criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - General Grievous

2

Replies

  • Cosmo31315 wrote: »
    I love this! But I am a bit worried with Stamina since he is a cyborg how can he get tired if he is basically a machine?

    Maybe he's running out of batteries? I remember that in "Labirynth of Evil" there is a scene where he has to recharge himself in similar chamber like Vader had in TESB.
  • Oh come one! Grievous looks and sounds perfect and all, but why October 30th? I thought it was going to happen in this weekend. And I can only play at weekends so I have to wait until next one! 😭😭

    Ps. Why at the start of the week?? WHY!?
    Check out my skin idea for Palpatine:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117692/the-forgotten-skin-emperor-palpatine

    ❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞

    #LeiaOrgana
    4z1aaxrauk54.gif



  • thorzhammers
    191 posts Member
    edited October 24
    His abilities sound very similar, so basically he charges at you either standing up or crawling...

    Gotta say, after all this time, almost a year for a new character... My expectations could not be lower. :|

    Appreciate the info though.

    Really wish you guys would surprise all of us faithful fans by giving us all the new heroes and maps next week.

    You could pull a Dumb and Dumber and "totally redeem yourself"
  • I'm so hyped, but I'm even more hyped aboout Geonosis! Bring it on, it releases right on my birthday :))
  • Cosmo31315 wrote: »
    I love this! But I am a bit worried with Stamina since he is a cyborg how can he get tired if he is basically a machine?

    Like he gets tired in the fight with Obi-wan in EP3
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    ...Why would they give him a normal blaster block? Blocking sabers is fine for him. Blocking blasters is not.
    Why not? he have to live up to be a saber fighter who can protect himself from anyone and anything!
  • Great information. Thank you for the CT. General Grievous... Yeeessss....
  • Cosmo31315 wrote: »
    I love this! But I am a bit worried with Stamina since he is a cyborg how can he get tired if he is basically a machine?

    He's half man with a weak heart and clearly hacking and weezing in movies and clone wars... even Vader got tired.
  • Kudos dice this could not have been an easy character to make and I was wondering how you were going to do it. Although he doesn't use his 4 lightsaber much I'm impressed he uses 2 as default. The animation could not have been easy.
  • vidic1 wrote: »
    I was wondering if it would ever be possible to have more than 4 emotes for all the heroes and villains, orat least more for the new heroes?

    Port over the hero emotes from BF1.
  • Cant waaaaait!!!! I love general grievous! Only thing I didnt like was the name of that one card. "Cowardly retreat"? That's cold blooded, what about "tactical retreat"? I think that sounds a lot better for a general!

    Plus 1

    Really? He is constantly referred to as a coward in the movie and tv show. Imo tho there was always a boy of a disconnect between him being this feared warrior and also his portrayal as a coward by the Jedi.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Cool! Will Grievous block?

    Yes but it drains his stamina very quickly. Deflected blaster shots can't be aimed back either, they deflect randomly.

    That is a very nice compromise. I was worried since Grievous isn't supposed to be able to deflect like a jedi, but it would be needed to avoid getting owned by blasters. I sure hope you keep an eye on this during testing as I feel he might get melted fast by blasters.
  • IIPrest0nII
    3197 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited October 24
    DqR1tj0WoAA5zSH.jpg
    <3 <3 <3 Awesome!
    Volunteer EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator
  • vVrathh wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Cool! Will Grievous block?

    Yes but it drains his stamina very quickly. Deflected blaster shots can't be aimed back either, they deflect randomly.

    That is a very nice compromise. I was worried since Grievous isn't supposed to be able to deflect like a jedi, but it would be needed to avoid getting owned by blasters. I sure hope you keep an eye on this during testing as I feel he might get melted fast by blasters.

    Makes sense for a gameplay reasons to allow Grievous to block blasters for some extent. I had this idea in my head that you would use 2 buttons for his attacks like Palpatine and he could block blasters when he is using that saber whirlwind spin. But then he would be melted by blaster fire.
  • bfloo
    12479 posts Member
    Cant waaaaait!!!! I love general grievous! Only thing I didnt like was the name of that one card. "Cowardly retreat"? That's cold blooded, what about "tactical retreat"? I think that sounds a lot better for a general!

    Cowardly retreat suits general runaway perfectly.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • ........3w9lmgpwsncv.jpg
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • bfloo
    12479 posts Member
    Cant waaaaait!!!! I love general grievous! Only thing I didnt like was the name of that one card. "Cowardly retreat"? That's cold blooded, what about "tactical retreat"? I think that sounds a lot better for a general!

    Plus 1

    Really? He is constantly referred to as a coward in the movie and tv show. Imo tho there was always a boy of a disconnect between him being this feared warrior and also his portrayal as a coward by the Jedi.

    They should have stuck with the 2003 CW Grievous.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Cadoth
    305 posts Member
    edited October 24
    DqR1tj0WoAA5zSH.jpg
    <3 <3 <3 Awesome!

    Love iiiiit!
    And I think the price for this skin is really fair👌🏻
  • This should be really fun. I've been looking forward to playing as Grievous for almost a year now! Great abilities! Hopefully he is balanced from day one!
  • @F8RGE Is he going to have a big jump, like Luke/Rey/Kylo, or a short one like Han and all the other force users?

    Also, I think it may have been asked already, but I'm assuming he can block?

    When you kill him, does his gut sack catch fire?

    (kidding on that last one, lol)
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

    Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    @F8RGE Is he going to have a big jump, like Luke/Rey/Kylo, or a short one like Han and all the other force users?

    Also, I think it may have been asked already, but I'm assuming he can block?

    When you kill him, does his gut sack catch fire?

    (kidding on that last one, lol)

    He can block. I want to know the other two.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Finally Heros vs Villan might actually change soon to only lightsaber battles! No offense, but it’s so annoying to be having a awesome lightsaber fight and all of sudden you just getting shoot like crazy from behind??? Lol So Ready For Grievous! “Jedi Slime”
  • I have a GOOD feeling about this!

    Thanks!
  • His abilities sound very similar, so basically he charges at you either standing up or crawling...

    Gotta say, after all this time, almost a year for a new character... My expectations could not be lower. :|

    Appreciate the info though.

    Really wish you guys would surprise all of us faithful fans by giving us all the new heroes and maps next week.

    You could pull a Dumb and Dumber and "totally redeem yourself"

    +2 Bonus Pt for quoting D&D
    "This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel." - Jyn Erso
  • I love how his voice lines have a few from the old Clone Wars cartoon and from the old Battlefront 2 as well. Clever little additions.
  • AzorAhai
    812 posts Member
    edited October 24
    I love how his voice lines have a few from the old Clone Wars cartoon and from the old Battlefront 2 as well. Clever little additions.

    And even though that series is no longer canon, it's still awesome! In my mind everything that isn't contradicted in the Clone Wars series, still is canon.
  • lxgfi20xdvxg.png


    My wee boi. Rey vs Grievous dash. Who shall win...

    --Squad join request--
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    I love how his voice lines have a few from the old Clone Wars cartoon and from the old Battlefront 2 as well. Clever little additions.

    And even though that series is no longer canon, it's still awesome! In my mind everything that isn't contradicted in the Clone Wars series, still is canon.
    But... really?! I was entirely sure the Clone Wars series was canon☹️
    I mean Disney is producing the new season right now😶
  • EightMile wrote: »
    who cares

    game is ruined

    its dead

    blah another junk villian...

    If you don’t like the game did why are you commenting on the game forums? Your obviously a troll.

    You're. Maybe he is like me and has played from the beginning, has 1000K hours in and is SOOOO dissapointed by the joke that EA and DICE call a game. They have not done ANYTHING right since launch. This game is not a good game. It is poorly managed, poorly coded and is an absolute joke if you compare it to any other relevant current game.
  • His abilities sound very similar, so basically he charges at you either standing up or crawling...

    Gotta say, after all this time, almost a year for a new character... My expectations could not be lower. :|

    Appreciate the info though.

    Really wish you guys would surprise all of us faithful fans by giving us all the new heroes and maps next week.

    You could pull a Dumb and Dumber and "totally redeem yourself"

    +2 Bonus Pt for quoting D&D

    Worth a shot they read it, thanks for the +2
  • I'm excited. I took a hiatus from Battlefront 2 for around 2 months, and I'm hoping this update will bring back the enjoyment I've usually had with this game.
  • I like what the developers are doing with Grevious, but he needs 1 more diolauge line "Whats the situation"?
  • Absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to play as Grievous!
    "All wings report in."
  • Is it true that leaked information of Grevious having 800hp. His lightsaber attack requires both triggers like emperor Palpatine lighting.
  • accpdhiw2iwo.jpeg

    Reminds me of the old battlefront. Sweet memories
    accpdhiw2iwo.jpeg

    Reminds me of the old battlefront. Sweet memories
    accpdhiw2iwo.jpeg

    Reminds me of the old battlefront. Sweet memories
    When SWB was balanced and simple,yet fun to play.
  • Is it true that leaked information of Grevious having 800hp. His lightsaber attack requires both triggers like emperor Palpatine lighting.

    Great news isn’t it
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    But... really?! I was entirely sure the Clone Wars series was canon☹️
    I mean Disney is producing the new season right now😶

    The CG series is canon, the good one is not.
  • DCDT wrote: »
    Cadoth wrote: »
    But... really?! I was entirely sure the Clone Wars series was canon☹️
    I mean Disney is producing the new season right now😶

    The CG series is canon, the good one is not.

    2008-2014 aka the good one is canon not the trash micro series.
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    I love how his voice lines have a few from the old Clone Wars cartoon and from the old Battlefront 2 as well. Clever little additions.

    And even though that series is no longer canon, it's still awesome! In my mind everything that isn't contradicted in the Clone Wars series, still is canon.
    But... really?! I was entirely sure the Clone Wars series was canon☹️
    I mean Disney is producing the new season right now😶

    Sorry, I'm late to responding here. And it seems this has already been answered sort of, but leading up to the release of Revenge of the Sith, Cartoon Network produced 20 three minute episodes of a cartoon detailing various things that went on during the Clone Wars. Then they produced 5 twelve minute episodes leading up to the very beginning of Revenge of the Sith.

    Overall, I thought it was incredible. But I suppose, like everything else, it has its detractors.

    The Clone Wars with Asokha and Captain Rex showed up in 2008. That is canon. And it is a big reason that the old 2 hours of cartoons is no longer canon.

    If you've never seen either, I recommend them both!


  • Hello, my name is Ethan, and about two weeks ago, I made a Google document on a revised Battlefront, it was a theoretical idea that I had about two months ago, I had started on paper and pen, and when all my ideas filled it up I went to Google docs to A: make my ideas known and get feedback, and B: since I ran out of space. I have already gotten my idea reviewed by a smaller Youtuber(25K Subscribers) by the name of FireGuyGaming, and in about a week it got 50K views and we got over 500 reviews in regards to feedback. I was wondering if you could do a review, on it. It is a work in progress, but I've got 35 pages done, and am currently working on game mechanics, hero ability descriptions, and more. I urge you at least take a look at it before you call me a spammer, or what not. I hope you do find the doc interesting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-06ulkQefx_RW6CA1nxF1WpEZ7by-20JNsTxRXlVCXI
  • esh2005 wrote: »

    Hello, my name is Ethan, and about two weeks ago, I made a Google document on a revised Battlefront, it was a theoretical idea that I had about two months ago, I had started on paper and pen, and when all my ideas filled it up I went to Google docs to A: make my ideas known and get feedback, and B: since I ran out of space. I have already gotten my idea reviewed by a smaller Youtuber(25K Subscribers) by the name of FireGuyGaming, and in about a week it got 50K views and we got over 500 reviews in regards to feedback. I was wondering if you could do a review, on it. It is a work in progress, but I've got 35 pages done, and am currently working on game mechanics, hero ability descriptions, and more. I urge you at least take a look at it before you call me a spammer, or what not. I hope you do find the doc interesting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-06ulkQefx_RW6CA1nxF1WpEZ7by-20JNsTxRXlVCXI


    I started reading it and it looks great, but this definitely deserves its own topic!
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Anakin, Rex, Padme, Cody
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Dooku, Jango
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • i am so hype General Grievous General Grievous General Grievous General Grievous General Grievous hell yeah love the prequels
  • JMaster
    1975 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    Cadoth wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    I love how his voice lines have a few from the old Clone Wars cartoon and from the old Battlefront 2 as well. Clever little additions.

    And even though that series is no longer canon, it's still awesome! In my mind everything that isn't contradicted in the Clone Wars series, still is canon.
    But... really?! I was entirely sure the Clone Wars series was canon☹️
    I mean Disney is producing the new season right now😶

    Sorry, I'm late to responding here. And it seems this has already been answered sort of, but leading up to the release of Revenge of the Sith, Cartoon Network produced 20 three minute episodes of a cartoon detailing various things that went on during the Clone Wars. Then they produced 5 twelve minute episodes leading up to the very beginning of Revenge of the Sith.

    Overall, I thought it was incredible. But I suppose, like everything else, it has its detractors.

    The Clone Wars with Asokha and Captain Rex showed up in 2008. That is canon. And it is a big reason that the old 2 hours of cartoons is no longer canon.

    If you've never seen either, I recommend them both!
    I vaguely remember watching it at a friend's house, and being blown away by the fights with Anakin and Asajj and- of course- General Grievous on Hypori. Sadly they've never re-mastered it or anything, despite easily being one of the most passionate and beautiful Star Wars media since the OT. I re-watched it on Youtube, but it's still unfortunate I have to hunt down a dvd over a decade old. 2008 show is completely canon, which is nice (sadly and *ironically* except for Grievous), but I hope the old one gets it's fair share of love. I especially like his line to Count Dooku while training with him, "Your Training has served me well, it has awarded me many trophies..."
    esh2005 wrote: »

    Hello, my name is Ethan, and about two weeks ago, I made a Google document on a revised Battlefront, it was a theoretical idea that I had about two months ago, I had started on paper and pen, and when all my ideas filled it up I went to Google docs to A: make my ideas known and get feedback, and B: since I ran out of space. I have already gotten my idea reviewed by a smaller Youtuber(25K Subscribers) by the name of FireGuyGaming, and in about a week it got 50K views and we got over 500 reviews in regards to feedback. I was wondering if you could do a review, on it. It is a work in progress, but I've got 35 pages done, and am currently working on game mechanics, hero ability descriptions, and more. I urge you at least take a look at it before you call me a spammer, or what not. I hope you do find the doc interesting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-06ulkQefx_RW6CA1nxF1WpEZ7by-20JNsTxRXlVCXI
    I'd very much like to see some of these in a forum post, you've got a heII of a lot to work with!
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Cadoth wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    I love how his voice lines have a few from the old Clone Wars cartoon and from the old Battlefront 2 as well. Clever little additions.

    And even though that series is no longer canon, it's still awesome! In my mind everything that isn't contradicted in the Clone Wars series, still is canon.
    But... really?! I was entirely sure the Clone Wars series was canon☹️
    I mean Disney is producing the new season right now😶

    Sorry, I'm late to responding here. And it seems this has already been answered sort of, but leading up to the release of Revenge of the Sith, Cartoon Network produced 20 three minute episodes of a cartoon detailing various things that went on during the Clone Wars. Then they produced 5 twelve minute episodes leading up to the very beginning of Revenge of the Sith.

    Overall, I thought it was incredible. But I suppose, like everything else, it has its detractors.

    The Clone Wars with Asokha and Captain Rex showed up in 2008. That is canon. And it is a big reason that the old 2 hours of cartoons is no longer canon.

    If you've never seen either, I recommend them both!

    OMG! I’m so sorry, I thought you were talking about the 2008 series in your first post while you were talking about the 2003 series😂
  • Are health starcards coming with Grievous on Tuesday?
  • ivo304 wrote: »
    Are health starcards coming with Grievous on Tuesday?

    Yep
  • Thank you. They are as important as Grievous himself. Gamechangers!
Sign In or Register to comment.