criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Comment for Heroes Unleashed to return...soon

Replies

• Let's get an update, Devs! What are your thoughts? Which way are you leaning? When can we play this glorious mode again??

@F8RGE
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Ben tweeted that it would be returning in an upcoming weekend, my guess is the weekend of Nov 3rd
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Ben tweeted that it would be returning in an upcoming weekend, my guess is the weekend of Nov 3rd

Oh thank heavens! Thank you! That made my day!

I wish they would tell us soon which weekend. I have vacation time to use but I gotta plan for it in advance!

Oh thank heavens! Thank you! That made my day!

Great news! Thanks, still hoping for a permanent mode/replace the current rusty GA.
  • It deserves its own mode.

Oh I completely agree! But if they're offering a weekend right now, I'll take what I can get. Wife will just have to entertain herself for a few days.

Oh I completely agree! But if they're offering a weekend right now, I'll take what I can get. Wife will just have to entertain herself for a few days.

Nice. I still won’t stop until it’s permanent. I don’t want to wait for one weekend a month to have the most fun I’ve ever had in this game. Best thing... I got a promotion at work and now have weekends off. Bring on all weekend events!

Congrats on the promotion and having weekends off! That will make playing these events quite easy to manage.
  • Soon would be great.
  • When we getting this back???
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited October 23
    wonder how exciting it'd be 2nd time around? ...if you're new-ish to the game, probably...Maybe 4x a year Heroes Unleashed that'd get people back playing.

Hey, you know what would also get people back playing? - NEW MAPS AND BLASTERS Instead of chaotic hand-wringing weekends, maybe new content will also help this game stay relevant & get the stoke back!! #truthteller
    Post edited by univurshul on
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Comment
  • OOM19
    2661 posts Member
    That literally makes no sense. Why would people continue playing when what brought them there in the First place is taken away?

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • univurshul wrote: »
    wonder how exciting it'd be 2nd time around? ...if you're new-ish to the game, probably...Maybe 4x a year Heroes Unleashed that'd get people back playing.

Hey, you know what would also get people back playing? - NEW MAPS AND BLASTERS Instead of chaotic hand-wringing weekends, maybe new content will also help this game stay relevant & get the stoke back!! #truthteller

I agree with you that we need a lot more content. That won't change whether we add Heroes Unleashed as a permanent mode or not. But it's almost no work to add Heroes Unleashed considering it has already been implemented once.
  • Matches end way too fast now again... with 8v8 I only saw 1 lopsided match. Without I see them every 2 or 3 matches
    Certain locations are actually fought over now instead of just clear and sit around waiting for kashyyyk juggernauts to blow... trash

Everything is slow now. This game absolutely sucks nowadays. It could have been so much more. It's such a boring shooter now. F this game to the fullest. And I supported p2w era. I've never been so disappointed in a games handling ever
  • HvV_pro wrote: »
    Matches end way too fast now again... with 8v8 I only saw 1 lopsided match. Without I see them every 2 or 3 matches
    Certain locations are actually fought over now instead of just clear and sit around waiting for kashyyyk juggernauts to blow... trash

Everything is slow now. This game absolutely sucks nowadays. It could have been so much more. It's such a boring shooter now. F this game to the fullest. And I supported p2w era. I've never been so disappointed in a games handling ever

Or...we just have Heroes Unleashed as a permanent mode and everyone is happy?
  • HvV_pro wrote: »
    Matches end way too fast now again... with 8v8 I only saw 1 lopsided match. Without I see them every 2 or 3 matches

Or...we just have Heroes Unleashed as a permanent mode and everyone is happy?

That's my vote yes ...? Things were 100% better. Only the people who are bad or new. And can't handle the heat don't like 8v8. Fr
  • Can't believe I'm making one of these "comment for..." threads but I feel like it must be done.

So whether you want it to be permanent or just a regular special event, drop a comment to request Heroes Unleashed to be unleashed once again.

Personally, I think it should be permanent.

Yes! Frankly I'd love it to come back in early November, especially with the HOK cards. Heck, make a Heroes Unleashed week!
  • EA_Cian
    1082 posts EA Moderator
    Let's please try to stay on-topic here, please. :smile:

Some posts are getting a bit more into things unrelated to Heroes Unleashed as a mode and while sometimes conversations turns and split out into other subjects, let's also remember what we're here to comment on. :smile:
  • It was a lot of fun and plenty of people were playing it, just make it an additional option in the menu...

It's not rocket science.
  • It was a lot of fun and plenty of people were playing it, just make it an additional option in the menu...

It's not rocket science.

• Bump! Where is our Heroes Unleashed??
  • With the BP gain glitch becoming popular, it would make sense to switch on Heroes unleashed until DICE/EA can fix the problem.
  • I hope it comes back as it's own full fledged mode.

Was A LOT more fun to play than the regular GA.

But if it were back as it's own mode, I'd just make it into something that imitates hero blast.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: lID E F A L TIl⦘~ "Doing Hero Concept's every so often now!" ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Still waiting. This really is a no brainer here.
  • I was able to level up my heroes more during Heroes Unleashed than through playing HvV on Double XP weekend. The constant roulette game of "which hero do I get next?" is awesome, and yes, I'd like more of that please. I would like a permanent playlist for this mode but at the very least, I'd like it to come around more often than just once a month. Maybe for Christmas we can do a Heroes Unleashed AND Double XP Weekend at the same time. Throw all semblance of balance out the window for three days of blissful, beautiful chaos!
  • I suspect it will become its own permanent mode, but then again I suspected that Grievous would have a cape with one of his skins too. Technical issues prevented the cape. There are none preventing this. The work is already done. Get it in so we can move on the next game improving decision.
  • Weekend of December 21st-23rd please. Christmas present.
  • Weekend of December 21st-23rd please. Christmas present.

Make it a 365 day long weekend, please and thank you.
  • I suspect it will become its own permanent mode, but then again I suspected that Grievous would have a cape with one of his skins too. Technical issues prevented the cape. There are none preventing this. The work is already done. Get it in so we can move on the next game improving decision.

Assuming they plan to make it permanent. How long are they going to make us wait??
  • YES OwO <3
    Check out my skin idea for Palpatine:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117692/the-forgotten-skin-emperor-palpatine

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞

#LeiaOrgana
    4z1aaxrauk54.gif

• I dislike Heroes Unleashed.

"BOOOOOOO!" I know. Heroes are supposed to be special. They are the ones that can make or break a game, force a checkpoint, or hold an area down. Desperately trying to hold back the Rebels on the Death Star and seeing Palpatine or Vader stride past in order to deal with the insignificant Rebellion is great. I love the limited heroes on the battlefront.

But when it's Heroes Unleashed, they aren't special. 40 people playing and 16 of them are Heroes? That's 40%. Add in the vehicles, you can look to see that only 5 or 6 players are actual Troopers. It's punishing to be a regular trooper who has to hang back at the kid's table while the heroes go to work. Your choice is to hang back and provide fire support from afar, or rush in and die. "I kill 57 heroes all the time without dying during Heroes Unleashed." Good for you.

"It's a lot more fun than regular old Galactic Assault." Of course it is. It's new. But like the shiny new blaster, it'll eventually get, well, less shiny, and then we have another separation of player base as some people stick with the Galactic Assault and some (let's be honest, most) switch over to Heroes vs Villains Prime. Over time, as people adapt to it, it'll have it's own little quirks and people will settle into routines. Flaws will be pointed out, tactics will be improved upon. It'll be just another game mode.

DICE, please don't make Heroes Unleashed into a game mode. Please don't even allow it once a month. Keep it special by keeping it rare. Heck, piece it out sometimes. Find some way to put one or two heroes into the smaller game types like Extraction or Strike. It's great, as long as it doesn't happen all the time. Remember the first time you got behind the wheel of a car?

TL:DR; DICE, keep Heroes Unleashed special by keeping it rare. Very Rare.

"BOOOOOOO!" I know. Heroes are supposed to be special. They are the ones that can make or break a game, force a checkpoint, or hold an area down. Desperately trying to hold back the Rebels on the Death Star and seeing Palpatine or Vader stride past in order to deal with the insignificant Rebellion is great. I love the limited heroes on the battlefront.

But when it's Heroes Unleashed, they aren't special. 40 people playing and 16 of them are Heroes? That's 40%. Add in the vehicles, you can look to see that only 5 or 6 players are actual Troopers. It's punishing to be a regular trooper who has to hang back at the kid's table while the heroes go to work. Your choice is to hang back and provide fire support from afar, or rush in and die. "I kill 57 heroes all the time without dying during Heroes Unleashed." Good for you.

"It's a lot more fun than regular old Galactic Assault." Of course it is. It's new. But like the shiny new blaster, it'll eventually get, well, less shiny, and then we have another separation of player base as some people stick with the Galactic Assault and some (let's be honest, most) switch over to Heroes vs Villains Prime. Over time, as people adapt to it, it'll have it's own little quirks and people will settle into routines. Flaws will be pointed out, tactics will be improved upon. It'll be just another game mode.

DICE, please don't make Heroes Unleashed into a game mode. Please don't even allow it once a month. Keep it special by keeping it rare. Heck, piece it out sometimes. Find some way to put one or two heroes into the smaller game types like Extraction or Strike. It's great, as long as it doesn't happen all the time. Remember the first time you got behind the wheel of a car?

I disagree. Heroes Unleashed is like a beefed up chaotic version of the BF2015 HvV which I had enjoyed quite a bit. I also quite enjoy being only 1 of 5 troopers, running around, ticking people off, spamming melee and stinger pistol. That will never get old. It's hilarious, exciting and fun. Each round gives new possibilities. A round never seemed to go the same way. Chokepoints were more fun. Playing objectives were more fun. Playing hero roulette every now and then was more fun. Heroes played harder because there wasn't a fear of loss since you could easily grab another hero. It was the HvV I had always dreamed of.

However, let's just assume it will get stale. Who cares? If it's a separate mode, it can just fizzle out. No harm, no foul.
  • Nah I didn't care for it. But with the new hero mechanics I wouldn't mind seeing a return of hero hunt from bf15... just use those smaller maps or make an incentive for the hero so he isn't just running the whole time. Like 100 kills before he dies and he wins and a new hero is selected or something.
  • It looks like its "I like GA but wish it had more heroes" versus "I like GA but wish it had no heroes"

For me, have GA/HU and GA as different modes. Or, make GA/HU permanent and make Strike larger. I see Strike what many want GA to be. (and so would I) Unleashed is my only opportunity to get experience because HvV is too boring or broken (with idle players).

Blah, Blah, Blah, I get wrecked by Heroes and can't go on a streak longer than 5 on em. NO!

Terrible Idea, how about you go and play the regular boring GA, sit in an empty lobby of ewok hunt, or thumb around in trashpack cargo, whatever it is you do, and everyone else can go have fun again on this game in our own playlist. The poll put out shows a clear plurality wan't the mode, even the downers had to suck it up and select the "temporary basis" option simply because it'd be too obvious of a troll to say they hated it. Only those who absolutely get wrecked by, and despise Heroes selected that option, and they can go play blast as a remedy.

Everyone literally wins, you can have your regular boring old GA and those who wan't some Variety can go play Heroes Unleashed. Oh, wait, it was never about that. It's almost like you wan't us to be miserable with you. The same "it gets stale over time" analogy you used can literally be turned on the regular GA. This smells like nothing more than a case of misery loving company essentially, and I'm sick of it. Theres literally no good reason you, or anyone else can come up with as to why this shouldn't be its own mode. Don't like it? Don't play it. Simple as that. Don't be a crab in a bucket, as the metaphor goes.
  • RubyOx wrote: »
    It looks like its "I like GA but wish it had more heroes" versus "I like GA but wish it had no heroes"

For me, have GA/HU and GA as different modes. Or, make GA/HU permanent and make Strike larger. I see Strike what many want GA to be. (and so would I) Unleashed is my only opportunity to get experience because HvV is too boring or broken (with idle players).

You don't have to explain to me why you hate or can't play HvV. I only play it when a new hero is released and I want to level them up faster. Heroes Unleashed should be a permanent separate mode. Anyone that dislikes it can continue to play Galactic Assault. But Heroes Unleashed should have been the hero mode from launch. In fact, I would recommend increasing the necessary BP's to get a hero in Galactic Assault (making it more trooper focused) and also add Heroes Unleashed. Both sides of the hero coin win.

Blah, Blah, Blah, I get wrecked by Heroes and can't go on a streak longer than 5 on em. NO!

Terrible Idea, how about you go and play the regular boring GA, sit in an empty lobby of ewok hunt, or thumb around in trashpack cargo, whatever it is you do, and everyone else can go have fun again on this game in our own playlist. The poll put out shows a clear plurality wan't the mode, even the downers had to suck it up and select the "temporary basis" option simply because it'd be too obvious of a troll to say they hated it. Only those who absolutely get wrecked by, and despise Heroes selected that option, and they can go play blast as a remedy.

Everyone literally wins, you can have your regular boring old GA and those who wan't some Variety can go play Heroes Unleashed. Oh, wait, it was never about that. It's almost like you wan't us to be miserable with you. The same "it gets stale over time" analogy you used can literally be turned on the regular GA. This smells like nothing more than a case of misery loving company essentially, and I'm sick of it. Theres literally no good reason you, or anyone else can come up with as to why this shouldn't be its own mode. Don't like it? Don't play it. Simple as that. Don't be a crab in a bucket, as the metaphor goes.

I agree with your harsh reality check. There is literally no downside to making Heroes Unleashed permanent. The only reason I can think a player wouldn't want it added as a separate mode (besides misery loves company) is that they deep down they fear that all the players will go to Heroes Unleashed and GA servers will die. This would be a selfish and entitled excuse to avoid adding HU. If all the players abandon all game modes because everyone wants to play HU, that tells you something. If HU fizzles out and the servers die, who cares if you still have your prescious GA?

@KnightActual don't try to spin our request around that we're the bad players looking for an easy way out. We are the Star Wars fans that love playing as heroes mixed in with troopers (like BF2015), objectives, Enforcers and vehicles. I enjoy the total chaos, and as a good player, I admit that performing consistently well is actually more difficult in Heroes Unleashed. I'll put my money where my mouth is anytime; you can find me on Xbox.
  • Bump, where is Heroes Unleashed?
  • Love heroes unleashed. Anyone know if we're getting an HU event in December?

Bump, where is Heroes Unleashed?

I’m starting to get concerned. Maybe even doubtful. If they can’t or won’t make a separate playlist for a four map rotation, my confidence that they’ll do it for HU is diminishing.

MAKE HU ITS OWN SEPARATE MODE! True hero mains will be there. Many others will too. Like you said, win/win, across the board. I really hope this is one ball they don’t drop.
  • Terrible Idea, how about you go and play the regular boring GA, sit in an empty lobby of ewok hunt, or thumb around in trashpack cargo, whatever it is you do, and everyone else can go have fun again on this game in our own playlist. The poll put out shows a clear plurality wan't the mode, even the downers had to suck it up and select the "temporary basis" option simply because it'd be too obvious of a troll to say they hated it. Only those who absolutely get wrecked by, and despise Heroes selected that option, and they can go play blast as a remedy.

Uhh, dang son. Are you okay, Abyss?

Bump, where is Heroes Unleashed?

I’m starting to get concerned. Maybe even doubtful. If they can’t or won’t make a separate playlist for a four map rotation, my confidence that they’ll do it for HU is diminishing.

MAKE HU ITS OWN SEPARATE MODE! True hero mains will be there. Many others will too. Like you said, win/win, across the board. I really hope this is one ball they don’t drop.

I would play it forever. Until the servers die, hopefully years from now. I probably wouldn't even bother with HvV for Dooku or Anakin. I would be happy with the slower grind in Heroes Unleashed.

So...where is it?
  • Woohoo! 3 more days of glory in December!
  • Woohoo! 3 more days of glory in December!

Actually six days of glory. There's two HU events in December. So stoked OMG!
  • Thats not enough, why are they beating around the bush and not making this it's own mode? Annoying. But hey I'll take it.
  • OcDoc
    449 posts Member
    Comment.

I am in, let’s do it!