criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Man i love this freakin game!

I am one of the ones who did not get this game because of the boycott. Not that i was super unhappy with the lootbox situation (though i will say i am glad they changed it), i was more salty with it being 60$ on black friday. I waited and waited for a price drop (i am a cheap @$$) and then last week it was 9.99$ on ps4. Mannnnnnnn, i was not expecting this game to be this good. There is so much depth and variety. The last battlefront i played was bf2 from back in the day. They really turn everything up to 11 with this one. I am super addicted with the base classes and grinding out kills for weapons. This is a method i really appreciate because it gives new players something to strive for without being ungodly useless and still having a really strong goal to hit. I have done the main story and it was cool. The missions i liked more than the story i think (may need to replay it for a tighter opinion). I love galactic conquest and heroes v villains. Mannnnnnn, ok i know the heroes on this game are not perfectly balanced as all things should be but.... i love it. All the abilities and the cards blew me away. I know i may get frustrated with it down the road but right now it is my favorite shooter game of all time. It has been a while since i played a game that lived up to the hype for me personally. Being a star wars fanatic of course makes this all icing on the cake since i am a fan of all the movies. Anyways, thanks for reading this if you made it this far and i hope i am not the only one who loves this game.

Replies

• I don't think it is the best shouter. The campaign has some great missions, like the fondor and Jakku ones. But the content is very little compared to what could be. We only have wookies as reinforcements for the light side. Nothing else to say.
  • I am guessing you mean as vanguard because there is the jet trooper also i thought (i have yet to try them). I have played the wookiee a good bit and i like it a lot. The only other vanguard that is close is the flame trooper (in my noob opinion). With all the vehicles and heroes i don’t think that is a big problem personally. Maybe they are too op i dont really know. If so that is an easy fox. Adding more vanguard classes would beca problem i imagine because it would upset the game balance a lot more. It would be doable, i would think, in a future episodic expansion like how they are coming out with clone wars. That may be something they can do besides adding more heroes which i want to see mace windu and others but i dont mind waiting if it means we get some more vanguards
  • I really love this game too, I’m just sad because of the wasted opportunities it had
  • Yeah i totally agree. I never went in expecting it to be perfect. I was totally blown away with it though. I was a bit disappointed in not having geonosis or obiwan. The devs heard my prayers because i don’t have to wait long for either. I am really excited for general grevious. I am already an addict for heroes v villains so more is the better as far as i am concerned.
  • I like the game. And hey! Finally conquest!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Don't forget me. I love this game. I think it is awesome.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Nice! I am loving the positivity
  • Zyder
    309 posts Member
    The game is cool, and it could be better. And I have felt it waay better when Heroes Unleashed was implemented. Best time having fun with 360hrs.
  • I love this game too. Don’t want to play anything else but this with my limited free time.
  • Great game! Love it!
  • Nice. Got to play with some squads thanks to the forums and now the game is even better. Teams are fun for GA but where it really shines is heroes v villains. I am hyped for general grevious as well and geonosis.
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    Nice. Got to play with some squads thanks to the forums and now the game is even better. Teams are fun for GA but where it really shines is heroes v villains. I am hyped for general grevious as well and geonosis.

And conquest. Which is probobly available on Theed, due to fully functional buildings on the other side of the fully functional bridge and the fact they had concept art with a tank crossing the bridge. Just saying. And conquest was schedueled to release before Geonosis.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • What exactly is conquest? I have seen it mentioned but haven’t been able to find details regarding it.
    What exactly is conquest? I have seen it mentioned but haven’t been able to find details regarding it.

It is a giant, non-linear game mode. That allows for the entire map to be active at once. Groups of soldiers are trying to capture different areas, and apparently you can bring down capital ships. It will be their largest mode ever, with their largest maps ever.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Whoa! When is this hitting?
  • I will say i am disappointed that there is no jar jar binks. I wanted to be a bombad general... maybe we will get that in a future release lmao
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    A friend of mine caught notice recently that I play the game. He wasn’t a big fan of the first one. Everyone seemed to think it was going to be a reboot of the originals and many were disappointed. I think he was one of those guys.

So he buys the game, mostly because of my interest in it and he is completely blown away. The OP reminds me of his take on it.

I agree. It is a great game! The haters have some legitimate points occasionally but generally I find they are just being over dramatic and often outright wrong.

Welcome aboard!

Why would anyone be disappointed to play any of the baatlefronts? Also, seeing some questions regarding this, at is conquest? Conquest will be a large scale non-linear game mode focused on capturing control points in order to take down capital ships.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • I didn't get it either. But recently I read about the huge roadmap it has al the way throughout 2019 adding new heroes, locations, gamemodes and appeareances. Besides, playing as Palpatine in this game is one of the biggest pleasures I've had in a very long time. HvV for the win!
  • everybody on the forum like this game . we want it much better than it is right now. however, it is not honnest to say that grievous will be release in october. i know its october 30th but come on, its almost november ... :( please stop tweaking/buff/nerf guns or wathever people ask for. just give us content, not only skins. interesting updates are coming. i hope that when you will release the patch, it will not break the game again. grievous in 1 week yeah !!! :)
  • I absolutely love this game. Yeah, it's still got some issues that need to be worked out (we know DICE are currently addressing some of them), and there is content and gameplay features I hope will eventually be implemented, but Battlefront II is incredibly fun, extremely immersive and looks and sounds ridiculously good. :smiley:

There's also some epic content in the pipeline for the next few months. I can't wait! :blush:
    "All wings report in."
  • i'm still loving it! there's some annoyances to deal with it but for the most part it's great
    PSN: computerson
    I am one of the ones who did not get this game because of the boycott. Not that i was super unhappy with the lootbox situation (though i will say i am glad they changed it), i was more salty with it being 60$ on black friday. I waited and waited for a price drop (i am a cheap @$$) and then last week it was 9.99$ on ps4. Mannnnnnnn, i was not expecting this game to be this good. There is so much depth and variety. The last battlefront i played was bf2 from back in the day. They really turn everything up to 11 with this one. I am super addicted with the base classes and grinding out kills for weapons. This is a method i really appreciate because it gives new players something to strive for without being ungodly useless and still having a really strong goal to hit. I have done the main story and it was cool. The missions i liked more than the story i think (may need to replay it for a tighter opinion). I love galactic conquest and heroes v villains. Mannnnnnn, ok i know the heroes on this game are not perfectly balanced as all things should be but.... i love it. All the abilities and the cards blew me away. I know i may get frustrated with it down the road but right now it is my favorite shooter game of all time. It has been a while since i played a game that lived up to the hype for me personally. Being a star wars fanatic of course makes this all icing on the cake since i am a fan of all the movies. Anyways, thanks for reading this if you made it this far and i hope i am not the only one who loves this game.

Glad you like it. Spread the word.
    I am guessing you mean as vanguard because there is the jet trooper also i thought (i have yet to try them). I have played the wookiee a good bit and i like it a lot. The only other vanguard that is close is the flame trooper (in my noob opinion). With all the vehicles and heroes i don’t think that is a big problem personally. Maybe they are too op i dont really know. If so that is an easy fox. Adding more vanguard classes would beca problem i imagine because it would upset the game balance a lot more. It would be doable, i would think, in a future episodic expansion like how they are coming out with clone wars. That may be something they can do besides adding more heroes which i want to see mace windu and others but i dont mind waiting if it means we get some more vanguards

Hah you're both wrong, wookies aren't the only reinforcement for the light side, they're the only enforcer. And they meant enforcer not vanguard, that's the shotgun/assault ability.
  • KarlosBandidos
    68 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I got the game on Day one (Deluxe preorder) and apart from a brief foray into Red Dead Redemption on XBox 360, its the only game i play.
    I have bought other games since it launched (including GTAV, Battlefield 1, Zelda BotW) but always go back to this.
    I'm not great at it, if I get 15 kills per game, its a good game for me. Usually midtable on the scoreboards. I haven't maxed out everything, particularly the starfighters.
    But I keep coming back.
    Every day.
    I just keep trying to get a bit better each time.
    I am aware of the bugs, the non loading score screens, the broken abilities, yet I still get satisfaction from quickly hopping in, playing a few rounds, then being able to switch it off.
    Is it my favourite game?
    Probably not - the Zelda games are far superior, but for me this game has had the greatest longevity of anything I have ever played, including Street Fighter on the Snes.
    Maybe i'm addicted.....
    Maybe I love Star Wars
    But I cant see a time in the near future where I will stop playing this.

Post edited by KarlosBandidos on