criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

I hate villains on Endor in HvV

Clusterwatch
165 posts Member
edited October 2018
Last game I played in HvV and I was hero on endor and we lost,but we definetly had a better team,but those coward villains kept hiding on At-at..
Can we for -removed- sake get HvV endor map that doesnt has highground where lightsaber characters can hide and not play the gamemode the correct way? Same thing for Yavin 4 HvV map,-removed-THAT MAP!
Post edited by F03hammer on

Replies

• I think I wont play HvV anymore...
  • It’s similar with Boba on HvV Bespin. People hide him on the roof when he’s the target.
    V frustrating, not very sportsmanlike 🤔
    I thought I’d read somewhere that it was going to be stopped by devs, but I saw it happen this week.
  • Kashyyyk is worse.
    I think I wont play HvV anymore...

Not much reason to play the game at all atm.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Yeah I'm with you completely... I really dont like the HvsV maps for Endor, Yavin IV, or Kashyyyk. I know I'll get raised eye rows on the Kashyyyk map because of all you force pushers. However, I wish they would switch Blast Maps for HvsV maps on Endor & Yavin IV... and Kashyyyk HvsV map be the Cruiser Hanger (Phase 3 GA).

I really think Blast on Endor Phase 1 would be better and a really fun Open Sandbox for Infantry Gameplay
  • Gesph
    26 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hiding in At-At definitely better than ForcePush' .
  • Everyone can get up on the AT-AT though. Blaster heroes can jump on the crates by the catwalk tunnel entrance thing.

n59cjnpvz03k.png
    Had to be done.

That mode became cancer when they ruined dodge rolls. It will be bearable again when the target system is removed.
    They should've just gone the 2015 route and had 3-4 heroes and 4-5 troopers. 8v8.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • It’s similar with Boba on HvV Bespin. People hide him on the roof when he’s the target.
    V frustrating, not very sportsmanlike 🤔
    I thought I’d read somewhere that it was going to be stopped by devs, but I saw it happen this week.

You can't get on top of that dome anymore. Just on the sides of it for an easy push or bomb off
  • Deanna_Tamura
    317 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Last game I played in HvV and I was hero on endor and we lost,but we definetly had a better team,but those coward villains kept hiding on At-at..
    Can we for -removed- sake get HvV endor map that doesnt has highground where lightsaber characters can hide and not play the gamemode the correct way? Same thing for Yavin 4 HvV map -removed- THAT MAP!

It's not the Villain characters or the maps, it's the players, what you describe is just as bad players using the light side heroes to camp near a ledge on kamino, with leia's shield up and luke and yoda just waiting there to push anyone who comes close off, togehter with Han using his charge for the same purpose, just as example.
    People who want to will always find a way to use something to gain a cheap advantage.
    In the end the target system has to go to stop this nonsense.
  • KrocketOnBoost
    510 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Can we for -removed- sake get HvV endor map that doesnt has highground where lightsaber characters can hide and not play the gamemode the correct way? Same thing for Yavin 4 HvV map,-removed-THAT MAP!

Use Hans detonite charge to get them down. Lukes push, invert them with Rey. Or get an angle with chewie and force them down with the bowcaster.

Be creative >:)

Personally i really enjoy endor, it's like 4 maps in one. Huge open areas and endless possibilities. Sucks if u have a team of headless chickens though.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Everyone can get up on the AT-AT though. Blaster heroes can jump on the crates by the catwalk tunnel entrance thing.

n59cjnpvz03k.png
    Had to be done.

That mode became cancer when they ruined dodge rolls. It will be bearable again when the target system is removed.
    They should've just gone the 2015 route and had 3-4 heroes and 4-5 troopers. 8v8.

So it became cancer when u actually had to have some skill and tactics to play as a blaster wielder?

People crying about not being able to fist fight someone with a lightsaber are the best :D
  • Yeah, agreed. Getting stuck in CC and then consequently melted down by the opposition smart enough to not think with their lightsabers is a much more creative way to play, with a lot more skill involved.

It became cancer when sabers no longer had to think and bait the rolls, rather than just vaguely turning to face their opponent and hitting R2. If you sucked, you'd get rightfully punished. The odds of a trooper killing a saber were a lot higher too, but it comes down to the same thing; It was all on the saber to not think with their glowstick.

9byk3wl203fj.png

Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Yeah, agreed. Getting stuck in CC and then consequently melted down by the opposition smart enough to not think with their lightsabers is a much more creative way to play, with a lot more skill involved.

It became cancer when sabers no longer had to think and bait the rolls, rather than just vaguely turning to face their opponent and hitting R2. If you sucked, you'd get rightfully punished. The odds of a trooper killing a saber were a lot higher too, but it comes down to the same thing; It was all on the saber to not think with their glowstick.

9byk3wl203fj.png

No, there were demo videos with Lando showing that the roll was an instant get out of jail free + bonus invincibility card. If someone spammed it right, it was literally impossible to hit them. Now it's not.

People who use a lightsaber like a seal club still have a very difficult time hitting a skilled roller, anyone still complaining about it is probably just sad they lost their exploit.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Yeah, agreed. Getting stuck in CC and then consequently melted down by the opposition smart enough to not think with their lightsabers is a much more creative way to play, with a lot more skill involved.

9byk3wl203fj.png

No, there were demo videos with Lando showing that the roll was an instant get out of jail free + bonus invincibility card. If someone spammed it right, it was literally impossible to hit them. Now it's not.

People who use a lightsaber like a seal club still have a very difficult time hitting a skilled roller, anyone still complaining about it is probably just sad they lost their exploit.

+1
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    You think Endor is bad

Just try Yavin IV :#
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    You think Endor is bad

Try Takodana where Luke or rey can get behind the castle and hide when they're the target, forcing the enemy team to have to go through out-of-bounds areas to try to get them.
  • ARC211092 wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    You think Endor is bad

Try Takodana where Luke or rey can get behind the castle and hide when they're the target, forcing the enemy team to have to go through out-of-bounds areas to try to get them.

Some punk did that as Kylo and I'd go to get him but he would freeze me in out of bounds and I'd get counted out.

Obviously still an exploit but I admired the creativity.
  • Last game I played in HvV and I was hero on endor and we lost,but we definetly had a better team,but those coward villains kept hiding on At-at..

Have you been to Yavin IV?
    Fans of Bombastic will get that.