criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

EOR Matchmaking Tweaks

12346Next

Replies

• I got the shock of my life today, I played a whole map rotation in Starfighter Assault without being placed in an empty lobby or having to double play maps :open_mouth:
    If EOR was like this all the time I could almost like it. Thing is I dare say it was so seamless due to more people being online because of the Double XP Weekend, as prior to this weekend since the EOR has been on I've never done that in Starfighter Assault.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Blinker wrote: »
    The games turning into a joke, its more of a screen watching than actual playing. I spend more time looking at pre game screen than playing the game I paid for, how much more do we have to suffer before one of you devs grows a pair and addresses are concerns ? Or arnt any of you man enough ?

It is just a wild hypothesis, but maybe the ones with
    a pair left on the 40 dev's exodus

So we are left with smaller team, and they just want to kill this project, to move on to idk Battlefield VI Royale or something...
    Just my personal opinion, but i dislike this kind of games, am big fan of big co-op so i mostly was playing GA or Conquest in BF1 - and yes i do play the objective :p
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why is this still turned on?

Because it's giving back "POSITIVE" feedback, i think DICE is looking at it being turned on and working as the positive but ignoring the actual results/feedback. Not sure why it kicks everyone out of the lobby when it's whole purpose is to FILL the lobbies.
  • Eor mm doesn't work!
  • MCA26
    177 posts Member
    Terrible night with the MM system. Every GA game played (the only mode that actually works for me) it booted me to empty servers afterwards. Would take a while to find a new server and then would boot again.
  • Liz4rD
    1058 posts Member
    Use this link to report on EA Answers, we must try every method and site (including Twitter and Reddit) to make them hear us.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/123025/eor-mm-system-report-in-this-ea-answers-link
  • Liz4rD wrote: »

Thanks for this :) , do not know how much it will change but did post over there as well.
  • Please remove matching... keep getting moved to empty games have been spending more time waiting for games to fill up then have been playing. Has made the game very upsetting. Not happy with it at all
  • I play with a lot of different groups, especially for HvV and Starfighter Assault. Most people who play do not actually come to these forums to report. I've encouraged them to, but most don't bother. But EVERYONE I play with on PS4 is having issues. And when we play in multiplayer groups, we experience even more matchmaking problems. I'm surprised that anyone is reporting positive experiences, because everyone I play with has been having only negative issues with the matchmaking. This is not a success, players are booted from groups during matchmaking, games are not balanced (not in terms of numbers or skill), waits are extended, and being dumped into empty lobbies that don't populate is an extensive problem. As others have posted, please give a detailed report of specific times you encounter MM problems on this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Issues-with-the-EOR-matchmaking-system-examples/td-p/7129915
  • It's awful
  • Left the game around 2 weeks ago. Popped back in here to see the current lie of the land.

See I’ve not missed anything.

I’ll check back in a month.
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Please turn this off, is ruining the game
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    "First up, nobody is ignoring anyone. Also worth noting that this thread came about over the weekend, so it's plausible to understand that a response may not be immediate.
    EOR Matchmaking has given us some great data. We can see, when looking at things through a global lens that the time it takes to find a game has been reduced quite a bit. In some cases we've seen it reduced by over 50%
    We can also see that games are also fuller now.
    Both of these are goals we wanted to achieve, and in that respect the EOR MM is working very well.
    Now, because you are experiencing issues does not mean that everyone else playing is also experiencing it. If you've had problems I would ask that you detail them to us.
    Find yourself being put into empty lobbies or anything else that shouldn't be occurring? Give us a time stamp (including time zone), the ping site you're connected to and your gamer tag."

Ben's OFFICIAL reply to the EOR complaints. It's not EOR its you guys so yeah LOL
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Time to find a match isn't reduced when you're put into an empty lobby after every match and have to quit to search again only to be put back in the map you just played only to have to quit and search again!!!

How stupid do you have to be???? Really??????
  • Oh my! The mighty and illustrious Jabba has a new message for you dear sirs

2l7lpr.jpg
  • kdxi40tu1lni.jpg

Sadly it looks like they will keep on ignoring us as the "data says it's all good". Please go bomb twitter with your complaints.
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    kdxi40tu1lni.jpg

Sadly it looks like they will keep on ignoring us as the "data says it's all good". Please go bomb twitter with your complaints.

Yea the data, what a load of bull, have any of these devs played the game ? you serious telling me none of them have been put in empty servers. I wish I could refund this garbage as it's not a game any more, it's just a waste of time, will never buy anything that these devs make again.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »

Already done that, I implore others to also do the same.
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    "First up, nobody is ignoring anyone. Also worth noting that this thread came about over the weekend, so it's plausible to understand that a response may not be immediate.
    EOR Matchmaking has given us some great data. We can see, when looking at things through a global lens that the time it takes to find a game has been reduced quite a bit. In some cases we've seen it reduced by over 50%
    We can also see that games are also fuller now.
    Both of these are goals we wanted to achieve, and in that respect the EOR MM is working very well.
    Now, because you are experiencing issues does not mean that everyone else playing is also experiencing it. If you've had problems I would ask that you detail them to us.
    Find yourself being put into empty lobbies or anything else that shouldn't be occurring? Give us a time stamp (including time zone), the ping site you're connected to and your gamer tag."

Ben's OFFICIAL reply to the EOR complaints. It's not EOR its you guys so yeah LOL

I'm sorry but all I can do is roll on the floor and laugh at this post!!.....I got nothing else!
  • They are STILL ignoring the feedback??? Good grief.
  • Everyone is asking for it so why not turn it off

Because, the data doesn't support your accusations. The matchmaking is making this game great again! The next step is shutting down the servers completely, oh boy, I can't wait.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Blinker wrote: »
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    kdxi40tu1lni.jpg

Yea the data, what a load of bull, have any of these devs played the game ? you serious telling me none of them have been put in empty servers. I wish I could refund this garbage as it's not a game any more, it's just a waste of time, will never buy anything that these devs make again.

This is the big problem. The first game I play fills quickly and is fine, but is AFTER that, being sent to an empty lobby every time, so having to quit and search again only to get the same map, I spent all of last night getting 'Fondor' on SA until I gave up
  • DarthJ
    6655 posts Member
    So @F8RGE I had the following happen, first game in a while after playing other games:

Loaded in, DS2 on GA. Balanced game, well fought. End of match comes up with matchmaking, no choice to avoid it. Does that for around 2 minutes before its says 'going to Endor' or whatever. Then puts me in a lobby with 15 players needed and didnt fill.

In what world is this working? It made me quit playing altogether and go back to Red Dead 2, if that was the goal you all wanted.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • So this thing is still on ?
    Such a waste, was hoping to play with new hero, and seems i cannot...
  • Why is this still turned on?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • the data is a lie. even though I would love to see this so called data but at this point anything they show us I wouldnt believe sadly. they way we are being treated is very bad.
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    the data is a lie. even though I would love to see this so called data but at this point anything they show us I wouldnt believe sadly. they way we are being treated is very bad.

And that is very polite way to put it. Such potential lost...

Because, the data doesn't support your accusations. The matchmaking is making this game great again! The next step is shutting down the servers completely, oh boy, I can't wait.

Then why ask for feedback? You have the data needed right? Just to say you did, I suppose.
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    the data is a lie. even though I would love to see this so called data but at this point anything they show us I wouldnt believe sadly. they way we are being treated is very bad.

It is indeed a lie if it isn't I'd lie proof that it isn't.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Have an idea for a tweak - maybe lets make it optional only for ppl who push the matchmake button ?
    That would be possible, right ?
    We could have a "test weekend" just to check how would that work out, and what would be the response from the community :)

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!