criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why are we not allowed to stay in a server?

May I ask why even staying in a server is now forbidden?

Us not being able to pick our servers has been a complaint since last game and now we are forbidden from even staying in a server we didn't even get to pick ourselves.
ts7mqbuu448k.jpg

EoR MM is a failure and should be turned off.
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
p0glkjvppdfa.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    May I ask why even staying in a server is now forbidden?

Us not being able to pick our servers has been a complaint since last game and now we are forbidden from even staying in a server we didn't even get to pick ourselves.
    ts7mqbuu448k.jpg

EoR MM is a failure and should be turned off.

Good question.
  • Because this game is not managed well at all. It’s only Star Wars.
    #StarWars-y
  • Because this game is not managed well at all. It’s only Star Wars.

They actually put effort into implementing a system that removes my choice to stay in a server.

Why not focus on actual issues for the game?
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • rollind24
    5015 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Zappa2510 wrote: »
    I 100 percent agree, why work on this when other stuff is needed more. They really lack logic and want to force things on us that we do not want. They only will ignore us and I dont see anything changing anytime soon.

Well to be fair I saw a lot of crying on the forum for the unicorn of evenly matching up players without any of the foresight to actually think about what criteria would be used to determine that in this game. I agree it should be turned off though.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    While I don't think the EOR matchmaking is a complete failure, I will agree that we should be allowed to say things like "I'm having fun and would like to continue having fun" instead of being tossed into a Russian roulette server search that may or may not be fun and balanced.

Power to the players, if they are having fun, we should be allowed to choose to stay or choose to go
  • I have reverted back to BFI for now. Every time I play a map I get booted to another server and loaded into the same map I just played. Not sure why they could not just do a simple team shuffle like the first game.
  • Bugs don't get fixed at all which really need fixing, but hey we will add matchmaking that makes you waste time trying to find games.

This sums up the dev team that they haven't a clue what they are doing and haven't got there priorities right. Fix they game before you add things it's that simple.
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    While I don't think the EOR matchmaking is a complete failure, I will agree that we should be allowed to say things like "I'm having fun and would like to continue having fun" instead of being tossed into a Russian roulette server search that may or may not be fun and balanced.

Power to the players, if they are having fun, we should be allowed to choose to stay or choose to go

Even if one person ends up being put into an empty server after being in a full one makes it a failure.

p0glkjvppdfa.png
    Danxoln wrote: »

Even if one person ends up being put into an empty server after being in a full one makes it a failure.

gotta have all those servers full now!
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    I have reverted back to BFI for now. Every time I play a map I get booted to another server and loaded into the same map I just played. Not sure why they could not just do a simple team shuffle like the first game.

Been having the urge to play some WA and Extraction. Are you still getting good matches?
    GA is a choke point mess and playing the same maps over and over again is wearing thin. Getting placed in an empty lobby is also wearing thin.
    #StarWars-y
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Sorry didn't know that was still a thing, I haven't experienced this yet

If you play enough games it will happen.
  • wont be long until the only choice we have is a pixel and a stick
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • EoR MM is a failure and should be turned off........
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
    Because this game is not managed well at all. It’s only Star Wars.

They actually put effort into implementing a system that removes my choice to stay in a server.

One of the issues are unbalanced games, they trying to fix this

it dd8buww3ayzy.jpg
    it wont be empty
    there will always be 1 other doomed soul with you
    this happens EVERY DAY ALL DAY
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • SVEJ
    1151 posts Member
    happens to me all the time, empty lobby or it's waiting to fill. Played a GA game where is was like 7vs7 the WHOLE game, like i don't get why no one was able to join. i felt as if I was just playing strike the whole time.
  • This MM is a waste of time. i still get in good teams, I still get in bad teams, people still rage quit. I can no longer stay with a bunch of players whether I win or lose. I can no longer stick in a room whether I win or lose.

Well done EA.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Yepie they made some more tweaks, and it still doesn't work, come on guys just get rid of it, just played 1 game to get put in a empty lobby. Your tweaks don't do anything so just drop it
  • Because their positive testing results say so! (Sarcasm)
  • I did my own data test, I basically seen how much time I wasted in the past week on trying to get a game, it's roughly 5hrs wasted out of a 20 hour game week.
  • Because their positive testing results say so! (Sarcasm)

Yeah they can lie about all they want, doesn't make it positive.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    Because their positive testing results say so! (Sarcasm)

careful they consider that blasphemy ;)
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I removed a few posts here, let's please keep our criticism constructive, and be polite. :smile:
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    Because their positive testing results say so! (Sarcasm)

careful they consider that blasphemy ;)

Genuine feedback is blasphaemy...
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • JediJulius
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The thing is, the former lobby system was mediocre. Simply switching sides forever with poor matchmaking led to some pretty poorly balanced match-ups only further hindered by rage quitting and afk people.

The problem is, they took what should have been a relatively simple solution of 'a team shuffle every time the map switches along with some kind of matchmaking criteria' and instead made the most pointlessly complicated 'solution' that only made other problems worse WITHOUT truly fixing the original problem. Who looked at 'team shuffle' and thought 'boot players out of the server to rematchmake with no choice'? Now I even get forced to leave good match-ups and shoved in some empty lobby.

I agree 100% that we should be allowed to stay in a lobby at our choosing. I just had to rant because there are so many flaws in this new system when I would've just been happy with a team shuffle.
  • why? why? there is no why. nothing more will DICE say about EOR matchmaking issues. clear your mind of questions.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    why? why? there is no why. nothing more will DICE say about EOR matchmaking issues. clear your mind of questions.

Is the urge to play Red Dead Redemption 2 stronger?
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    stevenomes wrote: »
    why? why? there is no why. nothing more will DICE say about EOR matchmaking issues. clear your mind of questions.

they are gonna be losing alot of people to it sadly including me. I would have kept playing some if they actually wanted to fix things and really listen to our concerns. I constructively say this as a person of this forums and a player of the game I do not feel like I have a voice here but only to be silenced or ignored from complaining about a game I spend most of my time on daily.
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »

they are gonna be losing alot of people to it sadly including me. I would have kept playing some if they actually wanted to fix things and really listen to our concerns. I constructively say this as a person of this forums and a player of the game I do not feel like I have a voice here but only to be silenced or ignored from complaining about a game I spend most of my time on daily.

Nearly all feedback on this worthless Matchmaking system was negative and they are refusing to turn it off or simply comment when it will end if it will at all.

This is killing the game.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I about to quit this game, I enjoy doing challenges but with this system they take 3x as long to do, earlier I had reach 5 checkpoints, in total 3 games took me 1hr 45 mins, it's not a game any more it's just a time waste looking at menu screens. They can add new hero's and post about future DLC, but to be honest it's pointless in this state.

Only positive if it is a positive the 3 games I played where all on kessel and all in the same side, no stormtroopers today lol
  • EightMile
    1864 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Nearly all feedback on this worthless Matchmaking system was negative and they are refusing to turn it off or simply comment when it will end if it will at all.

that is the problem

negative feedback is bad mkay

I myself will give no more negative feedback

I am only showing my support or non support by playing or not playing

I am not playing anymore

I will not be the problem
    Ace speeder pilot.

This puts the entire issue quite succinctly.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • EightMile wrote: »

that is the problem

negative feedback is bad mkay

I myself will give no more negative feedback

I am only showing my support or non support by playing or not playing

I am not playing anymore

I will not be the problem

Thing is...

I'm not playing, I can't, empty lobbies and being forced to play trash maps like Jakku and Theed over and over again is just a giant turn off. Not playing and giving feedback on the OFFICIAL FORUM are both not bearing anything.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Answer is cause DICE think they know better than us based on some stupid algorithm. Any and all evidence to the contrary is ignored. Perfect example of "Group Think" if ever I've seen it.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • I cant get more than one GA map in the last 4 hrs. Booted every time and every time its an international server. yesterday i was getting 1-2 maps before i got booted. Absolutely horrible. I miss jamming coins in games down the pinny parlor, at least they worked
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • Why no answer from CM or Devs? Are you really going to keep ignoring this by putting your heads in the sand??
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Think it's time we had a response from the devs, can we please have some info either way, it's getting to be so frustrating and when I ask on Twitter I get ignored but all the positive people get replies, I havent been rude in my Twitter post and I'm treated like the enermy
  • Blinker wrote: »
    Think it's time we had a response from the devs, can we please have some info either way, it's getting to be so frustrating and when I ask on Twitter I get ignored but all the positive people get replies, I havent been rude in my Twitter post and I'm treated like the enermy

Exactly this, I am also asking everywhere and on twitter but they continue to ignore us all. Why??!
  • I have never had an issue with it switching my server. Not even once, except for a few months ago when the system was all weird and stuff.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I cant get more than one GA map in the last 4 hrs. Booted every time and every time its an international server. yesterday i was getting 1-2 maps before i got booted. Absolutely horrible. I miss jamming coins in games down the pinny parlor, at least they worked

Yeah, I play Jakku, 1 other map then sent back to Jakku, it is terrible.
    Blinker wrote: »

They've only lied about it on Twitter, we aren't getting any feedback at all when this will end.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png

If you play 2 rounds, it will happen. This is insane.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.

If you play 2 rounds, it will happen. This is insane.

Every 2 rounds regardless of what happens. Could have been the most balanced game ever and you still get shipped somewhere else.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • A balance with no balance at all, as players aren't measured, they're simply randomized. In HvV getting into empty rooms isn't so bad as in bigger modes because they might fill up when others suffer MM too, and we only need 8 players, but getting thrown into other servers is very annoying. I play with 150 ms of ping in Virginia, so a symbol appears in the upper right of the screen. If I'm thrown into europe, or Oregon, a message also appears because my ping there is 190+, and when I'm sent to Brazil no message and no symbol as my ping here is around 10ms.

So I know when I switch servers easily, I just check the lag symbols. And this happens constantly. It was worse in past iterations of MM, but it still happens.
    JediJulius wrote: »
    The thing is, the former lobby system was mediocre. Simply switching sides forever with poor matchmaking led to some pretty poorly balanced match-ups only further hindered by rage quitting and afk people.

The problem is, they took what should have been a relatively simple solution of 'a team shuffle every time the map switches along with some kind of matchmaking criteria' and instead made the most pointlessly complicated 'solution' that only made other problems worse WITHOUT truly fixing the original problem. Who looked at 'team shuffle' and thought 'boot players out of the server to rematchmake with no choice'? Now I even get forced to leave good match-ups and shoved in some empty lobby.

I agree 100% that we should be allowed to stay in a lobby at our choosing. I just had to rant because there are so many flaws in this new system when I would've just been happy with a team shuffle.

And I must totally agree with this. Instead of shuffling players in the same lobby, which was the method they used in the previous SWBF and wouldn't result in empty lobbies, cross server searching, nor extra time lost doing a new search every 1 or 2 matches, they prefer this horrible MM that only makes the game worse. It has done many things to the game, but certainly not bringing balance to teams. And all which it has done is bad.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • A balance with no balance at all, as players aren't measured, they're simply randomized. In HvV getting into empty rooms isn't so bad as in bigger modes because they might fill up when others suffer MM too, and we only need 8 players, but getting thrown into other servers is very annoying. I play with 150 ms of ping in Virginia, so a symbol appears in the upper right of the screen. If I'm thrown into europe, or Oregon, a message also appears because my ping there is 190+, and when I'm sent to Brazil no message and no symbol as my ping here is around 10ms.

So I know when I switch servers easily, I just check the lag symbols. And this happens constantly. It was worse in past iterations of MM, but it still happens.

And I must totally agree with this. Instead of shuffling players in the same lobby, which was the method they used in the previous SWBF and wouldn't result in empty lobbies, cross server searching, nor extra time lost doing a new search every 1 or 2 matches, they prefer this horrible MM that only makes the game worse. It has done many things to the game, but certainly not bringing balance to teams. And all which it has done is bad.

Being thrown into a foreign server has been a big issue brought with this iteration, each iteration of this system it has gotten worse and worse.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png

agreeeeeeee
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • My biggest problem is that after one match, I'm generally put into an empty lobby and I don't feel like waiting 10 minutes to get into another game. I just wish they'd fill servers primarily and then begin new ones. I doubt there's that few of people playing that there needs to be so many empty lobbies.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • My biggest problem is that after one match, I'm generally put into an empty lobby and I don't feel like waiting 10 minutes to get into another game. I just wish they'd fill servers primarily and then begin new ones. I doubt there's that few of people playing that there needs to be so many empty lobbies.

I've even been thrown into a server that was underway after being in another since the beginning. This really needs to be turned off.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png