criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II - Release Notes - October Hotfix

2Next

Replies

• I think the old Squad System should return for Starfighter Assault (only!). I love the new one, but the old version worked pretty well for SA in my opinion. it actually made me team up with my Teammates and do cool formations. Or just add the 4-Player squads to SA, as well.

At least I believe that there are no Squads in SA right now...
  • Wow so since I’m on Xbox I get to miss out on the Hero Event. Greeeeeaaat
  • Galactic Assault seems more unbalanced than ever before. Just played Endor, Kashyyk, Star killer Base, the other team, full of maxed out star cards won on the first round every time despite joining 3 different matches. You really need to sort this out as the games are really unenjoyable.
  • When will the South African lobby/matchmaking be fixed? I can only find full lobbies by switching to foreign servers for the better part of the year.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

In this hotfix we will be focusing on key issues that were introduced in the Squad System Update, as well as tackling some key pieces of community feedback.

We have made some tweaks to the Squad System and have fixed issues that have been flagged since its release. We will be limiting squad spawning to be Trooper on Trooper only. This change comes directly from community feedback, where the ability to spawn with heroes right back into the action was creating some unbalanced scenarios.

Elsewhere within the community we know that the topic of ‘Health Stacking’ has been growing more and more prominent. This hotfix is allowing us to make changes where this will not be possible, and fights should now be a lot more even.

Based on recent discussion within the community, we have decided to reduce the Battle Points for the AT-RT to 300.

As always, we thank you for your continued feedback, please do keep it coming.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

CHANGES
    Squad System:
    • Fixed an issue where players were unable to return to the character select screen after attempting to spawn on a friendly player in a land vehicle.
    • Fixes an issue with the menu not being greyed out as Unable to Spawn when a squad member is in a land vehicle.
    • Squad spawning has been restricted to Trooper on Trooper only

Other
    • Reduced the Battle Points price for the AT-RT to 300.
    • Fixed a health buff stacking issue causes by Yoda, Finn and the Officer class that led to uneven fights in Galactic Assault.
    • Fixed an issue where the Resourceful Star Card didn’t apply the correct recharge speed in each rarity to the Trooper’s Shock Grenade and Concussion Rifle abilities.
    • Fixed an issue on Strike, where players were unable to spawn when not selecting any class in the second round.
    • Addressed an issue with End-Of-Round matchmaking crashes.

Great! But can the ATRT jump yet?

But the AT-RT is still completely useless. Please either buff or give us a real tank for the good guys
  • 4 xbox 1 players- per someones suggestion i found that if i sign onto arcade 1st, quit, then back out to the 'solo/coop' screen and depress the right analog stick it signs me in and i can play
  • As a frustrated Xbox user, among many here on the forum, I would like to point out that it's not like you didn't say LAST WEEK the issue with the Xbox not connecting/crashing would be addressed in a hotfix this week......the one you released TODAY. Priorities or not, you fixed some exploits but you DIDN'T KEEP YOUR WORD. The sad thing is none of us are shocked....
  • Well, overall I'm really enjoying the hotfix, but I'm still having problems with the game frequently auto-spawning me without the option to customize or select any Trooper, Special Unit, Vehicle, etc. in Multiplayer and Arcade.

Also, I'm still getting numerous "Rewards Unlocked 500 Credits" notifications popping up at once when I boot up the game and exit a match.
    "All wings report in."
  • Reward message spamming is a new feature to go with more empty lobbies.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

In this hotfix we will be focusing on key issues that were introduced in the Squad System Update, as well as tackling some key pieces of community feedback.

We have made some tweaks to the Squad System and have fixed issues that have been flagged since its release. We will be limiting squad spawning to be Trooper on Trooper only. This change comes directly from community feedback, where the ability to spawn with heroes right back into the action was creating some unbalanced scenarios.

Elsewhere within the community we know that the topic of ‘Health Stacking’ has been growing more and more prominent. This hotfix is allowing us to make changes where this will not be possible, and fights should now be a lot more even.

Based on recent discussion within the community, we have decided to reduce the Battle Points for the AT-RT to 300.

As always, we thank you for your continued feedback, please do keep it coming.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

CHANGES
    Squad System:
    • Fixed an issue where players were unable to return to the character select screen after attempting to spawn on a friendly player in a land vehicle.
    • Fixes an issue with the menu not being greyed out as Unable to Spawn when a squad member is in a land vehicle.
    • Squad spawning has been restricted to Trooper on Trooper only

Other
    • Reduced the Battle Points price for the AT-RT to 300.
    • Fixed a health buff stacking issue causes by Yoda, Finn and the Officer class that led to uneven fights in Galactic Assault.
    • Fixed an issue where the Resourceful Star Card didn’t apply the correct recharge speed in each rarity to the Trooper’s Shock Grenade and Concussion Rifle abilities.
    • Fixed an issue on Strike, where players were unable to spawn when not selecting any class in the second round.
    • Addressed an issue with End-Of-Round matchmaking crashes.

Great! But can the ATRT jump yet?

But the AT-RT is still completely useless. Please either buff or give us a real tank for the good guys

Make it jump and it can go everywhere. And is great at that point for 300bp, but maybe let more ATRTs be available than tanks.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • So are the broken map rotations not on the radar?
  • Thanks for the honesty, F8rge. I guess I'll just be playing Battlefront 1 until then. Maybe I'll enjoy things like Traits, more game types and the old maps again. Can't forget about the variety of weapons. Wake me up when we're on Geonosis, guys.
  • SHIFTYOO9
    107 posts Member
    edited October 5
    it told me the update failed, now I have to update offline...... wasted like 6 hours on my day off. Angry Shifty made an appearance! Now I have to buy a 5gb flash drive to fix my BF2!!!!! After all the log in difficulty I've had, and now this..... well when the class action suit comes, you guys owe me like $200 at least for my time wasted due to "updates".
  • Ah, the same QA testing that approved the latest patch that has made the game completely unplayable. Good one.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    So what about the Xbox issues ?

We're still working on a fix, we can't release one until we have it locked down. We've made progress on it, and the team continues to focus on it.

Once we make a decision to do a hotfix, we have a very short window of opportunity to get a fix into the build, talking 24hours, 48hours at best. After that, the build has to get locked down, sent to QA for testing, then into submission.

Unfortunately, during this window we were unable to get a fix for the Xbox issue in there.

• I dreamed last night, that i played on PC together with other console players. But it was just a dream, right?
  • Cannot get the game to progress past picking what kind of match after selected screen goes dark comes up with a xbox system message saying wait a minute then hard start the system to reboot and try again and nothing... on a positive note arcade still works fine. Seriously quit messing with what already works only makes more issues cant even play online now.
  • So I've been playing Assault all day and thanks to the poorly excecuted Matchmaking, I've been stuck on the same 3 maps; and occasionally a 4th, without a single sniff of Crait or Starkiller Base which happen to be my favorites. Extremely frustrating. Here's a wild thought, how about we don't automatically relevel after every other round and just do it after one side doesn't get past the first or second objective?