criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Problem With the Currant Matchmaking

This was discussed in a thread made by @Empire_TW but I feel like it needs its own thread. The problem with this game's matchmaking is that they try to balance already balanced lobbies. I was just in a very close and exciting game where we managed to snatch a victory from 4-1 down. It was awesome and reminded me just how fun this game can be when the teams are even. But then, as the highest score on that team, I was thrust into a lobby with quite frankly the worst three players I have ever seen. I don't like to call out players for being bad, but I just think these three players didn't understand the game. One of them played Lando, and was getting stunlocked by Vader, but instead of rolling out of the way and tossing his stun down, he decided to throw his smoke grenade at Vader. None of them got any kills during the entire game. Two of them quit within the first minute and left me and Lando against four very good players. We were swept 8-0 (Both of our wins were me killing the target as Lando jumped around randomly in his smoke grenade).

Please do not matchmake already balanced lobbies.
jexdw69dwod3.png

Replies

• That is why I'm convinced that this isn't based on any type of actual "matchmaking" at all and we are all just randomly thrown from server to server against our will in the hopes that steamroll don't happen.

Which by the way, there has been ZERO difference in match quality during these EoR matchmaking tests.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• rollind24
    4700 posts Member
    edited October 13
    I think the problem with matchmaking in this game are that there are too many variables to account for. Most shooters have some classes/vehicles etc but this game has special units and hero’s thrown into the mix.

Someone terrible with hero’s might be great with a trooper and vice versa. If they throw people around into different servers based on what they did with a unit in a particular match on the light side they might be garbage/average the next match

Edit/ if they don’t use those variables then I stand corrected but how else would you judge matchmaking EOR. No matter what someone’s got to be at the bottom of the board.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • The problem is IT SUCKS!!!!
  • rollind24
    4700 posts Member
    edited October 13
    The problem is IT SUCKS!!!!

I don’t know why they keep tinkering with it at this point unless there’s big plans for the game. I imagine they lose players every time they use the live playerbase as betas so unless they plan on supporting the game for a very long time what’s the point. It’s the only positive I can take away from being a beta tester a year into a game.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    2240 posts Member
    edited October 13
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    That is why I'm convinced that this isn't based on any type of actual "matchmaking" at all and we are all just randomly thrown from server to server against our will in the hopes that steamroll don't happen.

Which by the way, there has been ZERO difference in match quality during these EoR matchmaking tests.

I agree. We're just being thrown from server to server at random. That's why there is no GA map rotation anymore.
    jexdw69dwod3.png