criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HvV bull

Seriously is it just me or does victory in a HvV match always go to the team with the most upgraded players? I keep getting matched with teams that do not have fully upgraded characters.

Replies

• Also why are the new targets constantly right next to enemy players? Shouldn’t they be a good distance away?
  • Don't do it to yourself. HvV without a premade is an unplayable mess. And the spawn system isn't doing it any favours either. Play Showdown instead.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • it makes sense that it would. Players who have grinded out the hours necessary to upgrade their characters are going to be better players for the most part. This shouldn't be surprising.
  • No, I had to start on a "new" account a few months ago due to a system change, and I was performing well in HvV immediately. I still have characters that have blues or even greens, and I can use them no problem with only a slight drop in effectiveness (e.g. if there are other experienced players on my team, they're more likely to score higher).

More likely, the players that have grinded out purples simply are more experienced and know the ropes better than those who haven't (smurf accounts aside). The cards themselves are only a very minor advantage.

Not having certain cards is more of an impediment in GA, heal cards in particular.
  • I feel matches go to teams who work together. As was mentioned, experienced players will have upgraded heroes and skills. But they will also play together, fighting whoever is closest as a unit. If your team all runs in different directions at the beginning of the match, may the force be with you.

Also, the targets are next to the enemy because the four enemies already decimated the rest of your team and the last man standing and fighting for his life suddenly gets chosen as the target. These are tough matches, but it does feel so good when your starting teammates quit, and guys who know what they're doing take over. The comeback feels wonderful.
  • Understand that, with a few exceptions, cards aren't that great.
    What those cards do represent is time. And time represents knowing the maps inside and out. And that IS an advantage.

I try to constantly stay on the move, picking off single targets so the numbers are almost always in our favor.
    What those cards do represent is time. And time represents knowing the maps inside and out. And that IS an advantage.

I try to constantly stay on the move, picking off single targets so the numbers are almost always in our favor.

Unless they got them by spending credits on upgrades in the old version, which a lot of them did. Thus, bypassing the current progression system and having an unfair advantage.

Unless they got them by spending credits on upgrades in the old version, which a lot of them did. Thus, bypassing the current progression system and having an unfair advantage.

We were the ones funded the game. Otherwise you are not even getting any new contents. Spend $100 to upgrade Boba's nuke back in the day.
  • bfloo
    12436 posts Member
    Understand that, with a few exceptions, cards aren't that great.

The current progression system is a lot faster, unless we won the rng lottery and got a blue card.

The crafting parts grind was just silly.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I agree. My main problem with HvV is that every single map (except starkiller base, the perfect HvV map) has an environmental hazard. Which is by far the stupidest thing to have in a gamemode where force users can simple use one ability and kill a target. Kashyyyk is the worst due to its abundance of death zones. Luke and maul are the worst offenders.
  • I agree. My main problem with HvV is that every single map (except starkiller base, the perfect HvV map) has an environmental hazard. Which is by far the stupidest thing to have in a gamemode where force users can simple use one ability and kill a target. Kashyyyk is the worst due to its abundance of death zones. Luke and maul are the worst offenders.

You can be pushed off the map on one side behind the mountains....just sayin’
    Regardless starkiller is my favorite by far in HvV

I can assure you I've maxed out cards on all my heroes yet still I suck at some of them
  • MechanicalMan
    38 posts Member
    edited October 14
    You’ve all got fair points, well made.
    I’ve been playing since the game was released, I’m certainly an average player and it’s pure hours spent that’s given me maxed out players and purple cards!
    The biggest advantage by far, is knowing the maps inside out. Which means any player, low or high level can win.
    Also certain heroes favour certain maps, I always play Bossk or Lando. On a closed map (Jabbas palace), Bossk is king. On the open maps (Starkikler base) not so much.
    I think it’s brilliant, it means there is no one hero that’s great at everything/every map.
    😁👍

Bingo
  • Cards dont really sway a battle too much save for maybe a couple cards in the entire game. Iv both kicked **** and had my **** kicked by hero's with no maxed out star cards. HvV comes down to one thing and one thing only, numbers. Which ever team is able to divide and conquer more efficiently WILL win, EVERY time. The hero system in this game isnt deep enough to handle 1v2' or 1v3's the way say, For Honor is. Every HvV match just comes down to which 4 heros are able to remain together longest. Thats the team that'll win, star cards be damned.