criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The biggest issue with these end of round matchmaking systems.

Prev1
So another test of the end of round matchmaking happened again and it seems there was literally 0 improvement to it since the last time it was implemented.

Look here
nekgdaeqdsgs.png

I am gonna be "matchmade" regardless of me pressing square, so my options here are be matchmade or be matchmade. What if I wanted to stay in the server?

And here we have a blatant lie
meo7rpjzqce4.png

I did not select the matchmake option yet it says I've started a search.

I was playing with @TonyGoombah1 , @EventHorizionOH , and @Admiral_Xen this night and they all got the same message but with their names stating that they started matchmaking yet NONE of us selected the option to be matchmade.

Again the biggest problem here is that we are being FORCED to leave the server. We have little choice in choosing where we play as it is and now we are gonna be forced to leave servers, I don't think I really need to explain why this is bad. I'll say it again WE SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO LEAVE A SERVER!

There are other problems too, one of the times we got matchmade (against our will) we got sent to the menu and got an Error 1066 another time (also saw someone say this kept happening to them when trying to play blast). I saw someone post that rage quitters got sent right back to them and I can confirm we had that happened to us, people on the other team quit and were sent right back to us. We were also still steamrolling, the teams we played were nowhere near our level which makes this matchmaking pointless.

We also had to play part of the rotation twice, Administrator's Palace and Jabba's Palace. Now I don't particularly mind these maps but given that this is very possible this could happen to us with Kashyyyk makes me furious.

Now for GA, I didn't play GA but last time EOR Matchmaking systems were in place it was borderline impossible for me to play GA. I would get to play a round or 2 before being forced out of the server and into an empty one, given that there seemed to be 0 improvements since last time (a false choice button was added) and that I saw some people saying that yet again they were being put into empty servers.

If they are gonna keep experimenting with this concept of EOR matchmaking (which I know they will) I want to request one thing.

DO NOT FORCE US TO LEAVE SERVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
t91gqb7t7ckq.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• Agreed +1

Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    4139 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I was,playing last night and got the same maps a couple times & on the same side as well.
  • Cadoth
    768 posts Member
    Isn’t this matchmaking test gone?
    I just played a couple of laggy GA matches and all was back to the normal matchmaking
  • HOPE CANNOT SAVE THEM

Well yeah that's a given.
    I was,playing last night and got the same maps a couple times & on the same side as well.

Same.
    Cadoth wrote: »
    Isn’t this matchmaking test gone?
    I just played a couple of laggy GA matches and all was back to the normal matchmaking

Yeah they thankfully turned it off but given that they keep turning it off and on again it needs to be discussed.
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    So another test of the end of round matchmaking happened again and it seems there was literally 0 improvement to it since the last time it was implemented.

Look here
    nekgdaeqdsgs.png

I am gonna be "matchmade" regardless of me pressing square, so my options here are be matchmade or be matchmade. What if I wanted to stay in the server?

meo7rpjzqce4.png

I was playing with @TonyGoombah1 , @EventHorizionOH , and @Admiral_Xen this night and they all got the same message but with their names stating that they started matchmaking yet NONE of us selected the option to be matchmade.

Again the biggest problem here is that we are being FORCED to leave the server. We have little choice in choosing where we play as it is and now we are gonna be forced to leave servers, I don't think I really need to explain why this is bad. I'll say it again WE SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO LEAVE A SERVER!

There are other problems too, one of the times we got matchmade (against our will) we got sent to the menu and got an Error 1066 another time (also saw someone say this kept happening to them when trying to play blast). I saw someone post that rage quitters got sent right back to them and I can confirm we had that happened to us, people on the other team quit and were sent right back to us. We were also still steamrolling, the teams we played were nowhere near our level which makes this matchmaking pointless.

We also had to play part of the rotation twice, Administrator's Palace and Jabba's Palace. Now I don't particularly mind these maps but given that this is very possible this could happen to us with Kashyyyk makes me furious.

Now for GA, I didn't play GA but last time EOR Matchmaking systems were in place it was borderline impossible for me to play GA. I would get to play a round or 2 before being forced out of the server and into an empty one, given that there seemed to be 0 improvements since last time (a false choice button was added) and that I saw some people saying that yet again they were being put into empty servers.

If they are gonna keep experimenting with this concept of EOR matchmaking (which I know they will) I want to request one thing.

DO NOT FORCE US TO LEAVE SERVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are trying to balance the servers but I have noticed that most of the time it doesn't work.
  • The absolutely worst thing is to be matchmade after games which were perfectly balanced! To a new game of steamrolling... :scream: :angry:

Yes, there's a large difference from top to bottom. No, it matters not one bit when either side wins by a hair's breadth. It's exactly the kind of game we want. It's exactly what matchmaking is presumably there to ensure. Come on!

Thou shall not matchmake a balanced game!

Look here
    nekgdaeqdsgs.png

meo7rpjzqce4.png

They are trying to balance the servers but I have noticed that most of the time it doesn't work.

The problem with them trying to balance servers, is that they balance already balanced games, overtime on every phase, you can't get a more evenly match then that, by pushing you to another server.
    The forced part is really the worst part of it, you found one of these rare lobbies where you have fun and both teams are putting up a good fight and after playing each side you not even have the option to stay.
  • I really don’t know what they are trying to do. It should keep everyone on the same server that wants to continue so you start within the map rotation. Putting everyone back in a search makes it so you can get the same map over and over. I would rather it try to balance each new map based on who is in the server and their level/point ratio. I saw searching, it was taking a while and I just quit out of BF2.
  • relleuM wrote: »
    I really don’t know what they are trying to do. It should keep everyone on the same server that wants to continue so you start within the map rotation. Putting everyone back in a search makes it so you can get the same map over and over. I would rather it try to balance each new map based on who is in the server and their level/point ratio. I saw searching, it was taking a while and I just quit out of BF2.

It really seems that they are just trying to scramble teams as much as possible and all of it is mostly just to make it easier for rage quitters to try and find a different game easier.
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
  • What follows is a copy/paste of my post from the EOR Matchmaking thread. It regards GA and is meant to contribute to this one.

Prior to this test, groups of friends who wanted to play together had to wait until after their first GA match to be in the same squad. That was fine since subsequently you’d remain in the same squad each round after the first. Now, with this new matchmaking, even if you don’t hit the button it searches for new matches anyway. You might play the next round without this happening maybe twice in five matches. Usually just once. So in effect this system prevents friends from playing in the same squad. This is a terrible side effect and matchmaking should not be implemented like this. Please keep the integrity of group squad play intact.

Also, I played about eight hours to test the new matchmaking. Naboo, Kashyyyk, Endor, and Jakku. That was my map rotation. No other map was played. And Naboo skipped in line several times. No matchmaking efforts are worth squad play and severe map rotation disruption.
  • rollind24
    5000 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I just want to know what they’re basing the matchmaking off of. Is it based on how a player performed as a specific unit in a match? There are too many individual variables. Maybe a player is really good at a specific special unit and just happened to nag that unit during one match and then gets trounced the next match because they can’t pick that unit
    #infantrylivesmatter
    What follows is a copy/paste of my post from the EOR Matchmaking thread. It regards GA and is meant to contribute to this one.

Prior to this test, groups of friends who wanted to play together had to wait until after their first GA match to be in the same squad. That was fine since subsequently you’d remain in the same squad each round after the first. Now, with this new matchmaking, even if you don’t hit the button it searches for new matches anyway. You might play the next round without this happening maybe twice in five matches. Usually just once. So in effect this system prevents friends from playing in the same squad. This is a terrible side effect and matchmaking should not be implemented like this. Please keep the integrity of group squad play intact.

Also, I played about eight hours to test the new matchmaking. Naboo, Kashyyyk, Endor, and Jakku. That was my map rotation. No other map was played. And Naboo skipped in line several times. No matchmaking efforts are worth squad play and severe map rotation disruption.

This system at most is just a faster way to quit out of a game to find a new one, honestly just going back to the main menu and doing it really isn't too long of a process and I'd rather have to do that then put up with all these issues.

I agree. Personally, I’ve never thought matchmaking was the terrible issue that others have and I really can’t see a valid solution that doesn’t cause more harm than good.
  • I didn't get to play with it switched on but it sounds awful
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I just want to know what they’re basing the matchmaking off of. Is it based on how a player performed as a specific unit in a match? There are too many individual variables. Maybe a player is really good at a specific special unit and just happened to nag that unit during one match and then gets trounced the next match because they can’t pick that unit

I asked for some definitive information on this on the EOR feedback thread.

I dont even know what it is they are trying to acheive with it.

Skills match? Server balancing?

Who knows.
  • Matchmaking is by definition different from teamshuffle, I know which one I'd rather see implemented
    What follows is a copy/paste of my post from the EOR Matchmaking thread. It regards GA and is meant to contribute to this one.

This system at most is just a faster way to quit out of a game to find a new one, honestly just going back to the main menu and doing it really isn't too long of a process and I'd rather have to do that then put up with all these issues.

I agree. Personally, I’ve never thought matchmaking was the terrible issue that others have and I really can’t see a valid solution that doesn’t cause more harm than good.

Steamrolls happen, but they get better over time with 'natural' matchmaking.

The only time matchmaking is an issue for me is when they try to 'fix' something that isn't broken as far as I'm concerned.

I mean what's the goal of matchmaking?
  • rollind24 wrote: »

From what I can tell it isn't based on anything, just the hopes of constant shuffling making lopsided games less common. However everytime it has been turned on I have noticed 0 difference in match outcome and as stated before rage quitters are at times brought right back into the server.
    avmav wrote: »
    I didn't get to play with it switched on but it sounds awful

It is indeed awful.

t91gqb7t7ckq.png
  • Yeah I've noticed no difference except it takes longer between games.

Seems like it's just randomly shuffling players in the hope that it breaks up steamrolls, but it also breaks up balanced games.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • You eventuelly meet again quitting players for another pounding so I'll give credit where it's due

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Yeah I've noticed no difference except it takes longer between games.

Seems like it's just randomly shuffling players in the hope that it breaks up steamrolls, but it also breaks up balanced games.

Or throws you into an empty server.
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
  • Every other game Dice has made has had a team scramble. What is so hard about just adding that? Jesus.
  • r0ssMAN wrote: »
    Every other game Dice has made has had a team scramble. What is so hard about just adding that? Jesus.

They had something like that turned on awhile ago because I noticed that some people in a GA match got shuffled, haven't noticed it happening at all for months.
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
  • I was,playing last night and got the same maps a couple times & on the same side as well.

Same here. I don't mind playing maps I prefer on repeat as was the case but no way I'm playing 4 rounds on Jakku 🥴
  • TW33NSW4G wrote: »

Same here. I don't mind playing maps I prefer on repeat as was the case but no way I'm playing 4 rounds on Jakku 🥴

Getting maps we don't like and not getting the ones we want was already a problem, this only made it worse.
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
  • Cadoth
    768 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Has nothing been learned from literally every time they turned this trash on?]
    03qgytd2sk4l.png

I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE THE SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I can absolutely understand you, today I was playing HvH with a very good team and then this matchmaking thing put me in another match while I was really enjoying the previous game
  • Despite several minutes of re-doing searches, I literally could not find a GA game last night on a map that wasn't Naboo, Kashyyyk or Kamino

I eventually bit the bullet, and even then I'd finish a round on one of those & it would throw me into the other two.

This system is aids.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    Has nothing been learned from literally every time they turned this trash on?]
    03qgytd2sk4l.png

I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE THE SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I can absolutely understand you, today I was playing HvH with a very good team and then this matchmaking thing put me in another match while I was really enjoying the previous game

That screen shot makes me wonder, Why can't we have a button that says "Stay in current server"
    That seems like a decent compromise if they insist on forcing this down our throats.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Billkwando
    1206 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Halo 2, on the original Xbox, had skill based matchmaking, and it was awesome. Everyone had a little number next to their name, so you knew that you weren't just being placated by an unknowable system. When someone higher ranked was in the room, you could see it.

It seems obvious that EA/DICE didn't care about matchmaking when they were developing the game, and they didn't build for it, so all we are going to get until they can shut it down are band-aids on a broken system.

It's not like the progression system, where the bad PR is so strong that they have no choice but to invest some actual money into their broken down microtransaction vending machine known as BF2.
    Post edited by Billkwando on
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.

Look here
    nekgdaeqdsgs.png

meo7rpjzqce4.png

I’ve just assumed that the automatic EoR shuffling has been for data collection and that it won’t be this way if implemented fully. It has to be something like this, otherwise... surely not.
  • Same thing keeps happening to me, though the usual result is to dump me in a dead or dying lobby where I have to wait 3-5 minutes for enough players.
  • Deanna_Tamura
    317 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    For me the lack of information is the worst part, for example is this forced matchmaking at the end a planed feature for the final version or just for testing, if the later is the case i guess a lot of people would understand it at least, i still don't like it but i at least would get the reasoning for doing it during the test.
    We don't even know how this is supposed to work, yet expected to give feedback.
    All i see right now is i start the game join a lobby, play the map once on the light and the dark side and then matchmaking happens no matter what.
  • Dash wrote: »
    MM/EOR testing/adjustments got me like: qe5m97qnwz2i.jpg

They keep toying with us with whether or not our peanut butter and jelly sandwich is in there or not.
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
  • Dash
    11472 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Dash wrote: »

They keep toying with us with whether or not our peanut butter and jelly sandwich is in there or not.

It’s there during the week, on the weekend though...(poof) someone ate my sandwhich!!! :rage:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »

It’s there during the week, on the weekend though...(poof) someone ate my sandwhich!!! :rage:

I really just want to eat my sandwich :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
  • Question .... Was you playing as a group and steamrolling every match?
  • The biggest issue is Devs who no listen they community
  • Matchmaking is by definition different from teamshuffle, I know which one I'd rather see implemented

That would be perfectly fine for EOR team balancing if there is a huge disparity between the two teams. Well, not the end of the round, but after the map rotation (that's when you go to a different map, right? Not when you go through all of them) Both teams should be able to play on both sides on the same map.

After that, depending on how players do with those 2 rounds, teamshuffle could occur in varying degrees when going to a different map. If it was an absolute massacre with basically everyone on one team doing better than the other, then the teams should be mixed up pretty well. If it was just a person or few that carried, then they should be swapped around and kept seperated. HOWEVER, if people are in groups, then they must act as a combined entity and not be split up.

Now, matchmaking should occur when searching for a new game. One factor needs to be if there are players in a group. If so, matching these guys up with other groups should be of higher precedence. Skill should also be an obvious factor, possibly calculated on the average points per match. It would not count if you joined in midmatch, so you dont get messed up if you join a game just as it ends and have it reflect on your skill.

Those are just some ideas. Obviously, it is easier said than done. But still, gotta start somewhere.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Last night got MM 3 out of four rounds. I quit when for the fifth round I was being sent to Kashyyk for the 4th time in a row.
    I got one partial round on Naboo, MM to Kahshyyk. Played both sides of Kashyyk in a very balanced lobby with good connections, then MM kicked in and sent me back to Kashyyk in a laggy lobby and had my team 3 players down most of the match. Finished that and MM kicked in to send me to .... Kashyyk again. Turned the game off for the night.

I just do not understand how difficult a little team shuffle would be...

I do not want to play the same map more than two times in a row, ever ...
  • Question .... Was you playing as a group and steamrolling every match?

Yes but being matchmade happens regardless, no matter the outcome.
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
    Question .... Was you playing as a group and steamrolling every match?

Yes but being matchmade happens regardless, no matter the outcome.

And so it keeps taking you out of your squad with your grouped friend(s). Very annoying.
  • Does anybody know when all this will finish?
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    Does anybody know when all this will finish?

I think on Monday.
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png

I think on Monday.

I’ve never been more excited to go back to work.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Han_Spinel wrote: »

I think on Monday.

I’ve never been more excited to go back to work.

Hopefully the broken MM doesn't follow you to work and you gotta wait in an elevator for 5 minutes or constantly be put into empty offices.
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
  • It has not been turned off...
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
    It has not been turned off...

At some point, I need to stop being surprised and just turn things off.... "Star Wars" and you guys are quite literally the only reasons I still play
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion