criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - General Grievous Update

Prev13
F8RGE
294 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 26
Incoming Transmission

It’s time for another Community Transmission and we’re here to talk about the General Grievous Update. The arrival of the leader of the Confederacy of Independent Systems’ droid army is imminent. General Grievous arrives into Star Wars™ Battlefront II on October 30th.

syqfgioizu5m.jpg

General Grievous
Trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku himself, you’ll be able to inspire fear in your enemies as you take control of the fearsome General Grievous.

The first time you use his Unrelenting Advance ability will certainly bring a smile to your face, as he equips all four lightsabers, with two spinning over his head, and towards his enemies.

As fearsome a warrior and tactician as General Grievous is, he’s also well known for some fan favourite quotes. With the likes of, “You are a bold one,” and, “Your screams are music to my audio-receptors,” arriving as emotes you’re not going to be short of options for unleashing a verbal barrage towards anyone in your way. It’s going to be a very nice moment when you’re engaged in combat with a Jedi and the voice line, “Temper, temper! You know where anger leads…” plays out.

General Grievous will cost 35,000 credits to purchase (and will not be available via crystals). He will also come with an additional appearance, “Battle Damaged”, which will be classified as Rare and cost 20,000 credits or 500 crystals.

Looking for more info on General Grievous, head over to the Community Transmission that details everything you need to know about the newest hero to enter the battlefront.

Squad System Improvements
The arrival last month of the Squad System has been well received amongst the community, and it’s reshaping the flow of battles across Galactic Assault.

In the Hotfix earlier this month, we made the change to restrict squad spawning to be Trooper-on-Trooper only. We’ve got additional changes coming next week, a lot of which was based on community feedback we’ve received.

The following rules will now be applied to the squad spawning system:
  • Troopers can spawn on Troopers
  • Troopers can spawn on Reinforcements
  • Troopers can spawn on Heroes (Exception being Boba Fett)
  • Reinforcements can spawn on Troopers
  • Reinforcements can spawn on Reinforcements
  • Reinforcements can spawn on Heroes (Exception being Boba Fett)
  • Heroes cannot spawn on anyone

Hero Health Star Cards
We will be replacing a selection of Hero Star Cards that have a very low usage and replace them with Health Star Cards. They will be broken up into two types of cards:

A generic “Health on Defeat” Star Card
This type of card is for Boba Fett, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Kylo Ren, and Darth Maul. When a hero defeats an enemy, they will regain a small portion of health.

A “Defeat with Ability” card
This type of card is for Chewbacca, Yoda, Finn, and Captain Phasma. When using one of these Star Cards, health will only be awarded if a specific ability was used to defeat the enemy.

We’ve heard your feedback and are looking forward to bringing the new cards to the Battlefront that will make heroes more fun and engaging to play.

You can read more about the changes coming to Hero Health Star Cards by checking out this Community Transmission.

N-1 Starfighter
The N-1 Starfighter or “Naboo Starfighter” is often regarded as one of the most beautiful ships in Star Wars. One of the key bits of feedback we’ve received with regards to the N-1 is that you wanted more opportunities to fly it.
Within the General Grievous Update, you’ll be able to show off your tricks as the N-1 arrives into Hero Starfighters as a grunt ship..

q2ola4uelsw7.png

Release Notes

NEW FEATURES
  • General Grievous will be playable from October 30th. Grievous comes with three abilities: Unrelenting Advance, Thrust Surge and Claw Rush. One alternative Battle-Damaged appearance is available to unlock.
  • The N-1 Starfighter has been added as a playable grunt ship on Hero Starfighters

QUALITY OF LIFE
  • Certain Hero Star Cards have been reworked to allow for better Health regeneration for different Heroes
  • Added a HUD widget that displays the status of the player's Squad members next to the mini-map

HERO HEALTH STAR CARD CHANGES
BOBA FETT
  • Old Star Card Name: Information Sharing
  • Old Star Card Effect: Reveal enemies to your allies for a part of its duration-
  • New Star Card Name: Bounty Claimed
  • New Star Card Description: Whenever Boba Fett defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

HAN SOLO
  • Old Star Card Name: Head Games
  • Old Star Card Effect: Scoring three headshot hits in a row without hitting any other body part will reset a part of all Han Solo's abilities recharge time.
  • New Star Card Name: A Good Blaster
  • New Star Card Description: Whenever Han Solo defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

LANDO CALRISSIAN
  • Old Star Card Name: In the Zone
  • Old Star Card Effect: Disabled overheat lasts longer when perfectly cooling the X-8 Night Sniper blaster.
  • New Star Card Name: Easy Wins
  • New Star Card Description: Whenever Lando Calrissian defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

KYLO REN
  • Old Star Card Name: Bloodletting Frenzy
  • Old Star Card Effect: While Kylo Ren's health is below 25% he will deal bonus damage with his lightsaber.
  • New Star Card Name: Frenzied
  • New Star Card Description: Whenever Kylo Ren defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

DARTH MAUL
  • Old Star Card Name: Frantic Strikes
  • Old Star Card Effect: Melee strikes will drain less stamina.
  • New Star Card Name: Wrathful
  • New Star Card Description: Whenever Darth Maul defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

CHEWBACCA
  • Old Star Card Name: Wookiee Beserker
  • Old Star Card Effect: Chewbacca's melee attacks are stronger and deal more damage.
  • New Star Card Name: Ground Breaking
  • New Star Card Description: Whenever an enemy trooper is defeated by CHARGE SLAM, Chewbacca regenerates twenty health. If it was an enemy hero, he regains even more.

YODA
  • Old Star Card Name: Master of The Force
  • Old Star Card Effect: When the UNLEASH radius is at maximum distance, unleashing it will deal bonus damage.
  • New Star Card Name: Release The Force
  • New Star Card Description: Whenever Yoda defeats an enemy trooper using UNLEASH, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

FINN
  • Old Star Card Name: All Together
  • Old Star Card Effect: The radius of UNDERCOVER TEAM is increased if two friendlies are affected.
  • New Star Card Name: Covert Leader
  • New Star Card Description: Whenever Finn defeats an enemy trooper while UNDERCOVER TEAM is active, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

CAPTAIN PHASMA
  • Old Star Card Name: Only Pawns
  • Old Star Card Effect: For every enemy Captain Phasma defeats with STAFF STRIKES its recharge rate will be increased for five seconds.
  • New Star Card Name: Beat Down
  • New Star Card Description: Whenever Captain Phasma defeats an enemy trooper with her STAFF STRIKES, she regains twenty health. Whenever she defeats an enemy hero, she regains even more.

CHANGES TO CLASSES AND SPECIAL UNITS
ENFORCER (WOOKIEE WARRIOR)
Made the below changes to the Wookiee Warrior Enforcer for better balancing:
  • Lowered the speed multiplier when zooming to match the one from the Death Trooper.
  • Reduced start and end damage per Bowcaster bolt.
  • Reduced base health from 350 to 320 points.

HERO CHANGES
BOSSK
  • Bossk's jump ability has been slightly adjusted for firmness.

KYLO REN
  • Added scoring to Kylo Ren's Pull ability and fixed an issue where using the ability on Hero characters would not track progress for the milestone "MAKE THEM COME TO YOU".

GAME MODE CHANGES
GALACTIC ASSAULT
  • In order to improve the flow on Galactic Assault - Naboo, the Attackers on Phase 2 need to override only one door to proceed.

EWOK HUNT
  • Fixed an issue with the Timed Challenge "HUTAR! HUTAR!" not tracking progression.

EXTRACTION
  • Fixed an issue where the positions of best players in the End-of-round screen would show up in an irregular order. The player with the highest score will now be in the middle, and the player with the 2nd highest score will be on the left.

HEROES VS VILLAINS
  • Fixed issues that allowed multiple players to spawn with the same Hero in Heroes Vs. Villains. Among other fixes, the "Change Character" button is now immediately unavailable after a death to prevent this.

BLAST
  • Reduced the size of players required to start a match of Blast from 10 to 8.

ARCADE CHANGES
STARFIGHTER CUSTOM ARCADE
  • Fixed an issue where the AI Starfighters would fly towards and remain stuck in out-of-bounds areas.

SQUAD SPAWN CHANGES
  • Adjusted the rules of spawning on squad members, so that Troopers and Specials can spawn on every character, except Boba. Heroes can spawn only on the Default spawn points.
  • A score event of 100 pts. has been added when a squad member spawns on the player.
  • Fixed an issue where Assault-class icons would appear in empty squad member slots when viewing the spectator screen.
  • The occasional issue of the status of a squad mate being incorrectly displayed as available while selecting a class has been now resolved.
  • Fixed an issue in which players in a party of at least 4 members, would occasionally have no squad members to spawn on after a round transition.
  • The spawn countdown timer now reads as "Spawn available in" and is visible only through the Squad Spawn screen.

MATCHMAKING CHANGES
  • Improved the accuracy of being connected into a Clone Wars-era map, when selecting the Clone Wars - matchmaking tile.

MAP CHANGES
KAMINO
  • Fixed some collision issues on Kamino that would allow players to hide with Boba Fett in a location from where nobody could reach or shoot him.

STARKILLER BASE
  • Fixed an issue with invisible collision on Starkiller Base.

VEHICLE CHANGES
  • Fixed an issue where an upgraded "Repair System" Star Card would not accurately accelerate health regeneration on Han Solo's and Lando's Millennium Falcons.

LANDO'S MILLENNIUM FALCON
  • Fixed an issue where the "Elite Pilot" Star Card, would not increase the turn speed for Lando's Millenium Falcon.
  • Fixed an issue where Lando's Millennium Falcon would occasionally not receive damage when attacked from behind.

GENERAL CHANGES/MISC
  • The layout of the Hero selection grid on Heroes Vs. Villains, Hero Showdown and Hero Starfighters has been revised to make room for the addition of new characters.
  • Fixed an issue where the Hero Details screen would not display the fourth Ability for Iden's TIE Fighter and Poe's T-70 X-Wing.
  • Fixed some rare rendering issues (exploding character meshes) noticed when playing on PC.
  • Fixed an issue where the appearance screen UI would occasionally show up in-game, if the player pressed a combination of buttons right after deploying in the game.
  • Fixed a spelling error on the description of Palpatine's "Lighting Reach" Star Card.
  • "FIRST ORDER AT-ST" is now capitalized in the Collection tab to be consistent with all vehicle names.
  • Fixed an issue where the description for the in-game store crystal packs would not be translated in all supported languages.
  • Fixed an issue where the in-game milestone pop-up would occasionally not get triggered when the user completes a Timed Challenge.
  • Updated the description of the Timed Challenge "With A Strong Hand" to fit with the challenge's progress requirements.
  • Fixed an issue where the game's sound would occasionally cut abruptly during gameplay and remain inactive until the game was restarted.

TEAM SIZE
  • Implemented a limit in the difference of team sizes before a mode can start. This way, a mode cannot start with an unbalanced size in teams.

The maximum difference in team sizes are:
  • Galactic Assault: 4
  • Starfighter Assault: 2
  • Strike: 2
  • Blast: 2
  • Extraction: 2
  • Hero Modes already require even team sizes.

KNOWN ISSUES
  • An issue has occurred where the selected heroes are not always highlighted on the deploy screen when playing Heroes Vs. Villains or Hero Showdown. The issue is being investigated and expected to be fixed at a later update.

Punch It





Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

  • Anything fixed on the private matches issue?
  • Supino
    53 posts Member
    edited October 26
    Nice! Can you elaborate better on the "Reduced start and end damage per Bowcaster bolt" Wookie Warrior change? I know you probably had a big light side win rate on the reinforcement battle point event because of the Wookie Warrior. Thanks in advance!
    Post edited by Supino on
  • WOW removing over riding both doors on Naboo to just one on Phase 2 will be a BIG difference. Not sure if that's for better or worse

    For better, for sure. This phase is one of the worst if the attacking team isn't decent or their villains decide not to push.
  • Looks: AWESOME!!! AWESOME !!!! AWESOME !!!
  • Thanks
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • EOR Match Making is still not working. It just throws you out of a full server into empty lobbies. Please turn it off and at least respond to all the posts from the community complaining about this. Your silence is deafening and this is a game breaking system.
  • Anyone else bummed about the loss of Boba's info sharing card? I always have that one equipped! Way better ones they could've gotten rid of to add the bounty claim card.
  • So if you’re adding more slots for HvV SA, then that means.......
  • JayJedi wrote: »
    Will the Arcade bug be fixed where you select "Play Again" causes your next round to start the first character in the character select screen? (it doesn't let you select what class or hero you want to use if selecting Play Again from the end of an Arcade round)

    And the AI in Jabba's Palace is broken since the September update
  • No actual hero changes besides HoK cards?
  • When will blocking & shooting on the ground be,fixed or is it an intended feature
  • Not a fan of that naboo change. Making it way too easy for the attackers on phase 2.
  • Drevlinlek wrote: »
    Not a fan of that naboo change. Making it way too easy for the attackers on phase 2.

    The clones already had it easy enough. Yoda finn & wookies
  • Was hoping to see the ability to turn off squad spawn on myself for those times I just wanna go at it solo.
    #infantrylivesmatter

    ggef7ygw22dp.gif
  • Not sure I like the ability for reinforcements to spawn on heroes....
  • ...no, I'm sure. I don't like it.
  • I still wish that the Republic ARC Trooper would be put in either as a Sentinel class, or to replace the Wookiee as the Republic Enforcer because a Wookiee would only be on Kashyyyk...
  • JayJedi wrote: »
    Will the Arcade bug be fixed where you select "Play Again" causes your next round to start the first character in the character select screen? (it doesn't let you select what class or hero you want to use if selecting Play Again from the end of an Arcade round)

    And the AI in Jabba's Palace is broken since the September update

    even if we don't get new aracde content atm, they should at least fix the most important arcade bugs.
  • Grievous, hero health cards, and wookie nerf (long long overdue). Amazing update!!
  • love the squad system changes hopefully I can actually spawn on people more often now as it feels awful in its current state.
  • JayJedi wrote: »
    Will the Arcade bug be fixed where you select "Play Again" causes your next round to start the first character in the character select screen? (it doesn't let you select what class or hero you want to use if selecting Play Again from the end of an Arcade round)

    THIS is the worst of the Arcade issues @F8RGE
    #VestedinVesti #InTrydlingWeTrust #DennistheDefinitive #BettingonBen
    BFForumsSig_2.png
  • Goomas
    69 posts Member
    edited October 26
    WOW removing over riding both doors on Naboo to just one on Phase 2 will be a BIG difference. Not sure if that's for better or worse

    I have found those East and West door control battles to be quite fun. I have racked up lots of points there especially when the sides are balanced pretty well. Oh well, at least the massive battles in the Throne Room are going to come along faster now! And those I REALLY like!
  • Cool...when is Luke's Star Cards not sticking going to be fixed?
  • Can wait for WW Nerf , should have been done a long time ago.
  • Still no fix for Takodana? STILL see Boba hiding every round
  • New_Roosterman
    334 posts Member
    edited October 26
    MATCHMAKING CHANGES

    Improved the accuracy of being connected into a Clone Wars-era map, when selecting the Clone Wars - matchmaking tile.

    Great, so you've left the crappy EOR Matchmaking unchanged despite a massive amount of criticism of it. Bleedin' typical :|

    Just amazes me you ask for feedback, yet when it doesn't jibe with what you and the Devs want you just ignore it.
  • ARGON4UT wrote: »
    Anyone else bummed about the loss of Boba's info sharing card? I always have that one equipped! Way better ones they could've gotten rid of to add the bounty claim card.

    Im pretty sure I heard that his “For the Hunt” ability is being changed so that enemies are revealed to all your teammates any way instead of just Boba Fett.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission

    It’s time for another Community Transmission and we’re here to talk about the General Grievous Update. The arrival of the leader of the Confederacy of Independent Systems’ droid army is imminent. General Grievous arrives into Star Wars™ Battlefront II on October 30th.

    syqfgioizu5m.jpg

    General Grievous
    Trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku himself, you’ll be able to inspire fear in your enemies as you take control of the fearsome General Grievous.

    The first time you use his Unrelenting Advance ability will certainly bring a smile to your face, as he equips all four lightsabers, with two spinning over his head, and towards his enemies.

    As fearsome a warrior and tactician as General Grievous is, he’s also well known for some fan favourite quotes. With the likes of, “You are a bold one,” and, “Your screams are music to my audio-receptors,” arriving as emotes you’re not going to be short of options for unleashing a verbal barrage towards anyone in your way. It’s going to be a very nice moment when you’re engaged in combat with a Jedi and the voice line, “Temper, temper! You know where anger leads…” plays out.

    General Grievous will cost 35,000 credits to purchase (and will not be available via crystals). He will also come with an additional appearance, “Battle Damaged”, which will be classified as Rare and cost 20,000 credits or 500 crystals.

    Looking for more info on General Grievous, head over to the Community Transmission that details everything you need to know about the newest hero to enter the battlefront.

    Squad System Improvements
    The arrival last month of the Squad System has been well received amongst the community, and it’s reshaping the flow of battles across Galactic Assault.

    In the Hotfix earlier this month, we made the change to restrict squad spawning to be Trooper-on-Trooper only. We’ve got additional changes coming next week, a lot of which was based on community feedback we’ve received.

    The following rules will now be applied to the squad spawning system:
    • Troopers can spawn on Troopers
    • Troopers can spawn on Reinforcements
    • Troopers can spawn on Heroes (Exception being Boba Fett)
    • Reinforcements can spawn on Troopers
    • Reinforcements can spawn on Reinforcements
    • Reinforcements can spawn on Heroes (Exception being Boba Fett)
    • Heroes cannot spawn on anyone

    Hero Health Star Cards
    We will be replacing a selection of Hero Star Cards that have a very low usage and replace them with Health Star Cards. They will be broken up into two types of cards:

    A generic “Health on Defeat” Star Card
    This type of card is for Boba Fett, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Kylo Ren, and Darth Maul. When a hero defeats an enemy, they will regain a small portion of health.

    A “Defeat with Ability” card
    This type of card is for Chewbacca, Yoda, Finn, and Captain Phasma. When using one of these Star Cards, health will only be awarded if a specific ability was used to defeat the enemy.

    We’ve heard your feedback and are looking forward to bringing the new cards to the Battlefront that will make heroes more fun and engaging to play.

    You can read more about the changes coming to Hero Health Star Cards by checking out this Community Transmission.

    N-1 Starfighter
    The N-1 Starfighter or “Naboo Starfighter” is often regarded as one of the most beautiful ships in Star Wars. One of the key bits of feedback we’ve received with regards to the N-1 is that you wanted more opportunities to fly it.
    Within the General Grievous Update, you’ll be able to show off your tricks as the N-1 arrives into Hero Starfighters as a grunt ship..

    q2ola4uelsw7.png

    Release Notes

    NEW FEATURES
    • General Grievous will be playable from October 30th. Grievous comes with three abilities: Unrelenting Advance, Thrust Surge and Claw Rush. One alternative Battle-Damaged appearance is available to unlock.
    • The N-1 Starfighter has been added as a playable grunt ship on Hero Starfighters

    QUALITY OF LIFE
    • Certain Hero Star Cards have been reworked to allow for better Health regeneration for different Heroes
    • Added a HUD widget that displays the status of the player's Squad members next to the mini-map

    HERO HEALTH STAR CARD CHANGES
    BOBA FETT
    • Old Star Card Name: Information Sharing
    • Old Star Card Effect: Reveal enemies to your allies for a part of its duration-
    • New Star Card Name: Bounty Claimed
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Boba Fett defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    HAN SOLO
    • Old Star Card Name: Head Games
    • Old Star Card Effect: Scoring three headshot hits in a row without hitting any other body part will reset a part of all Han Solo's abilities recharge time.
    • New Star Card Name: A Good Blaster
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Han Solo defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    LANDO CALRISSIAN
    • Old Star Card Name: In the Zone
    • Old Star Card Effect: Disabled overheat lasts longer when perfectly cooling the X-8 Night Sniper blaster.
    • New Star Card Name: Easy Wins
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Lando Calrissian defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    KYLO REN
    • Old Star Card Name: Bloodletting Frenzy
    • Old Star Card Effect: While Kylo Ren's health is below 25% he will deal bonus damage with his lightsaber.
    • New Star Card Name: Frenzied
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Kylo Ren defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    DARTH MAUL
    • Old Star Card Name: Frantic Strikes
    • Old Star Card Effect: Melee strikes will drain less stamina.
    • New Star Card Name: Wrathful
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Darth Maul defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    CHEWBACCA
    • Old Star Card Name: Wookiee Beserker
    • Old Star Card Effect: Chewbacca's melee attacks are stronger and deal more damage.
    • New Star Card Name: Ground Breaking
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever an enemy trooper is defeated by CHARGE SLAM, Chewbacca regenerates twenty health. If it was an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    YODA
    • Old Star Card Name: Master of The Force
    • Old Star Card Effect: When the UNLEASH radius is at maximum distance, unleashing it will deal bonus damage.
    • New Star Card Name: Release The Force
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Yoda defeats an enemy trooper using UNLEASH, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    FINN
    • Old Star Card Name: All Together
    • Old Star Card Effect: The radius of UNDERCOVER TEAM is increased if two friendlies are affected.
    • New Star Card Name: Covert Leader
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Finn defeats an enemy trooper while UNDERCOVER TEAM is active, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    CAPTAIN PHASMA
    • Old Star Card Name: Only Pawns
    • Old Star Card Effect: For every enemy Captain Phasma defeats with STAFF STRIKES its recharge rate will be increased for five seconds.
    • New Star Card Name: Beat Down
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Captain Phasma defeats an enemy trooper with her STAFF STRIKES, she regains twenty health. Whenever she defeats an enemy hero, she regains even more.

    CHANGES TO CLASSES AND SPECIAL UNITS
    ENFORCER (WOOKIEE WARRIOR)
    Made the below changes to the Wookiee Warrior Enforcer for better balancing:
    • Lowered the speed multiplier when zooming to match the one from the Death Trooper.
    • Reduced start and end damage per Bowcaster bolt.
    • Reduced base health from 350 to 320 points.

    HERO CHANGES
    BOSSK
    • Bossk's jump ability has been slightly adjusted for firmness.

    KYLO REN
    • Added scoring to Kylo Ren's Pull ability and fixed an issue where using the ability on Hero characters would not track progress for the milestone "MAKE THEM COME TO YOU".

    GAME MODE CHANGES
    GALACTIC ASSAULT
    • In order to improve the flow on Galactic Assault - Naboo, the Attackers on Phase 2 need to override only one door to proceed.

    EWOK HUNT
    • Fixed an issue with the Timed Challenge "HUTAR! HUTAR!" not tracking progression.

    EXTRACTION
    • Fixed an issue where the positions of best players in the End-of-round screen would show up in an irregular order. The player with the highest score will now be in the middle, and the player with the 2nd highest score will be on the left.

    HEROES VS VILLAINS
    • Fixed issues that allowed multiple players to spawn with the same Hero in Heroes Vs. Villains. Among other fixes, the "Change Character" button is now immediately unavailable after a death to prevent this.

    BLAST
    • Reduced the size of players required to start a match of Blast from 10 to 8.

    ARCADE CHANGES
    STARFIGHTER CUSTOM ARCADE
    • Fixed an issue where the AI Starfighters would fly towards and remain stuck in out-of-bounds areas.

    SQUAD SPAWN CHANGES
    • Adjusted the rules of spawning on squad members, so that Troopers and Specials can spawn on every character, except Boba. Heroes can spawn only on the Default spawn points.
    • A score event of 100 pts. has been added when a squad member spawns on the player.
    • Fixed an issue where Assault-class icons would appear in empty squad member slots when viewing the spectator screen.
    • The occasional issue of the status of a squad mate being incorrectly displayed as available while selecting a class has been now resolved.
    • Fixed an issue in which players in a party of at least 4 members, would occasionally have no squad members to spawn on after a round transition.
    • The spawn countdown timer now reads as "Spawn available in" and is visible only through the Squad Spawn screen.

    MATCHMAKING CHANGES
    • Improved the accuracy of being connected into a Clone Wars-era map, when selecting the Clone Wars - matchmaking tile.

    MAP CHANGES
    KAMINO
    • Fixed some collision issues on Kamino that would allow players to hide with Boba Fett in a location from where nobody could reach or shoot him.

    STARKILLER BASE
    • Fixed an issue with invisible collision on Starkiller Base.

    VEHICLE CHANGES
    • Fixed an issue where an upgraded "Repair System" Star Card would not accurately accelerate health regeneration on Han Solo's and Lando's Millennium Falcons.

    LANDO'S MILLENNIUM FALCON
    • Fixed an issue where the "Elite Pilot" Star Card, would not increase the turn speed for Lando's Millenium Falcon.
    • Fixed an issue where Lando's Millennium Falcon would occasionally not receive damage when attacked from behind.

    GENERAL CHANGES/MISC
    • The layout of the Hero selection grid on Heroes Vs. Villains, Hero Showdown and Hero Starfighters has been revised to make room for the addition of new characters.
    • Fixed an issue where the Hero Details screen would not display the fourth Ability for Iden's TIE Fighter and Poe's T-70 X-Wing.
    • Fixed some rare rendering issues (exploding character meshes) noticed when playing on PC.
    • Fixed an issue where the appearance screen UI would occasionally show up in-game, if the player pressed a combination of buttons right after deploying in the game.
    • Fixed a spelling error on the description of Palpatine's "Lighting Reach" Star Card.
    • "FIRST ORDER AT-ST" is now capitalized in the Collection tab to be consistent with all vehicle names.
    • Fixed an issue where the description for the in-game store crystal packs would not be translated in all supported languages.
    • Fixed an issue where the in-game milestone pop-up would occasionally not get triggered when the user completes a Timed Challenge.
    • Updated the description of the Timed Challenge "With A Strong Hand" to fit with the challenge's progress requirements.
    • Fixed an issue where the game's sound would occasionally cut abruptly during gameplay and remain inactive until the game was restarted.

    TEAM SIZE
    • Implemented a limit in the difference of team sizes before a mode can start. This way, a mode cannot start with an unbalanced size in teams.

    The maximum difference in team sizes are:
    • Galactic Assault: 4
    • Starfighter Assault: 2
    • Strike: 2
    • Blast: 2
    • Extraction: 2
    • Hero Modes already require even team sizes.

    KNOWN ISSUES
    • An issue has occurred where the selected heroes are not always highlighted on the deploy screen when playing Heroes Vs. Villains or Hero Showdown. The issue is being investigated and expected to be fixed at a later update.

    Punch It





    Awesome news! Really looking forward to this update! :smiley:

    I have some questions about bug fixes as well as a few gameplay concerns, though. Maybe I missed them in the post, but:
    • What about flying the N-1 Starfighter in Custom Arcade?
    • What about squad focused bonus points earned for squadmates working together (actions like assisting, playing the objective, etc.)?
    • Or adding indicators to the Score Board to identify which players are in which squad together?
    • What about fixing the auto-spawn bug in Multiplayer and Arcade?
    • Or restoring the missing pause menu out-of-focus effect?
    • Or fixing the bug where the Continuous Music option doesn't work in all game modes?
    • Or fixing the bug where Hero animations don't trigger when selecting them at the pre-round screen?
    • Or fixing the bug where the "match is already over..." notification is displayed after a match instead of the player's end of round stats, progression and score?
    • Or fixing the disappearing cockpits in Custom Arcade?
    • Or adding the missing Tag Attacker function to console controller starfighter controls, and allowing the lightsaber ignition key to be remapped on keyboards?
    • Or fixing the sound bug on the PC version where audio completely cuts out?

    Any news on these?

    @F8RGE
    "All wings report in."
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission

    It’s time for another Community Transmission and we’re here to talk about the General Grievous Update. The arrival of the leader of the Confederacy of Independent Systems’ droid army is imminent. General Grievous arrives into Star Wars™ Battlefront II on October 30th.

    syqfgioizu5m.jpg

    General Grievous
    Trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku himself, you’ll be able to inspire fear in your enemies as you take control of the fearsome General Grievous.

    The first time you use his Unrelenting Advance ability will certainly bring a smile to your face, as he equips all four lightsabers, with two spinning over his head, and towards his enemies.

    As fearsome a warrior and tactician as General Grievous is, he’s also well known for some fan favourite quotes. With the likes of, “You are a bold one,” and, “Your screams are music to my audio-receptors,” arriving as emotes you’re not going to be short of options for unleashing a verbal barrage towards anyone in your way. It’s going to be a very nice moment when you’re engaged in combat with a Jedi and the voice line, “Temper, temper! You know where anger leads…” plays out.

    General Grievous will cost 35,000 credits to purchase (and will not be available via crystals). He will also come with an additional appearance, “Battle Damaged”, which will be classified as Rare and cost 20,000 credits or 500 crystals.

    Looking for more info on General Grievous, head over to the Community Transmission that details everything you need to know about the newest hero to enter the battlefront.

    Squad System Improvements
    The arrival last month of the Squad System has been well received amongst the community, and it’s reshaping the flow of battles across Galactic Assault.

    In the Hotfix earlier this month, we made the change to restrict squad spawning to be Trooper-on-Trooper only. We’ve got additional changes coming next week, a lot of which was based on community feedback we’ve received.

    The following rules will now be applied to the squad spawning system:
    • Troopers can spawn on Troopers
    • Troopers can spawn on Reinforcements
    • Troopers can spawn on Heroes (Exception being Boba Fett)
    • Reinforcements can spawn on Troopers
    • Reinforcements can spawn on Reinforcements
    • Reinforcements can spawn on Heroes (Exception being Boba Fett)
    • Heroes cannot spawn on anyone

    Hero Health Star Cards
    We will be replacing a selection of Hero Star Cards that have a very low usage and replace them with Health Star Cards. They will be broken up into two types of cards:

    A generic “Health on Defeat” Star Card
    This type of card is for Boba Fett, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Kylo Ren, and Darth Maul. When a hero defeats an enemy, they will regain a small portion of health.

    A “Defeat with Ability” card
    This type of card is for Chewbacca, Yoda, Finn, and Captain Phasma. When using one of these Star Cards, health will only be awarded if a specific ability was used to defeat the enemy.

    We’ve heard your feedback and are looking forward to bringing the new cards to the Battlefront that will make heroes more fun and engaging to play.

    You can read more about the changes coming to Hero Health Star Cards by checking out this Community Transmission.

    N-1 Starfighter
    The N-1 Starfighter or “Naboo Starfighter” is often regarded as one of the most beautiful ships in Star Wars. One of the key bits of feedback we’ve received with regards to the N-1 is that you wanted more opportunities to fly it.
    Within the General Grievous Update, you’ll be able to show off your tricks as the N-1 arrives into Hero Starfighters as a grunt ship..

    q2ola4uelsw7.png

    Release Notes

    NEW FEATURES
    • General Grievous will be playable from October 30th. Grievous comes with three abilities: Unrelenting Advance, Thrust Surge and Claw Rush. One alternative Battle-Damaged appearance is available to unlock.
    • The N-1 Starfighter has been added as a playable grunt ship on Hero Starfighters

    QUALITY OF LIFE
    • Certain Hero Star Cards have been reworked to allow for better Health regeneration for different Heroes
    • Added a HUD widget that displays the status of the player's Squad members next to the mini-map

    HERO HEALTH STAR CARD CHANGES
    BOBA FETT
    • Old Star Card Name: Information Sharing
    • Old Star Card Effect: Reveal enemies to your allies for a part of its duration-
    • New Star Card Name: Bounty Claimed
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Boba Fett defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    HAN SOLO
    • Old Star Card Name: Head Games
    • Old Star Card Effect: Scoring three headshot hits in a row without hitting any other body part will reset a part of all Han Solo's abilities recharge time.
    • New Star Card Name: A Good Blaster
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Han Solo defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    LANDO CALRISSIAN
    • Old Star Card Name: In the Zone
    • Old Star Card Effect: Disabled overheat lasts longer when perfectly cooling the X-8 Night Sniper blaster.
    • New Star Card Name: Easy Wins
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Lando Calrissian defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    KYLO REN
    • Old Star Card Name: Bloodletting Frenzy
    • Old Star Card Effect: While Kylo Ren's health is below 25% he will deal bonus damage with his lightsaber.
    • New Star Card Name: Frenzied
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Kylo Ren defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    DARTH MAUL
    • Old Star Card Name: Frantic Strikes
    • Old Star Card Effect: Melee strikes will drain less stamina.
    • New Star Card Name: Wrathful
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Darth Maul defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    CHEWBACCA
    • Old Star Card Name: Wookiee Beserker
    • Old Star Card Effect: Chewbacca's melee attacks are stronger and deal more damage.
    • New Star Card Name: Ground Breaking
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever an enemy trooper is defeated by CHARGE SLAM, Chewbacca regenerates twenty health. If it was an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    YODA
    • Old Star Card Name: Master of The Force
    • Old Star Card Effect: When the UNLEASH radius is at maximum distance, unleashing it will deal bonus damage.
    • New Star Card Name: Release The Force
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Yoda defeats an enemy trooper using UNLEASH, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    FINN
    • Old Star Card Name: All Together
    • Old Star Card Effect: The radius of UNDERCOVER TEAM is increased if two friendlies are affected.
    • New Star Card Name: Covert Leader
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Finn defeats an enemy trooper while UNDERCOVER TEAM is active, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

    CAPTAIN PHASMA
    • Old Star Card Name: Only Pawns
    • Old Star Card Effect: For every enemy Captain Phasma defeats with STAFF STRIKES its recharge rate will be increased for five seconds.
    • New Star Card Name: Beat Down
    • New Star Card Description: Whenever Captain Phasma defeats an enemy trooper with her STAFF STRIKES, she regains twenty health. Whenever she defeats an enemy hero, she regains even more.

    CHANGES TO CLASSES AND SPECIAL UNITS
    ENFORCER (WOOKIEE WARRIOR)
    Made the below changes to the Wookiee Warrior Enforcer for better balancing:
    • Lowered the speed multiplier when zooming to match the one from the Death Trooper.
    • Reduced start and end damage per Bowcaster bolt.
    • Reduced base health from 350 to 320 points.

    HERO CHANGES
    BOSSK
    • Bossk's jump ability has been slightly adjusted for firmness.

    KYLO REN
    • Added scoring to Kylo Ren's Pull ability and fixed an issue where using the ability on Hero characters would not track progress for the milestone "MAKE THEM COME TO YOU".

    GAME MODE CHANGES
    GALACTIC ASSAULT
    • In order to improve the flow on Galactic Assault - Naboo, the Attackers on Phase 2 need to override only one door to proceed.

    EWOK HUNT
    • Fixed an issue with the Timed Challenge "HUTAR! HUTAR!" not tracking progression.

    EXTRACTION
    • Fixed an issue where the positions of best players in the End-of-round screen would show up in an irregular order. The player with the highest score will now be in the middle, and the player with the 2nd highest score will be on the left.

    HEROES VS VILLAINS
    • Fixed issues that allowed multiple players to spawn with the same Hero in Heroes Vs. Villains. Among other fixes, the "Change Character" button is now immediately unavailable after a death to prevent this.

    BLAST
    • Reduced the size of players required to start a match of Blast from 10 to 8.

    ARCADE CHANGES
    STARFIGHTER CUSTOM ARCADE
    • Fixed an issue where the AI Starfighters would fly towards and remain stuck in out-of-bounds areas.

    SQUAD SPAWN CHANGES
    • Adjusted the rules of spawning on squad members, so that Troopers and Specials can spawn on every character, except Boba. Heroes can spawn only on the Default spawn points.
    • A score event of 100 pts. has been added when a squad member spawns on the player.
    • Fixed an issue where Assault-class icons would appear in empty squad member slots when viewing the spectator screen.
    • The occasional issue of the status of a squad mate being incorrectly displayed as available while selecting a class has been now resolved.
    • Fixed an issue in which players in a party of at least 4 members, would occasionally have no squad members to spawn on after a round transition.
    • The spawn countdown timer now reads as "Spawn available in" and is visible only through the Squad Spawn screen.

    MATCHMAKING CHANGES
    • Improved the accuracy of being connected into a Clone Wars-era map, when selecting the Clone Wars - matchmaking tile.

    MAP CHANGES
    KAMINO
    • Fixed some collision issues on Kamino that would allow players to hide with Boba Fett in a location from where nobody could reach or shoot him.

    STARKILLER BASE
    • Fixed an issue with invisible collision on Starkiller Base.

    VEHICLE CHANGES
    • Fixed an issue where an upgraded "Repair System" Star Card would not accurately accelerate health regeneration on Han Solo's and Lando's Millennium Falcons.

    LANDO'S MILLENNIUM FALCON
    • Fixed an issue where the "Elite Pilot" Star Card, would not increase the turn speed for Lando's Millenium Falcon.
    • Fixed an issue where Lando's Millennium Falcon would occasionally not receive damage when attacked from behind.

    GENERAL CHANGES/MISC
    • The layout of the Hero selection grid on Heroes Vs. Villains, Hero Showdown and Hero Starfighters has been revised to make room for the addition of new characters.
    • Fixed an issue where the Hero Details screen would not display the fourth Ability for Iden's TIE Fighter and Poe's T-70 X-Wing.
    • Fixed some rare rendering issues (exploding character meshes) noticed when playing on PC.
    • Fixed an issue where the appearance screen UI would occasionally show up in-game, if the player pressed a combination of buttons right after deploying in the game.
    • Fixed a spelling error on the description of Palpatine's "Lighting Reach" Star Card.
    • "FIRST ORDER AT-ST" is now capitalized in the Collection tab to be consistent with all vehicle names.
    • Fixed an issue where the description for the in-game store crystal packs would not be translated in all supported languages.
    • Fixed an issue where the in-game milestone pop-up would occasionally not get triggered when the user completes a Timed Challenge.
    • Updated the description of the Timed Challenge "With A Strong Hand" to fit with the challenge's progress requirements.
    • Fixed an issue where the game's sound would occasionally cut abruptly during gameplay and remain inactive until the game was restarted.

    TEAM SIZE
    • Implemented a limit in the difference of team sizes before a mode can start. This way, a mode cannot start with an unbalanced size in teams.

    The maximum difference in team sizes are:
    • Galactic Assault: 4
    • Starfighter Assault: 2
    • Strike: 2
    • Blast: 2
    • Extraction: 2
    • Hero Modes already require even team sizes.

    KNOWN ISSUES
    • An issue has occurred where the selected heroes are not always highlighted on the deploy screen when playing Heroes Vs. Villains or Hero Showdown. The issue is being investigated and expected to be fixed at a later update.

    Punch It





    Awesome news! Really looking forward to this update! :smiley:

    I have some questions about bug fixes as well as a few gameplay concerns, though. Maybe I missed them in the post, but:
    • What about flying the N-1 Starfighter in Custom Arcade?
    • What about squad focused bonus points earned for squadmates working together (actions like assisting, playing the objective, etc.)?
    • Or adding indicators to the Score Board to identify which players are in which squad together?
    • What about fixing the auto-spawn bug in Multiplayer and Arcade?
    • Or restoring the missing pause menu out-of-focus effect?
    • Or fixing the bug where the Continuous Music option doesn't work in all game modes?
    • Or fixing the bug where Hero animations don't trigger when selecting them at the pre-round screen?
    • Or fixing the bug where the "match is already over..." notification is displayed after a match instead of the player's end of round stats, progression and score?
    • Or fixing the disappearing cockpits in Custom Arcade?
    • Or adding the missing Tag Attacker function to console controller starfighter controls, and allowing the lightsaber ignition key to be remapped on keyboards?
    • Or fixing the sound bug on the PC version where audio completely cuts out?

    Any news on these?

    @F8RGE

    Your last one was touched upon in the transmission. Quote, "Fixed an issue where the game's sound would occasionally cut abruptly during gameplay and remain inactive until the game was restarted."
    PSN: DarthTindalus
    I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.
  • SneakyXBasterd
    8 posts Member
    edited October 27
    "Fixed an issue where the game's sound would occasionally cut abruptly during gameplay and remain inactive until the game was restarted."

    Holy moly boys!

    Edited to remove swearing. Let's watch the language, please. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • DarthTindalus
    159 posts Member
    edited October 27
    "Fixed an issue where the game's sound would occasionally cut abruptly during gameplay and remain inactive until the game was restarted."

    Holy moly boys!

    Edited to remove swearing. Let's watch the language, please. - EA_Cian

    I play on PS4, but I can imagine how much of a pain that glitch is. Glad to see it's finally getting fixed for all the PC players.
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    PSN: DarthTindalus
    I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.
  • SVEJ
    890 posts Member
    Where's the Health Stacking/Buffing thing at? you mentioned it and are working on it in a previous transmission but no word on it in this update?
  • Many thanks! Finally! I think this is the best patch ever made for this game. We'll done to the devs and @F8RGE!
  • Still no fix for the users who only get Empty lobbies all the time. Only been 4 months now. Thanks for nothing.
  • Great news!
  • Crap. Was hoping they’d finally remove matchmaking.
  • F8RGE
    294 posts EA Community Manager
    TheScape wrote: »
    WOW removing over riding both doors on Naboo to just one on Phase 2 will be a BIG difference. Not sure if that's for better or worse

    For better, for sure. This phase is one of the worst if the attacking team isn't decent or their villains decide not to push.

    This is our thinking too. It's a phase that's really easy to defend against and even throwing more and more bodies at it, you aren't guaranteed to break through.

    Our aim is to improve the overall flow of the map, which should see some better phase 3 action taking place.
  • F8RGE
    294 posts EA Community Manager
    SVEJ wrote: »
    Where's the Health Stacking/Buffing thing at? you mentioned it and are working on it in a previous transmission but no word on it in this update?

    @SVEJ just in case you miss it in another thread. We took care of this in the October hotfix, around the middle of the month.
  • The maximum difference in team sizes are:

    Galactic Assault: 4
    Starfighter Assault: 2
    Strike: 2
    Blast: 2
    Extraction: 2
    Hero Modes already require even team sizes.

    In GA, one team having 4 more players than the other is still a serious mismatch.
    In an objective mode, simple player number mismatches like this can easily cause the attackers to fail. My feeling is the number should be brought down to no more than 2.
    This has been a glaring issue since day 1. The game consistently does not populate the numerically inferior team until well into the match (if it does at all).

    The best fix of all would be to keep the teams even from the get go.
    Logic and common sense here....
  • Seronax
    317 posts Member
    edited October 28
    F8RGE wrote: »

    N-1 Starfighter
    The N-1 Starfighter or “Naboo Starfighter” is often regarded as one of the most beautiful ships in Star Wars. One of the key bits of feedback we’ve received with regards to the N-1 is that you wanted more opportunities to fly it.
    Within the General Grievous Update, you’ll be able to show off your tricks as the N-1 arrives into Hero Starfighters as a grunt ship..

    q2ola4uelsw7.png

    Wonderfull, so u make it avaible the N1 in a mode which is completely dead? GJ :D Arcade? or as an enforcer? or something else...some content to SA...REAL contet? impossible?
    Post edited by Seronax on
    8qbnofu0jcl1.gif
  • JoFlyaaah wrote: »
    I’d like to know why LUKE SKYWALKER has been neglected from any kind of updates for awhile now. THIS. IS. UNACCEPTABLE. Pretty much every other character gets updated before he does. And he rarely ever gets anything. Luke Skywalker was an ABSOLUTE BEAST in Battlefront 2015. I was excited to see where they’d take him in this game and I was severely dissapointed as Luke has become a MONUMENTAL DOWNGRADE of his former self in both the Last Jedi and THIS GAME!! His force powers have been adjusted but his damage is WEAK compared to other heroes and villains in the game. His force powers have been inconsistent in damage as well and he’s only had one skin and it’s been MONTHS. Where are all the LEGENDARY Luke Skywalker skins? He the most valuable and important character in all of Star Wars and he’s treated like garbage. GIVE US MORE LUKE SKINS. BUFF HIS DAMAGE UP. Make his force powers more consistent, MAKE THE REPULSE MORE POWERFUL, and that dash strike should be unblockable like Yodas and Rey’s are. Give us Jedi Master Luke with the robes with his GREEN LIGHTSABER. (Yeah I love using caps and I’m not going to stop ANYTIME SOON. You gotta get the point across I legit made an account just to write this comment alone and rant). We need this... give us
    the last Jedi skin when he was a force projection
    Pilot Luke skin with the Blue saber
    The Bespin Skin from ESB
    Give us the hooded Luke from Jabas palace
    The stormtrooper outfit Luke from the Death Star
    Give us the yellow jacket Luke from Yavin IV
    You could even throw the farm boy skin when he was square playing with spaceship toys and power converters. I DONT CARE.

    But ABSOLUTELY Give us the Jedi robe Luke from force awakens with the green saber. Definitely the most badass skin of Luke ever. We need that, that’s not even a question.
    GIVE ME MORE LUKE SKINS. I’ve sat back and watched as BUMS like Bossk and or Phasma have gotten upgraded into like GI Joe stealth soldiers and LUKE SKYWALKER is ignored like a homeless veteran on the street. WTF? Who’s idea was this? And why has it been allowed to carry this far into the games life span?
    Where the **** are all these skins Dice are you serious??? He made Star Wars what it is today and you dare neglect LUKE SKYWALKER in his own game? That is a disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourselves for letting it go this long without Luke getting any kind buff update.

    We had to sit through the CHARACTER ASSASINATION of LUKE SKYWALKER in the last Jedi. He deserves better in this game. The least you can do is focus on Luke MORE than you have been. You’d be doing yourself a MASSIVE disservice by not making Luke Skywalker a better if not the BEST hero in the game. Please and thank you. P.S. you BETTER give Anakin Skywalker Justice or I will be back. This IS a promise.

    I gotta say I agree. I know DICE & EA are working hard 2 bring the Clone Wars the next few months, but I was hoping 4 new Legendary hero skins and definately a Luke. I dont play Luke as much as against other heroes he’s only ok. I do more damage as Han Solo or Rey. Yoda can heal people. All Luke does is push people around and people can easily block it. Push is harder 2 block as its quicker, but it both are similar. I REALLY want another Luke skin. I prefer his Bespin skin where he fights Darth Vader. If they do make Old Luke, they need to make Old Han and Leia. This would also make playing in the sequel era more realistic instead. But I agree, the lack of Luke skins, when he was main character of Star Wars 4 30 years is pretty sad. I want 2 see more outfits on people like Old Maul, battle damaged Vader, or Prototype Boba, but its sad Luke has been the main protagonist 4 30 years, he made Skywalker great, and he only has 2 skins. Han has a lot, so does Leia, Lando, Rey, but Luke has 2? If he had 2 outfits (like Yoda) I get that, but he has a lot throughout the movies and he has his default outfit & his Hoth outfit is reused.

    On a different note, I see some flaws with the update. 1st off, I use Phasma a lot and Im pretty good with her. I would NEVER use her staff attacks, so her health card 2 me is pointless. She’s best used as a hold the position character. Now you could stun people and trip them, but your rarely going to get a kill from her staff attacks. 2ndly, reinforcements on heroes might b a problem. If your going to kill a hero and then a reinforcement spawns, thats going to catch you off guard. Heroes might b better off soloing as most of them are too powerful anyways and if people can spawn on them, all you need is for Darth Vader to take an area and people can die and spawn right back. 3rd, Naboo. I kinda like it, kinda dont. I agree its 2 hard, but its mostly because of the turn in the hall. It forces you to get right in the room and people spam bombs. This makes it more of a team effort as the heroes must be divided, but the one win asures victory 4 that part. Its like on Kashyyyk the Villains has 2 destroy 1 tank instead of 2(phase 2). And that’s kinda easy 2 destroy just 1.
  • Haven wrote: »
    [R]einforcements on heroes might b a problem. If your going to kill a hero and then a reinforcement spawns, thats going to catch you off guard. Heroes might b better off soloing as most of them are too powerful anyways and if people can spawn on them, all you need is for Darth Vader to take an area and people can die and spawn right back.

    I think the "in combat" limitation will take care of this. If someone is dealing pretty significant damage to the hero in question, then no reinforcements will be able to spawn on him.

    PSN: DarthTindalus
    I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.
  • 'Added a HUD widget that displays the status of the player's Squad members next to the mini-map'

    I hope it's not too intrusive. In my experience, squad members usually scatter to the four winds, making what happens to them something that falls in my 'do not care' category. Occasionally, they stick close by, but if they do that, I don't need a widget to tell me if they're dead, in combat, injured, or what have you.
  • So if you’re adding more slots for HvV SA, then that means.......

    I hope this means that, makes sense for the other modes with the new heroes. Maybe it's for the N-1 being added and it would screw the the light side grunts if they didn't.
Sign In or Register to comment.