criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Can we do a Weekend Event for Cargo without Jetpack Troopers?

Dash
11702 posts Member
edited October 2018
In the spirit of these fun and unique weekend events, me and the discord boys had some thoughts on this. Weekend events SHOULD be the system we need to Vote in New Modes we want permanently added IMO, after trying them out/experiencing them. So who's to say we can't do this for other things/modes too? Who's to say we can't have a "Drop Zone" weekend one day also. The sky is the limit. I'm in a good mood, and vibing with things as of late.

So what do you guys think? Should Weekend events be a nursery for voting in new modes we want after trying them out? Thoughts?
Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Replies

• Dash
    11702 posts Member
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Yes.
    I'd like to change it too weeks though, so we can get more than a couple days to try it out.

Hvv tdm
    Cargo
    Drop zone
    Droid run
    Infantry only ga

Yes, all the good modes!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Agree with all of these ideas.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • @Dash Absolutely!
    Yes.
    I'd like to change it too weeks though, so we can get more than a couple days to try it out.

Hvv tdm
    Cargo
    Drop zone
    Droid run
    Infantry only ga

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and most definitely yes!
  • Dash
    11702 posts Member
    @Dash Absolutely!
    Yes.

Hvv tdm
    Cargo
    Drop zone
    Droid run
    Infantry only ga

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and most definitely yes!

Glad you agree dude! :blush:

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• My favorite thread of yours that you’ve ever posted. Excellent idea.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Yes.

Hvv tdm
    Cargo
    Drop zone
    Droid run
    Infantry only ga

I also agree with this. What seems like fun at first can sometimes change after more playtime and play styles adapt.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Dash
    11702 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    My favorite thread of yours that you’ve ever posted. Excellent idea.

Thanks dude! I hope we can get this to happen. Would be a really good idea for them to follow up on this for sure! :sunglasses:

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »
    In the spirit of these fun and unique weekend events, me and the discord boys had some thoughts on this. Weekend events SHOULD be the system we need to Vote in New Modes we want permanently added IMO, after trying them out/experiencing them. So who's to say we can't do this for other things/modes too? Who's to say we can't have a "Drop Zone" weekend one day also. The sky is the limit. I'm in a good mood, and vibing with things as of late.

So what do you guys think? Should Weekend events be a nursery for voting in new modes we want after trying them out? Thoughts?

Of course

The quicker DICE moves away from gimmicks to creating actual serious and compeitive modes the better

I love silliness, but when the vast majority of the content since launch has been gimmick filled modes like HS, Ewok Hunt, Jump-Pack Cargo, Enforcer Weekend

Yeah

It gets a little tiring
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
    Yes.

Hvv tdm
    Cargo
    Drop zone
    Droid run
    Infantry only ga

All sound fun.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Ok I'll address the Elephant in the room:
    #EwokjetpackCargo and ....
    Jello770 wrote: »
    Droid Run!

2b1tpx.gif
    +These are all great ideas :grin:
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Dash
    11702 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »
    Droid Run!

2b1tpx.gif

I just imagined an Ewok, flying in the skies with a jet pack, yelling “Yub NUB”!!! Finger in the air, wearing a “Down with the Empire” T-shirt!!! :lol:

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Great idea, @Dash !!

They need to add another cargo with proper bases, ultimately, but that would be a cool start.
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Make it so
    Yes.

Hvv tdm
    Cargo
    Drop zone
    Droid run
    Infantry only ga

Brilliant list, exactly what the game needs
  • Full credit to @BoothStick for putting this genius DropZone game mode together using assets that already exist in BF2. It should make it a lot easier for the dev's to put together and test out on the community.

"So for those of you that haven't played Supply Drop it's very similar to Drop Zone. However, instead of an activation button, and then guarding it until timer goes down to claim it... this mode has a small AOE point capture bleed for teams to obtain the score. More players in it, the faster the bleed. Multiple drops as game continues so you have to decide to contest a supply drop, or abandon it and go for another one. First team to 500 points wins. So landslide is 5 or 6 Supply drops, but I believe it can go up to 10 drops at 100 points per drop.
    So here is where I look at the current existing assets in SWBF2 that can be used for this game mode. If they can port over the Escape Pods, and the drop animations from SWBF1... awesome. However, I'm going to assume porting those over would take some time, and it would be easier to just use SWBF2's assets only.
    #1 The Supply Sled from Extraction:
    Use the the exact same sled, and have 10 of them scattered stationary randomly across the map. Their random activation to pull points from would determine where the teams should go to obtain points. It would be an open sandbox on smaller maps. So just because you see one doesn't mean it's the next one to be activated to obtain score.
    #2 The AOE to make the Sled move in Extraction:
    Unlike SWBF1 where the sled moved based on an On/Off switch, in SWBF2 it has an AOE that makes the sled move or stop on contention. It's pretty small, and roughly the same point bleed/capture area in Battlefield 1's Supply Drop. So instead of making that AOE move something, have that AOE reward players points from a pool that supply drop holds.
    #3 The 10 Maps:
    So I can't really think of areas that would be perfect for this game mode from certain Galactic Assault maps. Especially the size and trying to think of parts of those maps not really used that often. So I'm omitting Death Star II, Kamino, and Crait. However, these parts of Galactic Assault maps I think would be perfect. Leaving out Jabba's Palace and Kessel too because I think they're too close quarters for this.
    A) NABOO - Stage 1 of Phase 1 from Droid spawn to the plazas where the 1st Disruptors are staged.
    B ) KASHYYYK - Stage 1 of Phase 1 from Droid Spawn to just past where 1st Disruptors are. Just want to fight on the beaches
    C) MOS EISLEY - Phase 3 area around the U-Wing Hanger and maybe bleed into parts of Phase 2.
    D) HOTH - Stage 2 of Phase 1 where there is still some elevation and caves. Not too open or OP high ground.
    E) ENDOR - Stage 2 of Phase 2 just where the Ewok Villages end, the caves, and before you get to base.
    F) BESPIN - Basically just the Blast Map.
    G) YAVIN IV - Phase 2 but bleeds into Phase 3. Use the Outside of Temple, but cant go into base.
    H) STARKILLER BASE - Phase 1, aka the Heroes vs Villains Map. Not original I know, but good map for it.
    I) TAKODANNA - Basically just the Blast Map.
    J) JAKKU - Phase 2 to Phase 3... Basically a larger version of Heroes vs Villains Map"
  • Dash
    11702 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I’d honestly love to hear what everyone has to say about this. Weekend events aren’t gonna go away, and we should most definitely have a discussion about this proposal.

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I always enjoyed sabotage. Would be nice to play that again for a weekend. I desperately miss cargo. And I am holding out hope that Extraction returns too. You know, the real Extraction. A limited number of heroes and most importantly more maps.
  • Just make sure the mode gets more than 2 maps.
  • JMaster
    2285 posts Member
    YES! I was hoping this would become a more regular event, but I love this idea! We could get a Hero Blast, and I could see awesome modes like Droid Run, Drop Zone, and- of course- Cargo return in all their glory! Here here!
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Dash wrote: »
    Droid Run!

2b1tpx.gif

I just imagined an Ewok, flying in the skies with a jet pack, yelling “Yub NUB”!!! Finger in the air, wearing a “Down with the Empire” T-shirt!!! :lol:

I would play that for a weekend.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Dash
    11702 posts Member
    Droid Run!

2b1tpx.gif

I would play that for a weekend.

Ewoks on gliders dropping incendiaries on top of imperial forces and AT-AT’s would be fun lol.

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I think cargo would be the best bet, I think it would work well and and satisfy a ton of people, it’s long overdue. I really hope this gets a little traction and gets the devs attention.

As much as I love dropzone it wouldn’t be dropzone without the speed and jepltpacks from the 1st game. I would love it as long as it’s a copy and paste from 15, otherwise I just can’t see it working well with this games mechanics and lack of jetpacks imo:

This did happen with Ewok Hunt, but it had no formal poll. We need a formal poll. But cargo would be nice. Just adjust available units and we already have 2 maps...
    Droid Run!

2b1tpx.gif

Bet. We need ewoks with stolen jetpacks. Modders, please make a mod!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • JMaster
    2285 posts Member

This did happen with Ewok Hunt, but it had no formal poll. We need a formal poll. But cargo would be nice. Just adjust available units and we already have 2 maps...
    Droid Run!

2b1tpx.gif

Three, actually... if you're referring to JPC, they made a variant for Mos Eisley, Bespin, and Yavin 4. To be fair, I'd much rather it function like the old "Collect more cargo from the ememy shipment to win" version, but it's something to work with.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »

Droid Run!

2b1tpx.gif

Three, actually... if you're referring to JPC, they made a variant for Mos Eisley, Bespin, and Yavin 4. To be fair, I'd much rather it function like the old "Collect more cargo from the ememy shipment to win" version, but it's something to work with.

+1. I like the two cargos rather than 1 in the middle. Adds a spice of decision making whether you should defend or try to steal.
    #infantrylivesmatter
    Droid Run!

2b1tpx.gif

It’s possible they do have gliders. Lol
  • Dash
    11702 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Droid Run!

2b1tpx.gif

It’s possible they do have gliders. Lol

I know. That’s the best part! :sunglasses:

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Ewok reinforcement for EH
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season