criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

xbox one x - overheating!

shutpath_xbox
51 posts Member
edited October 12
hello there! *URGENT PROBLEM*

The update sure fixed my connection error but now AS SOON as I start up the game from xbox-home it starts overheating and blowing air like crazy!!

All other games seem to work fine.
This was never before..

It starts overheating already before the main menu is loaded!
And continues in game as well!

Please look into this, I do NOT want to destroy my xbox!

I'm rocking an Xbox one X with 4K OLED TV.

EDIT:
I reinstalled the game 100% and did a hard reset on my xbox, it fixed nothing,there is undeniably something wrong with the game else other games would be doing the same thing!

And the fact that it already starts before the menu is even loaded should be enough to be alarmed!
(No other games have this problem, and SWBF2 used to be fine before update.)

Also nothing else has changed to any soft or hardware on my device. Only the update!

Please look into this!
Post edited by shutpath_xbox on

Replies

• Do other games cause it to do this?
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • F03hammer
    4934 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Do you have sufficient space for air flow?
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Psy3d
    125 posts Member
    I have no such issues on my X with this game after update...mine is the crap scorpio edition from launch.
  • My Xbox One X is fine.
  • IIPrest0nII
    2972 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    @shutpath_xbox Hi,

Just informing you that I edited your title and removed caps lock as it's against the forum rules. Also, I removed your duplicate topic.

Thanks!
    Volunteer EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator
  • Do other games cause it to do this?

No you can't run more than one game per time on xbox, and I restarted my xbox as well to see if it would happen again, I guess it's something in the games code??
  • F03hammer wrote: »
    Do you have sufficient space for air flow?

Yes, I have MORE than enough space for it to cool, but you have to understand this doesn't happen after a while or anything, the second I start up the game and I see the games wallpaper appear it already starts to blow harder, 20 seconds later even before the menu loaded up it's already hot and blowing like crazy.

the second I turn the game off, it stops.
  • You might have to uninstall and then reinstall battlefront.
    That might work.
    t0c9x3dn8cil.png
    9lpf6xtzqslu.gif

#makebobagreatagain
  • @shutpath_xbox Hi,

Just informing you that I edited your title and removed caps lock as it's against the forum rules. Also, I removed your duplicate topic.

Thanks!

Thanks!
  • My Xbox One X is fine.

Really? that's super weird, I will do a hard turn-off and reinstall the game today to see if that helps.

I will update you on this but please, if anyone else encounters this problem, I'm hardly ever the odd-one-out and handle my devices with care.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    You might have to uninstall and then reinstall battlefront.
    That might work.
    t0c9x3dn8cil.png

that picture is hilarious, and yes i will, I'll post tonight.
  • I tried to fix it with the stated probable solutions, but fixed nothing (see edit)
  • F03hammer
    4934 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I'd certainly recommend you get into contact with Microsoft.
    While some things are normal: fans running higher than normal on game start up,
    Consoles blowing this much heat are either hardware related or environmental typically.
    I wish you luck in getting this sorted.
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• JAREDUP
    1340 posts Member
    Does it stay blowing hard the whole time the game runs? or does it stop after a while?
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Where is it situated?
    pgx0t10z1mas.jpg
    "As long as hatred exists, I shall remain impervious to attack."
  • F03hammer wrote: »
    I'd certainly recommend you get into contact with Microsoft.
    While some things are normal: fans running higher than normal on game start up,
    Consoles blowing this much heat are either hardware related or environmental typically.
    I wish you luck in getting this sorted.

Yes, except it never did this before, and still doesn't anywhere else, it's impossible to be caused by enviroment heat cause it happens immediately when starting.

Also it didnt do this before the update so..
    Conclusion ---> update is the most likely problem.