criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Please give us matchmaking. Please remove matchmaking.

You guys crack me up.

Replies

• avmav wrote: »
    Everyone assumed it would be an end of round shuffle, but what they did was the equivalent of just quitting a game and starting a search again. Think you'll find your laughter a little misguided

I was shouted down many times here asking for that. Everyone thought we’d get a magical system where everyone was matched up evenly, “matchmaking, not shuffle!”. Little did I know they’d mess it up this bad.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Just copy and paste the system they had going in BF2015, them trying to make it "better" have just made a monster that's killing an already dying game.This will totally taint the Grievous update.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    It's impossible to truly matchmake even teams anyway, a high rank doesn't always mean you're good....just could mean you've played the game loads, and a low rank won't mean you're bad either, and having a good match won't mean you're good the next.
    It's pretty futile and I'd prefer they didn't try, for as many steamroll games Ive played I also played balanced ones. The best thing to do Imo is just a team shuffle at the end of matches if enough vote for it
  • rollind24
    5372 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    avmav wrote: »
    It's impossible to truly matchmake even teams anyway, a high rank doesn't always mean you're good....just could mean you've played the game loads, and a low rank won't mean you're bad either, and having a good match won't mean you're good the next.
    It's pretty futile and I'd prefer they didn't try, for as many steamroll games Ive played I also played balanced ones. The best thing to do Imo is just a team shuffle at the end of matches if enough vote for it

It’s why I’ve wanted to know the criteria they draw from. Say someone gets a hero and tears up the match with a great streak. Next match they’re on the opposite side (light/dark) and can’t get that hero/villain but EOR matchmaking ranked them way up based on a good streak and they’re just middling the next round. There are too many variables in this game to account for.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • This game sucks. Two hours trying to get one decent balanced game in HVV. These night maps suck. The fact you get stuck on pipes and in trees is a joke. Ewww the graphic are great. Who cares if you the mechanics suck.
    Disney strip EA of the license asap.
    Does anyone think grevious coming is going to not be a huge fail.

So sick of how this game mode has devolved into runners and hiders. Encouraged by dice not identifying squads and maps like mos Eisley that are meant for that crap.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    avmav wrote: »
    Everyone assumed it would be an end of round shuffle, but what they did was the equivalent of just quitting a game and starting a search again. Think you'll find your laughter a little misguided

I was shouted down many times here asking for that. Everyone thought we’d get a magical system where everyone was matched up evenly, “matchmaking, not shuffle!”. Little did I know they’d mess it up this bad.

Count on dice to take a simple thing and make it a distaster for the game. No wonder it takes them so long to do things like porting a map.
  • anyone know if any of the current devs worked on the last game? I kinda want to know what their backgrounds are from making games. ive known kids/adults with half the knowledge making content for older games that required model making and animating. one guy I know now works for pixar.
  • tbh i've never complained once about the previous system, i didn't mind steamrolling or being steamrolled..if im on a team that is being steamrolled, then im probably part of the problem and its an added incentive to improve, try even harder next round or change tactics, style of play, etc. The tides do somehow turn eventually, just like statistics in a game of chance.

what frustrates me about the current EOR MM is that it has the tendency to kick you out into empty servers from a full lobby and then you end up wasting time searching for a new game, eventually if you find do one again, chances are you'll end up playing the same repeated maps and if not, you will probably end up joining a game that is halfway 'in progress' which could finish anytime soon and then it ends thus this cycle repeats itself. It can be really annoying and time wasting if you are unlucky