criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can a Dev comment on whether Extraction is getting ignored?

Prev1
It would be greatly appreciated.

Extraction is easily the best mode for small-scale combat, and for those of us who aren't into the Hero-fest that GA has become, it's arguably the best mode in the game in general.

It's easily one of the most popular modes, or it was until months had gone by with no maps added to the paltry two it released with. Even Jetpack Cargo got more maps than that, and no one liked that mode.

We have had an immense amount of fun in Extraction, even with only two maps. Still, two maps just ain't enough.

Can we have some communication? Is the best mode in the game seriously being ignored?

Replies

• That's the reason why I don't play extraction. The lack of maps makes it uninteresting.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• There just aren't enough Devs left to support adding new maps to it. Even if they use existing maps, they still have to code in the mechanics and physics. It's taken almost a year to finish Grievous... working on 3 more Heroes... Geonosis Map... and new large gamemode.

Sadly when MTX funding was eliminated that killed a revenue stream for further development. You wont hear it from a developer because the answer will be negative. I'm telling you it's safe to assume you may never see more Extraction Maps for SWBF2... If we're lucky they might have time and resources to work on them in April 2019.

I think the best solution is to just fold Extraction[/] gamemode into the Strike gamemode playlist.
  • I believe they did comment, unfortunately. Back in June? It was around then. They confirmed they were NOT working on expanding Extraction. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain I read that.
  • Everytime an “extraction needs more maps” thread is cut down, two more shall take its place! We need some feed back EA!
  • Thankfully we have Ewok Hunt and JPC. :|
    This game is FUBAR.
    #StarWars-y
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    There just aren't enough Devs left to support adding new maps to it.
    That's what Ive been fearing.

BoothStick wrote: »
    Even if they use existing maps, they still have to code in the mechanics and physics.
    Fair point. But honestly, it shouldn't be THAT hard to do, and I'd rather see a few bad maps added than nothing.

Sadly when MTX funding was eliminated that killed a revenue stream for further development.
    Very true. Though, if they cared at all about bringing in MTX money to fund game content, there's more than 150 canon skins that could be made JUST BY RECOLORING EXISTING ASSETS. They could have released those in 50-skin batches and made bank.

I think the best solution is to just fold Extraction gamemode into the Strike gamemode playlist.
    That would be better than having it vanish, but maybe not better than it staying how it is. Some of my friends love Extraction but don't like Strike.
  • That's the reason why I don't play extraction. The lack of maps makes it uninteresting.
    Sad but true. I have a high tolerance for repetition, but even I am starting to get tired of two paltry maps.

Although on PC I can barely find a game in Extraction.
    Same here, this last week or so. It almost seems like they're deliberately killing the mode because they know they won't support it.

I believe they did comment, unfortunately. Back in June? It was around then. They confirmed they were NOT working on expanding Extraction. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain I read that.
    Yeah, they said in June that they're were not currently making any new maps for Extraction. They didn't say they were abandoning the new mode entirely. There was no reason to think they'd abandon a highly popular mode they had just added into the game, so a lot of people held put hope that more maps would eventually be coming.

Sadly, the lack of any word or maps for months, the recent rapidly-emptying servers, and the depromotion of threads related to Extraction... seem to indicate that's not the case.

Still, some clear and direct communication would be nice. Are they abandoning one of the game's most popular modes?
  • There are so many modes and at the moment only two of them seem to be getting any attention, those being GA and HvV.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    The Pillio campaign map, with the goal of extracting some of the Emperor's precious artifacts would also be awesome.

True.
  • rollind24
    5176 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    The Pillio campaign map, with the goal of extracting some of the Emperor's precious artifacts would also be awesome.

It’s been a while since I did the campaign but Pillio seems like its custom built for Extraction already from what I remember. Might have to build some flank points but should be it.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

It’s been a while since I did the campaign but Pillio seems like its custom built for Extraction already from what I remember. Might have to build some flank points but should be it.

It would be perfect.

Explorer mode. Play Cache Grab (Sullust) and then the next campaign is Under Covered Skies (Bespin). Two beautiful maps that seem ready for Extraction. In both maps you’ll see some of the tanks (red) and some cargo crates (white cylinders with green light) are destructible and release vapor when destroyed.

The Vardos maps are ideal for Extraction as well.

Too bad they were not designed for multiplayer.
    #StarWars-y
  • Pillio... Sullust... Bespin... the Death Star... Mos Eisley... Endor's Imperial Base... Theed (could be extracting the Blue Virus)... GEONOSIS... Yavin... Jakku... Vardos... Kashyyyk...

So many options. Some of them ready to go.
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Extraction is now the ultimate mode in this game. I suggest DICE updates it.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    That's the reason why I don't play extraction. The lack of maps makes it uninteresting.
    Sad but true. I have a high tolerance for repetition, but even I am starting to get tired of two paltry maps.

Although on PC I can barely find a game in Extraction.
    Same here, this last week or so. It almost seems like they're deliberately killing the mode because they know they won't support it.

I believe they did comment, unfortunately. Back in June? It was around then. They confirmed they were NOT working on expanding Extraction. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain I read that.
    Yeah, they said in June that they're were not currently making any new maps for Extraction. They didn't say they were abandoning the new mode entirely. There was no reason to think they'd abandon a highly popular mode they had just added into the game, so a lot of people held put hope that more maps would eventually be coming.

Sadly, the lack of any word or maps for months, the recent rapidly-emptying servers, and the depromotion of threads related to Extraction... seem to indicate that's not the case.

Still, some clear and direct communication would be nice. Are they abandoning one of the game's most popular modes?

I just took their info to mean they had no current plans to expand on Extraction. I didn't like it, but it is what it is. Or it was what it was. However you want to interpret it.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    I'll just save you the time of a dev response, we won't be getting anymore maps. Set your expectations low, like really low, then be pleasantly surprised when something good happens
    Pillio... Sullust... Bespin... the Death Star... Mos Eisley... Endor's Imperial Base... Theed (could be extracting the Blue Virus)... GEONOSIS... Yavin... Jakku... Vardos... Kashyyyk...

So many options. Some of them ready to go.

Need.
  • Definitely needs some love, the smaller modes were really popular in BF2015 so I don’t know why they aren’t giving them much attention. I think they could just plonk the mode in current maps, Hoth caves going out the reverse way to GA, endor starting at the bigger cave and going along the trench the At-At goes down until it gets back to the base. Just put it in extra maps! It might not be perfect but at least give it a shot.

The other idea is to make JPC just cargo with trooper/reinforcement loadout, match extraction and cargo as the new strike playlist. Cargo pretty much has the mode built with three maps so shouldn’t be a huge task.
  • ignored? comment?

the lack of any new maps means they are ignoring extraction and the players.....
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • JMaster
    2114 posts Member
    Look, I like Strike, but bundling it together with Extraction isn't the way to go. Maps- from 2015 or now- will get me back into playing Extraction regularly. It's such a simple but pure gamemode, and we need more of those.
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I’m holding onto hope they release maps for it in December.

Hero’s to me while fine and great as content are more like a side dish to a meal. They aren’t very filling and maps/modes are the main course.
    I really like the way you compare Heroes to a side dish... don't get me worng, I love 'em, and I so desperately want more. But they're comfort food, they're awesome for a while and with no new additions and experience they'll be same-old-same-old. They're meant to add a bit of flair and unique gameplay to whatever maps and modes we have. That's what will keep me playing for a long time: maps, modes, and weapons will bring more longevity than any cyborg, sad as that is for me to say. We need more for the best addition to Battlefront 2015, let's do this.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Extraction is definitely the best small-scale mode and most balanced mode in the entire game. It needs more maps.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Naw they're not ignoring anything, probably watching closely how saturated the mode is w/players... and they know how many gamers are playing Extraction, it's probably flashing red on their weekly reports...definitely my go-to & current favorite if I have a few free minutes. I dig how competitive everyone is in there. No shortage of antics and narrow wins/defeats <3 . Don't you love Jabba's palace?! Stoked every time I get to run those halls. I wish the entire compound was a large Blast map 30 vs 30 / 1 hour timer B) Also missing the old BF1 extraction at the Palace. The basement at the sail barge out to the cliffs...so great.

Maybe we just need a dedicated Battlefront: Tatooine 🤔

giphy.gif
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• All Dennis and Ben have said is “there’s no plans to add more maps at this time” and “it will remain GCW era”
  • Just the best mode in the game.
  • univurshul wrote: »
    Naw they're not ignoring anything, probably watching closely how saturated the mode is w/players... and they know how many gamers are playing Extraction, it's probably flashing red on their weekly reports...definitely my go-to & current favorite if I have a few free minutes. I dig how competitive everyone is in there. No shortage of antics and narrow wins/defeats <3 . Don't you love Jabba's palace?! Stoked every time I get to run those halls. I wish the entire compound was a large Blast map 30 vs 30 / 1 hour timer B) Also missing the old BF1 extraction at the Palace. The basement at the sail barge out to the cliffs...so great.

Maybe we just need a dedicated Battlefront: Tatooine 🤔

giphy.gif
    lol wat
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • SVEJ
    1158 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »

Extraction is easily the best mode for small-scale combat, and for those of us who aren't into the Hero-fest that GA has become, it's arguably the best mode in the game in general.

It's easily one of the most popular modes, or it was until months had gone by with no maps added to the paltry two it released with. Even Jetpack Cargo got more maps than that, and no one liked that mode.

We have had an immense amount of fun in Extraction, even with only two maps. Still, two maps just ain't enough.

Can we have some communication? Is the best mode in the game seriously being ignored?

I don't think they have any plans once Anakin is released, After that i believe it'll be the TellTale effect where the studio will be shut down. Seem's like The Walking Dead final season will get it's final episodes then the rest of the Devs are kicked out. Now it's DICE's turn. and to be honest, they do deserve it.
  • Not doing imperials/Boba Fett extracting Han in Carbonite from Bespin is a missed opportunity of gargantuan proportions.

That should have been the flip side of the Solo season - not Jabbas Palace.
  • they never answer us about new extraction maps. nice mode but always the same maps since may....
  • (My emphasis:)
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    All Dennis and Ben have said is “there’s no plans to add more maps at this time” and “it will remain GCW era
    That last part, even more than anything else, is madness. What possible reason could there be for restricting it to one era?? I mean, I'll take a new map or three regardless of era, but some Clone Wars Extraction is something that would be an amazing addition, a desperately needed shot in the arm.

I'm not a fan of the Clone Legion skins, but some of my friends are, and since none of us like GA enough to play it, we just almost never get to see clone skins. They're hungry to see their Legion in action, and I even bought the pack for that Legion so we can all look like we belong together. It's ridiculous to artificially restrict the only really reliably fun ground mode in the entire game.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member

tenor.gif?itemid=11153866
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Not ignored, but our focus is elsewhere right now.
    Is it OOM-9? :*
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • F8RGE wrote: »

How is that not a way of saying "we're ignoring you right now"...???
  • rollind24
    5176 posts Member
    edited October 2018

I appreciate the response but I can’t wait to use this line with the wifey during the Sox game later, thank you! Lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • bfloo
    14399 posts Member

I appreciate the response but I can’t wait to use this line with the wifey during the Sox game later, thank you! Lol

You must put her response to this on youtube!!!!

pwjf7639z5zd.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Go cubs
    Well, at least now I know. Focus is elsewhere... see ya
  • bfloo wrote: »

You must put her response to this on youtube!!!!

pwjf7639z5zd.png

After you get out of hospital of course.

As for Extraction.... I would love to see some more maps added. Great ideas above for maps based on BF2017 maps. I would also love to see some of the BF2015 maps ported over.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Thank you for the response.

I guess that means....MAYBE in a year, when they are supposedly done figure out the mechanics of their game that was released a year ago, MAYBE then...they'll "consider" it. Wow this company is just a constant let down.
  • OOM19 wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=11153866
    giphy.gif
  • JackTHorn
    3562 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Is it OOM-9? :*
    440489124.gif

I guess that means....MAYBE in a year, when they are supposedly done figure out the mechanics of their game that was released a year ago, MAYBE then...they'll "consider" it. Wow this company is just a constant let down.
    I'm trying to look at it like this... "Not ignoring, focus elsewhere" is honestly better than I was expecting. Maybe there's a chance that, after all this hero/GA focus is over, they'll return to Trooper play and real Battlefront modes. *fingers crossed*