criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hero Health Card First Impressions

For the most part I definitely like the health cards the heroes will be receiving as most of them need one. I have some concerns with a few heroes though who may end up being OP with a health card in their possession.

1. Darth Maul: Maul is my biggest concern with a health on kill card. I've played many matches as Darth Maul where I was nearly impossible to kill and I still manage to get a good amount of kills while low on health. In the right hands, he is simply impossible to kill as his superior speed makes him such a powerful opponent I imagine he's really gonna be far more dangerous on maps like Naboo and Kashyyyk. Maybe he could've been more balanced with a card that gives him health while he's choking an enemy. I'd say a lightsaber throw but it's so hard to get kills with that ability.

2. Yoda: It's good Yoda has a health with ability card, but this change may make Yoda harder to kill in GA. Thanks to his size and presence ability, Yoda is such a difficult target to hit. Hopefully the change to health stacking helps balance things out.

3. Captain Phasma: I feel Phasma's health card is gonna be the most worthless. First off it is so difficult to get kills with the staff strike in GA you might end up losing more health than gaining health for attempting to do so, especially since the heroes show up on the map all the time. Plus her lunge can be quite inconsistent with landing a blow. The ability must improve first for this card to be more viable, however, she could've benefited more with a health on kill card.

Replies

• This was long overdue, and I'm glad it's finally being addressed. Maul I would say is now rey's equal on the dark side. He can't ambush enemies as well and is visible at all times on radar, but his speed balances it out, and now he won't have to always retreat from enemies and can now press the attack.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif[/quote]
  • willywonka7
    1136 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Maul .... He can't ambush enemies as well and is visible at all times on radar

Not True. You just need to deactivate the lightsaber with the deactivation button to get maul to disappear from the radar.

• yeah I too am worried about Maul and yoda receiving any additional health star card. I feel like if a really good play gets these players in the future that they will almost be unstoppable unless the entire team shoots them at once.....which is nearly impossible to do. I mean they move around so quickly, all they have to keep doing is run into fight get a few people run back recover health with health regen and no one will be able to kill them.

This is going to be a big problem in the future unless dice drastically reduces the amount of automatic health regen that they get. Still Yoda's health buff ability will more than make up for nearly any decrease to automatic health regen. I feel like yoda is going to become the new OP character in the game easily.

Completely agree with the phasma staff strikes problem and the staff health card....you have to fix staff strike before it will be of any use. Also I would suggest that phasma be forced to run through the animation always and that you can't get her to stumble on the attack because the animation takes so long to run through that it's easy to make her cancel the ability. If you allow phasma to always perform the ability then reduce down the number of attacks to two maybe.....that way the user can still see the cool chain animation.
  • Is that true? How did you find out? I simply turned off my lightsaber for dramatic purposes hehe.
    Maul .... He can't ambush enemies as well and is visible at all times on radar

Not True. You just need to deactivate the lightsaber with the deactivation button to get maul to disappear from the radar.

• Maul .... He can't ambush enemies as well and is visible at all times on radar

I think He literally just made that up.

Maul is balanced now, without a heal card, he's definitely worse than rey. Simply can't pull off the same numbers unless your up against numbskulls who don't bother checking the radar.

Yoda will now be able to fight on the front lines. And you can deny his healing by running back when he has unleash out. Vader has both high damage reduction and extra health with his rage, and a Heal card. It's fair for yoda to get a modified one. Permanent damage shouldn't be a thing. It rewards bad players with a one-shot because they threw enough bodies at a Hero, sometimes mindlessly; instantly whipping out vanguard the moment they spawn to rush the Hero.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif[/quote]
  • Oh yeah I forgot they only made the lightsabers turn off and they didn't do the full off the radar effect like SWBF 2015.

I'll have to double check because I could swear that there were times when I was trying to find lightsaber characters and they went off the map....not because they were out of range but I thought because they had stopped attacking and turned off the lightsaber.