criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Death Star Assault - Starkiller Base assault. Don't forget Starfighter Assault

I feel a little bit worried about the lack of future content for Starfighter Assault. I know it is not the most popular game mode, but it's still part of the game, and there are many players too that still play the game mode. I think maps like Death Star Assault or Starkiller Base assault should be obligatory in the game, it would be nice to have at least one of them.

Replies

• JMaster
    2170 posts Member
    Yes! The last game's Trench Run was astounding and gave me some of my favorite video game-related memories ever. Completing the entire run as Red 5 and blowing up the Death Star was one heck of a feeling. I'd also add a modified (meaning adding in more Cruisers and a tiny bit of wreckage for cover) version of the Scarif Shield Gate and Bespin Airspace to your wishlist. These maps have at least some assets that can be used, and once the servers eventually shut down they won't ever be playable. And I'm honestly shocked that Starkiller Base wasn't included in the base game. I mean... Unknown Regions? Really? All the possible locales with them, and you picked a place so few people care about it doesn't even have a proper name? I also hope they can work in a PT Naboo, which could just be the Ryloth map with Naboo from the campaign bellow, and Naboo Starfighters ( : ). Kashyyyk is also remarkably fun as well to dogfight in, they just need to add some moving Landing Craft and Republic Cruisers for a bit more cover. I'm all for more Starfighter stuff, it's a neglected mode and has been exceedingly stale for a long time. Here's hoping!
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • I also fear that SFA is going by the wayside, and it's the only mode I play. It's very enjoyable and fun, but the same maps are becoming stale. The devs and powers-that-be have had ideas thrown at them by the hundreds surely, why no love for this mode?

-Thrux
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Yes! The last game's Trench Run was astounding and gave me some of my favorite video game-related memories ever. Completing the entire run as Red 5 and blowing up the Death Star was one heck of a feeling. I'd also add a modified (meaning adding in more Cruisers and a tiny bit of wreckage for cover) version of the Scarif Shield Gate and Bespin Airspace to your wishlist. These maps have at least some assets that can be used, and once the servers eventually shut down they won't ever be playable. And I'm honestly shocked that Starkiller Base wasn't included in the base game. I mean... Unknown Regions? Really? All the possible locales with them, and you picked a place so few people care about it doesn't even have a proper name? I also hope they can work in a PT Naboo, which could just be the Ryloth map with Naboo from the campaign bellow, and Naboo Starfighters ( : ). Kashyyyk is also remarkably fun as well to dogfight in, they just need to add some moving Landing Craft and Republic Cruisers for a bit more cover. I'm all for more Starfighter stuff, it's a neglected mode and has been exceedingly stale for a long time. Here's hoping!

+1 to all of this, and then some. I’m Hero Sfa and SFA mainer so most of these updates aren’t too interesting to me.

I’d pay DLC price for the above and for a Battle over Coruscant.

pH

You do realise unknown regions is a proper name of a section of the galaxy in sw right?
  • I feel a little bit worried about the lack of future content for Starfighter Assault. I know it is not the most popular game mode, but it's still part of the game, and there are many players too that still play the game mode. I think maps like Death Star Assault or Starkiller Base assault should be obligatory in the game, it would be nice to have at least one of them.

Yep I agree, the death star dlc in the last game was so well implemented. Best thing flying that close to the surface, diving into the trenches. I would like any contebt we can get for that mode.
  • Yes, SFA is a mode that needs expanding desperately, even of it is just recycled make from the first game, it need to happen.
  • JMaster
    2170 posts Member
    Azelrazel wrote: »
    JMaster wrote: »

You do realise unknown regions is a proper name of a section of the galaxy in sw right?
    I know, but it's still called "The Unknown Regions", over any other creative name. More than that, Unknown Regions was their pick for an ST Space Map when The Force Awakens has a good battle over Starkiller! How Starkiller was passed up over a location with a generic name that most people have never heard of (and that no one has ever seen). Oh well, it just struck me as a bizarre choice, and I'm poking fun at the lazy name.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.

I know, but it's still called "The Unknown Regions", over any other creative name. More than that, Unknown Regions was their pick for an ST Space Map when The Force Awakens has a good battle over Starkiller! How Starkiller was passed up over a location with a generic name that most people have never heard of (and that no one has ever seen). Oh well, it just struck me as a bizarre choice, and I'm poking fun at the lazy name.

Yea it would have been fun to have a starkiller map

If you've seen Starkiller Base and Ach-To, you've seen some systems in the Unknown Regions. Ilum from the Clone Wars series is another example.