criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

To those that disliked Hero’s Unleashed

Prev13
Dash
11653 posts Member
edited October 2018
You’re not seeing the bigger piCture. It’s the Quintessential stress test for future endeavors. Love it or hate it, it needed to be experienced/done. I personally had fun. I saw more activity, populated games, fun chat and in game conversations, and it was a breath of much needed fresh air.

I do however wish for it to be its own entity/mode and keep GA the way it was. I prefer the mode with more Heroes to be called “HVV: Legion”.

And I do want everyone to know that Heroes are NOT the only important part of the game. Let’s not forget about the much needed Extraction maps, as well as the MUCH MUCH needed Trooper ONLY mode.

That’s my two cents on the matter. Feel free to chime in on the pros and cons. Hope you all had a fantastic weekend.

May the Force be with Us, Always. :blush:
Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Replies

• Dash
    11653 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Much appreciated, Dash.

And HvV: Legion would be a great name for it.

Thank you for the feedback brother. Hope you had a good weekend too. +1

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Its what Ga should have been the normal mode isn't fun along with a terrible battlepoint and hero system.
  • What I found frustrating was any objection that isn't a capture point (stand in the square) wasn't really played.
    8 heroes, 4 special units, 2 starfighters, 2 vehicles. That leaves 4 people maybe playing the objective? Everyone basically treating it as hero hunt. I really like teams that aggressively play the objective and this was a bad weekend for that.
    1st phase Hoth, Naboo, Crait were especially bad.
    I'm sure there were some heroes guarding missile launchers etc. but not many.
    Poorly designed choke points that were already a problem to take are even worse if 8 heroes get there first.
    Phase 2 Kashyyyk, phase 3 Kamino etc.

In a group of 6-10 friends it was a worse steamroll than usual.
    Solo que'ing was far less playing the objective than usual.

I will concede that if this were a permanent mode, there would eventually be more objective playing and less hero hunt, but that won't change some of the map designs that just aren't set up for attacking team to have much of a chance against 8 heroes.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Dash
    11653 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Pros:

Breath of fresh life into the mode.

Chance to evolve and improve one's playstyle.

Absolutely dominating the opposition with a premade that knows basics of hero sync

Stinger Pistol for primary point generation.

Stinger Pistol for kills.

Stinger Pistol for assists.

Stinger Pistol for securing kills.

Slaughtering overextending heroes that imagine R2R2R2 with a lightsaber solves all problems in the world.

Cons:

Scrubs have far too easy access to heroes, with 0 clue on simple concepts as "pushing" or "synergy"

Need more Recharge Officers :(

Losing defending side with the Lightside because *See point #1*

Finn's Big Deal evolved into The Biggest Deal of All in any given situation.

Outside of the premade, it was 50 - 50 whether or not you had people with a brain, or trying to work with the bottom of the barrel.

Generally far too chaotic.

I did see a few baddies playing, but they got the hang of heroes after a few tries. Was cool seeing them get better and better match after match though! :blush:
    Yeldarb wrote: »
    Its what Ga should have been the normal mode isn't fun along with a terrible battlepoint and hero system.

Was unique and interesting to see and experience :smile:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• KresusFIN wrote: »
    Pros:

Absolutely dominating the opposition with a premade that knows basics of hero sync

Slaughtering overextending heroes that imagine R2R2R2 with a lightsaber solves all problems in the world.

Cons:

Scrubs have far too easy access to heroes, with 0 clue on simple concepts as "pushing" or "synergy"

Outside of the premade, it was 50 - 50 whether or not you had people with a brain, or trying to work with the bottom of the barrel.

Well put. Although I might move this one to the Con list:
    "Absolutely dominating the opposition with a premade that knows basics of hero sync"

I do like to dominate, but it's a short lived fun that gets boring quickly for me.
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • I've really enjoyed it. I'd like to see a hero team death match on larger maps than blast but maybe not as large as galactic assault. This mode would ideally be the same as heroes unleashed but without objectives and possibly have more players. Please don't replace ga though just give us an extra mode
  • Dash wrote: »
    You’re not seeing the bigger piCture. It’s the Quintessential stress test for future endeavors. Love it or hate it, it needed to be experienced/done. I personally had fun. I saw more activity, populated games, fun chat and in game conversations, and it was a breath of much needed fresh air.

I do however wish for it to be its own entity/mode and keep GA the way it was. I prefer the mode with more Heroes to be called “HVV: Legion”.

And I do want everyone to know that Heroes are NOT the only important part of the game. Let’s not forget about the much needed Extraction maps, as well as the MUCH MUCH needed Trooper ONLY mode.

That’s my two cents on the matter. Feel free to chime in on the pros and cons. Hope you all had a fantastic weekend.

You're spot on here chief.
    Pros:

Cons:

"Absolutely dominating the opposition with a premade that knows basics of hero sync"

I do like to dominate, but it's a short lived fun that gets boring quickly for me.

One day, in a bright future, we will have matchmaking, and we will have esports tier matches!

...One day...

...Currently limited to my fantasies only :(

My own personal highlight was a Naboo Throne Room. We must've had atleast 15 minutes worth of overtime. But 90% of the team seemed to be genuinely going for it as best they could. Still lost, but I wasn't even remotely salty about that one in the slightest. As Attackers, that is.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Dash
    11653 posts Member
    Pros:

Cons:

One day, in a bright future, we will have matchmaking, and we will have esports tier matches!

...One day...

My own personal highlight was a Naboo Throne Room. We must've had atleast 15 minutes worth of overtime. But 90% of the team seemed to be genuinely going for it as best they could. Still lost, but I wasn't even remotely salty about that one in the slightest. As Attackers, that is.

We had the same brutal experience on Kamino. It was Glorious! I had a blast fighting through all the chaos! And Theed was an absolute pleasure as well. :sunglasses:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Pros:

Cons:

...One day...

I'm curious about the data that tells how many times the attackers won on maps like Naboo or Kamino. Can't say it's much unless there was a huge difference in balance.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Yeah, that was a fun stage in heroes unleashed.
    Probably because there are no vehicles or starfighters and anyone wanting to play hero hunt had no choice but to play in the objective circle.
  • I'm very surprised it lasted as long as it did TBH. Either we played really well, or they just didn't organize until later on. My experience has basically been 100% a case of: Lightside Defenders will always win, unless they're braindead.

I will not apologize for scoffing at someone picking Luke or say, Han as the 1st or 2nd, when, from a purely teamwork efficiency standpoint, it should always be Yoda, Finn and Rey.

..maybe I am a CIS tactical droid.... :thinking:

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• KingGio21
    345 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    How about HvV:Legion be an 8v8 hero only mode played on GA maps. The troopers will be AI and follow set paths and be on the highest difficulty. So basically imagine a Smite or Legaue of Legends type game mode where you have to capture objectives as heros and have AI infantry backing you up and opposing you. Idk how this event fared for the infantry since I’m on Xbox and can’t connect😔. But I assumed this Heros Unleashed event has anyone playing as infantry being cannon fodder for any group of heroes playing cooperatively. Thoughts??
  • KingGio21 wrote: »
    How about HvV:Legion be an 8v8

Now that could be frightening. But I'm going to suspect that it'd play out much the same like HvV does. Unless the heroes stick together to let the buffs affect everyone. Big Deal on 8 heroes = Literally melt stuff as it comes. Especially if the lightsabers make good plays with their combo deniers.

The reverse is also true. A smart team only fighting in the confines of Phasma's Droid could potentially see victory that way. No target system though. That should be dropped.

y6qvidach2x9.png

Thank you for this thread. I was counting on you to do this. I agree fully with all of your points.

I can’t believe how much fun this was. Completely unexpected. I experienced more collective teamwork and objective gameplay than I ever have I’m GA. The radar was key. It’s usefulness was a complete surprise. With so many heroes visible, the regular troopers dynamic gameplay effectiveness rose to new heights. Supporting or being supported, flanking, all of it was magnified with the big circles going at it on the radar. Where they went, so did the battle. It was like the Iron Mans and Thors supported by the Hawkeyes and Cpt. Americas. You could actually kill heroes consistently with troopers. Glorious is indeed the best word to describe it all.

The one con that I did notice was that the phase 1 ion rocket objectives(ATAT/MTT) we’re not supported very well. I suspect that was due to general habits of hero self preservation gameplay on those maps and that if this mode gets a full time spot, the tactics would begin to adjust.

I’ve always supported the trooper only large mode idea and with the unexpected enjoyment of this weekend, I can’t wait to try that out even more. They hit a homerun with this. A new mode, with more on the way I say. And I’ll keep saying it.
  • Now imagine this mode after Obi-Wan, Anakin, Dooku and Grievous are released :P

y6qvidach2x9.png

KingGio21 wrote: »
    How about HvV:Legion be an 8v8

Now that could be frightening. But I'm going to suspect that it'd play out much the same like HvV does. Unless the heroes stick together to let the buffs affect everyone. Big Deal on 8 heroes = Literally melt stuff as it comes. Especially if the lightsabers make good plays with their combo deniers.

The reverse is also true. A smart team only fighting in the confines of Phasma's Droid could potentially see victory that way. No target system though. That should be dropped.

Sorry I posted before I finished my idea. Check out the edited post for the full idea I was pitching.
    Scrubs can't learn if they never get the chance to try and fail. So, I'd include this in both the "con" & "pro" lists. :smile:

As for the arguments about groups dominating games with hero stacks, I'd argue that this is even more so the case in standard GA. Good players can get heroes fast, and lock down objectives as LS or make a DS hunting pack, with the less skilled opponent completely unable to answer with heroes of their own. However, what I've observed is that with cheap heroes, sometimes the other side manage to push with their own suicidal hero charge, create confusion or break up the group if but for a few seconds, and thus secure another round or even victory. Not often, for sure, but it's happened. That's a lot better, IMO, than practically never.
  • KingGio21 wrote: »
    How about HvV:Legion be an 8v8 hero only mode played on GA maps. The troopers will be AI and follow set paths and be on the highest difficulty. So basically imagine a Smite or Legaue of Legends type game mode where you have to capture objectives as heros and have AI infantry backing you up and opposing you. Idk how this event fared for the infantry since I’m on Xbox and can’t connect😔. But I assumed this Heros Unleashed event has anyone playing as infantry being cannon fodder for any group of heroes playing cooperatively. Thoughts??

No. Not cannon fodder at all. I was as surprised as you would have been. Sorry you’re having the connection issue, I’m on Xbox also and never have. In truth, it played out quite the opposite. Troopers were killing heroes in much greater numbers than ever because with all the circles on the radar, the heroes were preoccupied with each other. Don’t get me wrong you still died to heroes, but with tactical use of the radar the gameplay was just different. And much better.
  • They should add:
    • Hero Blast - 8v8 Blast, but with Heroes
    • HvV: Legion - a tweaked and improved version of the Heroes Unleashed GA event - large maps, some objective elements, maybe 16v16, spawn as troopers but heroes are cheap
    • Hero Hunt - 8v1, troopers hunting a hero, ideally I'd like to see this stay in one era (Clones hunting Grievous, Stormtroopers hunting Luke, etc)
    • Hero GA - as current non-event GA - hero limit of 2 then 4, Enforcer limit of 5, cross-era allowed
  • Dash
    11653 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    They should add:
    • HvV: Legion - a tweaked and improved version of the Heroes Unleashed GA event - large maps, some objective elements, maybe 16v16, spawn as troopers but heroes are cheap
    • Hero Hunt - 8v1, troopers hunting a hero, ideally I'd like to see this stay in one era (Clones hunting Grievous, Stormtroopers hunting Luke, etc)
    • Hero GA - as current non-event GA - hero limit of 2 then 4, Enforcer limit of 5, cross-era allowed

This. Now we’re talking. :sunglasses: +1

I wanted everyone to think outside the box just like @JackTHorn just did. That’s what I’m talking about! :blush:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• JackTHorn wrote: »
    They should add:
    You forgot GA with no heroes.
  • bfloo
    15978 posts Member
    They should add:

Then can we take the heroes and enforcers out of the infantry modes?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

They should add:
    You forgot GA with no heroes.
    bfloo wrote: »
    They should add:
    Then can we take the heroes and enforcers out of the infantry modes?
    Exactly. I'd hope that with some substantial and well-made additions to the roster of Hero modes, the way should then be clear for GA with a hero limit of 1 or 2, a large objective-oriented mode with no heroes, and some more maps for Extraction.

One lives in hope. =)
  • Or atleast give LightSide SOMETHING other than a wookie. Enforcers are effectively the "heroes" of trooper only modes atm.

y6qvidach2x9.png

Or atleast give LightSide SOMETHING other than a wookie. Enforcers are effectively the "heroes" of trooper only modes atm.
    There are several threads about replacing the Republic Wookiee with a Clone ARC Heavy Gunner or a Galactic Marine Commander. Or an ARC Trooper, if they aren't going to make a new reinforcement with ARC Troopers for the Republic. I'd love to see any of those.
  • Dash
    11653 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    We 100% need a mode dedicated to Troopers only without Reinforcements. That’s one.

The other Idea I had that I haven’t shared here yet is one mode id like someday, JUST Reinforcements Blast. So a “Blast: Siege” mode. But that would require them to add a few Reinforcements that haven’t made it into the game just yet.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

We 100% need a mode dedicated to Troopers only without Reinforcements. That’s one.

The other Idea I had that I haven’t shared here yet is one mode id like someday, JUST Reinforcements Blast. So a “Blast: Siege” mode. But that would require them to add a few Reinforcements that haven’t made it into the game just yet.
    Nice, I like it!

Reinforcement Blast could be a lot of fun.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Dash
    11653 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »

Reinforcement Blast could be a lot of fun.

Most definitely. :sunglasses:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

See! Another great idea for a new mode. I’m in.
  • d0kRX
    1464 posts Member
    Yes like a trooper only cargo mode or a drop zone mode.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Dash
    11653 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Yes like a trooper only cargo mode or a drop zone mode.

Drop Zone will Eternally be my favorite mode. Loved it to death. :sunglasses:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Much appreciated, Dash.

And HvV: Legion would be a great name for it.
    I completely agree.
    Nicky2face wrote: »
    I've really enjoyed it. I'd like to see a hero team death match on larger maps than blast but maybe not as large as galactic assault. This mode would ideally be the same as heroes unleashed but without objectives and possibly have more players. Please don't replace ga though just give us an extra mode

I agree to adding the new modes mentioned, except Hero Hunt, but that's more to do with me, and only getting one win because everyone else left. Also I don't want major changes to any of the modes, but am okay with similar modes with tweaks.
    Also maybe they could add Heroes vs Villains: Classic, which is just HvV from the first game (I partly want this because it will probably help with some challenges, like Finn's, Boba's, and Luke's).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • What I found frustrating was any objection that isn't a capture point (stand in the square) wasn't really played.
    8 heroes, 4 special units, 2 starfighters, 2 vehicles. That leaves 4 people maybe playing the objective? Everyone basically treating it as hero hunt. I really like teams that aggressively play the objective and this was a bad weekend for that.
    1st phase Hoth, Naboo, Crait were especially bad.
    I'm sure there were some heroes guarding missile launchers etc. but not many.
    Poorly designed choke points that were already a problem to take are even worse if 8 heroes get there first.
    Phase 2 Kashyyyk, phase 3 Kamino etc.

In a group of 6-10 friends it was a worse steamroll than usual.
    Solo que'ing was far less playing the objective than usual.

I will concede that if this were a permanent mode, there would eventually be more objective playing and less hero hunt, but that won't change some of the map designs that just aren't set up for attacking team to have much of a chance against 8 heroes.

Our team successfully destroyed the MTT on Theed and Kashyyyk during Heroes Unleashed. Too small of a sample size to make judgements like this.

But introduce a kill timer for this mode. So that people circulate heroes, and they do not just go to officers when on Theed, Kamino, etc where everyone spawns together. But this would be a fun mode. Like the name, too. What if you played ariel or enforcer instead of the base trooper classes for this?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Just realized some potential ambiguity in my post, so to clarify, keep classic GA, and troopers are very important.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Dash
    11653 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Or atleast give LightSide SOMETHING other than a wookie. Enforcers are effectively the "heroes" of trooper only modes atm.

The Light side could sure use:

Bothan Spies
    Republic Commandos
    Pilots
    Arc Troopers
    Gungans
    Ewoks

Seriously.

If you don’t +1 this, idk what else to say lol. :lol:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash
    11653 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »

Thank you for this thread. I was counting on you to do this. I agree fully with all of your points.

I can’t believe how much fun this was. Completely unexpected. I experienced more collective teamwork and objective gameplay than I ever have I’m GA. The radar was key. It’s usefulness was a complete surprise. With so many heroes visible, the regular troopers dynamic gameplay effectiveness rose to new heights. Supporting or being supported, flanking, all of it was magnified with the big circles going at it on the radar. Where they went, so did the battle. It was like the Iron Mans and Thors supported by the Hawkeyes and Cpt. Americas. You could actually kill heroes consistently with troopers. Glorious is indeed the best word to describe it all.

The one con that I did notice was that the phase 1 ion rocket objectives(ATAT/MTT) we’re not supported very well. I suspect that was due to general habits of hero self preservation gameplay on those maps and that if this mode gets a full time spot, the tactics would begin to adjust.

I’ve always supported the trooper only large mode idea and with the unexpected enjoyment of this weekend, I can’t wait to try that out even more. They hit a homerun with this. A new mode, with more on the way I say. And I’ll keep saying it.

Yeah I waited till everyone else had their posts up quickly day one to give a better look at it as a whole, after the entire weekend was up. It just seemed right to give it the full weekend before chiming in on it. :smiley:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I figured it might possibly be some sort of test for something potentially coming down the line. I enjoyed it at times, but over all, I didn't really care too much for it. It was a nice change of pace though. I wouldn't mind if it was made into it's own mode so I could "take a swim" on the rare occasion when the mood struck.
  • Signing up to be a "Legion" now!!

:o
  • Icedragon7897
    1964 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Blast, strike and extraction are trooper only...
    They should add:

+1. Yes these modes please
  • chewielovesu
    904 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    how about

Hero Betrayal Deathmatch

it's a Free for all Hero mode in a Royal Rumble Fashion

No Friends, No Alliances... only Death and Pain..

:o

trust-no-dne-assume-everyone-will-betray-you-and-you-34072921.png
  • Dash
    11653 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Blast, strike and extraction are trooper only...

They have Reinforcements. We’re saying Trooper classes Only.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif