will endure more the power of Han's shots, allowing for even more chances to successfully hitting 3 headshots in a row).

    It may still seem hard to achieve that, but we're talking HvV here (the most teamplay oriented mode in SWBFII2017), Light Side has Lando and Chewie with their stuns, pairing this with Han using Head Games is a great way of successfully triggering the effect of this card: Lando Stuns full health Vader just after Vader activated Focused Rage for 200 extra HP, and with a Star Card that reduces damage by 25%. Han has enough time, and vader has enough endurance for 6 or maybe even 9 sharpshooter headshots in a row, completely recharging the Detonite Charge.

    F8RGE also says this card has not much benefit. Well, that's right and wrong at the same time. Right because it should affect all abilities, but only affects the Detonite Charge, so this card is BUGGED. Wrong because despite only affecting the Detonite Charge, Detonite Charge is Han's strongest ability, and having it recharge fast really turns Han Solo into a killing machine. Detonite Charge is both his most damage dealing maneuver (last time I could check, which was in April with the Splitscreen mod as I play on PC which has no default splitscreen mode, Detonite Charge maximum damage was 200, with its Star Card it goes up to 240) and has a knockback effect which is crucial for Han's survivability.

    So IMO, despite all that, it's a good candidate for being substituted, but the reasons given above are misleading. And it's funny that he says this comes from community feedback. And I ask him and anyone here: Where is this community feedback on Han's Head Games card?
    Lando Calrissian
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We feel that “Overheat” is not as important for Heroes as it is for Troopers because all Hero weapons cooldown very quickly. As a result of this, the benefit of Lando’s “In the Zone” Star Card is negligible, making it a great candidate to become a health card.

    This is seriously wrong in SO MANY LEVELS. That Card has NOTHING TO DO with weapon cooldown recharge, it actually increases the time you can shoot without overheating your weapon if you successfully hit the yellow marker on the reload minigame bar. I just tested Lando, and with this Card he can shoot at most 40 times before his weapon overheats again, instead of 25 without it. 15 extra shots each dealing between 25 and 40 damage, for 375 to 600 extra damage if all shots hit. Considering it's easier to hit when the enemy is closer, that his weapon deals more damage to closer targets, and that he can stun enemies, this is a lot of extra damage. And I'm not even factoring HeadShots, which multiply the result by 1.9 (Max 1140 extra damage if all headshots because of that card). This card is very useful, and the only reason people usually avoid it is because he has 3 cards which make more sense to use: Hot And Cold for extra 150 HP, because Lando is weak (650 Max HP, 150 Max Regen, No Healing Card), Quick Shock for extra disabler paralysis time (so lando has more time to finish or cripple the enemies he stuns), and Wide Eyed so his most powerful ability, Sharp Shot, can target enemies further away. However, for close range maps (like Jabba's Palace), Wide Eyed can be swapped for In The Zone.

    I gave a good reason this card isn't unimportant. Now let me ask you DICE and F8RGE: WHY NOT TAKE ONE OF THE SMOKE GRENADE CARDS INSTEAD??? His Smoke Grenade is almost useless, and the cards which enhance it are COMPLETELY USELESS, and he has TWO of them!

    I completely disagree with this arrangement for Lando. In The Zone is awesome, and he has 2 other useless cards that no one ever use. It makes no sense!
    Kylo Ren
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We’ve identified Kylo Ren’s “Bloodletting Frenzy” Star Card to be the one that will be reworked into a health on defeat card. We know that health does decrease quickly, and this has an effect on Hero based game modes and Galactic Assault.

    In hero-based game modes, players rarely survive long once they reach below 25%, while in Galactic Assault players would find themselves retreating.

    This is the WORST. Why bother explaining the effect of a card that HAS NEVER WORKED SINCE LAUNCH? Why not being HONEST with the players and admitting this card is broken? It never gave the bonus it was supposed to give when the conditions were met! @EventHorizionOH opened a bug report about this in JANUARY to which DICE ignored until now. Here it is: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Kylo-Ren-Bloodletting-frenzy-star-card-not-working/m-p/6591605#M5558

    Not only that, but the CT's explanation lacks the most fundamental flaw of this Star Card: You can never stay under 25% health with Kylo for long, because his Passive Regeneration is actually 33% of his total Health. The only way to not activate the passive regen is to keep taking damage, which won't last long when you're under 25% of your health, because soon you'll die to it.

    At least it's this card which is getting removed, but actually due to being bugged, which the CT failed to acknowledge (to me they're hiding this info on purpose).
    Darth Maul
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Darth Maul does not have stamina and because of this, the “Frantic Strikes” Star Card has very little use. We know this is a card that does get brought up quite often by the community, so we feel it’s the perfect candidate to be changed into a health on defeat card.

    VERY LITTLE USE? This is outright LYING. It has NO USE AT ALL. Anyone with the ability to read and understand english, and understand simple logic, can reach the conclusion that an effect that reduces Stamina Cost from a source that never costs any Stamina won't have any effect at all.

    Once again we will at least get rid of a useless card, which is a good thing after all.
    Chewbacca
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Chewbacca’s melee attacks are already very powerful so, Chewbacca’s “Wookiee Berserker” card is rarely used because of this, even more so due to the fact he can slam the ground.

    Chewbacca’s high health is why we decided to connect his health regeneration with defeating an enemy by using a specific ability.

    Chewbacca's melee attack is already very powerful, that's true, last time I could check it was dealing 90 damage, same as Palpatine, lower only to Boba's Flamethrowers (100 damage). But saying this is the reason people avoid making his melee even stronger is nonsense from a gaming perspective. Strengthening your best traits/abilities is a simple and effective strategy in any game if you still couldn't find more complex combinations to achieve a better result. Increasing Chewbacca's Melee damage to 125, which is stronger then all melees, plus all normal saber attacks (100 damage from Luke, Kylo and Maul, 110 damage from Rey, 115 damage from Yoda, and 120 damage from Vader) is very effective. However a full 5 bolts Furious Bowcaster hit (which is easier the closer the enemy is) is far more effective (it deals something between 219 to 344 damage if all 5 bolts land), and chewie has many useful cards, so these are the true reasons people don't usually make use of this card.

    But saying that another reason for people not using it is because Chewbacca can slam the ground MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL. Why an ability of running and doing 150 damage in a circle AoE, which has a cooldown and no closing strike property, would be a reason for not using the increased melee damage card? You can melee several times in a row without cooldown, it doesn't make you run, it has no AoE and it has the closing strike property. There isn't a single similarity between his Slam and his Melee, with the sole exception that in both animations he uses his Hands to deliver the blow.

    And now what makes even LESS SENSE: Chewbacca's High Health is the reason he got a Health with ability Card, instead of a HoK card. HIGH HEALTH??? 650 HP?????? Chewbacca has the same Health as Han Solo, Lando, Iden Versio, and Leia, all which either already have or will have much better Healing Cards then him. And despite Chewie having a card which increases his total health, Lando also has one and he got the HoK card instead. What's the REASONING behind this? It make NO SENSE.
    Yoda
    F8RGE wrote: »
    “Master of the Force” is a Star Card that is very rarely used since Yoda loses the unleash power build up very quickly. This card also has a very high difficulty curve, making it one of the least used cards available to Yoda.

    Since Yoda has a health boost ability, we have made the decision to connect his health regeneration with the ability “Unleash.”

    Sorry for language here, but this is complete ****. Yoda loses the build up fast, but he also builds it up pretty fast. I almost ALWAYS use it while it's full, it usually takes around 1 SECOND to build it up, so it's really EASY to use it while it's maxed. Not only that, but Force Powers' build up values on Yoda's Unleash are almost permanent, or really permanent until you use unleash (I never lost the build up value from force powers before using unleash). There's no difficulty curve here at all, 1 Heavy firing on yoda is enough to build unleash up in less then 2 seconds, you just have to use unleash fast so they don't start throwing grenades. And it's usually faster to build Unleash up to max, and use the skill, then it is for the enemy to decide to throw a grenade on yoda because he's blocking.

    Once again the CT is hiding the TRUTH. Master of the Force is BROKEN, the card is BUGGED! It doesn't give the Bonus at all! Why not ackowledge that DICE? Why not sharing the real conclusion that people avoid using it because it doesn't give any Bonus despite stating it does!

    If you could fix the card, either 'Enduring Presence' or 'Earned It I Have' are better candidates to be swapped. Enduring Presence makes his Healing Ability (Presence) last longer, which is actually worse then not using it. As the ability doesn't regen health in any way, and also has no enduring effect while it's active, it just gives you a fixed value as soon as you use it, having it active for longer is just a mean to allow you to lose more health to enemies before you can use the ability again, as cooldown only starts after the ability's duration is finished. Earned It I Have increases the speed Unleash builds up, which is already REALLY FAST, so there's no need to increase it even further. It usually takes at most 2 seconds to build up, but normally it's less then a second. Gaining 30% of increased build up rate from a one second long duration on average to build up to max is truly negligible.
    Finn
    F8RGE wrote: »
    When looking at the Star Cards for Finn, we identified the “All Together” card as one that is considered weaker than his others, and is rarely used by the community. Finn’s health boost ability is the reason why he receives a Defeat with Ability Star Card.

    There's not much to talk here, finally a description that is OK. However, IMO 'I Can Do This' is a better candidate. Finn is a team player Hero, and Undercover Team is almost only useful in GA. Increasing it's range by affecting 2 allies seems a better effect, for it'll reveal enemies that are further away, then the effect of letting them remain visible for longer after the ability enters cooldown (I Can Do This card's effect).

    And there's also the most situational of Finn's cards which is No More Running (increases Deadeye's damage after killing 3 enemies with Deadeye). However, it's a great combo to Stay Calm, which extends Deadeye's duration for each enemy killed during Deadeye's effect, so only for this I think it should remain.
    Captain Phasma
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We have identified Captain Phasma’s Star Card, “Only Pawns,” as the optimal candidate to be replaced. We have found that recharge rates are often difficult to convey towards players and, it makes for the perfect choice.

    The new Star Card will continue with the “Staff Strikes” themes, making it much more beneficial within Galactic Assault.

    As with the other heroes in this category, Captain Phasma’s health boost ability is why she receives health regeneration connect to an ability.

    Phasma is a joke. Not useless, far from that, Phasma is a great Villain, especially for HvV. But Staff Strikes is a ridiculously underpowered ability, and ALL cards related to it are useless because of that. What's funny here is that F8RGE says recharge rates are difficult to convey towards players, and that's the reason for 'Only Pawns' to be replaced, a card which reduces Staff Strikes cooldown time if Phasma kills an enemy with it. But doesn't the SAME REASONING applies to a much worse card called 'All For Myself', which requires 5 Staff Strike kills to perma increase the recharge time of all her abilities?

    Now imagine if we could have a Phasma that regains health on staff kills, with a card that decreases a lot of her staff recharge time, and with another card that perma decreases her staff recharge time, doesn't it sound awesome? If they remove Only Pawns, this combo will never exist.

    However, and here comes the interesting part, I have just tested all these in the game, and GUESS WHAT? Only Pawns is BROKEN! ONLY PAWNS IS BUGGED!. It does decrease the cooldown a lot, a lot more then it states (it usually takes 3 seconds to recharge one Staff Strike, but with Only Pawns effect active, it takes 9/10 of a second to recharge, which is incredible), but after you activate Only Pawns effect and it fades off, 1 Staff Strike starts taking 4 seconds to recharge instead of 3, which isn't intended at all (despite not having such a negative impact, as the fast recharge will kick in again if you kill anyone with any of your staff strikes, that can be performed at most 3 times in a row anyway).

    I also tested All For Myself, and its effect applies correctly to her abilities, with the exception of the recharge time of Staff Strikes, which seems to decrease more then it should (It's giving 40% reduction instead of 25%). Continuing my tests, I tried both effects applied, and they didn't stack, Only Pawns effect takes precedence over All For Myself, and its bug of increasing the recharge time of one Staff Strike to 4 instead of 3 also stays even if the perma gain from All For Myself was triggered before.

    Once again they're removing a card which is BUGGED, without acknowledging that it's bugged. IMO, they should fix this card, and remove the one that increases the last Staff Strike damage, that one seems to me the most useless of them all, when we get a Healing Card for her.

    Well written. I honestly don't think that DICE will understand that logic though, it's to clear and makes to much sense.
  • In the 10 months playing this game i’ve never seen someone using head games, the card is useless

    Stopped reading after that
  • I'll try to adress as many comments as I can, but I'm not with much time in my hands right now.

    @computerson @KrocketOnBoost
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Raices wrote: »
    Man the card swaps for Lando and Yoda is a terrible decision imo, they have far useless cards. Master of the force would be in my setup if it worked as intended.

    I totally agree with you. These are the only 2 cases here that I think devs have made a terrible decision. Lando's In The Zone card is great, I go for that card when I use Lando and I realize I don't need Wide Eyed because the fight is always at close quarters. And both smoke grenade cars are garbage cards that should be redone anyway (or the ability itself should be redone), so why not removing one of the smoke cards instead? Yoda's Master Of The Force card is great in concept, as it gives enough extra damage to allow Yoda to kill a Heavy, and probably kill any of the 150 HP classes with the officer's buff if they have lost at least 10 HP already, but the card is bugged and doesn't work at all. As DICE is horrible with bugfixing, I see why they chose this card.
    I appreciate the time you put into this, but why?

    Because I couldn't stand so much wrong information and lies. In no way I'm against Healing Cards, and TBF, if they must get rid of these cards to get slots for Healing Cards, go for it. Just don't shower us with lies and misinformation to justify their choices, as they did here.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I'll try to adress as many comments as I can, but I'm not with much time in my hands right now.

    @computerson @KrocketOnBoost
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Raices wrote: »
    Man the card swaps for Lando and Yoda is a terrible decision imo, they have far useless cards. Master of the force would be in my setup if it worked as intended.

    I totally agree with you. These are the only 2 cases here that I think devs have made a terrible decision. Lando's In The Zone card is great, I go for that card when I use Lando and I realize I don't need Wide Eyed because the fight is always at close quarters. And both smoke grenade cars are garbage cards that should be redone anyway (or the ability itself should be redone), so why not removing one of the smoke cards instead? Yoda's Master Of The Force card is great in concept, as it gives enough extra damage to allow Yoda to kill a Heavy, and probably kill any of the 150 HP classes with the officer's buff if they have lost at least 10 HP already, but the card is bugged and doesn't work at all. As DICE is horrible with bugfixing, I see why they chose this card.
    I appreciate the time you put into this, but why?

    Because I couldn't stand so much wrong information and lies. In no way I'm against Healing Cards, and TBF, if they must get rid of these cards to get slots for Healing Cards, go for it. Just don't shower us with lies and misinformation to justify their choices, as they did here.

    I just find it pathetic and sad that they didn't have the forethought to see that they can't really add in new cards. Like, maybe you should've left in a few, unused slots so this wouldn't be an issue? Or why is it so hard to add in new cards?
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    In the 10 months playing this game i’ve never seen someone using head games, the card is useless

    Stopped reading after that

    I use it all the time. It's low-key one of his best cards because of how quickly you can recharge.
  • Raices
    759 posts Member
    I'll try to adress as many comments as I can, but I'm not with much time in my hands right now.

    @computerson @KrocketOnBoost
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Raices wrote: »
    Man the card swaps for Lando and Yoda is a terrible decision imo, they have far useless cards. Master of the force would be in my setup if it worked as intended.

    I totally agree with you. These are the only 2 cases here that I think devs have made a terrible decision. Lando's In The Zone card is great, I go for that card when I use Lando and I realize I don't need Wide Eyed because the fight is always at close quarters. And both smoke grenade cars are garbage cards that should be redone anyway (or the ability itself should be redone), so why not removing one of the smoke cards instead? Yoda's Master Of The Force card is great in concept, as it gives enough extra damage to allow Yoda to kill a Heavy, and probably kill any of the 150 HP classes with the officer's buff if they have lost at least 10 HP already, but the card is bugged and doesn't work at all. As DICE is horrible with bugfixing, I see why they chose this card.
    I appreciate the time you put into this, but why?

    Because I couldn't stand so much wrong information and lies. In no way I'm against Healing Cards, and TBF, if they must get rid of these cards to get slots for Healing Cards, go for it. Just don't shower us with lies and misinformation to justify their choices, as they did here.

    Yup, Lando's card is amazing in HvV. Yoda would be even better in GA with master of the force working, not to mention that he would do better overall in HvV with the extra dmg. One maxed unleash would be around 230dmg with the card right?
  • Great job devs? Removing existing and already good cards to exchange them with some health cards, you call it good job? I don't see anything good in this card exchange, why they haven't reserved any space for new cards in the first place?

  • RogueZeroRendar
    602 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'll answer a few more
    quenaelin wrote: »
    Great job devs? Removing existing and already good cards to exchange them with some health cards, you call it good job? I don't see anything good in this card exchange, why they haven't reserved any space for new cards in the first place?

    Then read the whole thing. Good job in bringing healing cards, terrible job in the reasoning behind it. I didn't say anything about more space for Star cards because in the 10 months this game has it was already evident that they can't or won't put more cards. But yeah, I agree it's a shame they can't add more cards.
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    In the 10 months playing this game i’ve never seen someone using head games, the card is useless

    Stopped reading after that

    Then you don't play HvV, I've seen many good Hans that love to combo with Lando using this card. And then there's this comment:
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    In the 10 months playing this game i’ve never seen someone using head games, the card is useless

    Stopped reading after that

    I use it all the time. It's low-key one of his best cards because of how quickly you can recharge.

    So yeah, it's a useful card, and the point is that it's used frequently, so their reasoning is false.

    @TheGeneral122513
    I totally agree with you
    Defbored wrote: »
    "So then your in-game telemetry is faulty"

    Lol! Are you serious?

    I was going to read your post but I stopped there.

    Because your experience and anecdotal evidence is more reliable than the devs lol.

    You still think these devs are reliable? After they crippled Maul's saber throw? After they crippled Palpatine's Chain lightning stating they fixed it? After "improving" Palpatine in a patch just to Killswitch him 2 days later? After one month of DC-15LE ES BUG which made all trooper modes a big mess? After Infinite Jetpack BUG both in the normal game, and a special even more broken version in Jetpack Cargo? (at least the jetpack cargo one is already fixed after months of being broken, but the other is still there) After allowing the SoundBUG and the Vision Overlay BUG stay in the game since launch and never being adressed? After they got so many comments saying Matchmaking was horrible, and had the courage to say MatchMaking was a success? After they took a whole month to deploy a Hotfix in July? After saying Vader's Choke BUG had been corrected so many times in so many patches, just for us to find out ALL Vader Choke's BUGs are still present? After suddenly allowing any shooters to shoot while paralyzed, being thrown away, or immobilized? After they said they fixed Rey's Dash Strike just for us to discover it was doing like 5 times the damage it was supposed to do? After they then said they finally fixed it, just for us to discover now the card associated with the bug is now cripled and doesn't work as intended? After postponing so many events they promised for certain dates?

    After saying the droideka was a crashed speeder bike?

    At least my anecdotal evidence is brought with detailed facts, proofs, and many times videos to showcase them. If my Anecdotal experience wasn't so reliable, I wouldn't have got some kind acknowledgements from people from EA themselves, like EA_Tom and EA_Ataashi. As examples:
    znk7uz9rk2fl.png

    ai3baq9pgrfv.png

    If devs were so reliable, the BUGs playlist on my YT channel wouldn't be so extensive, you can check it here:
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnnmhBBAc8VMpSGyfceFEXfdE9vIoxLq7

    Just because devs said people don't usually use these cards, and in this case said it was their ingame telemetry that provided them the data, that means it's true? After all they've done? They might as well say Palpatine should shoot lightning through walls because their ingame "Balance Bot" verified that's more balanced that way.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • RogueZeroRendar
    602 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Now for the last ones:
    Danxoln wrote: »
    I mean, I see your point, but at the end of the day they still chose cards I never use
    I am fine with it, those cards don't affect me.

    With the exception of Yoda's and Lando's, despite all the misinformation and lies, the other cards chosen aren't bad candidates, and the healing cards will sure be a lot more useful. So this update is actually a good thing, I just wished DICE would be honest with us, which they consistently fail in each update.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    To be fair with Darth Maul, he did have stamina before, so at one point Frantic Strikes did have a purpose, although it was never used in practice due to other options being vastly superior and his hit and run playstyle.

    Very true, but yet what F8RGE said about having very little use is total lack of knowledge on the current state of the game, that's the only issue I have with it. At least they are getting the exact card that neded to be changed from maul's roster, which is a good thing.
    None of this would be a issue if the dev wasn't so useless, "to hard to add new cards"

    Yeah, they should have thought months ago that it would be good to already prepare the game to accept new cards in the future, instead of how it is now that they must be scrambling to find ways to change the cards available to each hero.
    Look at it this way, if they were all HoK cards to begin with, and they were going to replace the HoK cards with what they currently are, would anyone be happy? No. Not one of those cards would've been suggested by anyone to replace a HoK.

    Stop whining! /Arnold

    I believe it's clear my issue is with lies and misinformation, and definetly not with the change. Ultimately the game will be far better with these swaps. However, saying a lot of things which aren't correct to justify their changes is a slap in the face, and we are the ones actually paying here, not the other way around. They mistreat us the customers by telling those things which are completely false in the current state of the game.

    The change is good, they should go for it, they just have to learn to be honest with us. The majority of cards changed are Bugged cards, yet they failed to acknowledge it with a single mention to a BUG in any of these cards. We aren't blind to the issues of this game, they shouldn't try to fool us.
    I'm honestly disappointed they took away head games. I actually used that card for GA. Was is difficult to pull off? Yes, but the payoff was more than worth it to get that recharge. Frankly, if they are taking the card away make that a passive trait for Han.

    Lando getting a straight HOK is gonna be OP out of the gate. He's already one of the strongest counters to villians on GA. Now he can regen butt loads of HP off of sharpshot. Not a good idea. His regen should come via the disabler.

    Maul getting an HoK is interesting. Not sure he needed it.

    Chewy geeting the regen on ground slam is about right.

    Overall, I'm happy they are introducing these cards, but they should probably hear feedback first before implementing them in a patch.

    I feel that for Han too, I was finally delving into this card to understand how it works and then this CT came saying it'll be replaced. Despite being bugged, this card is very useful, especially for HvV where there are several of his cards that have little or no use at all in the HvV environment.

    Lando will become a monster, I bet they'll have to rework him lol. Can't wait to see it. From my last test, Sharpshot was dealing 200 damage, which is enough to kill any not buffed trooper class. And it has no target limit, so it isn't hard for lando to kill 5 or more troopers with it. And even in HvV it'll be a great card because it's easy for lando to get the kills with his fast fire rate weapon, disabler combo, and sharpshot kill snatcher.

    I like the idea of Maul getting a HoK, it'll suit his agressive playstyle, which he must avoid nowadays because he loses permanent health each time he's bold to advance.

    Chewy will become a beast in GA (which was needed) and will still be more or less the same in HvV. The Slam deals 150 damage, enough to kill 3 of the 4 trooper classes (if not buffed). But in HvV it's far more rare to kill someone with the slam, especially because the slam is a good combo beginner in HvV (Slam then Shock Grenade + Activate Furious Bowcaster then unload the shots on the paralyzed enemy)
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • @RogueZeroRendar
    This is an extraordinary post. Tip my hat to you. Detailed work followed by insightful responses. Top tier, man. Thank you.

    Impressive... Most impressive.
  • This really is on the bottom of my misinformation list though. This thread has its merit, admittedly. But saying something wrong isn't that important to me. I would prefer that over the the inactivity and lack of content creation. I really don't want to complain about the cards, because I asked for health cards. But that does not excuse them.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
Sign In or Register to comment.