criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

EOR Matchmaking Tweaks

Replies

• This matchmaking is stupid.....why would I want to be in a team I just destroyed?
  • Sadly our voices fall on deaf ears, perhaps something else is needed...
  • good, hopefully you all realize that spawn timers literally have no place in this game as well... so there is something else that could be easily changed to benefit the players experience in the game. obviously you all could implement this since we had it all last weekend, it kinda seems like a no brainer.
  • I haven't got any problem with EOR matchmaking. Really balanced matches. Only more slow to find a match, not much.

Good work developers! This is the right path.Continuing working.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Got steamrolled, in HvV intentionally hit Matchmake, and what did it do? Put me in a "different" match with the same 4 member squad I had just "left".
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Needs more than a tweak, it needs to go, playing same map and same side 5x in a row, ewok hunt has the least players and Still matchmaking, playing blast and my team lost by 2 kills and guess what matchmaking, i give you 10/10 for trying but 0/10 for the way it works, just remove it and do us all a favour.
  • If there's a group dominating a bunch of blue berries, then the matchmaking should find another group to play against. Just steamrolling every game with a 10+ man group that got out of hand real quick needs to be addressed tbh.

Just saying because were just too good and we are literally making your player base ragequit the games
  • Honestly whatever they did since the weekend has been a huge improvement. It's still not great and has split up my party putting us in 2 different matches after a round, but there is no longer a 15 minutes wait between matches, timed it 5 times and averaged about 45 seconds before the next match started the countdown to start. There needs to be a system that keeps everyone in the same server instead of spreading players up, especially parties. There were only two of us in a party and we got split up 3 times and then gave up being in a party. The wait time between matches isn't great, but it's a step up from where it was and isn't so bad that the game is unplayable like this weekend.

Still doesn't seem like there is much matchmaking going on rather than shuffling since after going 52-4 in a game it remade the teams so it was 5v3 in favor of me and lead to the entire team quitting within 2 minutes of the game starting. Teams still seemed stacked which is hard to prevent completely, but there should be some attempt to deal with it instead of just random teams that can often lead to 3 or 4 good players being on the same team against completely new people. Overall, since the weekend, it's an improvement and if it keeps getting better than this it's finally a step in the right direction.
  • this is ridiculous
  • what about the "getting booted to another server" issue
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    i dont think you did a good "improvement" im back to the same issues ive had before the ping site fix came in, now its 2x the loading for games and 1/2 of the games, and an increase in empty lobbies. So im unsure of what is going on.
  • EightMile
    1864 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We're currently in the process of rolling out some backend changes to Star Wars Battlefront II.

We saw some big improvements in the 'time to matchmake' from the last deployment we did, and the goal of this one is to improve it further. Please keep the feedback coming.

@F8RGE Turn it off. If it is not turned I quit. There will be a mass exodus from this game. I will not play again until it is gone completely. What part of turn it off does dice not understand. Read the feedback. READ IT. People are asking for it to be turned off. You have ruined this game completely.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • F8RGE
    843 posts EA Community Manager
    We're seeing some nice improvements in matchmaking time on Galactic Assault. Let us know your own experiences.

Since the last few tweaks, the time to matchmake has dropped considerably. As always, happy to read your own feedback.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    We're seeing some nice improvements in matchmaking time on Galactic Assault. Let us know your own experiences.

Since the last few tweaks, the time to matchmake has dropped considerably. As always, happy to read your own feedback.

I dont know where you see improvements because on Strike it is a disaster. I get put in to games that are almost finished and then end up in an empty lobby after it is done. Just please turn this nonsense off.
  • I just closed the game after have played 6times naboo and 3 times kashyyk in a row, i dont know what say
  • Good to hear!

Are there any stats in regards to if lobbies are fuller?

LOL
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • I've basically given up - gone back to the 2015 game instead.

Why this game is better
  • No improvements seen, it's still just as bad. Turn it off!
  • Turn.....it.......off!
  • This is the longest I've gone without playing the game. Waiting for this awful MM to be switched off
  • First you guys want matchmaking, then you don't. I can't keep up. Give dice a chance to test it and get it right and then we can see if it works.
  • Taylor10696
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I give up!
  • @F8RGE - your comments seem to be focused only on time - that's great of that's what your dev team is focused on, but please note, and acknowledge that the problems that are frustrating some of us aren't just about the time - it' crazy repetitious map rotation, and being forced out of teams/games/servers that we might want to remain in...
  • @F8RGE time to matchmake is not the largest issue. Getting thrown into new servers and random maps/sides are. And playing a balanced game just to be thrown somewhere else with new players is also a problem.

Can you please explain the benefits of this new system compared to no EOR matchmaking? It seems as if you are not addressing anyone’s feedback in this forum...
  • @F8RGE - Please scrap matchmaking. It was better when....

* same players could keep competing against each other in rounds
    * we knew we would be on the opposite faction next round (not being forced to be a villain round after round)
    * We would play two rounds on each faction then move on to a new map with same teams.... who by then were getting into eachothers tactics
    * We had a much better chance of getting a game when players could stay on with mostly same players

Conclusion.... the old way was far more competitive and faster...please dump matchmaking completely.
  • There's also a glitch when you join a new server that shows you the stats and players from the last game you were in, as if the match is just ending, even if it's a differemt map or mode.

I went from a HvV game to a Hero Starfighters game, and saw the same names and scores from the HvV game, which I obviously realize is not possible.

You can see my earlier post in this thread, complaining about getting matchmaked with the same team from before. I only later realized that it was this glitch again.

Who knows how many people are quitting what otherwise might be good matches, because they think they're playing the same group, when it's actually this (new) glitch?
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Chico
    417 posts Member
    I have to agree with the comments just made. I have noticed that generally lobbies are filling quicker recently (although was put into a GA lobby earlier today with 16 required, so me and 3 others, and left after a couple of minutes when no-one else joined). However, even since the full rotation was brought back I have only played around 4 or 5 different maps, with Naboo and Kashyyyk being almost constantly selected. I want to be able to play the full rotation unless I decide to matchmake. Please help @F8RGE, you are my only hope!
  • Dash wrote: »
    Idk what MM/Auto Team Shuffle system Battlefront 2015 had, but it worked 10 times better than the system we are currently using.

This reinventing of the wheel is starting to get on my nerves and I’m the most patient person on the forums.

I’ll continue to play and enjoy myself, but these basic functions of an FPS need to hit that sweet spot and fast. Especially before holiday season kicks in full swing early November to start of January.

Thank you for the ongoing work/efforts as well as communication. It is appreciated.

Just my two cents.

I completely share this sentiment!
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    Honestly and rationally...

Nobody wants to end a lobby after 1 or 2 games. This is the wrong approach. I will admit my games have been fairly even but this isn’t the path to game balancing you should be on.

Shuffle teams, don’t end lobbies. When you shuffle, find a way to balance with incoming players that are filling any vacancies. Do this and keep friends on the same team as much as possible and keep friends on squads while maintaining a the same amount of time between matches as previously and you will have a winner.

I get what you guys were going for (DICE). Your algorithm for getting a decent balance in a new lobby is not bad so you are trying to make it recycle lobbies more often to keep balance but it isn’t good to automatically dissolve decent lobbies the way you are doing it.

Either stop it or let us know that you are still testing. If you are still testing, break the tests up into smaller periods of time so it doesn’t get so annoying.

If you want ideas for an algorithm to make shuffle work. Start a post asking for community feedback and we can give you some solid ideas. I am sure there will be some bad ideas, but there will likely be some good practical approaches presented as well.

That is all. Thank you.

This is high quality feedback.
    We're currently in the process of rolling out some backend changes to Star Wars Battlefront II.

We saw some big improvements in the 'time to matchmake' from the last deployment we did, and the goal of this one is to improve it further. Please keep the feedback coming.
    F8RGE wrote: »

So the testing phase isn’t over. Good, this isn’t the finished product yet. The MM time is fine now, but like others, I experience lobby shuffling every 1 to 2 matches. I’m certain you understand that in the end, it should be able to determine when not to do this. Most of the time lobbies were self balancing every 3-5 matches anyway, just from players coming and going normally.

Gratitude for this information and appreciation for your continuing efforts.

My expierence is I quit because of this MM system. I keep checking to see when it’s turned off... I stay disappointed with this game, why do I do this to myself?
  • Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    Well, here I go again. Lets start the game and see what is the dayly mess thats awaiting.

Some feedback in a while.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!