criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Was Matchmaking Fixed And Then Control Z Got Hit?

Prev1
UnknownGamer
1928 posts Member
edited October 2018
Team shuffle is in! Yay!

Edited thread title. - EA_Cian
34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
Threads Want
I want...
El-16HFE rof buff
Engineer class
OOM-9
Dual pistols
Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
Umbara
Utapau
Heavy/Light vehicle classes
Dwarf spider droid
Homing Spider Droid
Snail Tank
Saber tank
RO Jedha tank
Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
RO season
Post edited by UnknownGamer on

Replies

• Noice
    o69lg48wchoy.gif

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Darth_Vapor3
    2805 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    If this is accurate, then that’s fantastic! Can someone please confirm?(At work).

@Empire_TW... well?
  • If this is accurate, then that’s fantastic! Can someone please confirm?(At work).

@Empire_TW... well?

Saw it in GA the other day, at the end of each map rotation it shuffles the two teams and puts you all in the same lobby.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • I was gonna paraphrase old man Luke, but I couldn't think of a good way to do it, but I was fine with the old system, but I'm glad it's changed now (and I made something that sounds close enough to the quote... Right after I said I couldn't). Plus this new system will greatly improve Extraction.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Yeah, I was top in my team, we won HvV so MM put the no 2 guy on my team and swapped him to be with the top 3 guys of the other team and I got new randoms.. smh
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • What!? I've lost a reason to complain. The entire game is ruined for me now!

J/K. This is great news. :smiley:
  • If this is accurate, then that’s fantastic! Can someone please confirm?(At work).

@Empire_TW... well?

I tried a few matches of Blast, was in the same server with the same people.

Tried GA and had the same thing, though I didn't test it thoroughly because I got trash Theed and got robbed of a win and I got off after that. Will try testing it later tonight.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    If this is accurate, then that’s fantastic! Can someone please confirm?(At work).

@Empire_TW... well?

Tried GA and had the same thing, though I didn't test it thoroughly because I got trash Theed and got robbed of a win and I got off after that. Will try testing it later tonight.

It's great that there is a new and better matchmaking system. I should try this as well. (I haven't played the game in a while except for testing out the previous system.)
    gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.

@Empire_TW... well?

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I’ll be testing this tonight too. I suspect that lobby shuffling might be necessary on a rare occasion , but it sounds like there’s been a major improvement.
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    4444 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »

@Empire_TW... well?

Theed is the best map in the game how dare you
    Post edited by Thechosen1_anakin on

@Empire_TW... well?

There is the best map in the game how,dare you

Ehh, people have opinions. If @Empire_TW doesn't like Theed, that's fine. Me in particular, I despise Starkiller Base. We all have a map that we don't like even if just from time to time.
    Sometimes I love Theed, other times I don't. This actually gives me an Idea for a post...hmm. But when all the maps are tried on, more often than not there's gonna be at least one map that you dislike. It's just a matter of opinion.
    gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.
  • So long as it doesn't scramble premades, it's all good.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • They won’t ever shuffle premades.
  • When was it fixed?9hr9ajpmo40x.jpg
    rj8owl63kkbl.jpg
    ojmyluc1xte1.jpg
    rxd22aj0mcps.jpg
    0tzt2kljzp6t.jpg
    j8lfnk4rpv8d.jpg
    ? I tried to test yesterday and it was a failure. Every new map I was sent to a new lobby with a new team which was not 25% full.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • I hope it is but won’t believe it until a Dev confirms.

In other news.... EA should save a bundle in server costs for this forum as the biggest post generating topic is now done. Maybe they could reinvest that cash into some help for the team working on the game?

No, I didn’t think it would happen.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.

@Empire_TW... well?

Ehh, people have opinions. If @Empire_TW doesn't like Theed, that's fine. Me in particular, I despise Starkiller Base. We all have a map that we don't like even if just from time to time.
    Sometimes I love Theed, other times I don't. This actually gives me an Idea for a post...hmm. But when all the maps are tried on, more often than not there's gonna be at least one map that you dislike. It's just a matter of opinion.

I was just playing bro chill
  • EightMile
    1864 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It is NOT fixed.

I continue to be dumped into empty lobbies with no one from either side from the last round.

You have only 2 options after a round: quit or be "matchmade" into a different team that usually is less than 50% full.
    How is that fixed.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Fake News!
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.

@Empire_TW... well?

Theed is the best map in the game how dare you

It is one of the worst maps
    Empire_TW wrote: »

@Empire_TW... well?

I was just playing bro chill

Good
    lwv9qmfsy05g.png
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • figured i would give it another try and everything is just as it was. off balanced and one sided.

@Empire_TW... well?

Jakku. Who on Earth could possibly like Jakku. And Kashyyyk is cool but only the first 6 billion times I played it.
  • No fixed in SA, two rounds then empty lobby :( every time.

@Empire_TW... well?

Jakku. Who on Earth could possibly like Jakku. And Kashyyyk is cool but only the first 6 billion times I played it.

I actually like Jakku in GA and HvV. Sorry guys, I've disgraced my ancestors.
    My least favorites are Hoth and Crait in GA, the "sniper maps". Mostly because everyone thinks they need to play sniper and not the objective.
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • As about as fixed as all the bugs lol I wasn't expecting it to fix and was right
  • It’s not people are still getting put in empty lobbies and teams just don’t shuffle
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    I find this thread guilty of clickbait, misinformation shouldn't be tolerated.

It happened to me at least. It may be system dependent or something. I was consistently with the same lobby, only teams were shuffled. Everyone called eachother a traitor. Seriosly, though, I apologize if you have not gotten this version of matchmaking, I did not realize it did not occur on all systems or whatever they use to determine what happens.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • @F8RGE is this platform specific or what? Happened on pc to me. Multiple times.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It's either 1 of 3 things.

A ) I'm too good at the game and it can't pair with with equally good players

B ) I'm terrible at the game and it can't find bad players for me

C ) it still don't work

I think it C myself
  • False alarm. MM has not changed.
  • Remove this thread!...it is NOT true
  • Tried playing tonight, for GA it kept everyone but I don't know if we were being forced out of a server, I don't know the map rotation.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • OcDoc
    742 posts Member
    Wasn’t paying attention to the players, but GA was faster and filled much faster after matchmaking tonight.
  • Try playing some of the other modes and you will see how broke it is
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    Wasn’t paying attention to the players, but GA was faster and filled much faster after matchmaking tonight.

Same.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Still not working, 100% still getting empty lobbies after match making
  • Talking about HvV (with only 8 players it should be more noticeable): yesterday, I was put in different servers with different people a few times... So it doesn't always put you with the same people. I also had some matches where I kept playing with the same players, but either it changed servers or it put me on the other side (I had two dark side matches in a row even though I was playing against the same guys).
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Maybe it is mode specific MM? Or how close the game is? I dunno. Maube lobby dependent. @F8RGE
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Played Starfighter HVV and Blast again last night. Was in a few close games and then after two rounds matchmaking automatically kicks in still and I get dumped into an empty server all on my own. Thought I would see how long it takes to fill up as a test. After 15 minutes and not one new person I gave up!. Other times after being dumped to new servers people left and it just takes forever to fill.....Its quicker to quit the game and start from scratch to find another. Whenever that is the case then obviously matchmaking isnt fixed and isnt working. Its great if it works better in GA for some people but this game has multiple modes and if they are gonna adopt a process like this then it needs to work across ALL modes and not just in one.
  • If it's true this is one of the best improvement so far.
  • It is most certainly not fixed, had to play the same maps over and over again and even got thrown into servers that were already going even though I was previously in one since the beginning.

Zero say in staying in a lobby makes this extremely ridiculous.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • Netero wrote: »
    If it's true this is one of the best improvement so far.

Never mind it's garbage as always.
  • I dont. I dont believe it.
  • I can't believe this thread didn't get deleted right away.
    I know no one reads down this far, but team shuffle IS NOT IN!

I honestly have no idea what is going on now, other than the fact that they had it that one day... So evidently the code exists, and it did produce balanced gameplay, so can it be permanent is the question?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Adjusted title, as it seems to have been removed.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season

I honestly have no idea what is going on now, other than the fact that they had it that one day... So evidently the code exists, and it did produce balanced gameplay, so can it be permanent is the question?

My bad man. This EOR MM is making me crazy lol
  • EOR matchmaking fixed? ROFLMAO. It is still the biggest load of Batha Pudu going around.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • TheScape
    1918 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I can't believe this thread didn't get deleted right away.

I actually have the feeling that it was some dumb luck and it is not really coded like that. I think the best explanation is that it tries to keep together players with similar lag and similar EoR scores and then just tries to create balanced teams with that. The result is that sometimes you'll get some sort of team shuffle, and sometimes it will fail miserably.

Talking only about GA and Strike, I will also add that it probably takes into account both defense and offense and some people might be horrible at attacking and great at defending confusing the system even more. It is not the same to be a great "ion launcher"/"objective hacker" than being a great "player killer". Some people only know how to kill, but not how to play the objective. In terms of HvV, I can get large differences of score depending on the hero I pick and my teammates... So again, I feel like any "team shuffling" is just luck.
    May your heart be your guiding key.