criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What the future could look like if the content rate stays the same

So, I noticed a pattern (minus December because these people need a break) - it seems that one month releases just a hero and skins, and the next month releases their counter, their skins, and something major - Geonosis with Kenobi, and the new gamemode with Anakin. Also keep in mind that since Geonosis is also coming with new vehicles, which take a lot of work (especially the at-te), planets will probably come a little faster in 2019. We also can't really tell how much work that new mode is taking - it could be the same old maps with new objectives, but from the way they describe going between these giant ground and space battles, it sounds to me like they'll need to make several new maps. But generally, if we expect things at the current rate, what might 2019 look like?

March: Ventress along with 1 or 2 alternate skins, and a set of Geonosian droid skins (orange colored skins for each class).

April: Ahsoka along with 2-3 skins, and Mustafar for GA, new gamemode, and the smaller modes.

May: Jango with an additional skin (does he have more than 1?), Jango's Slave 1 hero ship, and maybe a small kamino map thrown together of the area where he fought Obi-Wan

June: Padme with a few skins and Utapau for GA, new gamemode, and smaller modes and maybe the Sentinel reinforcement (if they restart working on it on the side, it could be done given enough time)

July: Krennic and a capeless skin alongside Scarif for every game mode (assets already exist so assembling maps should go quickly), and of course a shoretrooper variant for each class.

August: Jyn with 1 or 2 skins, and Jedha for Extraction and other small game modes (is there anything big enough for GA?), and Partisan rebel skins (alien heads, new uniforms, both, whatever they can do).

September: Hera and Thrawn (Rebels turns 5 in Oct 2019!), each with an extra skin.

October: Mandalore for every gamemode (not sure about SA) for CW season 7, and death watch skins for the separatists.

November: Episode 9 planet/heroes

December: Break month, or they can spread out their episode 9 tie in stuff

A few final notes: I'm aware that Ahsoka and Ventress aren't particularly associated with Mustafar (same for Padme and Jango with Utapau), and that most people like when the planets and heroes match perfectly, but at the end of the day, if we're getting new maps and heroes, it doesn't really matter. I put Hera and Thrawn right next to Mandalore so that the game can celebrate both a milestone anniversary for Rebels and the return of Clone Wars. And, I know that giving the droids death watch skins means death watch on other maps, and they were never deployed alongside the droids, but this a game, and more of a sandbox one at that, and not an actual story. Besides, death troopers weren't in every battle, or rocket clones, or Officers, or the security battle droids (the specialist one)… you get the idea.

Thoughts? What do you guys want to see/expect for 2019?
Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
0np8u7zs8tne.gif

Replies

  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    I expect a ded game after February.

    Monthly heroes?

    Heroes aren't gonna save this game.
    New maps, weapons and classes will.


    Playing new heroes on the same ol maps gets old fast.


    New maps, too. And I forgot about weapons since its not a big deal to me, but surely they'd do more of those too
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • WarfareKiller41
    6223 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm hoping for RO content after the new CW content comes out, then we can go back to CW. Makes sense since TCW comes back around the end of 2019 I believe.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • Every 2 Month a Map for GA ? Good Luck with that, Geonosis took now what , 1 Year ?
  • X1Alpha wrote: »
    Every 2 Month a Map for GA ? Good Luck with that, Geonosis took now what , 1 Year ?


    Yes except Geonosis is coming with a ton of vehicles, something future maps won’t do. The at-te alone must be a ton of work
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • KrolJulian1916
    1141 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    I expect a ded game after February.

    Monthly heroes?

    Heroes aren't gonna save this game.
    New maps, weapons and classes will.


    Playing new heroes on the same ol maps gets old fast.


    New maps, too. And I forgot about weapons since its not a big deal to me, but surely they'd do more of those too

    Why are you pumping thread like that? Are you blind? How many maps did you get since launch (almost one year)? How many new heroes did you try during that time? It won't be better, stop fooling yourself.

    E:weapons :joy:
  • I'm afraid the writing is on the wall as far as future content goes. This roadmap is it. They can say they"supported" the game for over a year, which is probably why they spread out the content.

    I'm already playing less and am considering playing something else. That never happened during the bf2015 cycle. I'm sure I'll play occasionally and when the updates drop, but once red dead is released and then the resident evil 2 remake in January, I don't see playing this game all that much.

    Certainly, that could change if the new large mode rocks, but that is a long ways off and I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    X1Alpha wrote: »
    Every 2 Month a Map for GA ? Good Luck with that, Geonosis took now what , 1 Year ?


    Yes except Geonosis is coming with a ton of vehicles, something future maps won’t do. The at-te alone must be a ton of work

    Oh no!
    The devs have to do their job.
    Shame.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • II
    So, I noticed a pattern (minus December because these people need a break) - it seems that one month releases just a hero and skins, and the next month releases their counter, their skins, and something major - Geonosis with Kenobi, and the new gamemode with Anakin. Also keep in mind that since Geonosis is also coming with new vehicles, which take a lot of work (especially the at-te), planets will probably come a little faster in 2019. We also can't really tell how much work that new mode is taking - it could be the same old maps with new objectives, but from the way they describe going between these giant ground and space battles, it sounds to me like they'll need to make several new maps. But generally, if we expect things at the current rate, what might 2019 look like?

    March: Ventress along with 1 or 2 alternate skins, and a set of Geonosian droid skins (orange colored skins for each class).

    April: Ahsoka along with 2-3 skins, and Mustafar for GA, new gamemode, and the smaller modes.

    May: Jango with an additional skin (does he have more than 1?), Jango's Slave 1 hero ship, and maybe a small kamino map thrown together of the area where he fought Obi-Wan

    June: Padme with a few skins and Utapau for GA, new gamemode, and smaller modes and maybe the Sentinel reinforcement (if they restart working on it on the side, it could be done given enough time)

    July: Krennic and a capeless skin alongside Scarif for every game mode (assets already exist so assembling maps should go quickly), and of course a shoretrooper variant for each class.

    August: Jyn with 1 or 2 skins, and Jedha for Extraction and other small game modes (is there anything big enough for GA?), and Partisan rebel skins (alien heads, new uniforms, both, whatever they can do).

    September: Hera and Thrawn (Rebels turns 5 in Oct 2019!), each with an extra skin.

    October: Mandalore for every gamemode (not sure about SA) for CW season 7, and death watch skins for the separatists.

    November: Episode 9 planet/heroes

    December: Break month, or they can spread out their episode 9 tie in stuff

    A few final notes: I'm aware that Ahsoka and Ventress aren't particularly associated with Mustafar (same for Padme and Jango with Utapau), and that most people like when the planets and heroes match perfectly, but at the end of the day, if we're getting new maps and heroes, it doesn't really matter. I put Hera and Thrawn right next to Mandalore so that the game can celebrate both a milestone anniversary for Rebels and the return of Clone Wars. And, I know that giving the droids death watch skins means death watch on other maps, and they were never deployed alongside the droids, but this a game, and more of a sandbox one at that, and not an actual story. Besides, death troopers weren't in every battle, or rocket clones, or Officers, or the security battle droids (the specialist one)… you get the idea.

    Thoughts? What do you guys want to see/expect for 2019?

    The devs got a break in July, and left the game in an unplayable state for a month and a half, how much time off do they need?

  • I honestly couldn't care less about heroes, vehicles, or even weapons,

    We simply need more maps, more variety in objectives, and more game modes
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    X1Alpha wrote: »
    Every 2 Month a Map for GA ? Good Luck with that, Geonosis took now what , 1 Year ?


    Yes except Geonosis is coming with a ton of vehicles, something future maps won’t do. The at-te alone must be a ton of work

    Oh no!
    The devs have to do their job.
    Shame.


    Yeah I know my point is any future maps would go faster
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    II
    So, I noticed a pattern (minus December because these people need a break) - it seems that one month releases just a hero and skins, and the next month releases their counter, their skins, and something major - Geonosis with Kenobi, and the new gamemode with Anakin. Also keep in mind that since Geonosis is also coming with new vehicles, which take a lot of work (especially the at-te), planets will probably come a little faster in 2019. We also can't really tell how much work that new mode is taking - it could be the same old maps with new objectives, but from the way they describe going between these giant ground and space battles, it sounds to me like they'll need to make several new maps. But generally, if we expect things at the current rate, what might 2019 look like?

    March: Ventress along with 1 or 2 alternate skins, and a set of Geonosian droid skins (orange colored skins for each class).

    April: Ahsoka along with 2-3 skins, and Mustafar for GA, new gamemode, and the smaller modes.

    May: Jango with an additional skin (does he have more than 1?), Jango's Slave 1 hero ship, and maybe a small kamino map thrown together of the area where he fought Obi-Wan

    June: Padme with a few skins and Utapau for GA, new gamemode, and smaller modes and maybe the Sentinel reinforcement (if they restart working on it on the side, it could be done given enough time)

    July: Krennic and a capeless skin alongside Scarif for every game mode (assets already exist so assembling maps should go quickly), and of course a shoretrooper variant for each class.

    August: Jyn with 1 or 2 skins, and Jedha for Extraction and other small game modes (is there anything big enough for GA?), and Partisan rebel skins (alien heads, new uniforms, both, whatever they can do).

    September: Hera and Thrawn (Rebels turns 5 in Oct 2019!), each with an extra skin.

    October: Mandalore for every gamemode (not sure about SA) for CW season 7, and death watch skins for the separatists.

    November: Episode 9 planet/heroes

    December: Break month, or they can spread out their episode 9 tie in stuff

    A few final notes: I'm aware that Ahsoka and Ventress aren't particularly associated with Mustafar (same for Padme and Jango with Utapau), and that most people like when the planets and heroes match perfectly, but at the end of the day, if we're getting new maps and heroes, it doesn't really matter. I put Hera and Thrawn right next to Mandalore so that the game can celebrate both a milestone anniversary for Rebels and the return of Clone Wars. And, I know that giving the droids death watch skins means death watch on other maps, and they were never deployed alongside the droids, but this a game, and more of a sandbox one at that, and not an actual story. Besides, death troopers weren't in every battle, or rocket clones, or Officers, or the security battle droids (the specialist one)… you get the idea.

    Thoughts? What do you guys want to see/expect for 2019?

    The devs got a break in July, and left the game in an unplayable state for a month and a half, how much time off do they need?



    I don’t like it either, but we can’t do anything about it
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • idk. Assuming the content release schedule stays the same, then this is a solid guess. Plenty of leaks and rumors suggest Ahoska and Ventress are on the way as well as the Rogue One DLC from the 2015 game.

    Rebels might be a stretch, but could be something for the future IF they decide to keep supporting this game as originally stated, something we really haven't seen yet. I'm not confident they will put the resources to this game for a full year of new content as well as support Battlefield V.

    My guess is they will play it safe with mostly ported content until fall 2019:
    • Rogue One DLC including all maps, skins, Jyn Erso, and Krennic
    • 2015 launch maps for GA and the large scale game mode (Sullust Sorosuub Complex, Hoth Outpost Beta, Forest Moon of Endor, and Jundland Waste).
    • The rest of the maps from the Bespin DLC and Outer Rim DLC, including Extraction maps.
    • New game mode Supremacy added.
    • All skins from the 2015 game ported over

    Fall 2019 is when I expect the next drop of new content timed with CW season 7 and Episode 9:
    • Ahsoka, Ventress, Padme, and Jango as new heroes
    • Mandalore as new planet
    • new skins including droid skins, more clone legions, and the special Ahsoka detachment clone troopers Dave Filoni talked about Anakin giving to Ahsoka for the Siege of Mandalore (almost certainly teased by the trailer).
    • Episode 9 content

    I also I expect various other things like adding the new large scale game mode to more maps as the year progresses. I'm not sure how many maps it will be on when it comes out.
  • Surely if they had more content planned they'd put it on the roadmap. Heck, maybe even just a vague hint that there's SOMETHING past February. If Some_info is to be believed (leaker who's been right about almost everything from what I can gather), then Geonosis is the last original map. He said there may be some ports, but that's about it.

    If I were you, I'd get ready for an incredibly glitchy, unbalanced gamemode (which WILL be delayed by another month or two), followed by DICE announcing the end of the game's support, and finally finishing up with an almost complete loss of the player base rendering the game's multiplayer unplayable for all but a select few lucky enough to be near a ping site with a few players left on it.
    ==============================================================
    3ydnuscizll8.png
    Mygeeto CT thread + demo video!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/133499/outer-rim-community-transmission-demo-video-idea/p1
  • Surely if they had more content planned they'd put it on the roadmap. Heck, maybe even just a vague hint that there's SOMETHING past February. If Some_info is to be believed (leaker who's been right about almost everything from what I can gather), then Geonosis is the last original map. He said there may be some ports, but that's about it.

    If I were you, I'd get ready for an incredibly glitchy, unbalanced gamemode (which WILL be delayed by another month or two), followed by DICE announcing the end of the game's support, and finally finishing up with an almost complete loss of the player base rendering the game's multiplayer unplayable for all but a select few lucky enough to be near a ping site with a few players left on it.


    This is so depressing let's live in denial until it actually happens
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    Future looks very grim.

    Red Dead Redemption 2 kill this game if other games haven't done it already. I was excited for new map and heroes coming this year but next??? It's just too late DICE. Too little too late.

    I hope I am proven wrong and we get so awesome content in future that players come back.

    The way it's looking right now, RDR2 is going to kill every game out there. EA is a quarter of the company that Rockstar is in terms of delivering games and content.
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    Future looks very grim.

    Red Dead Redemption 2 kill this game if other games haven't done it already. I was excited for new map and heroes coming this year but next??? It's just too late DICE. Too little too late.

    I hope I am proven wrong and we get so awesome content in future that players come back.

    The way it's looking right now, RDR2 is going to kill every game out there. EA is a quarter of the company that Rockstar is in terms of delivering games and content.

    That's pretty generous lol. I wouldn't even give them that.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • GenxDarchi
    7279 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    Future looks very grim.

    Red Dead Redemption 2 kill this game if other games haven't done it already. I was excited for new map and heroes coming this year but next??? It's just too late DICE. Too little too late.

    I hope I am proven wrong and we get so awesome content in future that players come back.

    The way it's looking right now, RDR2 is going to kill every game out there. EA is a thousandth of the company that Rockstar is in terms of delivering games and content.

    There, I fixed it for ya, free of charge. This time.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Surely if they had more content planned they'd put it on the roadmap. Heck, maybe even just a vague hint that there's SOMETHING past February. If Some_info is to be believed (leaker who's been right about almost everything from what I can gather), then Geonosis is the last original map. He said there may be some ports, but that's about it.

    If I were you, I'd get ready for an incredibly glitchy, unbalanced gamemode (which WILL be delayed by another month or two), followed by DICE announcing the end of the game's support, and finally finishing up with an almost complete loss of the player base rendering the game's multiplayer unplayable for all but a select few lucky enough to be near a ping site with a few players left on it.

    That’s what it looks like.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    Future looks very grim.

    Red Dead Redemption 2 kill this game if other games haven't done it already. I was excited for new map and heroes coming this year but next??? It's just too late DICE. Too little too late.

    I hope I am proven wrong and we get so awesome content in future that players come back.

    The way it's looking right now, RDR2 is going to kill every game out there. EA is a thousandth of the company that Rockstar is in terms of delivering games and content.

    I appreciate you fixing my obviously misspelled statement. lol I'm glad other people are with me on that fact though.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    Future looks very grim.

    Red Dead Redemption 2 kill this game if other games haven't done it already. I was excited for new map and heroes coming this year but next??? It's just too late DICE. Too little too late.

    I hope I am proven wrong and we get so awesome content in future that players come back.

    The way it's looking right now, RDR2 is going to kill every game out there. EA is a thousandth of the company that Rockstar is in terms of delivering games and content.

    There you go.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    Future looks very grim.

    Red Dead Redemption 2 kill this game if other games haven't done it already. I was excited for new map and heroes coming this year but next??? It's just too late DICE. Too little too late.

    I hope I am proven wrong and we get so awesome content in future that players come back.

    The way it's looking right now, RDR2 is going to kill every game out there. EA is a thousandth of the company that Rockstar is in terms of delivering games and content.

    I appreciate you fixing my obviously misspelled statement. lol I'm glad other people are with me on that fact though.

    How can we NOT agree lol? I think all of us realized this fact a while back lol.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • What a vast majority of people fail to understand is this is a future because they have no faith in the community, and it's a well grounded faith. No one says anything positive or constructive, and yet expect everything they ask/demand to be done as quickly as possible without question. And I can already hear the basic "Well, they should have listened to us all the time" and just look at what they have done, because they really have. They removed boxes, they have consistently been changing the heroes in the way the community asks for, they added in a new progression, new heroes everyone wanted, returning maps and modes (yet again, just like everyone asked for), changes to the classes, new planets, skins and new skins, and to top it off, literally no requirement to spend money to even look at any of it beyond buying the game (which should be pathetically obvious). All they did was start with boxes adding in very simple upgrades because games and companies everywhere else have validated the fact people will buy them constantly, and so they figured people would do the same here, not condemn them for being the only people to do it in the community's eyes. "We bought the game, we shouldn't have to do anything else" Then you can leave if the only things you can contribute are negative and not even give a single concept to change it or anything positive period. To top it off, constant nerf calls and excessive derailing of threads just reinforces the idea of everyone barely being taken seriously as a whole.
  • What a vast majority of people fail to understand is this is a future because they have no faith in the community, and it's a well grounded faith. No one says anything positive or constructive, and yet expect everything they ask/demand to be done as quickly as possible without question. And I can already hear the basic "Well, they should have listened to us all the time" and just look at what they have done, because they really have. They removed boxes, they have consistently been changing the heroes in the way the community asks for, they added in a new progression, new heroes everyone wanted, returning maps and modes (yet again, just like everyone asked for), changes to the classes, new planets, skins and new skins, and to top it off, literally no requirement to spend money to even look at any of it beyond buying the game (which should be pathetically obvious). All they did was start with boxes adding in very simple upgrades because games and companies everywhere else have validated the fact people will buy them constantly, and so they figured people would do the same here, not condemn them for being the only people to do it in the community's eyes. "We bought the game, we shouldn't have to do anything else" Then you can leave if the only things you can contribute are negative and not even give a single concept to change it or anything positive period. To top it off, constant nerf calls and excessive derailing of threads just reinforces the idea of everyone barely being taken seriously as a whole.


    I know ill get hate for this, but honestly I don't care about lootboxes, P2W or otherwise. If those people pay huge amounts of money and I don't, what? I die more often? You die constantly in shooters anyway. I'd have taken the old system personally if we could have gotten a proper content flow
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • What a vast majority of people fail to understand is this is a future because they have no faith in the community, and it's a well grounded faith. No one says anything positive or constructive, and yet expect everything they ask/demand to be done as quickly as possible without question. And I can already hear the basic "Well, they should have listened to us all the time" and just look at what they have done, because they really have. They removed boxes, they have consistently been changing the heroes in the way the community asks for, they added in a new progression, new heroes everyone wanted, returning maps and modes (yet again, just like everyone asked for), changes to the classes, new planets, skins and new skins, and to top it off, literally no requirement to spend money to even look at any of it beyond buying the game (which should be pathetically obvious). All they did was start with boxes adding in very simple upgrades because games and companies everywhere else have validated the fact people will buy them constantly, and so they figured people would do the same here, not condemn them for being the only people to do it in the community's eyes. "We bought the game, we shouldn't have to do anything else" Then you can leave if the only things you can contribute are negative and not even give a single concept to change it or anything positive period. To top it off, constant nerf calls and excessive derailing of threads just reinforces the idea of everyone barely being taken seriously as a whole.


    I know ill get hate for this, but honestly I don't care about lootboxes, P2W or otherwise. If those people pay huge amounts of money and I don't, what? I die more often? You die constantly in shooters anyway. I'd have taken the old system personally if we could have gotten a proper content flow

    And it's not even like the upgrades guaranteed anything anyway. You still had to work for your kills. Someone with all purples isn't going to be better than someone with nothing literally just because it's a higher rank. I can still dodge a grenade no matter what rarity it is.
    What a vast majority of people fail to understand is this is a future because they have no faith in the community, and it's a well grounded faith. No one says anything positive or constructive, and yet expect everything they ask/demand to be done as quickly as possible without question. And I can already hear the basic "Well, they should have listened to us all the time" and just look at what they have done, because they really have. They removed boxes, they have consistently been changing the heroes in the way the community asks for, they added in a new progression, new heroes everyone wanted, returning maps and modes (yet again, just like everyone asked for), changes to the classes, new planets, skins and new skins, and to top it off, literally no requirement to spend money to even look at any of it beyond buying the game (which should be pathetically obvious). All they did was start with boxes adding in very simple upgrades because games and companies everywhere else have validated the fact people will buy them constantly, and so they figured people would do the same here, not condemn them for being the only people to do it in the community's eyes. "We bought the game, we shouldn't have to do anything else" Then you can leave if the only things you can contribute are negative and not even give a single concept to change it or anything positive period. To top it off, constant nerf calls and excessive derailing of threads just reinforces the idea of everyone barely being taken seriously as a whole.

    And speaking of nothing positive or constructive and derailing threads...lol

    They are lucky to even have a community as active as this one has been. This has nothing to do with negative posts and calls for nerfs. Every game has that.

    Don't try to use the community as an excuse for EA's complete mishandling of this game.

    Yes, but that's ALL it is. People thinking they deserve everything while giving next to nothing. You think the community is completely innocent? You must be part of the ones that's the problem. Would explain why you took offense immediately before thinking it through.
  • What a vast majority of people fail to understand is this is a future because they have no faith in the community, and it's a well grounded faith. No one says anything positive or constructive, and yet expect everything they ask/demand to be done as quickly as possible without question. And I can already hear the basic "Well, they should have listened to us all the time" and just look at what they have done, because they really have. They removed boxes, they have consistently been changing the heroes in the way the community asks for, they added in a new progression, new heroes everyone wanted, returning maps and modes (yet again, just like everyone asked for), changes to the classes, new planets, skins and new skins, and to top it off, literally no requirement to spend money to even look at any of it beyond buying the game (which should be pathetically obvious). All they did was start with boxes adding in very simple upgrades because games and companies everywhere else have validated the fact people will buy them constantly, and so they figured people would do the same here, not condemn them for being the only people to do it in the community's eyes. "We bought the game, we shouldn't have to do anything else" Then you can leave if the only things you can contribute are negative and not even give a single concept to change it or anything positive period. To top it off, constant nerf calls and excessive derailing of threads just reinforces the idea of everyone barely being taken seriously as a whole.


    I know ill get hate for this, but honestly I don't care about lootboxes, P2W or otherwise. If those people pay huge amounts of money and I don't, what? I die more often? You die constantly in shooters anyway. I'd have taken the old system personally if we could have gotten a proper content flow

    I didn't have an issue with them in the game either or really cared about Star Cards much anyway.

    Either way, the progression system was terrible and I can't imagine enough people wanting to pay money for those loot boxes to fund a DLC flow. It's not like Overwatch where there's actual desirable content there lol.

    That's really the issue I have. EA promises free DLC, but in hindsight it was clearly tied to loot box revenue. But then they put gameplay items in the loot boxes that aren't that desirable in the first place.

    Seriously, who actually thought that was going to make money? lol They didn't even have a lot of cosmetic items at launch, items that would have been perfect to stuff in loot boxes or otherwise sell for microtransactions. A total botched situation by EA, then they dropped it for Battlefield V. Is it any wonder BFV pre-orders are way down?
  • See: The new Assassin's creed. It's not in boxes so I guess that's ok. This game was a scapegoat. People complained and it ****ed us all.
  • Chem0
    88 posts Member
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    Future looks very grim.

    Red Dead Redemption 2 kill this game if other games haven't done it already. I was excited for new map and heroes coming this year but next??? It's just too late DICE. Too little too late.

    I hope I am proven wrong and we get so awesome content in future that players come back.

    All these game X will kill game Y talk is nonsense. Very rarely some game that isn't even directly same genre will do any major harm to other game.
    Same old same old for years and years and rarely it comes to truth.
    One of these was around when Wildstar was coming and it was going to kill SWTOR. Well Wildstar got closed down and SWTOR is still going.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    Future looks very grim.

    Red Dead Redemption 2 kill this game if other games haven't done it already. I was excited for new map and heroes coming this year but next??? It's just too late DICE. Too little too late.

    I hope I am proven wrong and we get so awesome content in future that players come back.

    The way it's looking right now, RDR2 is going to kill every game out there. EA is a thousandth of the company that Rockstar is in terms of delivering games and content.

    I appreciate you fixing my obviously misspelled statement. lol I'm glad other people are with me on that fact though.

    How can we NOT agree lol? I think all of us realized this fact a while back lol.

    It's sad, really. We were all so gullible to think they could make a great star wars game. They could've too, but alas, they did not.

    Well, let's just wait and see what happens next. Will that make another Battlefront? Probably not. Their reputation with the license has been thoroughly destroyed, along with any real trust of most consumers from buying another EA Battlefront again. Then again, if they hype up everything enough, people will buy it. That's one thing they are good at, the initial hype and trailers. And with Episode 9 in the works and the Disney and EA only care for $$$$$, then they might go for a 3rd game. But then again, Disney might not want it's reputation tainted again, so they might not want another Battlefront. EA's Star Wars license expires in 2023, so we got about 4yrs left of them in charge of Star Wars games.

    This really only leaves 2 options for the current game: continue supporting it and possibly regain some trust and respect over time if they can produce decent content, or drop it entirely like a bad habit. It would cost them more resources to bring this game up from where it is, but it could make this game actually pretty decent. With enough time and dedication, of course. However, they may choose to work on other Star Wars titles, such as SWTOR possibly or make a Force Unleased-esque game. Or more mobile games. They're gonna milk the title dry, that's for sure.

    Now, if they do decide to stick with it, they are gonna need to see some profit come out. So, skins are gonna need to be MASS produced. And all they need are to make some quick templates out of the current ones and swap the colors (for Clones, Imps, and 1st Order). That should take less than 5 minutes each. Do it for each class. Next, make each race available for each class. Boom. Or, you can also bring in more emotes, but that could take more time than just skins, idk. They can even make new paint jobs for guns, and that would be extra content right there.

    Speaking on guns, WE. NEED. MORE. Literally port old ones over from BF2015. Take ones that are already in game with heroes or reinforcements, weaken them to be balanced with troopers, and give it to them. While your at it, take off some parts and make them into attachments, if you even want to go that far. Also, adding in attachments for the default blasters would be nice. Give some more variety.

    Another biggie is to add in more Star Cards. For some reason, they aren't able to add in new ones. Now, I don't know if these means at all, or that it would take a lot of work to do. Either way, if this wasn't a problem, then it would be so much easier to add in new Star Cards.

    New heroes are sorely needed. Thankfully, we'll get 4 new ones over the next few months, along with Geonosis. And all of them are Saber Heroes!!! But, with this poor, pathetic excuse of Saber Combat we have, it's gotta go.

    Ok, so I'll keep saber combat pretty simple. Just make it so you don't stumble back if they just hold block. If the enemy blocks within .5 seconds of you striking, then you should be staggered. Otherwise, it doesn't stagger, and you can freely attack the block. To break a block, spam attack. If they want to add more depth, then add in Heavy Attack, which deals 75% more damage and covers more ground, but takes more time to do and costs more stamina. This breaks blocks much quicker, but the enemy can dodge with good reflexes.

    There's plenty of other stuff, but these are just a few to name that need to be changed.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Dead dead dead
  • What a vast majority of people fail to understand is this is a future because they have no faith in the community, and it's a well grounded faith. No one says anything positive or constructive, and yet expect everything they ask/demand to be done as quickly as possible without question. And I can already hear the basic "Well, they should have listened to us all the time" and just look at what they have done, because they really have. They removed boxes, they have consistently been changing the heroes in the way the community asks for, they added in a new progression, new heroes everyone wanted, returning maps and modes (yet again, just like everyone asked for), changes to the classes, new planets, skins and new skins, and to top it off, literally no requirement to spend money to even look at any of it beyond buying the game (which should be pathetically obvious). All they did was start with boxes adding in very simple upgrades because games and companies everywhere else have validated the fact people will buy them constantly, and so they figured people would do the same here, not condemn them for being the only people to do it in the community's eyes. "We bought the game, we shouldn't have to do anything else" Then you can leave if the only things you can contribute are negative and not even give a single concept to change it or anything positive period. To top it off, constant nerf calls and excessive derailing of threads just reinforces the idea of everyone barely being taken seriously as a whole.

    No mate, this is purely on EA. The upgrade and progression system they had was designed to gouge new or more casual players of their money, it's that simple. But even this practice as debatable as it is wasn't enough for EA.
    What's truly disgusting is that even if you paid to upgrade your cards, guns via Loot Boxes they made it so the contents where completely random. This isn't even up for debate, it's flat out wrong and if it had been allowed to succeed would have been the model for all future titles from EA, thank god this revolting practice was stopped. It wasn't the community that put EA under investigation for child gambling.
    And when this system was rightfully abolished, did EA even try to win back the communities faith? No, now they can't rinse Star Wars fans of their money, their putting as little effort into the game as possible. They even took Dev's from an already struggling game to go and work on their more lucrative titles.
    The financial gains to be made from cosmetic items are massive, games like Fortnite have made literally millions off the back of it. Have EA invested in setting up a stream of cosmetic based micro transactions using the massive amount of lore available in the Star Wars universe? No their's still barely anything, that's how little EA cares about this game, an open goal like this and they can't be bothered.
    I don't know if your a member of other gaming communities, but even games that have an incredible amount of investment put into them like Battlefield are still full of people complaining. The difference with this community is that their complaints are absolutely justified. They have paid money for a broken game that as far as I can see is barely any different from it's Beta.
    What amazes me is that despite all of this, the people here still refuse to give up hope in this game, they stand by it despite everything EA has done. The level of loyalty, passion, humour and insightful debate found here should be applauded.
    The community didn't fail this game, EA failed us.
  • I must be missing something
    Late to the party
    Do we have new Extraction Maps and Rogue One content
    Sorry expecting to much
    New character's and guns and mods
    Don't forget maps for SA
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member
    What a vast majority of people fail to understand is this is a future because they have no faith in the community, and it's a well grounded faith. No one says anything positive or constructive, and yet expect everything they ask/demand to be done as quickly as possible without question. And I can already hear the basic "Well, they should have listened to us all the time" and just look at what they have done, because they really have. They removed boxes, they have consistently been changing the heroes in the way the community asks for, they added in a new progression, new heroes everyone wanted, returning maps and modes (yet again, just like everyone asked for), changes to the classes, new planets, skins and new skins, and to top it off, literally no requirement to spend money to even look at any of it beyond buying the game (which should be pathetically obvious). All they did was start with boxes adding in very simple upgrades because games and companies everywhere else have validated the fact people will buy them constantly, and so they figured people would do the same here, not condemn them for being the only people to do it in the community's eyes. "We bought the game, we shouldn't have to do anything else" Then you can leave if the only things you can contribute are negative and not even give a single concept to change it or anything positive period. To top it off, constant nerf calls and excessive derailing of threads just reinforces the idea of everyone barely being taken seriously as a whole.

    And speaking of nothing positive or constructive and derailing threads...lol

    They are lucky to even have a community as active as this one has been. This has nothing to do with negative posts and calls for nerfs. Every game has that.

    Don't try to use the community as an excuse for EA's complete mishandling of this game.

    I've yet to see a positive gaming forum.

    I don't know how much of the mishandling is EA, but everything Dice fixes it feels like they are trying to reinvent the wheel in this game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • I don’t think we’re going to get some new contents after the CW season, I mean the game is still in an uncertain position regarding the future
  • CW content from June to June. Lmao that’s pretty rich.
    What a vast majority of people fail to understand is this is a future because they have no faith in the community, and it's a well grounded faith. No one says anything positive or constructive, and yet expect everything they ask/demand to be done as quickly as possible without question. And I can already hear the basic "Well, they should have listened to us all the time" and just look at what they have done, because they really have. They removed boxes, they have consistently been changing the heroes in the way the community asks for, they added in a new progression, new heroes everyone wanted, returning maps and modes (yet again, just like everyone asked for), changes to the classes, new planets, skins and new skins, and to top it off, literally no requirement to spend money to even look at any of it beyond buying the game (which should be pathetically obvious). All they did was start with boxes adding in very simple upgrades because games and companies everywhere else have validated the fact people will buy them constantly, and so they figured people would do the same here, not condemn them for being the only people to do it in the community's eyes. "We bought the game, we shouldn't have to do anything else" Then you can leave if the only things you can contribute are negative and not even give a single concept to change it or anything positive period. To top it off, constant nerf calls and excessive derailing of threads just reinforces the idea of everyone barely being taken seriously as a whole.

    You still trying to peddle this load of trash that it’s the community is to blame? Lol please, EA is talking dollars and sense... you’re over here acting like emotions are involved.
    k7uc9belpz0f.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • What a vast majority of people fail to understand is this is a future because they have no faith in the community, and it's a well grounded faith. No one says anything positive or constructive, and yet expect everything they ask/demand to be done as quickly as possible without question. And I can already hear the basic "Well, they should have listened to us all the time" and just look at what they have done, because they really have. They removed boxes, they have consistently been changing the heroes in the way the community asks for, they added in a new progression, new heroes everyone wanted, returning maps and modes (yet again, just like everyone asked for), changes to the classes, new planets, skins and new skins, and to top it off, literally no requirement to spend money to even look at any of it beyond buying the game (which should be pathetically obvious). All they did was start with boxes adding in very simple upgrades because games and companies everywhere else have validated the fact people will buy them constantly, and so they figured people would do the same here, not condemn them for being the only people to do it in the community's eyes. "We bought the game, we shouldn't have to do anything else" Then you can leave if the only things you can contribute are negative and not even give a single concept to change it or anything positive period. To top it off, constant nerf calls and excessive derailing of threads just reinforces the idea of everyone barely being taken seriously as a whole.

    No mate, this is purely on EA. The upgrade and progression system they had was designed to gouge new or more casual players of their money, it's that simple. But even this practice as debatable as it is wasn't enough for EA.
    What's truly disgusting is that even if you paid to upgrade your cards, guns via Loot Boxes they made it so the contents where completely random. This isn't even up for debate, it's flat out wrong and if it had been allowed to succeed would have been the model for all future titles from EA, thank god this revolting practice was stopped. It wasn't the community that put EA under investigation for child gambling.
    And when this system was rightfully abolished, did EA even try to win back the communities faith? No, now they can't rinse Star Wars fans of their money, their putting as little effort into the game as possible. They even took Dev's from an already struggling game to go and work on their more lucrative titles.
    The financial gains to be made from cosmetic items are massive, games like Fortnite have made literally millions off the back of it. Have EA invested in setting up a stream of cosmetic based micro transactions using the massive amount of lore available in the Star Wars universe? No their's still barely anything, that's how little EA cares about this game, an open goal like this and they can't be bothered.
    I don't know if your a member of other gaming communities, but even games that have an incredible amount of investment put into them like Battlefield are still full of people complaining. The difference with this community is that their complaints are absolutely justified. They have paid money for a broken game that as far as I can see is barely any different from it's Beta.
    What amazes me is that despite all of this, the people here still refuse to give up hope in this game, they stand by it despite everything EA has done. The level of loyalty, passion, humour and insightful debate found here should be applauded.
    The community didn't fail this game, EA failed us.

    Well said. This community has been amazing given the circumstances. It's been almost ELEVEN MONTHS since launch and what have we gotten? Two minor DLC "Seasons" (Crayt and Solo) that combined might equal one DLC pack from the 2015 game. I've seen games have bad launches, but I've never seen a community stick with a game that has given it such little reason to stay around as this one has. Usually, the forums are a ghost town within a couple of months.

    Just this week we've had multiple threads like this with positive outlook on future content. This before any of the heralded Clone Wars DLC has even arrived lol.

    Your point on cosmetics is spot on too. They could have come up with a crazy amount of cosmetics to put in those loot boxes instead of boring Star Cards and crafting parts. I guess Overwatch making all that money off cosmetics was too easy? lol Fortnite has done the same. The whole loot box and progression idea for this game was Twilight Zone absurd.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!