criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HvV Quitting

White_Valkyrie
51 posts Member
edited October 2018
I’m tired of this. If you’re not gonna play please quit before the match starts. 2-3 versus 4 is not fun. Especially when it is the person that just stands there. It is 10/10 annoying. I dont care if you aren’t as good but please don’t quit mid-game!!!!

It’s probably not anyone that comes to the forums, but if you do and read this, please stop. It ruins it for everyone. Thanks! 😁
Post edited by White_Valkyrie on

Replies

• I never play light side, usually play 90% time with Palpatine and maybe a bit of Vader. So when I get in a match and I see I was assigned to light side I just quit immediately and hit search again.

This game absolutely needs a "preferred faction" option which can give you your preferred faction if possible. People is quitting and re-searching anyways so why not make it a thing?
  • Gots no problem with people quiting pre-game or post-game, and me sitting in the lobby. But at least for HvV it feels like this occurs every other Round, which is why i rarely ever play this mode. Its difficult for me to understand why people quit mid-match? It really is. Whether its Strike, GA, HvV, whatever. Are there circumstances when you might need to get off or step away? Yah I get that. But really it mostly comes down to 2 things:

1. Rage Quitting
    2. Being a Sore Loser

I just think that when this happens people gots bad attitudes. If you cant handle losing, probably shouldnt be playing games. Maybe you never grew up playing sports or werent brought up to be a good sport? Play against the AI if you dont want to lose. Its like the people that have to always cheat. What is the point of playing then?

I AM being a little bit harsh because if this is you, maybe you need to do some self reflection. I’m not angry, I just pity some people. Grow up. Show some maturity and humility. If you’re that upset maybe you should put the controller or keyboard down and take a break. I really wish there was a Toddler Lobby sometimes, because its difficult playing with some of these sour apples.

Its just boring for both sides. If youre really struggling, and you have to play this mode in particular, why not ask to play with an opponent on the other side. Im sure most people would say yes, I would. People just want to get on, play some games and have a good time. Please treat this as what it is, a game.
  • I completely understand what you say, but I will not stay in a game were there is no teamwork

I am totally with you there. Unfortunately that’s 75% of the matches. They do need a stick/work together emote. But respectfully, i still wouldnt quit mid-match. If you have the patience, I usually wait it out a few rounds. The bad players are usually the ones that end up quitting.
  • Gesph
    26 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I can understand how you feel, some people like to enjoy the match and doing so with a bad team can give you the opposite experience. I never quit mid-match, unless there is a necessity in real life. But some people do and it's quite understandable when the team is no team at all and in HvV teamwork is essential for an enjoyable experience.
  • Another HvV rage quitting thread. Really? Why? It’s kind of surprising considering how balanced the game is and how well the matchmaking is working.

It’s not all bad OP because at least Ewok Hunt works as intended so enjoy that permanent forest of fun. Also no worries as I’m sure DICE is working hard on another JPC map so you’ll have that going for you as well.

If you want to scratch the HvV itch just try out HvV SA as it is always easy to get a game and players never quit once they lose their hero ship so no rage quitters there either.
    #StarWars-y
  • Or, and this is a crazy idea...

Lock heroes until a specifically tailored battle scenario with them is completed in arcade mode.

Boom! Suddenly, standards! Understanding how your skills work and how they synergize with each other and, this is crazy... Other heroes!

Then you can get into HvV and start learning about the basics like.. You know.. Baiting abilities, then countering. Disabling key contributors? (If you don't freeze Chewie, you're doing it wrong.) Etc.

I learned the lesson to not set foot in that mode outside of a premade a long time ago.

What can I say, really? This is the result of releasing an incomplete game for a quick cash grab. They HAD the choice to do it right. They didn't. Oh, and they also came up with the target system for whatever reason. (If you're the target and you dash first into the 4 opponents, or stay and fight them 1 v 4 after your team gets owned, you may as well just go on ahead and uninstall the game.)
  • HvV quitting has been a huge issue since launch. I can only imagine how bad it must be with new MM. Add it to the long list of why HvV is an unplayable trash mode.

If only we had a hero focused mode that is thrilling, exciting edge of your seat entertainment that the majority of the forum members loved...

Oh wait.

HEROES UNLEASHED!!
  • Is it considered as quitting if I am playing with an afk bot and two 11 years old "mum look, pfew pfew" players?
  • TiNie
    172 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I completely understand what you say, but I will not stay in a game were there is no teamwork

I 100% agree with you. There might be some rookies, ok, but if you give them the advice to stay together in HvV and not to attack 4 foes beeing the targets and they refuse to do so, why should I play with him/them.
    The same stands for people obviously cheating. If I am not in group of friends and I spot a cheater in the other team I quit. I am not playing with cheaters, that is my way of protest.

So everybody should respect my decision to quit a match.
    Thx and Greetings.

Edit:

In my opinion HvV would be better with less quitters, if there would be no target at all and it would be a match of x vs x, while x is 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • If you want to quit then fine do it. It's when you've been beaten inthe previous game and are probably raging, you know who you are, and decide to wait until the next round time gets below 5 secs and then quit to teach everyone a lesson... Edgy.
    If that happens, just allow the game to start.. I'd rather start a man down and pull a new one in than sit in the lobby twiddling my thumbs because some edgelord can't handle the game a rage quits.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Another HvV rage quitting thread. Really? Why? It’s kind of surprising considering how balanced the game is and how well the matchmaking is working.

Joke post?
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Dash wrote: »
    Silencer wrote: »
    Is it considered as quitting if I am playing with an afk bot and two 11 years old "mum look, pfew pfew" players?

Not at all dude. And anyone that tells you other wise is absolutely out of their mind. Mind you, I’m elitist. Extremely so. And I Despise rage quitting of any kind. But that right there, Ultimate “Get out of Jail card” for me dude. You Absolutely have every right to leave if there’s some afk dude on your HVV team ruining the game. Same goes for an enemy team full of runners. I stay for runners with my boys to farm them. But solo que, with randoms, Nope. The moment I see Maul or Boba Running as target, I press escape, wait 5 mins, and reque. I’ll have no part of that nonsense in a solo que. Grouped up for sure, to decimate them till THEY rage quit. Solo Que, NO.

#AddHVVBlast
    #OrFixTargetSystem

nngghhhh.. God... Can we just skip the dinner and get it over with?
  • Dash
    11478 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Is it considered as quitting if I am playing with an afk bot and two 11 years old "mum look, pfew pfew" players?

Not at all dude. And anyone that tells you other wise is absolutely out of their mind. Mind you, I’m elitist. Extremely so. And I Despise rage quitting of any kind. But that right there, Ultimate “Get out of Jail card” for me dude. You Absolutely have every right to leave if there’s some afk dude on your HVV team ruining the game. Same goes for an enemy team full of runners. I stay for runners with my boys to farm them. But solo que, with randoms, Nope. The moment I see Maul or Boba Running as target, I press escape, wait 5 mins, and reque. I’ll have no part of that nonsense in a solo que. Grouped up for sure, to decimate them till THEY rage quit. Solo Que, NO.

#AddHVVBlast
    #OrFixTargetSystem

Lmfao :lol:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »

#AddHVVBlast
    #OrFixTargetSystem

vg5dk270n4e3.png
  • Dash
    11478 posts Member
    edited October 2018

#AddHVVBlast
    #OrFixTargetSystem

vg5dk270n4e3.png

There are two Star Wars creatures I wish I could have. One is that beautiful little Porg. The other is an Ewok I would call “McGriddle” that I would feed only McGriddles to. :sunglasses:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Yeah, nobody likes a wimpy quitter.

I for one, will never quit, even if it’s me vs 4.
  • TiNie
    172 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    I once had an entire team bail on me in a match. Me vs 4. I was in 3rd place scoring at the time and playing Han on Death Star II.

So I hatched a half-baked plan to 'show them' what was up. I figured I could become the top scorer simply because I had a target rich environment and they had to split points among 4. With every death, I changed Han's skin, with the idea that I'd finish up with my scrumrat young Han. So yeah, I lost, but on the podium in first place was me, with Han's shrugging pose. If even one of my opponents got a laugh out of it, then it was worth it. Heck it was worth it anyway. It cracked me up.

I play the mode maybe 10-20 times/week, and generally don't feel like quitters are a problem. If it happens, I roll with it.

I personally think this mode is underrated. There's nothing quite like the the rush of an intense match where the 3 strangers you're playing with gel together and GO TO WORK!

I'd still like to see more Hero modes. Hero Blast. Heroes Unleashed. Hero Duels.

Well, I play HvV very often and if a team is absolute leading there are always 1 or 2 leaving. It's different if the teams are balanced.

I fully agree with you about the hero modes.
  • TiNie wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    I once had an entire team bail on me in a match. Me vs 4. I was in 3rd place scoring at the time and playing Han on Death Star II.

So I hatched a half-baked plan to 'show them' what was up. I figured I could become the top scorer simply because I had a target rich environment and they had to split points among 4. With every death, I changed Han's skin, with the idea that I'd finish up with my scrumrat young Han. So yeah, I lost, but on the podium in first place was me, with Han's shrugging pose. If even one of my opponents got a laugh out of it, then it was worth it. Heck it was worth it anyway. It cracked me up.

I play the mode maybe 10-20 times/week, and generally don't feel like quitters are a problem. If it happens, I roll with it.

I personally think this mode is underrated. There's nothing quite like the the rush of an intense match where the 3 strangers you're playing with gel together and GO TO WORK!

I'd still like to see more Hero modes. Hero Blast. Heroes Unleashed. Hero Duels.

Well, I play HvV very often and if a team is absolute leading there are always 1 or 2 leaving. It's different if the teams are balanced.

I fully agree with you about the hero modes.

I either see teams stay full or get replenished quickly enough to generally not notice. I play a little more defensively when someone on our team quits, and usually hope someone with a little more fortitude replaces them.

• I completely understand what you say, but I will not stay in a game were there is no teamwork

Totally agree. I almost never quit HvV but I did a couple of days ago when I realised that nobody else on my team was making any attempt to attack the target - I was Rey and I spent about 5 minutes chasing around after Boba Fett (the enemy target) and during all that time I didn't see a single other person on my team make any attempt to attack him. Our target was Luke and he just kept running around everywhere so it wasn't like the rest of my team were making an effective defence for him. After a really long time, eventually Luke bit the dust and I was just so disgusted with my aimless team that I left them to rot.
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Yeah, nobody likes a wimpy quitter.

I especially like when it's me vs 4 because I feel no shame if I lose.
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Yeah, nobody likes a wimpy quitter.

I especially like when it's me vs 4 because I feel no shame if I lose.

Honestly. Yeah. I've hone through tons of 1v4s
  • d0kRX
    1302 posts Member
    You know it's annoying when you see people posting about it so much! There's always a post on people quitting heroes and villains, but guess what, nothing is gonna happen to stop these players from quitting outta matches, so I suggest not complaining anymore, I suggest quitting yourself and getting a new lobby with the right amount of players.

On a side note, I really love seeing posts like this one instead of unnecessary Nerf posts, congrats!
    PSN: d0kRX
  • But, being serious, HvV quitting will see a reduction when the target system gets fixed. One very viable, and I daresay at this point necessary solution is simply an outright "degradation" of performance from the target. 2 mins passes? Your movement speed goes down some 30%. 3 mins? Your abilities have 50% longer recharge time. 5 mins? Your abilities are disabled AND your movement speed is set to 50%. (Jetpack disables at this point. Sorry Boba runners. You're meant to kill people with barrages, not fly off like a coward.)

That'd encourage the targets to engage smartly, and quickly.
  • Saw ppl running/glitch i quit... dont if its on my side or the enemy
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Another HvV rage quitting thread. Really? Why? It’s kind of surprising considering how balanced the game is and how well the matchmaking is working.

Joke post?

No.... OK, yes it was. HvV is a mess with rage quitters and map exploits still in the game since launch. Going to love seeing GG hiding behind Maz’s Castle or in the wall on Yavin. Wonder what exploits Geonosis will have.
    #StarWars-y
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    But, being serious, HvV quitting will see a reduction when the target system gets fixed. One very viable, and I daresay at this point necessary solution is simply an outright "degradation" of performance from the target. 2 mins passes? Your movement speed goes down some 30%. 3 mins? Your abilities have 50% longer recharge time. 5 mins? Your abilities are disabled AND your movement speed is set to 50%. (Jetpack disables at this point. Sorry Boba runners. You're meant to kill people with barrages, not fly off like a coward.)

That'd encourage the targets to engage smartly, and quickly.

I could see a system like this working provided it would reset with every kill a target makes. This way a target not running doesn't become a sitting duck at same time as the runner.
  • Billkwando
    1222 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Do you guys have a problem with running for comedic effect? :p

ZI7BNkU.gif

• Billkwando wrote: »
    Another HvV rage quitting thread. Really? Why? It’s kind of surprising considering how balanced the game is and how well the matchmaking is working.

Joke post?

No.... OK, yes it was. HvV is a mess with rage quitters and map exploits still in the game since launch. Going to love seeing GG hiding behind Maz’s Castle or in the wall on Yavin. Wonder what exploits Geonosis will have.

What happened to your avatar pic? I would've gotten it instantly if I'd realized sooner it was you. :)
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• I quit HpV just to grief my bad team members. Why should I play when 90% of my team are garbage?
    L2P and gitgud people wont quit
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • quenaelin
    722 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    EightMile wrote: »
    I quit HpV just to grief my bad team members. Why should I play when 90% of my team are garbage?
    L2P and gitgud people wont quit

If 90% of your team is garbage then that includes you, there are only 4 players in your team. All players can't be equally good. Why beginners should quit, they will never learn anything if they quit all the time. There should be ranked games for experienced players and AI HvV mode for beginners.

Post edited by quenaelin on
  • bfloo
    14050 posts Member
    Between the constant lag, abilities working 1 out of 5 tries on a good day, and the ridiculous stuns, I'm surprised more people don't quit.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Dash
    11478 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    bfloo wrote: »
    Between the constant lag, abilities working 1 out of 5 tries on a good day, and the ridiculous stuns, I'm surprised more people don't quit.

I could not resist. And also, it’s a Fantastic song! :blush:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif