criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Hvv is ruined - hero roll discussion

Can you please restore the roll to how it was at game launch. Ever since you nerfed it then unnerfed it it has been terrible. Literally lightsabers swinging straight through players in between roles. There has to be a compromise between what it is now and the over nerf you did before.

Replies

• HvV will never be the same, ever since patch 1.2 the timing required when attacking another Hero has effectively been extincted, and now it's free reign to just mash-n-bash your opponent into submission.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I hate how they don't tell you when you are about to face a squad with ur group of randoms. I hope rockstar gets the license. Dice did amazing with game mode ideas and graphics but execution and follow up are trash. What good are graphics if the gameplay is whack?
  • Roll is fine,get better bro

Nope. You get better if you sadly need a roll to beat a lightsaber user.
  • adapt and overcome
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Target system is imbalanced by nature
    Maul can run for hours on end losing little health, Boba can stay in the skies
    Lando and Han, well they can't do that
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    adapt and overcome

You're right! The game is perfectly balanced and there are no problems!

Post edited by F03hammer on
  • Dash
    11568 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The only thing ruining HVV is it’s own Target system/Runners abusing it. Other than that, I have no issues within the mode. Just the easily exploitable out of bounds areas & the target system being abused by runners.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I hate how they don't tell you when you are about to face a squad with ur group of randoms. I hope rockstar gets the license. Dice did amazing with game mode ideas and graphics but execution and follow up are trash. What good are graphics if the gameplay is whack?

We saw what Rockstar did, and continues to do with GTA Online. They're sitting down for afternoon tea with EA. I'll be genuinely surprised if RDR2 doesn't come with a jet-powered pegasus cyborghorse with homing missiles and tactical nukes.

So naah, I think I'll pass on Rockstar. You are, however, entirely correct that based on what we've had so far, they really should have it taken from them in 2023 when it expires. Either that, or really, REALLY step up their game. Insulting enough that they've already effectively got away with false advertising not to mention the other lies. (Live service... Please..)

As for the roll..

Yeah, that'll be fine the ping is reduced to 0. Currently, the timing check is far too unforgiving for it. All the "fix" really does is enable lightsabers to swipeswipeswipe with little thought to timing and baiting.
    Mind you, I will accept some personal responsibility in there as well: I do tend to play with my premade for the most part. Those guys are from the states, so dealing with a 130 ping is on me.

It worked just fine before the fix either way. One may have dodged the saber more easily, but the force powers remained. And just like now, you did nothing if you got hit by a freeze, or a choke, as that was arguably just as devastating.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Rockstar's Star Wars Galactic GTA, don't know about that, it doesn't sound like Star Wars game to me.

Roll is fine now after they fixed it, now you can actually hit rollers, before you just watched blaster heroes rolling away and you could do nothing with your saber to stop them damaging and eliminating you if you already used all your abilities when trying to catch them, that was very weird and not fun.
  • I just miss the days when 4 blaster heroes was perfectly viable.

It is not, anymore. Not for LS anyway.

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

How else? Tank the damage?
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Keep your distance. Use your abilities. Timing. Roll ok but if all you can do is just roll around forever that's pretty lame gameplay.

And it's a problem when lightsabers swings don't connect.
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    Rockstar's Star Wars Galactic GTA, don't know about that, it doesn't sound like Star Wars game to me.

Roll is fine now after they fixed it, now you can actually hit rollers, before you just watched blaster heroes rolling away and you could do nothing with your saber to stop them damaging and eliminating you if you already used all your abilities when trying to catch them, that was very weird and not fun.

Actually I'm noticing a ton of lightsabers swings not connecting lately.

Rockstar also did red dead and the game KOTOR kind had open world ish elements and was pretty sweet.
    Learn to roll away and avoid sabers. It was stupid before when you could roll and roll away and saber heroes could not catch you, you want that back? I have no issues with HvV except exploitable map glitches which should be fixed.

When is the last time you played? That's currently how it is.

Equally frustrating when they just endlessly exploit the roll.
    Learn to roll away and avoid sabers. It was stupid before when you could roll and roll away and saber heroes could not catch you, you want that back? I have no issues with HvV except exploitable map glitches which should be fixed.

When is the last time you played? That's currently how it is.

Sound like someone who spam swing. I catch people all the time

Keep your distance. Use your abilities. Timing. Roll ok but if all you can do is just roll around forever that's pretty lame gameplay.

And it's a problem when lightsabers swings don't connect.

Lmao a blaster hero def owned you
    Rockstar's Star Wars Galactic GTA, don't know about that, it doesn't sound like Star Wars game to me.

Rockstar also did red dead and the game KOTOR kind had open world ish elements and was pretty sweet.

To the bolded part... Lag is to blame. I have had that happen to me. Sometimes I even see the roll animation (or the other player ragdolling) and I am getting hit by blaster bolts from the player due to bad sync between the server and the game. The same applies to block animations (or their absence) and hits getting blocked or going through. It also works the other way sometimes, but it isn't less ridiculous.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Can you please restore the roll to how it was at game launch. Ever since you nerfed it then unnerfed it it has been terrible. Literally lightsabers swinging straight through players in between roles. There has to be a compromise between what it is now and the over nerf you did before.

You mean this fair and equitable version of the roll?

ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.

It was even worse before, how long you have been playing this game?
  • Protip: Stop spamming your saber strike. Just walk forward while they roll and then strike them. I find that people that complain about rolling tend to just spam the attack button instead timing it. Without roll, blaster heroes are sitting ducks.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    906 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Can you please restore the roll to how it was at game launch. Ever since you nerfed it then unnerfed it it has been terrible. Literally lightsabers swinging straight through players in between roles. There has to be a compromise between what it is now and the over nerf you did before.

If that video showed us saber attacks against the roll it could be a proof, not the broken Frenzy attack, which was only fixed in 1.2 or later (I don't remember in which update exactly), and has nothing to do with the old dodging system.

The dodging system was better back then, saber attacks required good timing, and no mashing at all or you'd get yourself exposed.

However, a few updates ago they finally removed the infinite dodges BUG, which was probably in effect before patch 1.2, although I don't know if anyone realised this (I certainly didn't know about it back then).

I understand that the previous dodging system paired with infinite dodges was completely unbalanced, however the new system without infinite dodges is also unbalanced, especially for people playing with higher pings. How many times I get my dodging animation cancelled unfairly, because I dodged in time, but because of the high ping, to the server I tried to dodge exactly when I was staggered. My enemy probably saw me static like a noob, while in my game I start to dodge and get cancelled, try again, get cancelled again, and when I finally dodge away I already took 3 or 4 lightsaber hits and I'll die easily. I unfortunately can only find matches on Virginia, with a ping ranging from 135 to 150 depending on the moment.

If we had the old dodging system now without the infinite dodges BUG, the game would become a lot better. Timing your saber attacks well would become necessary, saber mashing would be useless, and it wouldn't be possible to dodge away forever.

The system we have since 1.2 favors people with lower pings.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Protip: Stop spamming your saber strike. Just walk forward while they roll and then strike them. I find that people that complain about rolling tend to just spam the attack button instead timing it. Without roll, blaster heroes are sitting ducks.

This! if you wasn't spamming roll wouldn't be a problem
  • Billkwando wrote: »

If that video showed us saber attacks against the roll it could be a proof, not the broken Frenzy attack, which was only fixed in 1.2 or later (I don't remember in which update exactly), and has nothing to do with the old dodging system.

Roops. My bad, bruh.

I must have mistaken it for a similar video, or am just remembering the wrong thread, lol. :)
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • I think roll is fine. The problem is when you swing a lightsaber at someone standing straight up and no effect. Thats the real problem with hero play rn imo
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    To those defending the pre-nerf roll, i have nothing to say but stop being negligent. It was beyond broken, we need a complete lightsaber overhaul and only then we can start discussing about the efficiency of the roll itself.

"Lag" and latency are the defining aspects of hero combat right now, both the roll and stagger can be too strong.
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • In Bobas defense, not much you can do when you got Luke and Rey on your heels. Only chance you have is to run towards your team. Three light saber strikes and your done.

But I like hero show down a lot more, think it’s more balanced, more counter play options.
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    In Bobas defense, not much you can do when you got Luke and Rey on your heels. Only chance you have is to run towards your team. Three light saber strikes and your done.

But I like hero show down a lot more, think it’s more balanced, more counter play options.

Hum, what? Both Luke and Rey stand no chance against Boba, what exactly are you talking about?
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
    Target system is imbalanced by nature

It was even worse before, how long you have been playing this game?

Almost daily since the beta. Def worse now.
  • Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Protip: Stop spamming your saber strike. Just walk forward while they roll and then strike them. I find that people that complain about rolling tend to just spam the attack button instead timing it. Without roll, blaster heroes are sitting ducks.

Oh you mean let them roll and shoot you? Hmmm...
    I can tell you don't play because they don't roll in a straight line away from you they roll all around you changing directions and with the pov it's impossible to track sometimes.

Oh you mean let them roll and shoot you? Hmmm...
    TheScape wrote: »
    quenaelin wrote: »

To the bolded part... Lag is to blame. I have had that happen to me. Sometimes I even see the roll animation (or the other player ragdolling) and I am getting hit by blaster bolts from the player due to bad sync between the server and the game. The same applies to block animations (or their absence) and hits getting blocked or going through. It also works the other way sometimes, but it isn't less ridiculous.

I don't know I have a direct connection I'm not on wifi. However I have noticed lag in using abilities and even sometimes them not working but showing they did.
  • AVGN wrote: »
    In Bobas defense, not much you can do when you got Luke and Rey on your heels. Only chance you have is to run towards your team. Three light saber strikes and your done.

Hum, what? Both Luke and Rey stand no chance against Boba, what exactly are you talking about?

Every time I play as Boba and am chased by Luke (especially), he'll just use a Force push or something and knock me off my feet or out of the air, so I can't use my jetpack and I get stuck in the lightsaber chain attack, which shreds Boba's health like it's nothing.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »

Roops. My bad, bruh.

I must have mistaken it for a similar video, or am just remembering the wrong thread, lol. :)

I thought I saw both Frenzy and regular swings, also that was a good song you used.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget

Every time I play as Boba and am chased by Luke (especially), he'll just use a Force push or something and knock me off my feet or out of the air, so I can't use my jetpack and I get stuck in the lightsaber chain attack, which shreds Boba's health like it's nothing.

That's probably because you are actually engaging instead of flying off to hide somewhere he can't get.
  • the rolls are in a good place now
  • If we had the old dodging system now without the infinite dodges BUG, the game would become a lot better. Timing your saber attacks well would become necessary, saber mashing would be useless, and it wouldn't be possible to dodge away forever.

The system we have since 1.2 favors people with lower pings.

For once, this. Back then it didn't really matter than maul/yoda couldn't block the Generous eye-frames was a great equalizer and even Han could take on Vader who only mashed RT. Now its slightly better than when they broke it after patch 1.2, but by all acorns it's still broken. The stamina changes were flat out uncalled for and need to be immediately reversed.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif

Someone understands, Only strength Boba has is kiting. He’s a glass cannon, that’s what they do, you run while shooting, if you make a mistake your dead.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    the rolls are in a good place now

Nope

That's probably because you are actually engaging instead of flying off to hide somewhere he can't get.

Probably so. I do tend to fight back. Having 'em on my tail drives me crazy.
    AVGN wrote: »

Someone understands, Only strength Boba has is kiting. He’s a glass cannon, that’s what they do, you run while shooting, if you make a mistake your dead.

Yeah. And if you stop too much to fight, you'll get slaughtered. Excited for his HOK card though. Then you'll be able to build your HP back up.

Yeah. And if you stop too much to fight, you'll get slaughtered. Excited for his HOK card though. Then you'll be able to build your HP back up.

Y'all must not be that good if you think that low of boba in HvV.

Y'all must not be that good if you think that low of boba in HvV.

I play as him as my main villain, and I enjoy playing as him. It's just that most of the time, my team gets killed and it's just me (because I generally fight from farther away), and then I'm rushed and can't really escape. I will admit, I do need to get a better grip on triggering For the Hunt at the right time. I keep forgetting to use that THEN my normal jetpack fuel, instead I use it after, and when it runs out, I have no backup fuel.

The most satisfying thing to do with Boba is to "flamethrower melee" a Yoda trying to "tank" ;)

y6qvidach2x9.png

• KresusFIN wrote: »

The most satisfying thing to do with Boba is to "flamethrower melee" a Yoda trying to "tank" ;)

I love using the flamethrower when I'm in close-quarters fights. As you said, it's satisfying to get a kill with it.