criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Boba Fett

MechanicalMan
38 posts Member
edited October 2018
What’s the general thoughts on Boba Fett?
Personally since he was nerfed, I feel he’s pretty crap.
The devs have reduced the power if his tocket barrage it’s now like a damp firework.
His health is shocking as well.
It make the triple rocket barrage challenge very very difficult.
Not good 😟

Replies

• We know. They need to focus on balancing him, as well as a few other characters.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    What cards are you using.

You just gotta (at least in hvv)
    eqiyib3ezexy.jpg
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Fuel efficiency, hero rockets and the extra barrage cards.
    I just find him hard to play, we all have characters we’re better or worse at.
    The fact I find him hard to play, coupled with his general weakness means I’ll struggle to complete the last challenge!
  • i honestly don't know. in the hands of someone who is good with him he's a damn kill machine in HvV. When i play him i barely dent anyone and get maybe 4k points vs the 13-25k i see good players get. the triple barrage milestone is one i have just given up on other than by luck in GA
  • I’ve given up too. It’s not through lack of trying!
    It’s a real shame the game makers create a challenge that’s only really possible if you’re an ace player.
    I’ll never be that, it’s supposed to be fun, not impossible! 😂
  • JMaster
    2113 posts Member
    Not a fan. Here's my idea. I've hated Boba since the first game, mainly because his control scheme is so wonky to me, and his ADS (in the last game, anyways...) was very awkward to use. My suggestion for Boba is pretty radical, so here me out... I want to get rid of Boba's Concussion Rocket entirely. When a Hero just gets a useless version of an infantry weapon (since the Officer's flash-bang does damage, the effect lasts longer, AND it brings even heroes to a crawl...), I'm irritated. I would want to chuck that, and move his Jetpack over to the Left Bumper like the Jumtroopers have it. This frees up the left trigger the aim down sights! Woot! He has a burst-fire sniper rifle, it baffles me as to how in the world they don't let him aim. Getting rid of that lousy ability would leave behind 2 Star Cards that I'd like to be modified into a Heal-on-Kill (sadly this won't be the case, oh well), as well as a "Mandalorian Armor" card that increases his base health by 150 at max. If the Concussion Rocket *has* to stay, I would like to go old school BF2015 and move either For the Hunt or the Concussion Rocket to Y/Triangle. To at least get the Armor card, I'd like for one or both of the effects for the Concussion Rocket's Star Cards to be added to the ability normally, again leaving those spots open for some more useful cards. Boba can aim, melee (hopefully with a way better flamethrower that has a burn effect), has all his abilities, I think it would be much more natural and fun to play. Thoughts?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Legolas79391
    689 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    As a person who spams Boba Fett on every occasion I have to say that the rocket barrage is insanly op against blaster heroes, who can't jump 2 meters high to avoid it. His blaster is weird. Damage wise it rocks and on close quartars it will deal 120 damage per burst and can be suprisingly good on mid range, but the problem is that it acts like a shotgun and sometimes the bolts will miss the target on mid range and give you suprising headshot burst on long range. It's heavy hitting, but slugish and inaccurate, which makes it lack consistency. In my humble opinion they should either make it like Han's: heavy hitting, slow, but accurate or like Lando's: fast, moderate dmg per bullet but overall high due to Rof and can deal consecutive shots on range if fired slowly (I would prefer this option if they want it to be close quartars-mid range blaster since slow firing weapons are not handy for cqb). Concussion rocket may not be the best, but you can use it while firing and with star card it deactivates enemy weapons. The problem is that it needs to be a direct shot and when it triggers the effect chains to everyone around. I find it a bit weird and I think the radius of effect should be slightly increased and the spreading effect should go away. Unlimited fuel with for he hunt is in my opinion out of place and straight up op. It should go away. Rocket barrage should, in my opinion, be changed into something that deals moderate dmg, with higher radius that you can use quickly and it should be also good, when used on foot. Or it can, in my opinion, be changed to a flamethrower a bit like first order's enforcer (I believe that current lines for barrage would also work well with flamethrower: "burn it all", "no more games", "I'm done with this", "die" etc.). As for the health I would like Boba to stay as DPS with bit better mobility than an average grunt, so it may stay like this, especially that HoK is coming. That is only if aimbots from Finn and Lando will be changed. If not then his base health can not be lower than 650. In short he needs to better and consistent on foot and he should fly much less (maybe he should funtion like a jump trooper when it comes to manouverbility)
    Edit: his hipfire doesn't really bother me, hipfired with him through whole bf1
    Edit2:he also shouldn't be knocked down from the sky from bowcaster and explosive shot
    Post edited by Legolas79391 on

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Once Boba gets his health on kill, he’ll be unstopable again.
  • Legolas79391
    689 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @starwarsgamer999 thank you. Here's happy palpatineq42rd7i4e140.gif

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• JMaster wrote: »
    Not a fan. Here's my idea. I've hated Boba since the first game, mainly because his control scheme is so wonky to me, and his ADS (in the last game, anyways...) was very awkward to use.
    My suggestion for Boba is pretty radical, so here me out... I want to get rid of Boba's Concussion Rocket entirely.

When a Hero just gets a useless version of an infantry weapon (since the Officer's flash-bang does damage, the effect lasts longer, AND it brings even heroes to a crawl...), I'm irritated. I would want to chuck that, and move his Jetpack over to the Left Bumper like the Jump Troopers have it. This frees up the left trigger the aim down sights! Woot! He has a burst-fire sniper rifle, it baffles me as to how in the world they don't let him aim.

Getting rid of that lousy ability would leave behind 2 Star Cards that I'd like to be modified into a Heal-on-Kill (sadly this won't be the case, oh well), as well as a "Mandalorian Armor" card that increases his base health by 150 at max. If the Concussion Rocket *has* to stay, I would like to go old school BF2015 and move either For the Hunt or the Concussion Rocket to Y/Triangle.

To at least get the Armor card, I'd like for one or both of the effects for the Concussion Rocket's Star Cards to be added to the ability normally, again leaving those spots open for some more useful cards. Boba can aim, melee (hopefully with a way better flamethrower that has a burn effect), has all his abilities, I think it would be much more natural and fun to play. Thoughts?

Fixed spelling errors and made it easier to read.
  • As a person who spams Boba Fett on every occasion I have to say that the rocket barrage is insanly op against blaster heroes, who can't jump 2 meters high to avoid it. His blaster is weird. Damage wise it rocks and on close quarters it will deal 120 damage per burst and can be surprisingly good on mid-range, but the problem is that it acts like a shotgun and sometimes the bolts will miss the target on mid-range and give you surprising headshot burst on long range.

It's heavy hitting, but sluggish and inaccurate, which makes it lack consistency. In my humble opinion they should either make it like Han's: heavy hitting, slow, but accurate or like Lando's: fast, moderate dmg per bullet but overall high due to Rof and can deal consecutive shots on range if fired slowly (I would prefer this option if they want it to be close quarters-mid range blaster since slow firing weapons are not handy for cqb). Concussion rocket may not be the best, but you can use it while firing and with star card it deactivates enemy weapons.

The problem is that it needs to be a direct shot and when it triggers the effect chains to everyone around. I find it a bit weird and I think the radius of effect should be slightly increased and the spreading effect should go away. Unlimited fuel with for the hunt is in my opinion out of place and straight up op. It should go away. Rocket barrage should, in my opinion, be changed into something that deals moderate dmg, with higher radius that you can use quickly and it should be also good, when used on foot.

Or it can, in my opinion, be changed to a flamethrower a bit like first order's enforcer (I believe that current lines for barrage would also work well with flamethrower: "burn it all", "no more games", "I'm done with this", "die" etc.). As for the health I would like Boba to stay as DPS with bit better mobility than an average grunt, so it may stay like this especially that HoK is coming.

That is only if aimbots from Finn and Lando will be changed. If not then his base health cannot be lower than 650. In short he needs to better and consistent on foot and he should fly much less (maybe he should function like a jump trooper when it comes to maneuverability). He also shouldn't be knocked down from the sky from bowcaster and explosives and explosive shots.

Fixed
  • I think his stun rocket should have a plasma blast go off at the same time upon impact
  • Lee1981
    1666 posts Member
    Just started using him again

He can be great fun

• Fantastic! He is good. I was so pleased when I finally got the triple rocket challenge! Tried for ages, finally got it on Endor dtage 3 when the rebels congregate at the bottom of the stairs 😁