criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battlefront II: less Battlefront 2 and more Battlefield

Zyder
113 posts Member
I think that's the point why this game is failing: devs are trying to satisfy Battlefront people by using elements from Battelfront I and Battlefront 2.

i.e. do we really need to roll being troopers? It should be only for reinforcements and heroes, imo. Its weird seeing a B1 rolling.

Battlefront should be less BF2 2005 and more actual Battlefield. I would like to see environment destruction, not just trees going down in Endor. The map should change as happens in BF1 i.e.

Maybe adding a Medic class, like reviving teammates? Spawn system lacks everywhere and when u die you have to spawn too far from action. And what about vehicles with more than 1 person? And more power to them? Literally every weapon of the game can destroy a vehicle. That's not fair. The republic gunship can be taken down by a simple Heavy in a couple of seconds; the AAT mostly same.

This is just a personal review of what I think Battlefront has to become. What do you think?

Replies

  • OOM19
    2657 posts Member
    Zyder wrote: »

    Maybe adding a Medic class, like reviving teammates? Spawn system lacks everywhere and when u die you have to spawn too far from action. And what about vehicles with more than 1 person? And more power to them? Literally every weapon of the game can destroy a vehicle. That's not fair. The republic gunship can be taken down by a simple Heavy in a couple of seconds; the AAT mostly same.

    That's all anyone was asking for when they said and before they said they were adding classes. To add the Medic class now would essentially be rewriting the entire game and require a ton of new changes, it just can't happen now.

    BECAUSE DICE WANTS TO BE AND ALWAYS BE F A N C Y WITH THEIR C O N C E P T G A M E P L A Y
    Zyder wrote: »
    I think that's the point why this game is failing: devs are trying to satisfy Battlefront people by using elements from Battelfront I and Battlefront 2.

    i.e. do we really need to roll being troopers? It should be only for reinforcements and heroes, imo. Its weird seeing a B1 rolling.

    You can't take a defensive mechanic from players that the game has been balanced around already. Doing so will offset the balance.
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Yeah I'm in that camp. I think everyone got a case of the "Member Berries" for SWBF1 and SWBF2 for the O.G. Star Wars Battlefronts
    k5hoxx9qkplu.jpg

    I was always kind of hoping for a professionally done version of the Battlefield 1942 Star Wars MOD . DICE does Battlefield very well.

    DICE making Battlefield is Michael Jordan Playing Basketball

    DICE making Battlefront is Michael Jordan Playing Baseball.

    They should have stuck with makes them incredible. These past two versions of Battlefront have just been swings and misses.
  • DrX2345
    2879 posts Member
    Why would you take away rolling from troopers? It's been there since the start, and tbh in most cases won't even save you, but at least you can die doing a cool heroic combat roll instead of just standing there taking fire like a goon.
    And while I'm not saying I disagree that a Star Wars Battlefield game would be very cool, trooper oriented, with Star Wars weapons, gadgets, vehicles, locations and factions but the core gameplay of Battlefield, I think the reason they didn't do that is that Battlefront has always been a somewhat more casual friendly game in that it's easier than Battlefield to just pick up and play, if you don't know the maps and POIs super well it's not the end of the world and you don't have to monitor your regen limit, ammo, remaining gadgets etc. Perhaps they should change this? I'm not sure, I think it would probably be well received by the people who play this game mainly because it's a shooter with the fact that it's Star Wars as a bonus rather than the people who play because it's Star Wars,which I'd guess is probably most of the players.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • You mean majorly overhauling the entire game?
    No thanks, not at all.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • @DrX2345 Sadly Battlefield by DICE is a more casual friendly game than Battlefront by DICE. The level of hate messages I've received in SWBF1 and SWBF2 is scary how toxic they get. As a long time Battlefield player I've never got anything close to those types of hate messages. Battlefield has always been a tight community where you made friends from strangers and always looked forward to playing together... as a unit. This video kind of sums that up better than I can


    So as a fan of Battlefield and a long time Super Fan of Star Wars I (& we) kind of hoped those two similar I.P. elements would be put together in Battlefronts which sadly they havent.

    There is a player we play with on Battlefield that is never on mic, never has massive kill streaks, but is always at the top of the leaderboard with one trait. He (or she) runs around as a Support spamming smoke grenades, throwing ammo pouches, and running with a repair tool fixing vehicles. Seriously they look like the Smoke Monster from LOST chucking ammo and fixing tanks. One match they almost got top score without a single kill.

    It's sad that two entities that bring together so many people globally ... one a game... one a beloved sci-fi verse ... can not be combined together to make an epic game. Especially since the rights to Star Wars is with EA for the near future. I just wish EA and Disney would just allow the natural marriage of I.P.'s happen and make this game happen.

    Seriously for another example... you never see this in Battlefront... but it happens in Battlefield a lot. It's my best arguement that Battlefield is far more casual and friendly than Battlefront
    Best Friendly Enemies
  • DrX2345
    2879 posts Member
    @BoothStick I see what you're saying - I'm very new as a Battlefield fan, I don't think I even had a console when it came out or possibly I'd only had it a few months, but in any case the Battlefield V beta was pretty much my first experience with the franchise, so in the community aspect I can't really say anything, but to add to my initial comment, I think Battlefront and Battlefield have just traditionally had differing styles of gameplay and there are things that are in one franchise that aren't in the other and vice versa. Should more elements of Battlefield be brought into Battlefront? Perhaps. Will that actually happen? Perhaps.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Well @DrX2345 if this essentially your 1st Battlefield enjoy... alot of mechanics that drove us crazy in previousversions are finally gone in BFV ... suppression is visual only now and doesnt effect your aim... 3D spotting spam is gone... just alot of improved mechanics.

    Also PSA/Pro Tip... dont skip revives. Nothing triggers me more than when I'm fighting to revive a downed team mate and they're mashing skip revive... I'm coming for you... I'm fighting for you... dont give up. Then *Poof* they're gone into the spawn menu, and now I'm fighting for my own life. Also you want to make friends... be a "Hacksaw Ridge Medic"... you start reviving players like crazy ... friend requests will come in more than you can possibly imaging.

    Happy Hunting... also if you're used to 3rd person shooters bump your FOV to 80. See around you better, but background elements look a little further away. It's a fair trade off. Once you get your sensitivity dialed in you'll be in cruise control
  • rollind24
    4695 posts Member
    edited October 10
    The only thing I want to transfer from battlefield is the squad system or some modes. I see people bring up the reviving mechanic and I’m a big no thanks to that
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Dash
    11041 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Battlefield is Battlefield.
    Battlefront is Battlefront.

    People play either for specific reasons, not because “One is like the other”. Play the game you prefer because it’s better for You, Not because you hope one day it becomes a clone of another game you prefer more. :neutral:

    As for me personally, I play Battlefront specifically because it’s NOT Battlefield. Just my two cents.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif




  • Absolutely not. No thanks.

    3rd person suits this game perfectly and the focus that puts on character models reminds me of playing with my Star Wars toys.

    Keep it it's own thing.
  • bfloo
    12436 posts Member
    BoothStick wrote: »
    @DrX2345 Sadly Battlefield by DICE is a more casual friendly game than Battlefront by DICE. The level of hate messages I've received in SWBF1 and SWBF2 is scary how toxic they get. As a long time Battlefield player I've never got anything close to those types of hate messages. Battlefield has always been a tight community where you made friends from strangers and always looked forward to playing together... as a unit. This video kind of sums that up better than I can


    So as a fan of Battlefield and a long time Super Fan of Star Wars I (& we) kind of hoped those two similar I.P. elements would be put together in Battlefronts which sadly they havent.

    There is a player we play with on Battlefield that is never on mic, never has massive kill streaks, but is always at the top of the leaderboard with one trait. He (or she) runs around as a Support spamming smoke grenades, throwing ammo pouches, and running with a repair tool fixing vehicles. Seriously they look like the Smoke Monster from LOST chucking ammo and fixing tanks. One match they almost got top score without a single kill.

    It's sad that two entities that bring together so many people globally ... one a game... one a beloved sci-fi verse ... can not be combined together to make an epic game. Especially since the rights to Star Wars is with EA for the near future. I just wish EA and Disney would just allow the natural marriage of I.P.'s happen and make this game happen.

    Seriously for another example... you never see this in Battlefront... but it happens in Battlefield a lot. It's my best arguement that Battlefield is far more casual and friendly than Battlefront
    Best Friendly Enemies

    You get more toxic messages in battlefront because it is more casual, not less. In battlefield they just get payback, not take the time to whine in a dm.
    It is funny when a squad mate get frustrated with an enemy sniper, tries to counter snipe and gets destroyed. I have dropped all to watch this and wish I had a laugh emote.

    Your specialist friend is playing his class correctly and not kill farming. I do the same with the medic class.

    The dream is still a Star Wars skinned Battlefield.

    Imagine if we didn't get battlefront 2 or BFV, but got Star Wars Battlefield instead done right :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Rather not have two game series that are the same thing in a different skin.

    Battlefront and Battlefield I both enjoy playing exactly because they're quite different. If they were the same, I'd just pick the aesthetic I liked more and not bother with spending money on the other one.
  • Dash wrote: »
    Battlefield is Battlefield.
    Battlefront is Battlefront.

    People play either for specific reasons, not because “One is like the other”. Play the game you prefer because it’s better for You, Not because you hope one day it becomes a clone of another game you prefer more. :neutral:

    As for me personally, I play Battlefront specifically because it’s NOT Battlefield. Just my two cents.

    Battlefield is Battlefield
    Battlefront is Star Wars and thus always open to reinvention and new interpretation.
    The people who played BF in 2015 where on this forum hoping for a Hero based game one day and they got it.
    This is exactly the same thing, you can't help hoping for a Star Wars game more suited to your tastes because it's Star Wars, a universal concept rather than a fixed style of game. Just look at all the different versions of Battlefront theres been over the years, other than the third person perspective all the games are vastly different. A Battlefield-esque game could well be next.
    For me personally, I play Battlefront because I love Star Wars.
  • vivaladavidoff
    250 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Rather not have two game series that are the same thing in a different skin.

    Battlefront and Battlefield I both enjoy playing exactly because they're quite different. If they were the same, I'd just pick the aesthetic I liked more and not bother with spending money on the other one.

    Easy, the Star Wars version. The idea of landing a LAAT with your squad on a Battlefield style Geonosis map.
    The sheer amount of blasters available and having a Naboo or Coruscant street fight (picture Amiens but with Star Wars skin) with a Star Destroyer Behemoth raining down from above!
    I think I'd actually keep the third person option (I quite like the clone customisation) and the roll, but that's it, for me that is just gaming perfection.

    [Edited language]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • Yeah we had it... Star Wars MOD for Battlefield... I know the Graphics are dated... but it's 15 years old. You could pilot or drive anything. So much fun, just wish AAA Dev team would attempt to do it professionally.
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    Yeah we had it... Star Wars MOD for Battlefield... I know the Graphics are dated... but it's 15 years old. You could pilot or drive anything. So much fun, just wish AAA Dev team would attempt to do it professionally.

    Haha this would be incredible, just having an open map would be amazing can you imagine how the Frostbite engine would make Coruscant look, proper street to street combat, oh baby!
    I got that 'Bloodlines' book you recommended, it does sound good. I'm gonna start it after I finish my John Connolly novel.
  • Oh yeah @vivaladavidoff there was no more fun tension than piloting an escape pod towards an enemy Capitol Ship to board it and then fight it out inside of it... so many fun memories. They used the Submarine Mechanics from BF1942 for Star Wars Capital Ships... they moved like a Bath Tubs in Oatmeal... but you could drive them.

    Oh cool, yeah Bloodline has probably one of my new favorite characters. Like Eli Vanto in Thrawn... but even better. So far it's the only Star Wars story in this new "Sequel Trilogy Era" that feels like "Star Wars"... it's just fantastic. I'd tell you who the character is, but I dont want to spoil it. Their character arc is amazing.
  • Would love Battlefront to be a Battlefield reskin, it's what I hoped BF2 would have been. However it is far too late for this game.
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • I disagree with pretty much everything you said. Troopers should be able to roll, and we shouldn't just turn this game into a Star Wars version of Battlefield.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I disagree with pretty much everything you said. Troopers should be able to roll, and we shouldn't just turn this game into a Star Wars version of Battlefield.

    I know you like this game exactly as it is and that's cool man, I'm made up for you. But from a wider perspective this game has been a financial disaster and critically panned. The player base is getting smaller all the time and out of peak hours I have just as much chance of finding a game on BF2015 as BF2. That's really not a good sign, you only have to look at investment EA are putting into this game in terms of Dev's and content to see that BF2 has been pretty much written off by everyone.
    I doubt there even will be a Battlefront 3 for a few years, EA will let the stench of this one fade from memory a little before they try again.
    But if they do try for BF3, why not let Dice do what they are the best in the world at doing? Instead of averageness we could have an almost guaranteed incredible game. And I agree with you on the rolls, it wouldn't need to be exactly like Battlefield, but the map design, weapons, vehicles, the basic gameplay mechanics of Battlefield are absolutely incredible. Lets use them and then add some Star Wars touches to put it's own identity on the game.
    When EA lose the game in 2023 and another company acquires the licence, say they specialise in RPG, I wouldn't want them to make an open war shooter, that's not what they do, I'd want them to make the best Star Wars RPG the galaxy had ever seen and I'd love it.
    When developers go outside their specialties we end up with BF2.
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    Oh yeah @vivaladavidoff there was no more fun tension than piloting an escape pod towards an enemy Capitol Ship to board it and then fight it out inside of it... so many fun memories. They used the Submarine Mechanics from BF1942 for Star Wars Capital Ships... they moved like a Bath Tubs in Oatmeal... but you could drive them.

    Oh cool, yeah Bloodline has probably one of my new favorite characters. Like Eli Vanto in Thrawn... but even better. So far it's the only Star Wars story in this new "Sequel Trilogy Era" that feels like "Star Wars"... it's just fantastic. I'd tell you who the character is, but I dont want to spoil it. Their character arc is amazing.

    I saw a game video a while back of a StormTrooper in a city based gun battle, fight his way up this building, on the roof he stole a spaceship, engaged in dog fights then boarded a rebel cruiser where the fighting continued.
    Is this the game you where talking about? Because it looked incredible
  • Possibly... there was something similar out there that was PreAlpha Gameplay Footage of the now dead/killed Star Wars Battlefront 3 from Free Radical and Pandemic ... however, that was very possible in Battlefield: Star Wars Mod
  • @vivaladavidoff ... if you have never seen it... watch this Video. Star Wars Battlefront 3 was going to be so epic. Tragedy that Lucas Scrapped it. Not only did it kill a potentially legendary game. However, it also took an arguable genius developer out of AAA Development Companies. David Doak, please come back to AAA games.
  • I watched the Bad Batch episodes and couldn't help but think we should have gotten a Battlefront: Clone Force 99 game that was something between the 2015 and 2017 Battlefronts, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 and 4.

    I do in fact want a Clone Wars skinned or even a Original Trilogy skinned Battlefield game.

    All the guys I played Battlefield (Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4) with picked up Battlefront (2015) and made it about two weeks after getting tired of always getting killed by the hero. They didn't even turn up for Battlefront II (2017.)

    Are there more folks who would be lost than would be gained by making the game more like Battlefield? I'm sure I wouldn't miss heroes and enforcers.
  • @Frimmel genius for a Bad Company version of Bad Batch... it's perfect. I dont think anything was more fan friendly than Bad Company. Every other title in the franchise had something people didnt like. However, it's nearly impossible to find harsh critics of either Bad Company games... even COD fan boys. I loved that EA/DICE was willing to make fun of themselves with "Nade-Spam" in their PSA Commercial. Bad Batch would fit perfectly.


    I too have a similar story with friends I gamed with. Their fandom of shooters took them out of SWBF1 pretty quick. A lot of them touched the BETA for SWBF2 ... but they didnt get full version.
  • I disagree with pretty much everything you said. Troopers should be able to roll, and we shouldn't just turn this game into a Star Wars version of Battlefield.

    I know you like this game exactly as it is and that's cool man, I'm made up for you. But from a wider perspective this game has been a financial disaster and critically panned. The player base is getting smaller all the time and out of peak hours I have just as much chance of finding a game on BF2015 as BF2. That's really not a good sign, you only have to look at investment EA are putting into this game in terms of Dev's and content to see that BF2 has been pretty much written off by everyone.
    I doubt there even will be a Battlefront 3 for a few years, EA will let the stench of this one fade from memory a little before they try again.
    But if they do try for BF3, why not let Dice do what they are the best in the world at doing? Instead of averageness we could have an almost guaranteed incredible game. And I agree with you on the rolls, it wouldn't need to be exactly like Battlefield, but the map design, weapons, vehicles, the basic gameplay mechanics of Battlefield are absolutely incredible. Lets use them and then add some Star Wars touches to put it's own identity on the game.
    When EA lose the game in 2023 and another company acquires the licence, say they specialise in RPG, I wouldn't want them to make an open war shooter, that's not what they do, I'd want them to make the best Star Wars RPG the galaxy had ever seen and I'd love it.
    When developers go outside their specialties we end up with BF2.

    I wouldn't mind if they did it in another game.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Frack me! Can you imagine Battlefront 3 with todays technology!! Cheers @BoothStick yeah that is exactly the vid I was talking about.
    I know that it was designed by a different company so I'm not sure about copyright issues, but I think that's almost exactly the style of game that Dice excel in making.
    Can you imagine if we ever got that! I would never play any other game again, end of
  • Yeah that's why I was so excited at first when EA got Star Wars and DICE was going to develop it. I thought they were going to fulfill what Free Radical set out to try and accomplish. I mean it's right in DICE 's "wheel house" with Frostbite and Battlefield.

    I have a theory that the train wreck launch of Battlefield 4 that was completely broken... that scared them away from trying it. However, after the massive success that Battlefield 1 was I thought for sure it was coming for SWBF2 . Oh well, I just hope one day I get to experience Free Radical 's vision. As both a Star Wars fan and a gamer.

    DICE PLZ ... you could totally do it.
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    Yeah that's why I was so excited at first when EA got Star Wars and DICE was going to develop it. I thought they were going to fulfill what Free Radical set out to try and accomplish. I mean it's right in DICE 's "wheel house" with Frostbite and Battlefield.

    I have a theory that the train wreck launch of Battlefield 4 that was completely broken... that scared them away from trying it. However, after the massive success that Battlefield 1 was I thought for sure it was coming for SWBF2 . Oh well, I just hope one day I get to experience Free Radical 's vision. As both a Star Wars fan and a gamer.

    DICE PLZ ... you could totally do it.
    Damn... If they'd basically made what Battlefront 3 was going to be, that would have been amazing.
    Btw, what do you mean about the Battlefield 4 release? From what I know it was only a bit of a flop because there were lots of bugs, once they fixed those it was a great game... At least that's what I've heard. Or is that what you were referring to?
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • BoothStick
    364 posts Member
    edited October 12
    @DrX2345 the Battlefield 4 launch was a complete disaster. Way worse even than the SWBF2 launch. For me on PS3 at the time you literally couldn't play multiplayer. I could only play single player campaign. A lot of us thought it was not only going to be the last Battlefield , but also the death of EA/DICE . Too much to type, but I recommend this watch for the best explanation... and yes it was that bad.



    That's probably why I held out so much "Hope" for EA/DICE fixing SWBF2 . I mean if they not only could fix Battlefield 4 , but then turn it into one of the (if not THE) best chapter in the franchise... they can fix anything. I guess there is a difference between an "Owned I.P." and a "Leased I.P." ...

    EA/DICE could absolutely fulfill what Star Wars Battlefront 3 set out to be with Free Radical ... Frostbite is this perfect tool for the job, and maybe the only engine that could. Possibly UnReal Engine, but that's pretty much it.

    <Edit For Formatting>
  • Does anyone else wonder why on god's green and verdant earth Dice stick with EA?
  • @vivaladavidoff EA flat out bought DICE from all its shareholders ... 15 years ago maybe. Then 5 years ago EA bought Danger Close Games and made them DICE/LA

    DICE sticks with EA ... because DICE is EA essentially. I'm pretty sure if you leave DICE there is a lengthy Non-Compete clause in your contract. I read the DEVS that started RESPAWN had a similar stipulation with Activision when they left.... and now they're EA too. AAA companies buy up DEVS pretty quick
Sign In or Register to comment.