criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Please explain this new matchmaking thing to me please

I've been gone over a week. What is this?

Replies

• An abomination.
  • No. How does it work and what does it do specifically.
  • No. How does it work and what does it do specifically.

No one knows. If you do well with a dark or light side unit you’ll be thrown into a new server where you won’t be able to use the unit (opposite side) that the matchmaking algorithm said you were good with is my guess.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • everyone hates it and they dont care! basically it....
  • It's garbage
  • Does selecting or not selecting Match Make at the end of the round do anything. About 50% of the time I just get put into an empty lobby no matter what I do.
  • I get on strike and the only 3 maps I play on now are Naboo, Kamino. and Kashyyyk.

basically the game kicks you out and researches a new game on auto. so even though I never use the rematch making thing it puts you on it anyway.

Dice wouldn't it be better if you just game us custom privet and public lobbies? Why does everything have to be on auto pilot it Star Wars. Why not let US make our own match making choice?
    CAN IT! WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS YOU FIND A NEW GOD! B)
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »
    From what I can tell it dissolves your lobby after 2 games and puts you in a new lobby that may or may not be populated.

They have said that they use a matchmaking algorithm when you first join a match. Now they seem to be re-using that algorithm over and over by forcing everyone to find a new lobby throughout their gaming experience.

It is not a good system if you ask me. It takes too much time and you end up on too many repeat maps. I don’t know why they didn’t just use a shuffle algorithm and make it compatible with new players filling in the lobby you are already in.

What they should do is remove SBMM from swbf2 and the servers will be fine, I don't understand why they need to shuffle the servers every 2 games. I wanna play the game, not be placed in empty lobbies after 2 matches. I don't know who is incharge of DICE's matchmaking at their HQ but you need to have someone investigate why you guys are always having Matchmaking issues. I don't get why its so hard to achieve, just drop Server Selection like in Battlefield and ALL your issues are solved.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Reel707 wrote: »
    I get on strike and the only 3 maps I play on now are Naboo, Kamino. and Kashyyyk.

basically the game kicks you out and researches a new game on auto. so even though I never use the rematch making thing it puts you on it anyway.

Dice wouldn't it be better if you just game us custom privet and public lobbies? Why does everything have to be on auto pilot it Star Wars. Why not let US make our own match making choice?

No during the weekend they did some Limited maps for testing, I don't know why during the quick spawn event but ok. Thanks DICE
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    I get on strike and the only 3 maps I play on now are Naboo, Kamino. and Kashyyyk.

No during the weekend they did some Limited maps for testing, I don't know why during the quick spawn event but ok. Thanks DICE

either way I hate it.
    CAN IT! WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS YOU FIND A NEW GOD! B)
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    SVEJ wrote: »

either way I hate it.

Yeah i got to play on sunday and it was ONLY crait, sk base, jakku and takodana, like only 2 playable maps, jakku and takodana are just horrible maps.
  • Yeah, it seems like every times it matchmakes at EOR, it puts me in a LESS balanced match.
  • Scout1998 wrote: »
    An abomination.

Agree, the first team I played was good, we played through all three phases. Then the matching process begun and I was placed in a beginner’s team or just with some bad players. It would only get worse. In one of the team’s I was the only one pushing the objective.

Sounds good on paper but executes poorly
  • It puts you in empty lobbies, makes you play the same map over and over and the same side over and over, breaks up the map rotation
  • Played for 3 hours last night and had the same 3 maps over and over again. Naboo, kashyk and kamino. Plus some very unbalanced matches.

Imo they should scrap the whole thing. Matchmaking has never been a big issue, give us new content instead
  • What I’ve assumed is that this, a like previous efforts, is a test. Just like they’ve said. This is not the finished product, but rather a data collection period. Dice has had EoR MM for other games for quite a long time and you weren’t forced out of lobbies every two matches. This is not the full implementation.
  • What I’ve assumed is that this, a like previous efforts, is a test. Just like they’ve said. This is not the finished product, but rather a data collection period. Dice has had EoR MM for other games for quite a long time and you weren’t forced out of lobbies every two matches. This is not the full implementation.
    This is how I look at it as well. What we had was not the finished product.

A few people have mentioned that having a server browser would make unbalanced games a thing of the past. How? I am not trying to br funny I am just curious as it seems to me that a team that is steamrolling wouldn’t willingly leave and new players coming in would automatically go to the emptier team.

In my mind, a team shuffle before a new map would be the best way forward. You still play each map in the rotation but with different players on your team if necessary. There would be no wait for the server to fill as everyone who stayed from previous round would still be there.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • Waiting simulator 2018
  • What I’ve assumed is that this, a like previous efforts, is a test. Just like they’ve said. This is not the finished product, but rather a data collection period. This is not the full implementation.

That’d be fine in a beta build... but the game has been out for nearly a year. Two DLCs have launched, one about to arrive. You don’t start obliterating a core concept of the game now.

Doesn’t DICE have testers? You know, people who play the patch beforehand and offer critiques? Wouldn’t they be a better group to test it on than the already withering player base, consisting of many returning players for CW who will uninstall at the drop of a hat once they see the game back to its old bad ways?
  • Scout1998 wrote: »
    An abomination.

Agreed
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Waiting simulator 2018

....but the wait is NOT simulated.
  • I had no previous knowledge before I saw this post about the new matchmaking system.

It doesn't sound too good based on the feedback. And honestly, looking through all of these post (and doing a little bit more research) I might make a post on what a proper matchmaking system would be like in BF 2017. As battlefront fans, we must critique the game for it to be better. Standby for post...
    gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.
  • Yavin 4. Yavin 4. Yavin 4. Yavin 4. Yavin 4..... Now for 2 hours.. Over and over and over and over and over and over...... What the hell is going on?