criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

What are the games you're playing now?

1234568Next

Replies

• Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I played some more Thrillville Off The Rails, and almost completed Otherworlds, at one point my character talked to Moe and when she mentioned that she’s sure he’ll give the park a “fair and honest review” (read: accept a bribe) an NPC walked between us and laughed as if he knew exactly what was happening.
    I also played Battlefront II and the last match was epic! I got Tallie during phase 2 of Ryloth, kept her till the Lurchulk exploded, got over 3000 points, scored some decent progress on her challenges, and managed to rank 5th on the results screen!

Regarding games being played. As I said I've been playing Subnautica. Has anyone encountered the Leviathan class Reaper (sea serpent) at a depth of 200 meters or his cousin the Leviathan class Ghost sea serpent (at a depth of 300 meters +)? The first time I saw the reaper it scared the ape dip out of me when it attacked me.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Xbox: trying to get to max level with Assassins creed OD, battlefront, waiting for modern warfare

PC: Rome 2 DEI, and alittle of Attila every now and then

• Anyone else hyped for Shadowkeep to drop next week? BTW Destiny 2 is releasing its free to play version next week if anyone’s interested. If your on Xbox I won’t mind doing some carries through difficult missions/quests.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I played some more Thrillville: Off the Rails, and I’m trying to get gold on “Man, not Machine” by having 200 people riding roller coasters in a single month and I think it’s rigged. It seems like it has a pattern. 50ish on the 7th or 8th day, 100ish on the 17th, 18th, or 19th day, and 200 half past never. Sometimes it’s behind, other times I seem to get a huge lead (one time I had 10 customers on the first day, and on another occasion 36 on the second day) and it seems that on those days things seem to slow down so it resumes the aforementioned pattern, almost if the people manning the roller coasters (or more accurately, the game) are doing it on purpose because I haven’t fulfilled a requirement I don’t understand (it says that if your coasters aren’t thrilling enough people won’t ride them and my overall thrill rating is 55, but all my coasters have long lines).
    I set one of my coasters to free because only a handful of people even acknowledge it’s existence, and even then I had to increase the price of the other attractions just to drive attention to have it form a decent line (could you imagine if someone had to increase the prices of the arcade and carnival games, just to drive the customers to a rollercoaster that is literally free in order to drive the monthly number of people riding roller coasters to the impossible, incomprehensible, unfathomably high number of... 200. If this were a real place, ThrillVille would probably be a laughing stock among other theme park owners, since they probably have a few thousand people riding their coasters a month, or maybe even a day, just by existing.)
    Sometimes I’m at the 190 mark (sometimes exactly 199!) and I’m waiting for that one last push... and then the next month hits and the cycle restarts (each night, for at least the past three days I literally played this game for a few hours at a time trying to complete this mission when I could be doing more important things... like sleeping). Sorry if this rant got a bit too ranty.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • @Unwarycoin , I've never even heard of Subnautica until you mentioned it, it looks pretty cool. It also looks like it would be enjoyable in PSVR, but it doesn't appear to have VR support. But it reminds me of the time I took my PSVR home for holiday and had my parents experience VR for the first time. As a fan of the 1975 movie JAWS, I figured my mom would enjoy the hands-free experience of PSVR Worlds: Ocean Descent, since you don't even need to hold a controller to enjoy/play this. Well, when the great white shark appeared, and started to "attack" the cage she was in, she freaked out and wanted out and was seriously frightened. Me and dad were laughing at first, but then realized she wasn't calming down. She couldn't just be told, "it's only a game." It was too real and so is her fear of sharks - thanks Spielberg! haha (JAWS is seriously one of my favorite movies, due to Robert Shaw's performance, and the chilling music by John Williams. Such a classic!) I must admit, my first PSVR experience was the Rogue One mission on BF2015, and I got nauseous, for real. I leaned over the X-wing cockpit and looked out into space and just kinda got lost in the moment, so I can't really make fun of her. ha!
    "Rise."
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited October 1
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/09/29/the-final-list-of-everything-you-get-for-free-in-destiny-2-new-light-its-a-lot/#b87c02c5832e

Alright, last time I post about Destiny 2 New Light unless asked about it, hope to see a few new Guardians

Post edited by rollind24 on
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I played a few more games since last post.
    1. Thrillville: Off the Rails. As soon as I logged back on I got the goal I was talking about in the first in-game month (and it was November, the month of my birthday). Then I played Sparkle Island 2 and it was horrible. Finally I tried UFO Soccer.
    2. Lego Star Wars 2. I completed “A New Hope” and got the undefeated achievement in Chapter IV.
    3. Spyro The Dragon (Reignited Trilogy). I tried to make a jump in Artisans that I couldn’t land, so instead I went to Stone Hill. At the end I was running about looking for the last gem, and I refused to use the dragonfly’s tracking ability. The worst part is that I completed it in an e-lounge (or so I thought), but then I found it... and when I left I checked my totals and noticed there were skill points. So, I went back and ran everywhere for a pink tulip for what felt like forever... but then when I took a break and looked at the screen I noticed that it was right behind me, and it probably took less than an hour for the entire play session.
    4. Jedi Outcast. Someone let me try the Switch Lite and it was weird, it feels like the sensitivity is too strong because when I move the cursor it seems to register a lot of force. I apparently have worse aim than a Stormtrooper. At one point I grabbed a health pack and jumped off the roof area to avoid wasting time riding the elevator... and took more fall damage than I regained health. Last thing I did was get blown up by a secret(?) underground generator... twice. And I don’t like the save system. Another thing to note is that it requires an internet connection, which gives me hope that multiplayer will be restored in time.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • EA_Rtas
    1569 posts EA Moderator
    I spent most of my weekend chilling in Co-Op and playing Untitled Goose Game on Nintendo Switch. Supremely funny and charming little indie game.

qroatijczogt.png

Plus games with mischievous animals as the player character are always a win with me
  • waiting for The Last of us Part 2 and fallen order
  • Marvel's Spider-Man PS4. About 75% through the main story, trying to get Spidey as powerful as possible before fighting the end bosses. This game is way fun, especially once you unlock the cool gadgets and abilities. I'm surprised this isn't made by Rocksteady (it was Insomniac), as the arkham batman games are clearly the main influence for this game's combat system, which is fine with me. It's like playing as Batman in the daytime, but with more quippy one-liners. ha!
    "Rise."
  • ZiggyXT
    90 posts Member
    edited October 10
    I finally got around to playing Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age. Really enjoying it so far but I am only about half way through. I am also really digging the new Red Dead Online update. Wasn't a huge fan when the online launched though a friend and I did put a lot of time in it but the new jobs I am finding a lot of fun. And I am working on my yearly play through of the Mass Effect series lol.
    Post edited by ZiggyXT on
  • I played a few more games since awhile back.
    • Spyro Reignited Trilogy
    • Jak and Daxter (PS3)
    • I played Super Smash Bros Ultimate at a group and tried Banjo and Kazooie.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Mortal Kombat 11,possibly CODMW reboot when it comes out. Also some Battlefront 2 after not playing for about a year and a half lol.
  • RDR2. Holy smokes, this game is gorgeous, fun exciting and relaxing all at the same time.
    "Rise."
  • I played Super Mario Party at a friend’s house and one of my friends kept getting partners, so I joked about her building the Fellowship of the Ring and when her allies helped her in a mini game I was asking “where’s my new body!? Where’s my new troops to command!?”

I also played some Lego Avengers and Lego Worlds on the PS4 because I bought a card so that I could claim the DLC.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Destiny 2 or MNS if I have the time to sit on sculpting my cathedral base.
    "Somewhere over this horizon sit a million little dictators eager to purge society of its strengths"
    -Mk300mk

• I recently played Super Mario Sunshine to test out my Yobo and GameCube controllers, and both of them and the game seemed to control well. I also tried to get Yoshi to the island, but I kept overshooting so I gave up and tried the pachinko machine. The stupid thing keeps forcing you to the right, making the top left coin almost impossible (and there were times where I could’ve gotten it if I ground pounded or didn’t use F.L.U.D.D.). I couldn’t make it after two game overs and the worst part is that I don’t know if I got the shine or not many moons ago, since the game doesn’t list which specific shines you got.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Banjo Tooie... lots and lots of Banjo Tooie.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Call Of Duty Modern Warfare
  • I'm pretty hooked into The Outer Worlds right now. Fun, very good gameplay, and really the only bug I've run into so far was a weird sound bug.
  • EA_Rtas
    1569 posts EA Moderator
    ZiggyXT wrote: »
    I'm pretty hooked into The Outer Worlds right now. Fun, very good gameplay, and really the only bug I've run into so far was a weird sound bug.

It's legitimately one of my favorite games this year. Fantastically well made and a brilliant story, I'm about 30 hours or so in and still have loads to do and not planning on stopping playing anytime soon.

Other than that to tide me over till the release of Jedi Fallen Order I've been replaying the KOTOR games as well as Republic Commando and of course BF II
  • Since my last post I played the Yooka-Laylee Toybox demo, and Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (since I deleted my old save data where I completed the final boss... I still feel kinda bummed about it but I missed some missable badges).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • A lot of Battlefront II because GA is still fun.
    Doing pretty laughably bad at Red Dead 2 story so far, man I want to be a good guy, but I have a $300 bounty and no money to clear my name. I heard you can get arrested for a small misdemeanor, then do the time, and all will be back to normal. I'll try that. But I'm trying not to cheat online, I want to experience it raw if that makes sense.
    For Halloween tonight, I'm going to a pinball arcade that's normally pretty bright with lights, so they're going to turn the lights off. Ooh, scary. :o I'll have to play some FunHouse, that one's downright creepy with Rudy the talking head. I mean, just look at those psychotic eyebrows!
    hqdefault.jpg
    "Rise."
  • JUST now got back on the forums. I see great games being played by you guys. And some meh.

I recently traded a ps3 from a guy BRAND new for a case of 40 beverages. Wow. What a guy I swear. Anyways. I bought a ton of ps3 games and didnt even spend 70 bucks.

I've been playing Fallout 3 and New Begas immensely. I already got the platinum on FO3.
    I gave each Dead Space game a quick playthrough. I played some CoDs online and played any star wars game I could get. Lego, the force unleashed

On my ps4 I've been on/off Battlefront. Such a great game but so... AREEEGGHHH! I try to play atleast once every other night. Apex with the wife for 5 games max. Unless I win, then I give it another 5. I've never played more than 1 wins worth of games.

When I'm with the gf I still enjoy MK11 and the recent MW. I tried out Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3 and liked them a little less than I thought I would.. havent picked them up in a bit.

Do you guys think Death Stranding looks fun?
    • Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (for over 3 hours... and most of it was spent on the Border Bros. Jump rope mini-game). (I forgot that I already mentioned it, but here’s more information).
    • I completed the first two sections in Voodoo Vince: Remastered.
    • Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (Xbox 360 backwards compatibility) and I beat all the training missions and played the first level.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • ZiggyXT
    90 posts Member
    edited November 2
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    ZiggyXT wrote: »
    I'm pretty hooked into The Outer Worlds right now. Fun, very good gameplay, and really the only bug I've run into so far was a weird sound bug.

It's legitimately one of my favorite games this year. Fantastically well made and a brilliant story, I'm about 30 hours or so in and still have loads to do and not planning on stopping playing anytime soon.

Other than that to tide me over till the release of Jedi Fallen Order I've been replaying the KOTOR games as well as Republic Commando and of course BF II

Still love the game but spoke to soon about the bugs lol. People are getting a CTD on the final mission and so far the only work around is doing something people trying to do a certain type of playthrough are going to get a little annoyed by.

I've only had 2 CTD (xbox one x) before this but i'm getting the constant crash on last mission also. I'm gonna wait on a patch to see if it fixes it but i also may start 2nd playthrough while i wait hehe.
  • Currently playin' Madden 2017 (NFL football), Star Wars Battlefront (2015) "Skirmish Walker Assault", Star Wars Battlefront 2 "Co-Op" and "Instant Action".
    “There is always hope.”
  • Do you guys think Death Stranding looks fun?
    Fun? Not really. Read some reviews that were positive but still talked about it being a glorified walking simulator. It supposedly has the most complicated inventory system, and being over-encumbered is going to happen. You might not even make it up a steep hill without falling and dropping everything. It sounds like work, not entertainment. The last metal gear I played was "Solid" on the PS1, so I'm surely not the target audience anyway. (remember that nonsense of having to switch controller ports to beat the boss, I mean who would've thought to do that?)

"Rise."
  • RDR2 is starting to really annoy me in single player.....the missions REQUIRE you to kill a lot of people, with witnesses present, so of course then you get a huge bounty on your head. That's not cool. It shouldn't count when in a mandatory mission. When I'm not in a mission, I am an honorable man, but these missions require me to be a criminal, it's counter-intuitive. Am I supposed to be a criminal or a good guy? This game is confusing. I do good deeds for days but then for my next mission all that good "honor" gets taken away because the "mission" usually involves crime. Weird.
    "Rise."
  • RDR2 is starting to really annoy me in single player.....the missions REQUIRE you to kill a lot of people, with witnesses present, so of course then you get a huge bounty on your head. That's not cool. It shouldn't count when in a mandatory mission. When I'm not in a mission, I am an honorable man, but these missions require me to be a criminal, it's counter-intuitive. Am I supposed to be a criminal or a good guy? This game is confusing. I do good deeds for days but then for my next mission all that good "honor" gets taken away because the "mission" usually involves crime. Weird.

Your honor is capped a certain amount for each chapter, the higher the chapter the higher your honor can go. I am pretty sure you can't get max honor till either chapter 5 or 6. I think the game is set that way (though I agree that I can be frustrating) to make it seem your honor can go up and is easier to get as the main character starts to contemplate his actions over the length of the story.

Literally the reason I gave up on it lol. Couldnt complete a mission without 12 bounty hunters coming and killing me. Even if you try to "be good" you still rack up a bounty.
  • Thanks for the replies. Yeah I don't think they realized some people don't want endless bounties to take care of, by either paying them off or going to jail. Honor should be well, honored (dadgummit)!
    "Rise."
  • IIPrest0nII
    4780 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    @UNSANE_fan75

I've removed your last comment here. Please refrain from political discussions and keep the discussion on topic.

Thanks!
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • Ok, warning heeded. Back on topic to gaming: RDR2. I am back to being semi-honorable and have confirmed that getting arrested for a small crime (disturbing the peace by simply talking trash to the sheriff) does indeed remove large bounties. So that's good. I'm not trying for max honor, I just want to play without being hunted by bounty hunters.
    "Rise."
  • Ok, warning heeded. Back on topic to gaming: RDR2. I am back to being semi-honorable and have confirmed that getting arrested for a small crime (disturbing the peace by simply talking trash to the sheriff) does indeed remove large bounties. So that's good. I'm not trying for max honor, I just want to play without being hunted by bounty hunters.

Interesting. Maybe I'll reinstall and give it another go. Great looking game for sure.

Have you tried entering new towns in new clothes with a bandana? You can commit as MANY crimes as you want. And as long as you get out of WANTED, remove your bandana and change outfits you won't get the bounty on Arthur.
  • On the RED DEAD topic, did anyone think there was gonna be another Undead Nightmare DLC?

Have you tried entering new towns in new clothes with a bandana? You can commit as MANY crimes as you want. And as long as you get out of WANTED, remove your bandana and change outfits you won't get the bounty on Arthur.

No, but that sounds perfect. I will try that, thanks!
    "Rise."
  • I play a lot of BF2, but I also really enjoy Halo 5 and Apex Legends.
    Yeah, you know who I am...

You are part of a crew that robs banks and shoots people you are clearly a criminal in red dead 2 story not a good guy
  • I’ve played a few games since my last post, many moons ago.
    1. Sonic Lost World for the 3DS and Wii U: I got the level 3 helicopter in the 3DS version and transferred it to the Wii U version to obtain Omochao in the 3DS version. Then, I got some Red Star Rings in world 1 and beat world 2 on the Wii U version.
    2. Star Wars Racer Revenge (PS4): I completed the tournament as Anakin Skywalker, and I learned Plagueis’s secret to immorality... you hop into a pod racer and hold down L2.
    3. Steven Universe Save the Light: I completed the first area, and when I level up my units I make sure their stats are balanced... except for Connie. For her I’m going to max out attack power first, then boost her other stats. Also, Garnet starts out at level 9003 or something, but her stats are more like a level 5, I’m guessing so she doesn’t overpower everything in the game.
    4. Voodoo Vince Remastered: I beat the square, and I both screwed up the sequence to get “Power Shopper” and I needed a guide to find three magic dust vials that were in an obvious location. I then got a game over to the Bone Goliath, due to it’s stupid tail swipe attack.
    5. Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: I completed some missions and entered some passwords.
    6. Super Kirby Clash: I beat the first mission, and attempted to beat the first co-op mission in under 25 seconds... I failed that last part and it was the last heroic quest against Spark Bonkers that I need to complete.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Any Modern Warfare players here? How about that campaign? Man was it meh..
  • bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    RDR2 is starting to really annoy me in single player.....the missions REQUIRE you to kill a lot of people, with witnesses present, so of course then you get a huge bounty on your head. That's not cool. It shouldn't count when in a mandatory mission. When I'm not in a mission, I am an honorable man, but these missions require me to be a criminal, it's counter-intuitive. Am I supposed to be a criminal or a good guy? This game is confusing. I do good deeds for days but then for my next mission all that good "honor" gets taken away because the "mission" usually involves crime. Weird.

You are part of a crew that robs banks and shoots people you are clearly a criminal in red dead 2 story not a good guy

I don't play the game, but isn't the entire point to be a criminal?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ResistanceRodian
    478 posts Member
    edited November 12
    bfloo wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »
    RDR2 is starting to really annoy me in single player.....the missions REQUIRE you to kill a lot of people, with witnesses present, so of course then you get a huge bounty on your head. That's not cool. It shouldn't count when in a mandatory mission. When I'm not in a mission, I am an honorable man, but these missions require me to be a criminal, it's counter-intuitive. Am I supposed to be a criminal or a good guy? This game is confusing. I do good deeds for days but then for my next mission all that good "honor" gets taken away because the "mission" usually involves crime. Weird.

I don't play the game, but isn't the entire point to be a criminal?

It's not really to just be a criminal. Sure you do rob and kill people but that's the game forcing you to continue the story. There are so many good things you could that benefit one or many people. You can go into this game and be a saint, but you have to get your hands dirty to progress. That's Arthur Morgan's story of redemption.

Sorry, just wanna say props to ROCKSTAR.