criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

EOR Matchmaking Tweaks

Replies

• was playing blast tonight and match making took me back to the menu screen. second time of this happening today!
  • I miss being in a full rotation which now is impossible and when you are forced to search a fresh new game you run the risk of joining games already in progress and playing the same map over and over and over
  • Can we not be put into games already in progress?
  • Had the same old crap last night, same maps I have been getting tired of ... but at the end I did get to play Crait twice. Haven't seen that map in almost two weeks so enjoyed that. I don't know why DICE seems to go out of their way to constantly mess things up.

Rather than simple in lobby team shuffle, which everybody here seems to agree is the only real change needed, they have made empty lobbies, repeat maps, missing maps a big thing.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    Can we not be put into games already in progress?

We can and we do, on the losing side, because half the team has left due to steamroll.

Good times.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • 3pm on a Saturday afternoon and I can't even find a game of Blast!! 😕
  • Starfighter Assault!..6th time of trying to find a game. Dumped into a server with two people. When is enough gonna be enough??...can we please dump these pile of trash match making!!
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why hasn't this been turned off yet?

Because they seem to think they making progress lol, what ever data there looking at must be the republican of Congo server which has 16 regulars so they always have quick matching the same 16 together. Lol I just hope if they don't turn it off they break it in next patch so it doesn't do anything.
  • Just got kicked into a lobby with 2 other people in it in SFA after a great match. Everyone left and I can't find a game now.

Please turn this feature off.

-Thrux
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    If by some chance you keep this matching making is there any chance of adding space invaders mini game while we wait for servers to fill up ? I not joking btw I'd be happy to play the old classic space invaders for 10-15 mins while a ewok hunt room fills up
  • SVEJ I was just sitting here thinking the same thing
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • When is it going to be tweaked so that only pressing the button makes it kick in!!!!!!
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    Not sure if this is real or not but one game my weapons do normal damage and then next lobby or server they dont do as much as they should. Like im not sure if im in a HIGH ping zone server or what but this is getting extremely annoying.

It looks like it moves you to different regions from what I can tell
  • Gree_1004_
    35 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    My biggest problem is playing on the same 4 maps every day. I want to be able to play in all eras. Can someone tell me when it is turned off because I sure am not playing until it is turned off.
    {MOD EDIT: LANGUAGE}
    Post edited by F03hammer on
  • Omniscient
    777 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    SVEJ wrote: »
    Not sure if this is real or not but one game my weapons do normal damage and then next lobby or server they dont do as much as they should. Like im not sure if im in a HIGH ping zone server or what but this is getting extremely annoying.

I haven’t been in to test but, given the ping site changes, has anyone cross-referenced the server lobby zone change with whether or not they have “Default” chosen for ping site location?

If you have Default selected, I would say server bouncing is expected. If, however, you have a specific ping site selected, and matchnerfing sends you to a different region, then add this to the long list of EA/DICE fubar implementations.

Can someone verify?
  • spoons10696
    105 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Trying to play blast again. Forced matchmaking!..dumped into servers with one or two people continually, they leave and then waiting to fill up. Delay between games is terrible!! This needs to be turned off. What are they thinking!!!
  • Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    Guessing...

- System let a map be played by the same ppl who started it, and let them play on both sides
    - When map (2 rounds) is finished then 'start matchmaking'
    - Then the EOR matchmaking system creates a new lobby with the former players that have similar stats on the EOR data we can see at the end of the map
    - Sometimes just a bunch of player hits the specs needed by the EOR matchmaking, so just a few players or even 4 players are the starting members of the new lobby (or maybe just you alone).
    - The rest of the former players are placed in lobbies with similar EOR results from the map just played
    - This way sometimes the new lobby for the new map may contain most of the players from the former lobby, or the players must have been scattered in several lobbies depending on the EOR data, with the objective of creating matches starting with players that have similar stats and filled up with newcomers.

This is my guess about how EOR matchmaking works.

PS: I'll post this, maybe my guess is correct...
  • zOmbi880
    24 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    DICE please don`t touch this game anymore, go kill battlefield 5!

Everything what are you doing only worsens a game:

1) Bad balance? Well so already whole month at the weekend we do not have it
    2) Fixed bugs? Of course not, sound bug don`t fix, likely it will be fixed in the third part in one of DLC by means of a lootbox
    3) New maps? One and that corridor
    4) New Heroes? We have something it is better than new Heroes! Skins of Heroes! And the soldier (the truth they are on a Nexus)
    5)Vehicle? In the following part!
    6) Loan from the previous part? Still as!
    7) Patches, updates? Of course, time in half a year, with a heap of bugs and an imbalance
    8) Optimization of a netkod who is vital to a network game? No, play an arcade
    9) Anticheat? No, but you can complain (the truth to us all the same)
  • SVEJ wrote: »

Pretty much my experience. I'm an average trooper but better than average pilot and on SA today I'm getting insta-killed while it's taking me a longish time to take down an opponent. Now I still consistently end top of my team, always top five but something nonetheless feels off. Is it lag? Is it some other kind of matchmaking? I don't know. And I no longer care. I'm out. I may be back occasionally for a Star Wars fix but its AC: Odyssey and RDR2 for me from now on. I know I won't be missed, no need to say it...
  • I have noticed match quality go down considerably. Yet again playing along the noobs.
  • Omniscient wrote: »

I haven’t been in to test but, given the ping site changes, has anyone cross-referenced the server lobby zone change with whether or not they have “Default” chosen for ping site location?

If you have Default selected, I would say server bouncing is expected. If, however, you have a specific ping site selected, and matchnerfing sends you to a different region, then add this to the long list of EA/DICE fubar implementations.

Can someone verify?

I got thrown into a lobby on US west Virginia while I had EU Germany selected on friday night and happened again on Saturday.
  • Often i got thrown into the Main Menu screen over the weekend after the EOR Matchmaking ended, its extremely crappy :/

Also was playing on US Virginia PC yesterday on Naboo & both side had 6 Heroes active at the same time.. glitch? didn't mind though.. Hero UnLeashed :love:
  • astrotrain101
    346 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Just played 5 games in a row. Awesome fights and didn't get booted so im assuming this is the result of a hot fix,,, or a fluke, dunno lol. And that's the worst part,,, I don't know

edit: Must have been a fluke, just seen a third of one side get booted from a great server after a great game
    Post edited by astrotrain101 on
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Just played 5 games in a row. Awesome fights and didn't get booted so im assuming this is the result of a hot fix,,, or a fluke, dunno lol. And that's the worst part,,, I don't know

There is no hotfix at all, DICE doesnt do hotfixes, well if it's to boost heroes and to protect rey and wookiees they instantly fix the game but other than that they dont drop hotfixes at all, we have to wait till oct 30th for sure.
  • Yes I agree SVEJ. I must have been kidding myself

Can someone verify?

Default is simply you closest region, with the best ping. I have never been switched to another region. Xbox, Virginia servers.
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »

Can someone verify?

I got thrown into a lobby on US west Virginia while I had EU Germany selected on friday night and happened again on Saturday.

I guess that confirms it, then. Once again, the lack of testing and use of logic by EA/DICE rears its ugly head.

They must have an office pool to see who can commit the most errors to the code base.

Can someone verify?

Default is simply you closest region, with the best ping. I have never been switched to another region. Xbox, Virginia servers.

It’s not that simple. “Default” starts at the closest ping. However, when a match is not found, it moves on to the next nearest ping (and so on until EA deems your ping to be too high).
    Draco_RSA wrote: »

Can someone verify?

I guess that confirms it, then. Once again, the lack of testing and use of logic by EA/DICE rears its ugly head.

They must have an office pool to see who can commit the most errors to the code base.

Can someone verify?

It’s not that simple. “Default” starts at the closest ping. However, when a match is not found, it moves on to the next nearest ping (and so on until EA deems your ping to be too high).

Ok. Just my experience then. Ping is always between 40’s and 60’s. Always a match to be found.
    Draco_RSA wrote: »

Can someone verify?

Can someone verify?

If that's the case, it would explain the lag issues folks are reporting.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • rollind24
    5822 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Me reading this thread after reading months and months of crying for matchmaking expecting to keep solo and teamed up players happy
    wxtksj7zo3ei.gif
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I try to stay positive most of the time but I can't say this system is an improvement. All we wanted was to shuffle the players once a new map starts.
  • Still no answers from the devs, this is a utter joke.
  • they dont like logic.
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    was playing blast tonight and match making took me back to the menu screen. second time of this happening today!

Happened to me about 5 times last night - I gave up because I couldn't even get into a game...
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    We've got some back-end changes going live this morning in Star Wars Battlefront II which should improve the EOR MM experience. There will be no downtime required for this.

Changes have already begun to roll out, but will take time to propagate throughout our servers, and platforms.

You guys need to fix EOR matchmaking or scrap it. Everytime it happens in Extraction me and 1-2 players get sent to a dead lobby. Then, trying to find another match takes way too long.
  • Have only played one hour since the recent MM changes and it seemed to take longer to load a game compared to when EOR MM was shut off. The games were fairly balanced one ending on round 3 Crait and another on round 2. The very first game it joined me into the middle of a Deathstar II match that was steam rolled, after that the EOR took effect and the Crait matches were more balanced. But until the bugs being reported are fixed I hope the whole match making feature is turned back off or optional going forward.
  • No response from anyone on the Dice team.
    They killed it.
    Game over...
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Speedjack wrote: »
    There is a huge issue with the squad system and the matchmaking. I play with friends and after the eor mm, on the first round we are not in the same squad ! Fix it please. You said that you want people playing together as a squad. We dont have to wait until round 2. Please remove the eor mm until you fix it.

Yes. This is the biggest issue with MM for me. You are now only in a squad with your group 50% of the time since it typically auto switches you from the lobby every two matches. It is switching lobbies way too much. The matches are more balanced overall, though.
  • Ive never had an issue with grouping with friends. You have to be in the same party or you will get split up on different teams.

but your either with a overly good team or with people who only get a few kills per round team. its kinda rare to get a balanced game where its actually fun to play.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!