criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battle Point Event: Reinforcements

Prev1
EA_Tom
256 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 2018
This weekend, Enforcers will be at a 75% Battle Point discount. Also, we're unlocking the Enforcer count so expect to see a whole lot of Wookiee Warriors and Death Troopers out there, soldier!

The event will run Friday 19th, 00:01 am - Monday 22nd, 06:00 am Stockholm time.

Replies

• I dont like the sound of this....being killed over and over by dozens of wookies! I think I'll pass on this event especially as Matchmaking is still being forced upon us anyway which is sucking the life out of this game for me. I'm gonna play something else all weekend.
  • Wow, the wookies will dominate the battlefront 😶
  • at least the eor mm failure is still on and I wont want to play this mess
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • @F8RGE
    The real problem of this weekend are the wookies. For a few seconds I had a match where I guess 4-5 wookies dominated the area with their thermal imploders. And that’s not the point. The point is that if we kill the wookies, they can easily respawn as wookies in less than seconds and around the objective because of the costs of 550 credits.
    And that makes quite impossible to win or to complete one phase.
  • B2’s, DT’s, WW’s, and JT’s this weekend. I’m all over it.
  • I have not played this game since Monday.

Sounds like a whole lot of mayhem. I am in.
  • just imagine the flame troopers! that is what nightmares has to be for smokey the bear!
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    just imagine the flame troopers! that is what nightmares has to be for smokey the bear!

I am very excited about this. Logging on now! Give me Takodana to start, please!
  • flametrooper spam time is right! with them and wookies there's just going to be fire and explosions everywhere. i'm about to check out a round or two right now
    PSN: computerson
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Well would you look at that, a reason not to play this weekend.

you mean another reason due to the match making issues ;)
  • Wookiee cheese and yoda sandwich makes some objectives almost impossible, still fun but not as much as the hero event, I would like to see a weekend where all the prior events are active at once, vehicles, hero's, enforcers and no spawn timer makes me drool 🤤
  • Against wookies:

- heavies equipped with acid launchers to disrupt any wookie group (or any room, corridor or deffensive point in general)
    - officer's shield
    - heavy sentry from a distance (wookies are crappy at mid/long ranges)
    - ion grenades
    - Death Troopers from a distance (got insane damage and constant firepower with decent accuracy at long ranges)

Against enforcers:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/122443/how-to-deal-with-life-during-the-enforcer-weekend
  • I dislike this event more than the others. It feels odd, and I think the reinforcements should be brought back up above 1.5k points. Because it is just too easy to get them now. Now you can just spam the reinforcement button in different modes over and over again. It gets kind of tiring.
    Kind of fun event though, wouldn't make the cost this low in future events though.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I dislike this event more than the others. It feels odd, and I think the reinforcements should be brought back up above 1.5k points. Because it is just too easy to get them now. Now you can just spam the reinforcement button in different modes over and over again. It gets kind of tiring.
    Kind of fun event though, wouldn't make the cost this low in future events though.

There's not going to be a roar of crowds begging for this to be permanent, I don't think.

They've done this before haven't they?

I'd say that overall, I'm looking forward to GA about the same as normal this weekend.
  • Would it be better if these events were made optional so that you could still have the option to play normal GA?

Otherwise I think that there should also be a discounted price for heroes as well as enforcers as the fact that a player could afford 11 Wookies for the same price as 1 Darth Vader on certain maps is just a bit extreme..
  • Im trying to figure out why this had to be done? This is already poor so now they have hit their wise heads to getter and think "what makes gaming experience more annoying to people? Yeah! lets give "free" Enforcers!"... Cant understand....
  • DrRage0
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It's garbage, it's truly exposing the nuisance that are wookie imploders. Fine, I'll take this as battle experience for future games but honestly, this is truly garbage because they know veteran players are going to stay away from this weekend. Don't try to warm up to the garbage players now, that's the last thing you are doing wrong and we ALL clearly see it

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • DrRage0
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    unit900000 wrote: »
    DrRage0 wrote: »
    It's garbage, it's truly exposing the nuisance that are wookie imploders. Fine, I'll take this as battle experience for future games but honestly, this is truly garbage because they know veteran players are going to stay away from this weekend. Don't try to warm up to the garbage players now, that's the last thing you are doing wrong and we ALL clearly see it

or maybe some of those veteran players are just still trash at this game and cant adapt to this event. in all seriousness though im trying to respect the way some people think its hard sometimes though maybe some people just dont like enforcers and find them annoying so they dont feel like playing there is ways to deal with them though and I have all ready adapted to this event.

I remember having a great team with you one time, never lost like 2 full map rotations was insane..., I've adjusted but im just a bit sour about losing in OT on final phase kasshyk on attacking side and all these wookies just never stopped. I think it's just a bad idea to promote a broken character honestly. I already posted my thoughts on the imploder itself, I think the wookie is fine on its own but they cause lag during imploder spam
  • unit900000
    2098 posts Member
    edited October 2018

or maybe some of those veteran players are just still trash at this game and cant adapt to this event. in all seriousness though im trying to respect the way some people think its hard sometimes though maybe some people just dont like enforcers and find them annoying so they dont feel like playing there is ways to deal with them though and I have all ready adapted to this event.

I remember having a great team with you one time, never lost like 2 full map rotations was insane..., I've adjusted but im just a bit sour about losing in OT on final phase kasshyk on attacking side and all these wookies just never stopped. I think it's just a bad idea to promote a broken character honestly. I already posted my thoughts on the imploder itself, I think the wookie is fine on its own but they cause lag during imploder spam

I think enforcers should just go to 2 on all maps/phases/modes but for events like this I think balance dont really matter I mean it is just a limited time event after all. as far as imploder lag goes it does seem like they kill me out of no were some times so idk if thats the lag your talking about or what. also whats your IGN if you dont mind we do have a Dr in are group idk if thats you or not.
  • VaperEyes
    545 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    umm... what's the cheat code for God mode this weekend... I'm breakin' ranks this time for cheaters (not really)
    Or, just give the .......... Wookies a flamethrower and light saber - and bring back Unlimited Palp from 10 months ago... then call this even

rants and swearing are not allowed on this forum (period)
  • im actually surprised that this has been limited to GA only.
  • DrRage0
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2018

I think enforcers should just go to 2 on all maps/phases/modes but for events like this I think balance dont really matter I mean it is just a limited time event after all. as far as imploder lag goes it does seem like they kill me out of no were some times so idk if thats the lag your talking about or what. also whats your IGN if you dont mind we do have a Dr in are group idk if thats you or not.

This is my psn name, it was a while ago but I think that was the best team I've ever played on not to disrespect the current squads I run games with they are very good. It wouldve been nice to see 4 heroes during 2nd phase atleast to compensate for the enforcer spam.

The imploder lag is mostly that: one second you are still alive after hearing the imploder go off and you are "ok" and then out of no where you just die. That is very deceiving for any player thinking they found cover or are safe for the second they decide to stand there...Especially during choke points that are absolute nightmares like Naboo. You can't get past that playing solo most of the time and its an inevitable slaughter..
  • Matchmaking problems aside, which are indeed pretty bad, the event is fun. At first killing WW with all the enforcers was fun but then playing as WW for the light side got boring.
    Needs more LS enforcers.
    7/10
    Bring back Heroes Unleashed. Please
  • I loved the event, my experience is first I was on Kashyyyk (light side, trying to finish the 3 barrage kills challenge), and killed a Bossk during phase 2 (in fact I survived much longer than I usually do as a Wookiee), then I quit (hoping that the next match would have a capture point), but it was taking me to Kashyyyk, and I forgot that was the map I left so I was on the light side again, and during phase 3 I killed Bossk (again) as a Wookiee, as everyone was firing on him. Then matchmaking was gonna take me to Death Star II, which has no capture point, so I quit and it placed me on Tatooine, starting as the light side. Then I was on the dark side, and during the last phase I shredded a Luke as the Death Trooper.
    Short version: it was epic!
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Really enjoying this. My first game was on Kashyyyk as well, and with all the Wookiees it really felt like Revenge of the Sith. Trying to get my last few trooper milestones, so it's helping out my Fight as One (and while I'm building up my battle points I'm having a good time with the Stinger Pistol). My only criticism is that the Daily Challenges went unfinished as I was having too much fun in GA to switch to Blast :)
  • DrRage0 wrote: »

Seems like your the veteran player who’s trash/garbage.
  • I thought we would get new reinforcements!
  • Im trying to figure out why this had to be done? This is already poor so now they have hit their wise heads to getter and think "what makes gaming experience more annoying to people? Yeah! lets give "free" Enforcers!"... Cant understand....

This is one of many ripples you are getting from the loot box disaster at the games launch. These events are a distraction from the fact that this game, a Star Wars title, has not received any new content in terms of Maps weapons or abilities in months. HvV is a mess, GA is just a larger version of HvV. SA is neglected, two maps for Extraction, connection problems, lag, kill switch heroes and the list goes on. Instead we have gotten badly done clone skins and these kind of events.

Oh but Ewok Hunt is permanent and we’ll be getting another JPC map so be happy with that. Also look forward to the Strke and Extraction modes possibly being merged into one because everyone has been asking for that right? So one new map and one new mode with 4 new heroes being spoon fed to us for another year. Really? Should I bring up droidekas? No probably not as DICE addressed that not so well.

Unfortunately this game has been badly mismanaged and has had poor communication since launch and not much has changed.

Reducing costs of reinforcements. Yeah, that’s the way to go.
  • This weekend can’t be over soon enough. I don’t think I’ve seen the attacker’s win after like 6 hours of play.
  • Rename the event. It's the Wookie event.
  • This event would've been WAY more fun of there at least 1 other light side enforcer. WW are boring now.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Against wookies:

- heavies equipped with acid launchers to disrupt any wookie group (or any room, corridor or deffensive point in general)
    - officer's shield
    - heavy sentry from a distance (wookies are crappy at mid/long ranges)
    - ion grenades
    - Death Troopers from a distance (got insane damage and constant firepower with decent accuracy at long ranges)

Against enforcers:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/122443/how-to-deal-with-life-during-the-enforcer-weekend

This man really turned my life around! His link had all the answers I needed to make this a palatable experience! Thanks man!
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • more enforcers?

guess i'm not playing star wars this weekend.
  • Sad when I played Hoth as the Empire .
    I had a better chance at survival playing the Objective against Luke and Yoda on the right.
    Rather than taking on 4 Wookiees on the left side of the entrance in the base.
    Plus the rocket troopers .
    To many wookiees Yoda.
    Search your feelings, you know it's true.
    jcshltcqdii8.gif

• 1jk814pvr9uo.jpg
    Love to hate the Wookies in this game - but I had fun victimizin' ppl - and no sound bug yesterday?
    So, I have to say it was rewarding to melt some heroes and actually hear the freakin' game - the way it should be when you spend over $100 on a AAA title (game, expansion, money for skins)_No Regrets
    *I don't recommend a permanent reduction in cost. I do recommend a review of something different for reinforcements - for all factions, not just the Resistance. I would love to see Commando Clone troopers.*
    It was a Good weekend event - thank you
  • Seriously.

You can counter Wookies with Death Troopers.

Death Troopers do insanely damage from mid/long range. While wookies can manage situations on closequarters they are useless at mid/long range, even the thermal imploder does not have a long range when thrown, they have low mobility when buffing their damage, so you can snipe them from a distance or crush them with a Death Trooper well covered from a distance. At mid/long range if you face a Wookie with a DT with no covering, both with the dmg buff activated and health recovery activated at the same time, DT wins 100% of the times. So the lil the conditions were better for the DT, even more victorious will they emerge from the confrontation ;).

But I suppose you think you can face a wookie running towards him, jumping and rolling just to place you in the 5 m range and defeat him by some miracle (Ive done sometimes, but rarely and assisted by high amounts of luck and probably a noob wookie player)