criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II - Release Notes - October Hotfix

Prev1
F8RGE
308 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 4
Hi everyone,

In this hotfix we will be focusing on key issues that were introduced in the Squad System Update, as well as tackling some key pieces of community feedback.

We have made some tweaks to the Squad System and have fixed issues that have been flagged since its release. We will be limiting squad spawning to be Trooper on Trooper only. This change comes directly from community feedback, where the ability to spawn with heroes right back into the action was creating some unbalanced scenarios.

Elsewhere within the community we know that the topic of ‘Health Stacking’ has been growing more and more prominent. This hotfix is allowing us to make changes where this will not be possible, and fights should now be a lot more even.

Based on recent discussion within the community, we have decided to reduce the Battle Points for the AT-RT to 300.

As always, we thank you for your continued feedback, please do keep it coming.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

CHANGES
Squad System:
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to return to the character select screen after attempting to spawn on a friendly player in a land vehicle.
  • Fixes an issue with the menu not being greyed out as Unable to Spawn when a squad member is in a land vehicle.
  • Squad spawning has been restricted to Trooper on Trooper only

Other
  • Reduced the Battle Points price for the AT-RT to 300.
  • Fixed a health buff stacking issue causes by Yoda, Finn and the Officer class that led to uneven fights in Galactic Assault.
  • Fixed an issue where the Resourceful Star Card didn’t apply the correct recharge speed in each rarity to the Trooper’s Shock Grenade and Concussion Rifle abilities.
  • Fixed an issue on Strike, where players were unable to spawn when not selecting any class in the second round.
  • Addressed an issue with End-Of-Round matchmaking crashes.
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• Xbox issues?
  • F8RGE
    So what about the Xbox issues ?

We're still working on a fix, we can't release one until we have it locked down. We've made progress on it, and the team continues to focus on it.

Once we make a decision to do a hotfix, we have a very short window of opportunity to get a fix into the build, talking 24hours, 48hours at best. After that, the build has to get locked down, sent to QA for testing, then into submission.

Unfortunately, during this window we were unable to get a fix for the Xbox issue in there.
  • Wonder what the odds are that the "health-stacking fix" will render the health buffs unusable for all characters/classes?

I thought the XBox players being unable to play would have been a decent priority item for a hotfix as well? I know I'm not on the dev team, I'm just one of the silly consumers they made the product for, but being able to actually play a game seems like a pretty big priority.

What it being done to correct the abundance of bugs being introduced to SA? What is being done to correct the fact that the daily challenges are not awarding credits? I do like the fact that spawning on heroes has been adjusted though, that's a legit good fix. We'll see what tomorrow has to bring....
  • With the squad re-spawn screen can you make it so you only need to select the squad mate or default spawn to re-spawn. It's not good having to spam the mouse left click to get back into the game due to squad going in and out of combat quick. Also the way the game determines when a squad mate is in combat needs tweaking. There's times when the squad mate is classed as in combat when they aren't shooting or being shot at.

I like the squad system in terms of being able to get back into action quickly but I've noticed it makes stomping worse e.g spawn killing.
  • JMaster
    1967 posts Member
    300 for an AT-RT? I'm gonna be ridin' those puppies like nobody's business!
    Also the health stacking's being looked at! YES!
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • DerekPigsley3
    1 posts Member
    edited October 3
    What about daily challenges?
    (They are not giving us credits & not popping on the screen when complete).
  • Does this mean they did not fix the hero cap issue? Where one team could have six heroes while the other team has two. I see this nearly every GA match and I thought that would be one of the primary fixes here.
  • Jazza_21SD wrote: »
    What about the Starfighter Assault issue where you randomly get a "Defeated" message when you spawn in and then you're unable to spawn for the rest of the match?

Yeah...about to ask the same thing..
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

In this hotfix we will be focusing on key issues that were introduced in the Squad System Update, as well as tackling some key pieces of community feedback.

We have made some tweaks to the Squad System and have fixed issues that have been flagged since its release. We will be limiting squad spawning to be Trooper on Trooper only. This change comes directly from community feedback, where the ability to spawn with heroes right back into the action was creating some unbalanced scenarios.

Elsewhere within the community we know that the topic of ‘Health Stacking’ has been growing more and more prominent. This hotfix is allowing us to make changes where this will not be possible, and fights should now be a lot more even.

Based on recent discussion within the community, we have decided to reduce the Battle Points for the AT-RT to 300.

CHANGES
    Squad System:
    • Fixed an issue where players were unable to return to the character select screen after attempting to spawn on a friendly player in a land vehicle.
    • Fixes an issue with the menu not being greyed out as Unable to Spawn when a squad member is in a land vehicle.
    • Fixed an issue where the spawn screen UI remained on screen during gameplay on Strike, or Galactic Assault.

Other
    • Fixed a health buff stacking issue causes by Yoda, Finn and the Officer class that led to uneven fights in Galactic Assault.
    • Fixed an issue where the Resourceful Star Card didn’t apply the correct recharge speed in each rarity to the Trooper’s Shock Grenade and Concussion Rifle abilities.
    • Fixed an issue on Strike, where players were unable to spawn when not selecting any class in the second round.

okay can finn and yoda still stack their health with eachother on hero showdown?
    So what about the Xbox issues ?

We're still working on a fix, we can't release one until we have it locked down. We've made progress on it, and the team continues to focus on it.

Once we make a decision to do a hotfix, we have a very short window of opportunity to get a fix into the build, talking 24hours, 48hours at best. After that, the build has to get locked down, sent to QA for testing, then into submission.

Unfortunately, during this window we were unable to get a fix for the Xbox issue in there.

Are you freaking serious?
  • Welp. If the Xbox issue hasn’t been fixed then I guess I have no need to reinstall the game and have to wait longer before I could get back into the action.
  • How about when two players quit Hero Starfighters and the game NEVER matches anyone else in?
    #VestedinVesti #InTrydlingWeTrust #DennistheDefinitive #BettingonBen
    BFForumsSig_2.png
  • Well my elite trooper deluxe edition has been uninstalled and i threw disc away sorry battlefront 2 better luck next time.
  • So with the xbox fixes not being put as a priority. Does this mean it won't get fixed. I'm confused when you said "unfortunately we weren't able to get the fix for xbox". I have to wait at least 15-30 minutes for my xbox to simply say there was an error. After three or four tries it might connect. I hope it does get addressed. I'm just wondering if since its not going to be addressed and I have to suffer. My question is will it stay like this or will it possibly be addressed later?
  • I expect a solution for Xbox between today and tomorrow. Another weekend without being able to play would be unacceptable.

When will we have the clone skins corrected?
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • I was playing Darth Vader today on Endor and his choke hold stayed in that position. Unable to release and instant killed.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg

"This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Hello , what do you think about adding a Darth Maul dart light to the block? I think this is a great idea, and I don’t really understand why this character didn't have a block from the beginning. This is one of the greatest swordsmen in the entire Star Wars universe
  • I feel sorry for people who ever bought an Xbox.

Uhm why? Its not the consoles fault that there is no Q/A with Battlefront 2 patches.
    XboxOne is a amazing console.
  • F8RGE
    Quick note, but in my haste to get the release notes online last night, I missed that the following issue didn't make it into the hotfix. We did actually have a fix created for it, but QA found issues with it, so it was removed. It will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Fixed an issue where the spawn screen UI remained on screen during gameplay on Strike, or Galactic Assault.
  • As an Xbox player I can't express how disappointed I am with this fix.
  • What's this major issue with the Xbox One version some here are so upset about? I'm playing on PC and Xbox One, and the only Xbox One specific issue I'm having since the last update is that BFII does not auto-connect to the EA servers anymore when starting up the game. I now have to manually connect before I can play. It's nothing major let alone game breaking. Is there another, more serious issue?
    "All wings report in."
  • DaxStorm
    495 posts Member
    edited October 4
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    What's this major issue with the Xbox One version some here are so upset about? I'm playing on PC and Xbox One, and the only Xbox One specific issue I'm having since the last update is that BFII does not auto-connect to the EA servers anymore when starting up the game. I now have to manually connect before I can play. It's nothing major let alone game breaking. Is there another, more serious issue?

The none connection issue is my main problem, but for me is is not just a case of manually connecting, sometime I can and other times it can take 10-15 minutes of trying to get online, going through the same process of freezing then error 721, sometimes being crashed right out of the game to the Xbox main menu and having to start all over again. Fun, fun, fun!!
    And no mention of the SA Defeated bug in the fix.
    Oh and the missing social hub that also seems to affect the Xbox hub as well as the in game hub!
  • Well my elite trooper deluxe edition has been uninstalled and i threw disc away sorry battlefront 2 better luck next time.

May the force be with you
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Jdorn24
    30 posts Member
    edited October 4
    I swear...this is it for the hot fix? Are you kidding me?

No fix for the 500 credit spam ..
    No fixes for the fubar arcade spawning...
    No fix for my favorite bug...the fact you must close the app after a round of arcade to reset the end of match data screen flag.

Just a couple quick hitting settings changes? That made for a 600mb patch?

What kind of spaghetti is this mess of a code base at this point

Way to go again DICE ...keep up with the commitment to excellence, it makes my time sitting in a lobby while I wait for the 8 people in the us still playing to get their game updated so much fun.
  • im glad that health buff stacking will no longer be a thing.
  • Halpen4
    373 posts Member
    edited October 4
    No fix for 500 credit visual spam, wow... Bummer :(
    Thought that was getting fixed for sure. Last time it happened wasn't it fixed in 3 days without a download?
    Using a server side patch for it...
  • I keep getting my posts deleting for voicing my opinion anyone want details contact me via dm
  • well at least we know the devs can actually get a hotfix out in less than 14 days--even if the real issues were not fixed
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • What about the Problems in Arcade? I understand that the focus lies on the Multiplayer-modes, but come on, DICE! There are enough Players that actually play the Arcade (e.g. with friends on the couch, yes that is still a thing...), and the Bugfixes and Balancing needed can't be that complicated to program.

I really wish that those issues would be adressed, as well. And I have still hope in that regard, since a few maps have already been added to Arcade in the past, so maybe they actually look into feedback regarding those things, onve every year or so...

Oh, and for those you don't know what I'm talking about:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/111107/issues-with-starfighter-assault-in-arcade-bugs-and-other-problems#latest

And perhaps this:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/110491/bigger-maps-for-arcade#latest
  • “Testing” 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Going on 30 minutes “syncing data”. But I thought you tested it?!? 😂😂😂😂 they’d rather clean up the forums of bad reviews than listen to them 😂😂😂 y’all should just do that bad review spam
    After that, the build has to get locked down, sent to QA for testing, then into submission.

Are you able to tell us how the QA was able to manage their xbox issues in reguards to 720, 721, and 770? I've attempted everything I have read and herd and can tell you that absolutly none of them actually works.
  • SCARTracer4316
    46 posts Member
    edited October 4
    F8RGE wrote: »
    After that, the build has to get locked down, sent to QA for testing, then into submission.

Are you able to tell us how the QA was able to manage their xbox issues in reguards to 720, 721, and 770? I've attempted everything I have read and herd and can tell you that absolutly none of them actually works.

Lol buddy they are wasting time deleting ppls out crys rather then fixxing the real problems but then again this is EA and dice we are talking about you and I and everyone else is nothin but a money pit to them lets be honest here and lols I just heard how hard BF 5 bombed haha rolling on the ground laughing !!! 😵😵😵

"EA and Dice are like an Ex Gf when they started out things seemed ok and then as it progressed it got worse and worse and then the lieing starts and the stealing lol and then finally hopefully one day someone will pull the plug and move on to the next one"
  • creativepup
    264 posts Member
    edited October 4
    Every single match I have entered since I applied the hotfix is.....an empty lobby. This must be that new matchmaking upgrade they keep mentioning over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Another lie just like how content will be based on anniversaries and special dates. At least they left the Reward spamming message and preventing Xbox players from playing features in and kept that chicken out on Takodana. They have exactly 6 weeks to make this game playable before they take the entire winter off (mid-November through February 1st) to produce and enhance more game-breaking features. Let's look at the real patch notes:
    1) Squad system still broken since players standing around still shown as "In Combat."
    2) Arcade still broken.
    3) GA still crashing mid-game.
    4) HvV now crashing mid-game.
    5) SA still broken.
    6) Matchmaking still non-existent.
    7) Reward message spamming still happening.
    8) Absolutely nothing fixed.

You do realize that this hotfix wouldn't be necessary if the patch was tested, right?
    Post edited by creativepup on
  • F8RGE
    We implemented a priority order for the health buff aspects of the Officer, Finn & Yoda abilities, so you can only be affected by one of those at once. They're prioritised by amount of health given so Yoda > Finn > Officer and you'll receive whichever is highest of the affects applied to you.

The Enforcer's self-buff isn't included in this and can still stack so the max health buff you can get now is Enforcer and Yoda.

The stacking reduction only applies to the extra health parts of the abilities, other aspects such as Finn's damage reduction & weapon cooling will still apply when his health buff is removed due to Yoda's being applied.
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    What's this major issue with the Xbox One version some here are so upset about? I'm playing on PC and Xbox One, and the only Xbox One specific issue I'm having since the last update is that BFII does not auto-connect to the EA servers anymore when starting up the game. I now have to manually connect before I can play. It's nothing major let alone game breaking. Is there another, more serious issue?

You obviously must have a magic xbox mine wont even connect its pops error codes and then crashes sometimes to dashboard! it has even froze my xbox into a full restart of the system and in the last 6 days I have played once -_- the game is unplayable for alot not SOME but alot !
    Kudos to being able to play on PC
  • Zyder
    113 posts Member
    Why don't you improve the AT-RT better than reducing its cost?
  • To tell the truth I believe the hotfix may have made connection for xbox players worse been sitting here for 2 hours now havnt been able to connect once .... 😵😵😵
    We implemented a priority order for the health buff aspects of the Officer, Finn & Yoda abilities, so you can only be affected by one of those at once. They're prioritised by amount of health given so Yoda > Finn > Officer and you'll receive whichever is highest of the affects applied to you.

The Enforcer's self-buff isn't included in this and can still stack so the max health buff you can get now is Enforcer and Yoda.

The stacking reduction only applies to the extra health parts of the abilities, other aspects such as Finn's damage reduction & weapon cooling will still apply when his health buff is removed due to Yoda's being applied.

So WW can still camp choke points with double HP?

That's still a significant imbalance in the game. Why not just cap health buffs all together?
  • Kattz
    27 posts Member
    Hello, I am so addicted to this game, I always have fun, win or not, still, I <3 playing.
    Would it be possible to select Male or Female , for all of the human trooper and Officer classes like we could in the SWBF1? We could use credits to purchase the skin mods,
    Excluding Heros, droids and such?
    Thank You.
    o:)
    (AK) =^.^=
  • The Xbox bug is strangely linked to the xbox account. My wife has the bug on her xbox one S, but if i connect with my account on her game, the game works like a charm. If i return to her account, it freezes etc... Same thing using my xbox one S ( yes we have one xbox each ). It works with my account. With her account it freezes.

SO GUYS SOMETHING IS **** WITH THE ACCOUNTS IDs...
    THE BUG IS HERE SO LOOK AT IT !!!
  • im confused on what the xbox problem is, unless its where i have to reconnect idk how many times right when i start up the game just to play a match and i never had to do that before.
  • You wouldn't have to make a hotfix for health stacking if you didn't lower the amount of battlepoints it takes to get a hero. Either make them all 6000 or bump them back up to where they were before.
  • What about daily challenges?
    (They are not giving us credits & not popping on the screen when complete).

daily challenge complete notifications were broken back in the Solo season update
  • Hello there, while Im glad health stacking has been looked at there is still the issue where more than two heroes are spawning in phase 1 and phase 2 of GA. Its clearly some kind of bug that people are catching onto and are abusing for the sake of having 3+ heroes in GA. It might have something to do with squad system but idk, maybe it has been fixed since heroes cant pop on troopers anymore. But I saw no notes about it so figure it's still a problem...
    Hi everyone,

CHANGES
    Squad System:

Other

Great! But can the ATRT jump yet?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season