criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Voting for events in GA

There is currently some arguing about whether or not the Heroes Unleashed event should be made permanent. I say yes and no. Here's my idea:

At the beginning of each round, each player votes for an event they want the round to have (Heroes unleashed, quick respawn, no event, etc..) This way, it is up to the players to decide. It could also go hand in hand with map voting.

Your thoughts?

Replies

• Wouldn't you rather just pick the mode you want to play from the outset? I understand your thought process and respect it; however, imagine you decided you want to play a round of GA, you pick the mode, then everyone votes for SA. It would be frustrating, and a lot of people would quit. Not enough people to start the map, back to the lobby, rinse/repeat. Having it be its own mode would be better but that would split the player base. Better off as a limited event IMHO. I thoroughly enjoyed it too.
  • CaptainM09 wrote: »
    There is currently some arguing about whether or not the Heroes Unleashed event should be made permanent. I say yes and no. Here's my idea:

At the beginning of each round, each player votes for an event they want the round to have (Heroes unleashed, quick respawn, no event, etc..) This way, it is up to the players to decide. It could also go hand in hand with map voting.

Your thoughts?

No. The vote will be in the menus, when you select whichever mode you want to play.
  • I avoided the Heroes Unleashed for the most part. Didn’t really enjoy it. If I wanted to play it then I would be fine selecting it at the menu screen. No need to join GA and then have a crap shoot for which mode we play.

I can see where you are coming from but no.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.

Your thoughts?

Personally, it would probably be ideal for me. I like GA and liked Heroes Unleashed. Would give me some variety.

Just fear it would lead to a percentage of players quitting as soon as they don't get what they want.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you rather just pick the mode you want to play from the outset? I understand your thought process and respect it; however, imagine you decided you want to play a round of GA, you pick the mode, then everyone votes for SA. It would be frustrating, and a lot of people would quit. Not enough people to start the map, back to the lobby, rinse/repeat. Having it be its own mode would be better but that would split the player base. Better off as a limited event IMHO. I thoroughly enjoyed it too.

• Skowsa wrote: »
    I avoided the Heroes Unleashed for the most part. Didn’t really enjoy it. If I wanted to play it then I would be fine selecting it at the menu screen. No need to join GA and then have a crap shoot for which mode we play.

I can see where you are coming from but no.

^^^^^^ This 100%
  • Or, maybe EA could put out a poll on the forums, Twitter, Reddit, etc. to ask players what event they would like to have next, with a simple majority deciding the next event.

If two or more events are tied for votes, then maybe have the weekend split between the events that tied. One event for the first day and a half, the second event for the next day and a half. Or switch it up so that one of them is on going for the daytime hours while the other is ongoing for the night time hours.

Your thoughts?

There is no way that will work as there are more important things to do. We cant even vote on kicking inactive players.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    I wouldn't want things changing at a round my round basis. What they are doing is great, listening to feedback and bringing back the popular ones for another weekend debut
  • bfloo
    13043 posts Member
    It is hard enough finding a competitive lobby. I don't want to load in, see heroes unleashed get voted in and have to constantly quit.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png