criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

EOR Matchmaking Tweaks

Replies

• Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    Zappa2510 wrote: »
    Ive never had an issue with grouping with friends. You have to be in the same party or you will get split up on different teams.

but your either with a overly good team or with people who only get a few kills per round team. its kinda rare to get a balanced game where its actually fun to play.

Ive suffered it. Party with friends (but ingame, not on Origin) and then splitted in two squads (or three) in the same team.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    We've got some back-end changes going live this morning in Star Wars Battlefront II which should improve the EOR MM experience. There will be no downtime required for this.

Changes have already begun to roll out, but will take time to propagate throughout our servers, and platforms.

6 days and no removal of this crap eormm that everyone hates and Dice has lied to the players and killed this game. I dont blame you F8RGE but at this point the game is a wasteland.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • spoons10696
    105 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Playing Extraction and Blast was brutal last night!.....dumped into empty servers that take an eternity to fill still. And all the Blast matches were blow outs!.....not one close game. We either steamrolled or got steamrolled. This matchmaking isnt working, Ben on twitter does not respond to any messages regarding this issue but if you ask him anything else then he respond's (funny that eh) so its clear they are just ignoring this issue and any comments they are getting about it. This game is broken, they dont care and have swiftly swept it under the rug for good.
  • I think at this point im gonna just quit playing...its been fun guys!
  • Had some good games in ga and extraction yesterday, but then thrown out of those lobbies and into either steamrolls or empty lobbies.

Many times it has been asked that the game be reverted to a previous update and this is no different. Obviously, they have been reluctant to do so in the past, so that doesn't bode well for matchmaking going forward.
  • https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/122772/matchmaking-is-fixed#latest

^^^^This thread suggest EoRMM is fixed. What are your thoughts on this?
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • Skowsa wrote: »
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/122772/matchmaking-is-fixed#latest

^^^^This thread suggest EoRMM is fixed. What are your thoughts on this?

It is NOT fixed. Empty lobbies. After every full round you are put in a new team that is usually not 50% full and you have NO option to opt out of matchmaking.
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • GA-
    Played one round. Steamroll.
    EOR MM
    Server needs 15. Wait 2-3 min. NO ONE added. Ever.
    Quit.
    Joined a game during phase 2. Teams were 13 v 15. Steamroll. Quit.
    Joined a full game. Steamroll.
    No more BF2 for the night.

The worst part about this system? You can't run from a bad lobby. EOR MM will ensure you get put back into a bad lobby soon.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Can't believe this is still in the game. Pathetic!
  • The devs wont respond. The people in control of the forums removed the sticky on the thread to bury it. I am in complete disbelief. We paid for this junk? We asked for this? Apparently no one gives a rats nats.
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • EightMile wrote: »
    The devs wont respond. The people in control of the forums removed the sticky on the thread to bury it. I am in complete disbelief. We paid for this junk? We asked for this? Apparently no one gives a rats nats.

To be honest i even stopped posting as i see it falls on deaf ears :(

I have almost 400h in game, and i am just casual gamer, and last week i had enough of steamrolling, enough of waiting in lobbies, if i would like that i just would quit the match and join another lobby.

i see they are taking it a step forward with removing the sticky, but it will not take away the frustration from ppl.
    i do believe that the ultimate goal here is just to bury the game, tell Disney - hey guys it does not work, we need to build a new one. Otherwise i am sure someone would reply like hey, we took the testing for a longer sprint (love to pay for a product i am beta testing !) we see it does not work, in next release we will bring back the old system with team shuffle... but no... it seams no one in DICE cares no one in EA cares and no one in Disney cares about SWBF2, and why should they ? it is not bringing money... from my perspective i would rather have back the paid star cards, but have good content flow and good maintenance of the product. i was never for taking it away, as anyways you will always have players on top of the game (i have all the basic classes plus enforcer on max lvl), playing with ppl who just started the game, and have 1-10 lvl classes - where is the difference, i see none.
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Please turn off MM! So I can start enjoying the game again
  • EV02AAA wrote: »
    I'm seriously debating even coming back when Grievous releases. Never thought I'd get to that point, but why play a game that frustrates me like this? I sit down to play games when I need to relax, not to beta test a brand new match making system that continuously throws me out of full lobbies. Since when did Star Wars and its player base become the new mass beta tester for EA?

17 November 2017.

Nicely played!
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • why no response? why ask for feedback and then do nothing?
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why is this still turned on?

Unlimited (staying) Power!
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • so we have double XP weekend + EOR MM "tweak" = normal XP as you waste time in empty lobbies, genius.

Wonder how long it will take them to realize it is not working...
  • Eshtazaki wrote: »
    so we have double XP weekend + EOR MM "tweak" = normal XP as you waste time in empty lobbies, genius.

I'm sure they are aware that it's not working. That's the sad part.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • After the first match I keep getting put into lobbies with only 4players per team, so I quit start again and usually get put into a game that is half way through. Sort it out, just turn matchmaking off for the love of yoda
    so we have double XP weekend + EOR MM "tweak" = normal XP as you waste time in empty lobbies, genius.

Probably sometime after doomsday. They seem to think it will be a loss of "face" to admit it doesn't work.

Seemingly like politicians, they think by ignoring it or saying how good it is the problem will disappear and people will stop complaining about it. Thing is it doesn't work for politicians, so I don't know why they think this attitude will work for them.

Also BF3? IF DICE are involved I won't be buying it after this.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Turn off this garbage!!

Probably sometime after doomsday. They seem to think it will be a loss of "face" to admit it doesn't work.

Seemingly like politicians, they think by ignoring it or saying how good it is the problem will disappear and people will stop complaining about it. Thing is it doesn't work for politicians, so I don't know why they think this attitude will work for them.

Also BF3? IF DICE are involved I won't be buying it after this.

Ace speeder pilot.
  • jonci
    1113 posts Member
    Lost 6 friends i usually compete with in this game due to this, they have quit playing. Cheers for that.
    I don't see any reason to do EOR MM and repeat the same maps (and same side), or get slung in to empty lobbies.
    What makes it worse, it even has the cheek to say one of us started the bloody search.
  • Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    I really dislike te EOR MM System.

But Ive never experienced that 'repeating the same maps/playing the same side' stuff. Never. Im playing on PC.
  • jonci
    1113 posts Member
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    I really dislike te EOR MM System.

But Ive never experienced that 'repeating the same maps/playing the same side' stuff. Never. Im playing on PC.

So am i (PC) If you haven't had these issues then you are lucky and i hope you don't it's terrible.
  • This needs to be turned off.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • @F8RGE Radio Silence
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Red Dead Redemption II is beautiful.

Interesting that Rockstar delayed the game continually and were criticised for over-working their developers right up to launch (and the multiplayer isn't live yet) to polish the game as much as possible. Rockstar's last major release was the biggest grossing game so their approach makes money... Just sayin'.
  • Draco_RSA
    459 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    45 freaking minutes to get a game, play half a effing round then get match make into an empty server. Search for a new game, get one ...sound bug. Quit the game search for a lobby and find one after 15 mins. Play the same map, match making happens and again an empty lobby. What the heck??!!

Edited to remove cursing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • @F8RGE Radio Silence

A few lies about it on twitter was the last we heard about EoR MM.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Ok, here is why I hate this EOR system. I see a friend is playing Starfighter Assault and they are on the Endor map so I click on "Join game". Join my mate on the Rebels team, we are in phase 2 and the Imperial team is well within reach of achieving its objectives for Phase 2. I get quite a few kills but they kill all the mines and so now into the final phase, and the Imperials have 215 tickets left. A couple of other players must have joined our team, as we come from behind and defeat the Imperials with the Mon Cal Cruiser still having 51% left on the sensor clusters.

We start the 2nd round. I'm on the Imperial team. We start the game with only 4 players on our team whilst the Rebels have 8 players. The Rebels unsurprisingly defeat us in phase 1, and this is what the map looks like before EOR matchmaking kicks in -

hhaskfebxd63.png

So I watch the matchmaking do it's "magic" and this is what I'm confronted with af6ter it tells my I'm onto Kamino -

m3czl8lykk38.png

Yep I'm in a lobby by myself. Gee thanks.

So, I go searching for a new game on the German server (which I thought my initial game was on) and this is what I got -

ddwicx44dtrf.png

This is why this crapola system does not work despite what our Devs keep telling us.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Ok, here is why I hate this EOR system. I see a friend is playing Starfighter Assault and they are on the Endor map so I click on "Join game". Join my mate on the Rebels team, we are in phase 2 and the Imperial team is well within reach of achieving its objectives for Phase 2. I get quite a few kills but they kill all the mines and so now into the final phase, and the Imperials have 215 tickets left. A couple of other players must have joined our team, as we come from behind and defeat the Imperials with the Mon Cal Cruiser still having 51% left on the sensor clusters.

We start the 2nd round. I'm on the Imperial team. We start the game with only 4 players on our team whilst the Rebels have 8 players. The Rebels unsurprisingly defeat us in phase 1, and this is what the map looks like before EOR matchmaking kicks in -

hhaskfebxd63.png

So I watch the matchmaking do it's "magic" and this is what I'm confronted with af6ter it tells my I'm onto Kamino -

m3czl8lykk38.png

Yep I'm in a lobby by myself. Gee thanks.

So, I go searching for a new game on the German server (which I thought my initial game was on) and this is what I got -

ddwicx44dtrf.png

This is why this crapola system does not work despite what our Devs keep telling us.

same as my testing
    miss matched games and the lobbies only 25% full
    very few team swaps
    usually you get stuck on a new team with the same 2 maps
    not playing at all for at least 2 weeks
    dont care about new heros
    game is broken
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • yes

it's bad

turn off

please!
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    @F8RGE Can you please provide me evidence of POSITIVE feedback from the testing? I've gotten EMPTY lobbies over and over and OVER again! I don't get it, why di you even bother doing EOR in the first place? You fixed the ping issues and now you brought it back, searching WEST US OREGON and getting game sin Europe, like HOW???

Ben, like honestly please please tell us the positive feedback you are getting because the experience I am receiving is quite the opposite of what you guys are "getting"
  • @F8RGE if you want to improve balance, then either everybody should be able to see where all 20 of their team mates are. or groups do not get to see where their group mates are.

at the moment solo players are so disadvantaged because they can't see anyone on the map where as groups of 10 see all 10 of their team mates (ok, 9 if you want to be exact) and that is a huuuuge advantage.
  • Hmm so this thingy is still on, ok so not installing it back :(
    Going to buy
    Wolfenstein II The new colossus instead (i do not have a console, so no RDR2 for me yet ;( )
    and play something with more fun into it.
    Or maybe a replay of
    DOOM

THAT'S HOW BAD SWBF2 currently IS. Is this feedback enough already for you Dev Team ?
    - Two weeks of constant plead for reverting back to old system...

Can you pretty please rollback to the previous matchmaking system ? so i can happily install SWBF2 back and start enjoying my (along it would seem with a lot of other ppl who are not into this new EOR FORCEFUL server switch)
    <past tense>

favorite game
    </past tense>

Nobody asked for it
    It is not working
    it gives more lag (5 - 20 min from my previous experience) between matches
    there are numerous cases when ppl are almost always playing the same map over and over again - i was among them
    If for 2 Hour gameplay we spend ~50 min in lobby looking for a game, and when we find one it is often that we are trown in to existing match close to over it is not even funny any more.

To be honest i am about an inch to just give up that you will ever fix this (just like sound bug).

But until i have it in me, i will constantly remind you of this EOR MM "Tweak" - and how it is not working.
  • honestly you all are never gonna get a response here. you would be better off tweeting them. only thing you will hear from here is warnings trying to get us to move on from complaining about this and speaking the truth.
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    honestly you all are never gonna get a response here. you would be better off tweeting them. only thing you will hear from here is warnings trying to get us to move on from complaining about this and speaking the truth.

hmmm do not have twitter :| so not possible, also will try to keep it civil ;) .

but until then :) the time i would spend on SWBF2 i will spend in forums kindly reminding "is EOR MM off already ? " :)
  • Turn this off...
    hojevrxvarht.png
    honestly you all are never gonna get a response here. you would be better off tweeting them. only thing you will hear from here is warnings trying to get us to move on from complaining about this and speaking the truth.

They don't respond on twitter either. I keep at it every day here and on twitter. They refuse to answer. Very nice and caring devs we have on the DICE team.

truth
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • Just had one awesome game, we lost but it was a great fight then BAM, Magrathea!! Oops I meant some foreign server. Game over
    Need my scanner fixed please
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!