criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

"Capture the Command Post" teased!?

CorpseMaker77
518 posts Member
edited October 2018
What a pleasant W.I.P. image posted by Dennis over Twitter:

szx2vyb90ta5.jpg

gwoh0l5mrgug.png

Feeling very nostalgic right now. Thank you Dice/EA.

Replies

• Cannot wait for this!!
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• This reminds me of those command posts.
  • This image has made me even more excited for this new game mode...and even more sad when I realize we won't get it until February.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • rollind24
    5333 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ok so I didn’t play the original Battlefronts. Can anyone enlighten me? Forgive my noob question.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Ok so I didn’t play the original Battlefronts. Can anyone enlighten me?

The original Battlefront games had a Conquest game mode as the main, primary core of the game's multiplayer and offline gameplay. The objective was to capture all of the command posts (there were 6) or to eliminate all of your enemy's forces. In both games, the command posts looked like this, with a panel housing a differently colored emblem for the faction that held it. In the first game, your team's posts had green lights, while the enemy's were red. In Battlefront II, the red colors stayed for the enemy, while your team had blue lights (which we can see will transition into the new game). Hope this helps!

The original Battlefront games had a Conquest game mode as the main, primary core of the game's multiplayer and offline gameplay. The objective was to capture all of the command posts (there were 6) or to eliminate all of your enemy's forces. In both games, the command posts looked like this, with a panel housing a differently colored emblem for the faction that held it. In the first game, your team's posts had green lights, while the enemy's were red. In Battlefront II, the red colors stayed for the enemy, while your team had blue lights (which we can see will transition into the new game). Hope this helps!

Got it, thanks!
    #infantrylivesmatter
    rollind24 wrote: »

Got it, thanks!

Don't mention it!
  • F03hammer wrote: »

I read something about transforming robots...
    That is one of my most favorite things, and I really want to know what that means for this game!
    "This is where the fun begins."

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    F03hammer wrote: »

That is one of my most favorite things, and I really want to know what that means for this game!

If we do get dual wielding heroes AND droidekas, I think I'll die from a joyous overload. Here's hoping to a massive revival throughout the rest of the year and 2019. The dual wielding makes me hope for Jango, Cad Bane, and Captain Rex.

If we do get dual wielding heroes AND droidekas, I think I'll die from a joyous overload. Here's hoping to a massive revival throughout the rest of the year and 2019. The dual wielding makes me hope for Jango, Cad Bane, and Captain Rex.

I wasn't thinking of Droidekas, although it's pretty obvious in hindsight, though that would be fun. Barreling through enemies, then unfolding into robot mode to bring the rain.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Does this mean we could also get Galactic Conquest?
  • i just hope this mode will finally be playable offline too.
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

I wasn't thinking of Droidekas, although it's pretty obvious in hindsight, though that would be fun. Barreling through enemies, then unfolding into robot mode to bring the rain.

Yeah, I didn't think of droidekas at first either. I thought of Transformers, to be honest. LOL