criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Dash Rendar is now Canon! Make him the Light Side JETPACK USER DICE! PLEASE!

Prev1
88oduuuzvyjd.gif

I'm biased, the proof is written in my origin account name. But then this is fresh news! Rendar is Canon! Make him the lightside jetpack user please!!!

Dash Rendar & IG-88 together! Shadows of the Empire Season!
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• BoothStick
    454 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It should be Sabine Ren

I'm all for REBELS characters in the game... I'm a fan of it...
    However, Dash > Sabine... besides Kanan Jarrus/Caleb Dume has earned his SWBF2 addition before Sabine. Love the storyline and MasterPadawan lineage they've made with him.
    Yoda --> Mace Windu --> Depa Billapa --> Kanan Jarrus/Caleb Dume --> Ezra Bridger
    Solid addition to Star Wars Verse
  • RogueZeroRendar
    732 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It should be Sabine Ren

Then we would have another mandalorian using Jetpacks? I'd prefer originality, getting a corellian smuggler using a jetpack instead.

Nothing against Sabine, but I'm all for Dash Rendar
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Dash
    11447 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It should be Sabine Ren

Then we would have another mandalorian using Jetpacks? I'd prefer originality, getting a corellian smuggler using a jetpack instead.

Nothing against Sabine, but I'm all for Dash Rendar

100%. Dude even comes with his own Ship (Outrider). And is by far the smoothest, most BAMF, Smuggler/Mercenary around dude. Great weapons to choose from that he’s famous for/uses as well. :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Thanks for the heads-up. Didn't know about HS:Tales from Vandor. Got to get my hands on that book soon. :smiley:
  • @ModusMoriendi dont buy the hard copy. Infact, see if your local library is getting a copy and borrow it. Book is good... not great, and Dash really isnt in that much. The reveal of him was sort of the shocker. Which I guess I spoiled that in another post... oops. You'll burn through the book fast for just a little bit of Dash. Dare I say a Dash of Dash in Tales From Vandor

If you're looking for a great recent Star Wars book... Thrawn: Alliances . It is really incredible. First book I've read twice back to back since I was a kid. The 2nd time is almost a different read. Definitely worth hardcover money.
    jorl6aoxyu1p.jpeg
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    ModusMoriendi dont buy the hard copy. Infact, see if your local library is getting a copy and borrow it. Book is good... not great, and Dash really isnt in that much. The reveal of him was sort of the shocker. Which I guess I spoiled that in another post... oops. You'll burn through the book fast for just a little bit of Dash. Dare I say a Dash of Dash in Tales From Vandor

If you're looking for a great recent Star Wars book... Thrawn: Alliances . It is really incredible. First book I've read twice back to back since I was a kid. The 2nd time is almost a different read. Definitely worth hardcover money.
    jorl6aoxyu1p.jpeg
    Thanks for the advice! :smiley:
    I've read Thrawn: alliances on my Kindle already, it's great. You may have noticed I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to Star Wars lore, even quoted a comic in a thread some days ago. There are some limits, though; I'm not buying kids' colouring books or whatever, but if they're decent reads I'll get them eventually. I doubt it'll come to my local library any time soon, so I'll just include Vandor the next time I buy something from Amazon (shipping is expensive here).
    For other good reads, I've loved Claudia Grays books Lost Stars and Bloodlines. She's got a way of making the world and characters alive. Leia: Princess of Alderaan isn't on Kindle here, sadly, so I haven't read that one.
  • @BoothStick I changed on misplaced ' and my reply got swallowed for "approval"... :neutral:
    But in short, thanks for the advice! Alliances is a recommended read. :smile:
    ec2c2r6rox84.jpg
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @BoothStick I changed on misplaced ' and my reply got swallowed for "approval"... :neutral:
    But in short, thanks for the advice! Alliances is a recommended read. :smile:
    ec2c2r6rox84.jpg

I brought it back. :smile:
  • Dash rendar>anyone from rebels any day.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Mace Windu or bust
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Dash rendar>anyone from rebels any day.

Not kanan
  • I would've been more into Kanaan if his plot hadn't gone:

Power level: 10%

Then suddenly,

Power level: 110%

and then biting the dust without the plot even remotely demanding it.

(Also, Ahsoka should be dead. Timetravel nonsense is eww.)
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • @KresusFIN they actually explain alot of that Force Powers being low early on in his character creation in A New Dawn
    08dx8du2rw43.jpg
    Kanan/Caleb was going full "Nicolas Cage Leaving Las Vegas" or "Trainspotting" with substance abuse. He was essentially trying to kill "The Force" because every time it popped up through him from an adolescent to an adult it put himself & others in danger. It was definitely cool character twist that the force was more of a curse than a blessing. It wasnt until "the incident" at the end of REBELS Season 2 that he was forced to embrace the force. "Once I was blind, but now I can see" narrative tactic.

As for the time travel... I can see where people were put off, but it's been around in EU/Legends for a while and pretty clunky. Never really defined and all over the place. I commend them for just addressing it and establishing ground rules. It hasnt been used a lot since... but I'm glad it's in the Force Realm of the Mortis Arc ... it should kind of stay there and I dont expect it to be used as a device much.
  • I will confess to basing my judgement from Rebels. Never read any comics or anything.

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • 88oduuuzvyjd.gif

I'm biased, the proof is written in my origin account name. But then this is fresh news! Rendar is Canon! Make him the lightside jetpack user please!!!

Dash Rendar & IG-88 together! Shadows of the Empire Season!

Dash comes with OOM-9.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    I will confess to basing my judgement from Rebels. Never read any comics or anything.

@KresusFIN yeah the "Graphic & Written" novels sadly aren't getting enough attention... even pulling from then for the "Sequel Trilogy" films. I highly recommend this watch on the full character arc of Kanan Jarrus/Caleb Dume. It sums up A LOT if material in a short video. Hall of Fame Star Wars Character

Which going back to the initial subject of this thread. I can not wait for "Star Wars Story Group" to start sinking their teeth into Dash Rendar. I'm a huge fan of the "New Canon" Thrawn.... just chomping at the bit now for a "New Canon" Dash Rendar
  • No!!! one jet pack troll is enough let alone a kids cartoon characters
  • It should be Sabine Ren

Go wash your hands for actually typing that out.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • No!!! one jet pack troll is enough let alone a kids cartoon characters

This would balance the characters with jetpacks though.
  • TK_8721 wrote: »
    No!!! one jet pack troll is enough let alone a kids cartoon characters

Dash Rendar isn’t a “children’s cartoon character” he originated in legends and, from what I’ve seen, is very well liked.

Yes!
  • JMaster
    2108 posts Member
    I like the idea of an actual Galactic Civil War character being a counter to Fett, that's cool! I'm not very familiar with Mr. Rendar, though- I was definitely after the time of Shadows of the Empire- but I am all for Era-accurate jetpack counters! If only we could get someone to counteract Jango Fett... The biggest problem is that there are so many characters that use jetpacks that I and others would like to see (Maz, Rex, some people want Sabine, Cad Bane has those jet boots like Star Lord), but just like with Force Users it gets very yucky very fast. I want Mace Windu paired with Jango, and while that leaves another jetpack dude buzzing around like a wasp in the rafters, it would finally give the lightside an equal number of force users relative to the Dark Side. But then you bring in other characters that could be cool, like Savage Opress, or Snoke, and you have to figure out who becomes a character to match them, it's messy.
    We were talking about Dash, though, and I'm cool with it! Anyone who can hunt down Fett is fine by me.
    P.S.- While I'm not very familiar with the characters or the game, I do distinctly remember having an action figure of Prince Xizor, that'd be a cool character to have facing off against him! I know IG-88 makes an appearance (and that's awesome), but I would love it if Iggy was the counter to another droid associated with the Empire...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Dash wrote: »
    It should be Sabine Ren

It probably will be her some day knowing the devs/ea. But I’m still super happy Dash is Canon and that it’s no longer debatable. It’s just factual. Makes me super happy knowing it. :sunglasses:

So what was he in that he's canon now? Did some comic release?
  • Dash
    11447 posts Member
    Azelrazel wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    It should be Sabine Ren

It probably will be her some day knowing the devs/ea. But I’m still super happy Dash is Canon and that it’s no longer debatable. It’s just factual. Makes me super happy knowing it. :sunglasses:

So what was he in that he's canon now? Did some comic release?

It was in official writing where he was talked about from different points of view/story experience of characters. Canonical story etc. It used to be about the Outrider showing up in the films or the show, now the debates over. He’s canon and it’s pure unadulterated JOY! :sunglasses:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash has a cool name but he's just a poor man's Han Solo modeled after Kevin Costner.

Any of the main characters from rebels needs to be made non cannon. Just a crapfest of characters there.
  • Not very familiar with Rendar, but he seems like another cool Star Wars character to me. The LS does need an aerial hero to counter Bobba...
  • Not very familiar with Rendar, but he seems like another cool Star Wars character to me. The LS does need an aerial hero to counter Bobba...

Why? With the jet pack mechanics it's not like they can fight in the air with any accuracy.
  • Dash is awesome and would be the perfect character for this, but I wouldn't really want another hero that's great at exploiting the HvV target system so long as that is around.

DS would also need a hard counter to him that they currently lack (LS has Chewie, Wookie Warriors and to a lesser extent Finn and Leia)

Thing is that jetpack characters aren't necessarily best countered by another Jetpack character. Boba would have extreme difficulty hitting Dash with his primary damage dealer (rockets). IG-88 would need an aimbot or knockback ability (preferably the latter to keep it somewhat skill based), or Dash would be even harder to catch than Boba is now.

all just fun brainstorming though. I'd bet real $$$ this game's not getting any more heroes after the CW season
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Darth_Vapor3
    2613 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Not very familiar with Rendar, but he seems like another cool Star Wars character to me. The LS does need an aerial hero to counter Bobba...

Why? With the jet pack mechanics it's not like they can fight in the air with any accuracy.

Yeah, counter is the wrong word. I didn’t mean a gameplay counter, just that since the DS heroes have an aerial, so too should the LS. Kylo’s extended range to freeze and pull is probably the best actual counter to aerials currently anyway.
  • You do all realise, that after the current road map... that's it, don't you?

@Darth_Vapor3 think of Dash Rendar as the Rebellion's Boba Fett. Kind of a hired gun/mercenary. He is famous for the Shadows of the Empire video game, but in countless other EU/Legends stories. He was kind of similar to Han Solo, but had his stuff in order. There are other similar "Smuggler" type character that helped the rebellion. Talon Karrde is another fan favorite like Dash and we thought he was coming out of Legends for Last Jedi with Del Toro
    1hy82kro1kf6.jpg
    There are alot of great characters like that ... but Dash is kind of the best of the bunch.
  • You do all realise, that after the current road map... that's it, don't you?

Ah cool, care to share a link where they said this then?
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    You do all realise, that after the current road map... that's it, don't you?

Ah cool, care to share a link where they said this then?

Yeah ... production will be light... but even at the least I think player base can expect 2 Content Updates before development closes shop. Summer 2019 and then Late Fall 2019 for Episode IX content.

I think we can assume after Episode IX content that will be it for SWBF2 development. A> game will be 2 years old with no "real" MTX funding. B> RESPAWN's Jedi: Fallen Order will be EA's Star Wars focus.
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    Not very familiar with Rendar, but he seems like another cool Star Wars character to me. The LS does need an aerial hero to counter Bobba...

@Darth_Vapor3 think of Dash Rendar as the Rebellion's Boba Fett. Kind of a hired gun/mercenary. He is famous for the Shadows of the Empire video game, but in countless other EU/Legends stories. He was kind of similar to Han Solo, but had his stuff in order. There are other similar "Smuggler" type character that helped the rebellion. Talon Karrde is another fan favorite like Dash and we thought he was coming out of Legends for Last Jedi with Del Toro
    1hy82kro1kf6.jpg
    There are alot of great characters like that ... but Dash is kind of the best of the bunch.
    Ok, thanks. I am familiar with many EU characters as I read upwards of 50+ novels from RotJ all the way to Darth Caedus. Don’t remember the name of that series but I fell off from reading just before Jaina Solo was about to kill him... her brother. Talon Karrde. Now that’s a guy I’m very familiar with.
  • Dash
    11447 posts Member
    edited October 2018

I beg to differ sir. I disagree 100% with every word you just wrote. I’ll let my boy Elliot assist with this: :sunglasses:

If he’s Testing frequently and monthly remotely or onsite, we’ve got nothing to worry about. :wink:

#DashAintGoingAnywhere :blush:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• @Darth_Vapor3 yeah when Force Awakens came out I really thought they were going to do the "twins" storyline of Jacen & Jaina Solo with Rey & Ben/Kylo. However, Bloodline Novel came out and crushed that hope with Ben/Kylo being Han and Leia's only child. Such a shame, because that would have made this new Trilogy so much better.

However, we do have a new Jacen in Canon... Jacen Syndulla, character is "parked" at the moment, but it would be great if they developed another similar Jacen Solo story arc... do it for the "feels" LucasFilm
  • Dash wrote: »

I beg to differ sir. I disagree 100% with every word you just wrote. I’ll let my boy Elliot assist with this: :sunglasses:

If he’s Testing frequently and monthly remotely or onsite, we’ve got nothing to worry about. :wink:

I must've been under a rock for a while. I thought Dennis was more or less booted out of Dice a while back. Or do I have my facts wrong?

That aside, more content will be welcome. They have a LOT to make up for before I stop advocating for EA's SW license to be taken from them in 2023.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »

I must've been under a rock for a while. I thought Dennis was more or less booted out of Dice a while back. Or do I have my facts wrong?

That aside, more content will be welcome. They have a LOT to make up for before I stop advocating for EA's SW license to be taken from them in 2023.

Sad part it wont be taken away, it will just go up for a big again. I work in TV Broadcast... and you know who gets the rights to stuff? Which ever company bids the most regardless of previous actions. If EA throws the most money for the rights again... they'll get it again. Before you say "LucasFilm would never allow it again"... well LucasFilm is owned by Disney/ABC and they're the masters of broadcast rights and out bidding. Think they own $50 Billion in broadcast rights. Our only hope of EA not getting Star Wars again on next bid is if another development company outbid them. However, EA being EA....FIFA... NFL ... I could see them dropping a ton of money to get it again for Brand Value. If they decide it's not worth it again, they might phone in a bid and be outbid by another Game Developer.

You need to watch RogueOneKenobi playing as Boba Fett, and you'll realise there's much precision in aerial combat. Jetpack User Vs Jetpack User will be AMAZING. Here's the link to the playlist with only RogueOneKenobi's videos on our channel, just get a Boba Fett video and you'll understand: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnnmhBBAc8VN55YV4JHj9WG9e_xVrTwfa
    Dash is awesome and would be the perfect character for this, but I wouldn't really want another hero that's great at exploiting the HvV target system so long as that is around.

DS would also need a hard counter to him that they currently lack (LS has Chewie, Wookie Warriors and to a lesser extent Finn and Leia)

Thing is that jetpack characters aren't necessarily best countered by another Jetpack character. Boba would have extreme difficulty hitting Dash with his primary damage dealer (rockets). IG-88 would need an aimbot or knockback ability (preferably the latter to keep it somewhat skill based), or Dash would be even harder to catch than Boba is now.

all just fun brainstorming though. I'd bet real $$$ this game's not getting any more heroes after the CW season

They currently lack? Supposing any staggering move will force Dash out of the air like they do with Boba, both Palpatine's Chain Lightning as well as his 2 handed lightning attack will make Dash stop flying. Kylo can pull him out of the sky too, or freeze him which renders him an easy target in the sky for every sort of DS shooters. I won't mention GA as I feel Boba is pretty useless there with all splash damage taking him out of the sky. With Dash it'll be the same story.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif