criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

"Titles" in Extraction

What does it mean to be a siege commander or war hero in Extraction? I get the Blockade Runner, seems to be whoever spends the most time around the payload as a rebel, but how does one achieve the other titles?

Also, what do the scores associated with each title mean? Is it what you earned while working toward the title?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Guess the answer is nobody knows.
  • Or nobody cares because the 2 maps are played out.
  • that screen has always been 100% unexplained and nobody has questioned it.
  • Sniffy44 wrote: »
    that screen has always been 100% unexplained and nobody has questioned it.

I've seen people ask about it multiple times. There's just never been a definitive answer.
  • Outrider wrote: »
    Sniffy44 wrote: »

I've seen people ask about it multiple times. There's just never been a definitive answer.

Just a good example of bad communication by the devs.
  • TheScape
    1911 posts Member
    There was a topic not so long ago where we tried to guess what each title meant (I can look for it). The problem is that when Extraction was introduced, that screen was severely bugged. Troopers didn't match with their tags (you could see an imperial with the tag of a player that was in the rebels side) so the titles didn't make any sense. Right now, I'm quite sure there is a title for the "best player" and there are some titles for each team's best objective player. But so far, there has been no confirmation from the dev team of what each title represents.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • So I guess the ultimate answer is, no one knows. Thanks, I thought it was just me, missing the boat on this one.
  • Sniffy44 wrote: »

i posted this same sort of question months ago.
  • MWB33
    1369 posts Member
    Not official, but best explanation I've found from personal experience and discussing with others:

Blockade runner is the player that has the highest objective score while staying next to the shipment and keeping it moving as a Rebel.
    Siege commander is the the player with the highest objective score while staying next to the shipment to keep it stopped. (which is why this one isn't always awarded...sometimes teams can lock down the shipment without getting near it.

War hero appears to be the player with the highest combination of objective score and combat score, but seems inconsistent on exactly who gets it. I think the criteria vary slightly from Rebel to Empire side, and haven't quite figured out which one is weighted more heavily...perhaps winning team contributes on occasion?

I do know that I've personally seen a person get 50 eliminations while never being near the shipment and not get War Hero, despite being #1 on the scoreboard. (I got it as #2 on the scoreboard with a ton of objective score and 25 eliminations, almost all of which came with me next to the shipment.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • NUBIESAN wrote: »
    So I guess the ultimate answer is, no one knows. Thanks, I thought it was just me, missing the boat on this one.

I remember in one match I got "Blockade Runner," first place as an assault... and "War Hero," second place... as an Aerial... in the same match. I've seen other people make the leader board twice in this mode as well, with similar discrepancies (trooper and reinforcement), but this might be the first time "War Hero" wasn't first place (or maybe it did happen before, but I forgot).

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I have a video of a match I joined that bugged and showed what they are. I will post the video this evening.
  • Carbonic
    164 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    TariboWest wrote: »
    Outrider wrote: »
    Sniffy44 wrote: »

Just a good example of bad communication by the devs.
    The fun is finding out yourself ;)
  • Here is the video from when the game bugged and showed me. Something odd is that the same person got all three honors, which is something that I rarely see. I included the entire search and loading, but you can skip to 1:14 to see them.

• Here is the video from when the game bugged and showed me. Something odd is that the same person got all three honors, which is something that I rarely see. I included the entire search and loading, but you can skip to 1:14 to see them.

I’ve seen players, myself included, get 2 titles but never 3. However I’ve never seen those titles before.
  • I thought each side got a title, which means one person cannot get all three? Anyway. Last night as the rebels I was 1 in kills (by a lot), 1 in points, my end of match showed me 1 in objective score, combat score, (and obviously 1 on scoreboard) and did not earn any of the the post match titles. I have seen other times when teammates had better stats than me, yet I made the post match board. There is no rhyme or reason.
  • MWB33 wrote: »
    Not official, but best explanation I've found from personal experience and discussing with others:

Blockade runner is the player that has the highest objective score while staying next to the shipment and keeping it moving as a Rebel.
    Siege commander is the the player with the highest objective score while staying next to the shipment to keep it stopped. (which is why this one isn't always awarded...sometimes teams can lock down the shipment without getting near it.

War hero appears to be the player with the highest combination of objective score and combat score, but seems inconsistent on exactly who gets it. I think the criteria vary slightly from Rebel to Empire side, and haven't quite figured out which one is weighted more heavily...perhaps winning team contributes on occasion?

I do know that I've personally seen a person get 50 eliminations while never being near the shipment and not get War Hero, despite being #1 on the scoreboard. (I got it as #2 on the scoreboard with a ton of objective score and 25 eliminations, almost all of which came with me next to the shipment.

Best explanation i've seen on this and seems to fit. So thank you!