criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Nerf overpowered-bacca

At this point I hate him more than any hero and villain in this game...

Replies

• Have you seen the stupid amount of CC his opposition has? Instead of (I'm assuming) thinking with your Lightsaber, think smart. One freeze from Kylo is all it takes for a blaster teammate to put him down.

Like it or not, he's the only real hope heroes have against villains until a serious balancing fix.

..Which will never happen, because all changes are made with GA in mind.

And nobody uses Chewie in GA and lives for very long, or remains a threat for very long. So eh.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Clusterwatch
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I mean HvV
  • Freeze with Kylo + watch him die from (hopefully) a player smart enough to use a Blaster Hero.

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• KresusFIN wrote: »
    Freeze with Kylo + watch him die from (hopefully) a player smart enough to use a Blaster Hero.

OP, this guy has some wisdom. Right now, Chewbacca is a necessary evil, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about him later. Right now though, they need to figure out what they can do to all of the most powerful heroes to make each one balanced. Because if you are going to touch Chewbacca, you are going to need to touch his equal (Which is Vader).
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Out of curiosity, why do you feel this way about Chewbacca, @Clusterwatch?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Easy to melt him. Learn to counter him instead of calling for nerfs. Enough of the nerfs...
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Sound like a newbie crying to his mommy again. There’s counter for every hero’s and if you don’t know that then you are truly a newbie.
  • Clusterwatch
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Im annoyed becouse I choked him with darth maul,but he wasnt throwed at all...

[Edited vulgar language]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • KresusFIN
    2092 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Yeah, that tends to happen still. Luke sometimes has the same problem where the push doesn't go off.

You need to approach a Chewie carefully in HvV though. The odds of you winning that fight with Maul 1 v 1 are not in your favour. Make deductions, plan around, rather than think with your lightsaber :)

((Maul is a terrible choice for HvV anyway imo. Sure, he has a fancy saberstaff, but... What can he really do beyond that? No CC, no aoe. Just.. Hit and run :( )) ((Except on Bespin. Tossing people down the map is priceless on that one.))

y6qvidach2x9.png

• I know how to play as maul.Not really a terrible choice for me
  • Fair enough.

But yeah, your Chewie problem will remain just that, I fear. You'll probably beat him if you can bait out his Overload and his grenade. But even then, it's a fight you won't leave unscathed from. Best you can do is keep him away from the battle with Choke Holds. For the times it DOESN'T glitch out on you, that is.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• Stay with your team.
    Ds cc melts him.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• ModusMoriendi
    662 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Way things are now in HvV? Nerfing 'Bacca is baka... :sweat:
  • he's not the only counter to the villains. any skilled player can handle themselves with han lando or yoda. OP is right
  • He is, but if you nerf Chewie, you have to balance the rest. Because a good Vader is unstoppable, except for when faced by a good Chewbacca.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • unit900000
    2612 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    KresusFIN wrote: »

Yeah, that tends to happen still. Luke sometimes has the same problem where the push doesn't go off.

You need to approach a Chewie carefully in HvV though. The odds of you winning that fight with Maul 1 v 1 are not in your favour. Make deductions, plan around, rather than think with your lightsaber :)

((Maul is a terrible choice for HvV anyway imo. Sure, he has a fancy saberstaff, but... What can he really do beyond that? No CC, no aoe. Just.. Hit and run :( )) ((Except on Bespin. Tossing people down the map is priceless on that one.))

Maul is actually a good counter to Chewy as long as you dont get hit by his shock grenade do to how hard he is to hit and the saber stagger makes it hard to hit him even when hes in your face as its a bit disorienting. as far as how good Maul is in general hes a great pick for both HvV and GA he is far from terrible.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Khemikalburn
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Nerfing Chewbacca makes me laugh. Never felt playing against him in HvV was unfair compaired to Lando's stun nade and considering Kylo's freeze, Vader's choke, Iden's stun droid, and the overall dps of the villains. Fighting vs Chewy was all about anticipating when he was nearby and about to throw his stun nade. Always make sure to dodge behind cover when he throws it that way the stun wears off while protected, then pop out or flank around to take him out.

As far GA goes, I love playing him and have take out several villains that were decimating my team as Palpatine, Vader, Boskk or other. Chewy in GA is great playing the team support role. The biggest issues I find with him is he's not tanky enough and has no way to heal. Also, his blaster has too much spread. I always hated the multi-shot feature of his blaster because you can't be accurate with it and it isn't cannon with the movies.

Lastly, I would love to use the melee more in GA, but he dies to quickly for it to be practical. I'm doubtful the heal card he will get for killing people with ground slam will be worth it due to how quicky he can be gunned down while attempting melee and the fact that ground slam damage isn't high enough to kill in a single hit on most enemies.
    Post edited by Khemikalburn on
  • I don't have any problems fighting Chewie.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I'm tired of you people saying counters like he still isnt broken. I'm a amazing player & do i struggle against him no I'll just be iden or vader & stun him & with vader dodge his stun & tank his furious bowcaster. His damage is crazy he can 3 shot iden, boba, & bossk & 7 shot (maybe less) vader with furious resilience.
  • Chewie is no different from how you would encounter a WW albeit with out the room clearing grenade
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I don't have any problems fighting Chewie.

We know, Iden.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Gesph
    26 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I do agree that the Furious Bowcaster or whatever the name it is, is kind of a little bit OP, but not much. If you have a good skills you can really destroy him. Teamwork is the key.

I always play as the Emperor Palpatine and honestly it's not that hard. You just have to play your cards right and he will fall.
  • Kylo, Iden, Vader, and the 4th pick is a blaster to counter whatever the enemy comp is. ((Phasma if they're **** and pick 3 sabers because amgamgamg glowsticks force powarszzz weeeee!")) ((Boba for that extra oomph in damage.)) ((Bosk for harassment damage and securing a zone / target.)) ((Emperor Palpatine is the "Shii-Cho" here. An effective pick to fall back to, when no other pick will do.))

Dark Side ideal comp right there. If this fails, then it's probably just the DS team that sucks.

For lightside, so long as it includes Chewie and Lando, you're good.

2 sabers. 2 blasters.

y6qvidach2x9.png