criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Consolidate Play Modes into 1 page + make daily logon reward automatic

Moxx
68 posts Member
edited October 2018
It takes way too many clicks to get to the various modes of play and search for a game. This becomes especially infuriating after you have to constantly click around, only to sit in queue forever and never find a game for various modes like Extraction, Ewok Hunt, Hero Starfighters and Hero Showdown.

I have reasonably good experience with finding games for GA, SA, HvV, Blast and Strike. The rest are scarce. But constantly making 3-4 clicks each time to access the different areas of the play menu becomes really frustrating.

Please consider consolidation of all the Play Modes into 1 page for easier selection and searching. It may make people play more of the modes more often as well.

Note: This is a suggestion after a ~4 month hiatus from the game.
Post edited by Moxx on

Replies

  • Moxx
    68 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Anyone agree?
    Post edited by Moxx on
  • Moxx
    68 posts Member
    While we're at it, since star card chests are pretty much dead now, let's get rid of the need to click 6 times to collect the daily 500 credits, just give a msg "Daily awarded: 500 credits" when we log on. We get it.
  • Zinjo2017
    556 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Moxx wrote: »
    While we're at it, since star card chests are pretty much dead now, let's get rid of the need to click 6 times to collect the daily 500 credits, just give a msg "Daily awarded: 500 credits" when we log on. We get it.
    I agree to a point.
    We need to keep loot crates when new skins or goodies are dropped into the game for purchase. So keeping the loot crate icon around for that purpose is necessary.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Moxx
    68 posts Member
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    We need to keep loot crates when new skins or goodies are dropped into the game for purchase. So keeping the loot crate icon around for that purpose is necessary.

    True. Just make them for those special purchases, not the daily logon reward.

  • Moxx
    68 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    As far as the menus are now (my original point), they are full, so if more modes are added to the game they will need to be reworked anyway, so they might as well drop the large overkill pictures and consolidate everything into 1 sectioned page with room to add to the list in the future.

    If it helps, I have some UI experience because I am a web designer. The current menu system is beautiful, but lacks the ability to scale with future growth :)


    Edit: Actually they could just make the tiles scroll left and right to add future modes, so it is scalable, but still too spread out for trying to get into games that dont exist.

    The gameplay is the content we want, not the fancy menu, right? So make it easier for everyone to get to the gameplay quicker by minimizing the clicks in the menus.
    Post edited by Moxx on
  • Zinjo2017
    556 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Moxx wrote: »
    As far as the menus are now (my original point), they are full, so if more modes are added to the game they will need to be reworked anyway, so they might as well drop the large overkill pictures and consolidate everything into 1 sectioned page with room to add to the list in the future.

    If it helps, I have some UI experience because I am a web designer. The current menu system is beautiful, but lacks the ability to scale with future growth :)
    I think the devs sectioned them off to allow players to choose a type of mode they are in the mood for. HvV is obvious. Assault is reserved for grand old battles. Operations are for specialty niche missions, like Blast or Extraction. Smaller gunfight type modes.
    I believe they are sectioned like this to add different modes into the themed sections without giving us a billboard to chose from everytime. The Newbs would be overwhelmed by such a thing and have no idea what each mode would give them until they jumped in. Not terribly organized.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • These forums as dead as the game lol
  • Moxx wrote: »
    These forums as dead as the game lol

    Ummm, OK. Not used to using more than one sentence?
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!