criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Calendar: November

Prev1
F8RGE
308 posts EA Community Manager
edited November 30
Hey Everyone,

We're almost into November so that means we're back within another Community Calendar. November is going to be a great month with lots of stuff happening, headlined by the Battle of Geonosis update on November 28th.

We've got numerous events taking place in-game, let's take a look.

CLONE WARS-ERA PLAYLIST: NOV 1ST - NOV 4TH
To Celebrate General Grievous being unleashed upon the Battlefront, Heroes vs Villains and Hero Showdown Game Modes will feature a special Clone Wars map rotation, for a limited time, matchmaking in Naboo, Kashyyyk and Kamino.

FAST SPAWN EVENT BLAST / STRIKE: NOV 9TH - 11TH
We're adding the squad spawn feature to both Blast and Strike game modes. This will reduce the squad spawn timer to 0 for the duration of this weekend.

HEROES UNLEASHED BATTLE POINT EVENT: NOV 16TH - NOV 18TH
Heroes are being unleashed in Galactic Assault once again. During this weekend event, heroes can be unlocked for 75% off their normal Battle Point cost, with up to 8 per side playing simultaneously.

VEHICLES BATTLE POINT EVENT: NOV 23RD - NOV 25TH
Battle Points required to unlock all vehicles in Galactic Assault are reduced by 75%

GEONOSIS PLAYLIST: NOV 28TH - NOV 29TH
Galactic Assault will feature a a Geonosis only playlist for the first 2 days after release in a proper Battle of Geonosis marathon.

DOUBLE EXP EVENT: NOV 30TH - DEC 2ND
We celebrate the release of Geonosis, Obi-Wan Kenobi and the 212th Attack Battalion by having a Double Experience weekend the weekend after they release.

TALKING POINTS
We've got a few things to talk about this month, with 4 Community Transmissions currently planned.

You can expect us to go into detail on the following:
  • Planet Geonosis
  • Geonosis Vehicles
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi & the 212th Attack Battalion
  • Battle of Geonosis Update

COMMUNITY CALENDAR - NOVEMBER
7s2tk22zklme.png

November is shaping up to be one of our most exciting months yet. We'll be seeing you on the Battlefront, can't miss us - we'll be the ones playing the objective.
Post edited by EA_Patrycja on

Replies

• Wait, so is Obi-Wan not coming in November? He isn't on the November calendar the same way Grievous was, but he's still listed on the road map as being released in November. Is this being pushed back?
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Wait, so is Obi-Wan not coming in November? He isn't on the November calendar the same way Grievous was, but he's still listed on the road map as being released in November. Is this being pushed back?

Yes, he's coming with the Battle of Geonosis update.

Thank you for the response. Good to hear!
  • That’s just amazing!
  • Great work! Thank you all!
  • Any chance future events could also come during the week? Do a 24 hour event on Wednesday?
  • ATTEs! Can't wait!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • This community events just keep getting better and better. Two questions @F8RGE:

1) Will we get a 9v9 Hero Unleashed event when Obi-Wan drops?
    2) This doesn't really have to do with the calendar, but is there a projected date for new skins for already existing heroes and villains in the game, like Maul and Luke?

Thanks for all you do. The communication's been a heckuva lot better since you've taken over! It's great to finally get some awesome news. Thanks again, Ben!
    PSN: DarthTindalus
    I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.
  • SVEJ
    932 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Wait, so is Obi-Wan not coming in November? He isn't on the November calendar the same way Grievous was, but he's still listed on the road map as being released in November. Is this being pushed back?

Where's the Hero/trooper health stacking being changed? you guys mentioned it in the last transmission and just didn't bother with it?
  • Nice.
  • F8RGE
    308 posts EA Community Manager
    SVEJ wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »

Where's the Hero/trooper health stacking being changed? you guys mentioned it in the last transmission and just didn't bother with it?

We fixed that in a hotfix during October, few weeks back.
  • More gimmicks and no actual content.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    This community events just keep getting better and better. Two questions @F8RGE:

1) Will we get a 9v9 Hero Unleashed event when Obi-Wan drops?
    2) This doesn't really have to do with the calendar, but is there a projected date for new skins for already existing heroes and villains in the game, like Maul and Luke?

Thanks for all you do. The communication's been a heckuva lot better since you've taken over! It's great to finally get some awesome news. Thanks again, Ben!

We'll see on 9v9, 'maybe' is the answer right now.

Nothing on new appearances yet, but we know they remain something people want.

All right, thanks for the responses!
    PSN: DarthTindalus
    I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.
  • RC2074
    92 posts Member
    edited October 30
    @F8RGE

All this is great.. but are we not forgetting the improvement regarding Clone Troopers you EA/DICE promised? I am thinking about 327th and 91st?? You made a promised to correct them in December. Now it seems that you suddenly have a memory loss.. Guess the community must to have it because no one here seem make a note of it .. well except me.. Do not break that promise EA/DICE..
  • again you hinted numerous times coming in october grevious, november obi-wann, but you put them within 2 or 3 days of the end of the month which is pathetic
  • IronSoldier
    2142 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Hi all,

Had to remove some posts for being drastically off topic and otherwise rule breaking. Can we try to keep replies event feedback/response based :)
  • Good call on having a Geonosis only event to coincide with the release of that map! That is the only map I'm going to want to play when it first comes out!

As always, I appreciate the ongoing efforts of the developers on this game!

THANK YOU!
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Good call on having a Geonosis only event to coincide with the release of that map! That is the only map I'm going to want to play when it first comes out!

As always, I appreciate the ongoing efforts of the developers on this game!

THANK YOU!

+1, nice job devs.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Massive thank you for this information, seeing there’s a plan in place makes all the difference.

Thanks Again.
  • Just wondering if arcade will get the map also. I think you guys said "every map released will get a Arcade map too". But it would be nice if you guys there would say so on your road map.

Also any fix coming to Arcade Jabba palace? Or are you guys still working with it?

Hope old Ben will be a hero with a light saber that can rival dark side saber users.
  • Can't wait for Geonosis! So hyped for the biggest map ever.
    Hey @F8RGE, could y'all make the map completely open on the first day of the maps release? So that we can get a chance to explore it. I also want to know if it will be added to Arcade as soon as it comes out.

Like, How big are we talking?
  • Can you fix the loading issue with Strike before the weekend event please, if there is any difference in faction player numbers the game is waiting for players and will not start. Thanks.

FAST SPAWN EVENT BLAST / STRIKE: NOV 9TH - 11TH
    We're adding the squad spawn feature to both Blast and Strike game modes. This will reduce the squad spawn timer to 0 for the duration of this weekend.
  • Now, this is the kind of detailed, advanced notice-type stuff that I appreciate! Thank you. Now, if I only I had seen this before this previous weekend, then I wouldn't have been playing HvV going "where are the rest of the stages?!! Why am I seeing the same 3?!!" Then getting on here and seeing the other post about the weekend rotation, then ripping into y'all for the change and not knowing what's going on unless I get on this forum, which I try to avoid. At least seeing this message now, I can know what's going on for the rest of the month. This helps avoid any unpleasant surprises, or anticipate cool, limited modes. I'm looking forward to checking out the Heroes Unleashed weekend. It is a smart move to start a new character release with a double XP weekend, because it's hard enough to get the chance to play as that new character, because everyone is try to, so progression will take longer.
  • Ja4470
    3 posts Member
    edited November 5
    When in Strike the counter in match making needs to be fixed. It quits counting down when a player is added even when there are enough to start the match.
  • KarlosBandidos
    28 posts Member
    edited November 6
    Thanks @F8RGE
    Do we have any date for the upcoming community transmissions?
    looking forward to finding out more about Obi Wan

Great work on Grievous by the way. Loved knocking heroes off the edge of the ledges on Kamino map with his crawl function this weekend.
  • Another great thing about Obi Wan coming out... No more being that only blaster hero on HvV any more! o:)
  • I'm very excited for Obi-Wan and Geonosis, I would really like to see Ahsoka and Ventress added to the game along with new reinforcements for all factions Droidakas,Arc troopers,Shock Troopers etc. New skins and emotes for them would be deeply appreciated. I truly love this game and appreciate what you all have created. Can't wait to see what else you all have planned for the rest of 2019
  • Is the Geonosis only playlist a separate thing from a normal GA playlist or will we only be able to play Geonosis for 5 days?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Is the Geonosis only playlist a separate thing from a normal GA playlist or will we only be able to play Geonosis for 5 days?

It's my understanding that GA will consist only of Geonosis for five days straight. I understand why they're doing it but it's going to get repetitive. Hopefully it's worth it!
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Is the Geonosis only playlist a separate thing from a normal GA playlist or will we only be able to play Geonosis for 5 days?

It's my understanding that GA will consist only of Geonosis for five days straight. I understand why they're doing it but it's going to get repetitive. Hopefully it's worth it!

Yea I understand a playlist so people
    can play it but that might get dull fast. I know my mood for Kashyyk died in the beginning of the game playing it over and over. Hopefully I’m wrong though
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • When is EoR MM being turned off?

Is GA gonna be restricted to 1 map only?
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• And where is the fix to turn off EORMM ? You guys are piece of work... You give us this wonderfull heroes unleashed - had literally tons of fun then, but you keep the one thing which **** lots of community off, including me ( yeah i know you do not care). I have so many words i want to use right now, and probable each would get me banned !
  • Looks like it will be sniper haven, atleast hopefully officers wont be too effective
  • "I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!"
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    When is EoR MM being turned off?

Is GA gonna be restricted to 1 map only?

I can’t believe the second question isn’t gaining more traction. People are going to lose it if GA is limited to 1 map for 5 days
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • what happen to the droid speeders STAPs, STABS ..??
    What happen to your promise of fixing the clones so that 327th look correct??
  • MBSONIC
    307 posts Member
    edited November 10
    Ok.....so is this map going to be good? I know it’s a matter of opinion, but I’ve suffered so many disappointments I just need some reassurance on this. How long has this map been worked on? What have you done with this map and the vehicles that you didn’t with Greivous? You gotta understand that if Grievous was worked on for over a year and he had many bugs than I would wonder about the quality of this new update with Obi-Wan and Geonosis. No disrespect.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • Scratchy00001
    63 posts Member
    edited November 10
    If you insist on having the respawn on location feature, at least give me the means to disable it in the options menu. There's been too many times where I'm lining up a shot only to have another teammate respawn on my location and blocking my line of site.

With every modification - addition that EA does to this game, they are just driving it further into the gutter.
  • Sooo Geonosis only for 5 days on GA or will it be a separate playlist?
  • MBSONIC
    307 posts Member
    edited November 10
    If you insist on having the respawn on location feature, at least give me the means to disable it in the options menu. There's been too many times where I'm lining up a shot only to have another teammate respawn on my location and blocking my line of site.

With every modification - addition that EA does to this game, they are just driving it further into the gutter.

You mean Dice?
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • I dont know meng. So basically once Geonosis drops its 5 days straight of nothing but that mode in GA. Maybe if its fun it could be useful but odds are ther will be bugs and lag, thus magnifying the issues even more. I may jump in at some point this month but right now still focused on other games, like Red Dead Redemption 2 which right now is cosuming all my video game time. ill watch the forums for reason to come back in.
  • @F8RGE Hi thanks for the updates and the progression on the game! I just was wondering when we get Obi wan is he only gonna have 750 HP and how much damage will hits attacks do? As of right now a lot of the darkside has strong characters such as Vader and grievous and the light side could use a strong hero. Also Grievous hp is 800 so can we expect the same for obi-wan ? Thank you for the hard work on the game so far ! Great game !:)