criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Please Remove the HvV Target System

Hero Blast would be so much better. The target system promotes running, exploiting, and cowardly Bobas. Just change it to a hero team deathmatch. Each team starts out with 100 points. For every death, that team loses a point. Last team standing wins. Just like Arcade. The target system not only encourages running but also favors the DS heavily.
jexdw69dwod3.png

Replies

• No. Make a new Hero Blast mode. That’s the answer.

I have no problem with a separate mode but I want Hero Blast to be the flagship hero mode that HvV is now.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • It's been widely show n that HvV is not a fan favorite version of what hero v hero combat could be.

I lost a match 1-0 yesterday because the other team had a boba who literally only ran. He ended with like 7 elims and 6,000 score while me and @lerodemmy had over 30,000 score and 30+ elims each and almost no deaths... with our randoms far behind us and the opposing teams scores/elims in the gutter. But they still get to see victory on their screen.

They were also fortunate enough that this boba was the target roughly 5 times.

I don't take this mode seriously anymore, I play more GA now where the objective is to fight the other team, not run and hide. I'm tired of fighting people who hide in phasma stun droids, coordinate running tactics, and only wanna fight when they're not the target. It's a game mode based on cowardice and the cowards will reign supreme.

I'm upset with DICE for not adding a deathmatch type of play already, your HvV community is tired of the target system. The target system is some ways is even tired in itself. We've decided quite some time ago that this mode no longer showcases who the better fighters are but rather who the better runners are and unfortunately many of my friends barely play it anymore for that reason.

Yep. We've been asking for this mode since pretty much launch and it still hasn't came.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    2226 posts Member
    edited October 19
    @F8RGE , are the devs aware that we are asking for the target system to be removed, or at least asking for a separate hero blast mode?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Agree with the hero blast, but the main problem lies with Boba's jetpack. He shouldn't be able to fly for so long, it's not good good both gameplay wise and contradicts the lore heavily. Instead he should be a deadlier on foot
  • Agree with the hero blast, but the main problem lies with Boba's jetpack. He shouldn't be able to fly for so long, it's not good good both gameplay wise and contradicts the lore heavily. Instead he should be a deadlier on foot

Maul is an issue too. I get that Boba's jetpack is OP, but all of these problems stem the target system. It encourages running away.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
    Boba’s pretty much a mess at this point
    Boba’s pretty much a mess at this point

Yeah.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • It's been widely show n that HvV is not a fan favorite version of what hero v hero combat could be.

I lost a match 1-0 yesterday because the other team had a boba who literally only ran. He ended with like 7 elims and 6,000 score while me and @lerodemmy had over 30,000 score and 30+ elims each and almost no deaths... with our randoms far behind us and the opposing teams scores/elims in the gutter. But they still get to see victory on their screen.

I don't take this mode seriously anymore, I play more GA now where the objective is to fight the other team, not run and hide. I'm tired of fighting people who hide in phasma stun droids, coordinate running tactics, and only wanna fight when they're not the target. It's a game mode based on cowardice and the cowards will reign supreme.

I'm upset with DICE for not adding a deathmatch type of play already, your HvV community is tired of the target system. The target system is some ways is even tired in itself. We've decided quite some time ago that this mode no longer showcases who the better fighters are but rather who the better runners are and unfortunately many of my friends barely play it anymore for that reason.

All of this is right. You and your pals are the vocal experts on HvV. I’m with y’all on adding Hero Blast because once that happens, I’m going to begin a campaign to tweak the target system ruleset. So that’s why I don’t want it removed. Let’s get Hero Blast first, it’s long overdue. Then, and only then, I’m hoping we can make something happen to address the HvV target system.

All of this is right. You and your pals are the vocal experts on HvV. I’m with y’all on adding Hero Blast because once that happens, I’m going to begin a campaign to tweak the target system ruleset. So that’s why I don’t want it removed. Let’s get Hero Blast first, it’s long overdue. Then, and only then, I’m hoping we can make something happen to address the HvV target system.

The problem is, hero blast will not attract as many players as heroes vs villains. That is why it should replace the target system.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

You guys should do 4v4s a lot better

The problem is, hero blast will not attract as many players as heroes vs villains. That is why it should replace the target system.

Well if it’s not going to attract more players, then what’s the point of it at all. It certainly will not be replacing a mode that attracts more players. No, Hero Blast will attract plenty of players. HvV is barely more than TDM as it is. Great concept, miserable execution. Many players will be just one more Bobba/Maul/Luke/etc. run-and-hide-fest away from throwing in the towel on the target system. Some players like the target system. It’s fantastic when it’s played properly. We all know the problems so I won’t address again. More modes make a better game, not less. Still, HvV needs some work. Hero Blast won’t.
  • I wouldn't mind hero blast either but i like the competitiveness of a private match 4v4 going all try hard against friends.

Well if it’s not going to attract more players, then what’s the point of it at all. It certainly will not be replacing a mode that attracts more players. No, Hero Blast will attract plenty of players. HvV is barely more than TDM as it is. Great concept, miserable execution. Many players will be just one more Bobba/Maul/Luke/etc. run-and-hide-fest away from throwing in the towel on the target system. Some players like the target system. It’s fantastic when it’s played properly. We all know the problems so I won’t address again. More modes make a better game, not less. Still, HvV needs some work. Hero Blast won’t.

I'm just saying that if hero blast is added, it should be called heroes vs villains and the target system could be called target HvV.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

We actually don't like 4v4s with this system. We've tried and win some lose some, it's not fun to be on either side of that coin when you spend your entire match being forced to run and hide and employ cheap tactics just to counter what the other team is doing. When it comes to playing cowardly (which is how the HvV system works) we don't enjoy it.

I'd say there was one enjoyable 4v4 i had where we would all die and rush back to the middle of yavin to join the brawl again. It was a never ending fight and that was fun, the target ceased being important and we enjoyed actually fighting. Not running and hiding. If we could organize more 4v4s like that I imagine I'd enjoy it alot more, everyone is so bent over on seeing "victory" on their screen they forgot how to have fun and become the very thing they hate (someone who hides in a phasma droid holding down block waiting to freeze to someone with kylo)

As it is right now I far more enjoy having one friend to talk to, and do HvV with 2 randoms vs randoms vs whatever we may run into. 4 v randoms is to easy, 4 v 4 lasts to long and makes me sick to my stomach to have to run because the other team runs, but 2 v ??? is what i enjoy atm
    kay4dnh923zs.png

We actually don't like 4v4s with this system. We've tried and win some lose some, it's not fun to be on either side of that coin when you spend your entire match being forced to run and hide and employ cheap tactics just to counter what the other team is doing. When it comes to playing cowardly (which is how the HvV system works) we don't enjoy it.

I'd say there was one enjoyable 4v4 i had where we would all die and rush back to the middle of yavin to join the brawl again. It was a never ending fight and that was fun, the target ceased being important and we enjoyed actually fighting. Not running and hiding. If we could organize more 4v4s like that I imagine I'd enjoy it alot more, everyone is so bent over on seeing "victory" on their screen they forgot how to have fun and become the very thing they hate (someone who hides in a phasma droid holding down block waiting to freeze to someone with kylo)

As it is right now I far more enjoy having one friend to talk to, and do HvV with 2 randoms vs randoms vs whatever we may run into. 4 v randoms is to easy, 4 v 4 lasts to long and makes me sick to my stomach to have to run because the other team runs, but 2 v ??? is what i enjoy atm

I mean playing with you're friends get in a party of eight & pick captains & you pick your 4 I pick mines & we have a fun try hard 4v4 know what I mean. Playing with your friends knowing they're not runners help
  • @F8RGE

Could you please kindly comment on the status of a Hero BLAST mode being added? We have waited months for a response. Would be kindly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
    Masterful
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • It would be ideal if the target system was removed.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

I'm just saying that if hero blast is added, it should be called heroes vs villains and the target system could be called target HvV.

Yes to adding a new mode.
    No to removing target system.
    The mode with the target is HvV, a new mode should be called something else.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • I'd love to see a Team Deathmatch with 4vs4 and 6vs6 where you can choose any hero and not faction restricted (light and dark side characters on the same team). Also, allow 1 type of characters per team (for example, 1 Bobba Fett in eath team, which means 2 Bobba Fett are on the field).

Also a FFA mode would be nice.