criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

18911131429

Replies

  • EightMile wrote: »
    Is the point of the megathread to consolidate every negative EoR MM thread so the forum looks like everyone is happy playing the game?

    well there always is a remote chance that the mods are doing this to take it to devs, to show them just how much we are against the EOR MM solution in place, and to do it in one place... or what you said.
  • EoR matchmaking is trash. I'm still getting put in empty lobbies, playing the same maps over and over, and playing the same side. Why does DICE insist on reinventing the wheel, and messing it up completely? The solution to empty lobbies and finding a game is implementing custom servers and a server browser. Jesus christ. Whoever is in charge of the project over there is severely overpaid.
  • Agree - it's horrible
  • fancyladypants
    257 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I don't just get put into empty lobbies I get put into different game modes-where the lobby is empty. But they don't care. They'll tell you they want your feedback but then they don't listen. They don't listen here at all. Reddit and Twitter get better responses. This is a beta test for BFV now. I am a completely dissatisfied customer but they couldn't care less about that. When you read "Focused Feedback" in the thread title you should ignore it, you're feedback will be officially ignored.


    Punch It!
  • i like it.
  • now matters are worse.
  • I think I speak for most people when I say get rid of it. We're all having the same issues playing 2 sides back to back, getting kicked from games you name it. It's garbage

    Frankly, I think it's made things a lot more competitive
  • I suppose experiences are varied. My only issue with it is that my buddy and I find ourselves no longer in the same squad about once every 3 matches. Considering that I've played the game without Squad Spawn for so long, it's more of a nitpick for me than an actual issue.

    I hope those that get put in empty lobbies with regularity get some relief in the near future.
  • one question on this. is eor matchmaking real matchmaking or just a test to get matchmaking data while the real fix is coming later?
  • Eshtazaki
    180 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    stevenomes wrote: »
    one question on this. is eor matchmaking real matchmaking or just a test to get matchmaking data while the real fix is coming later?

    Like they just rolled out what they have, to see what is the biggest outcry, and fix that sometime in the future ?
    hmmm idea of evil genius, but on the question they even listed all the things that bug most of us
    What is it you exactly experienced? (Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.)

    just keeps fingers crossed that they will fix that, if you ask me, i would (at this stage) accept (if fixed !) possibly the broken map rotation thing, and having GG as a new hero would probably risk installing back SWBF2 to give it a spin
  • Liz4rD
    1168 posts Member
    Your username.

    Liz4rD77

    On which platform do you play?

    PC

    In what region are you located?

    Europe. UTC + 1

    What is it you exactly experienced?

    Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation (las night was the first time I experienced that issue on HvV), difficult matchmaking in a group, forced to leave a full and balanced server to join an empty or almost empty lobby that does not fill up (and must quit several minutes later), my friends party is not able to join the same squad in a team, just sometimes in all the mapcycle; often splitted in two squads most of the time.

    What time did it happen?

    Every time I play at any hour, any day. I join a match and after 2 or 3 rounds Im sent to an empty or almost empty lobby,, the lobby does not fill to requested min players to start the match and Im forced to leave the lobby and start a new search, so again I repeat the same map cycle and MM ends on sending me again to a empty or almost empty lobby 2 or three matches later. AWFUL.

    What game mode were you playing?

    Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, Heroes versus Villains, Strike, Blast, Hero Starfighter almost every mode because I play all modes.

    What ping site you were connected to?

    German ping site


    (Optional)

    The game play, when playing on full servers, was really good these last days, and specially yesterday after the uodate, more balanced matches, more fight, more teamplay, more heroes, more matches ending in an epic confrontation in last phase. All of this would be extremely satisfying if we were not sent to empty lobbies, or forced to leave full servers with balanced teams.
  • I'm still new to this EOR matchmaking thing as I dont have too many empty lobbies so far. does it only happen when you hit the button? I'm scared to touch that button
  • Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    First up, nobody is ignoring anyone. Also worth noting that this thread came about over the weekend, so it's plausible to understand that a response may not be immediate.

    EOR Matchmaking has given us some great data. We can see, when looking at things through a global lens that the time it takes to find a game has been reduced quite a bit. In some cases we've seen it reduced by over 50%

    We can also see that games are also fuller now.

    Both of these are goals we wanted to achieve, and in that respect the EOR MM is working very well.

    Now, because you are experiencing issues does not mean that everyone else playing is also experiencing it. If you've had problems I would ask that you detail them to us.

    Find yourself being put into empty lobbies or anything else that shouldn't be occurring? Give us a time stamp (including time zone), the ping site you're connected to and your gamer tag.

    This makes me sick, 70% of the forum is moaning about the same issue with EOR matchmaking but you say its okay. So that is a massive middle finger to us eh? I really hope this IP is given to such a more deserving studio who actually care.

    70%? More like 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%
  • The biggest EOR Matchmaking issue I have encountered is:
    The fact that it's in the game
  • Draco_RSA
    516 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    stevenomes wrote: »
    I'm still new to this EOR matchmaking thing as I dont have too many empty lobbies so far. does it only happen when you hit the button? I'm scared to touch that button

    It happens even if you don't press it. The button really has no function other starting match making 10 seconds earlier.
  • Boa tarde,
    EORMM, não está funcionando bem, todo final de partida, somos trocados de servidor. Quando você cria um grupo com os amigos e entra numa partida, a ideia é jogar com eles no mesmo Squad, porém isso não acontece, jogamos uma partida junto e depois alterna.
    Fora que os mapas estão sendo sempre os mesmos co pouca rotação, e também jogamos por muitas vezes do mesmo lado.
    Para finalizar, após a atualização do Grevius, a tela do HvV, esta quebrado no PS4.

    ID: Afasia__
    Plataforma: PS4 Pro
    Region: Brasil
    Modo: Ataque Galáctico e Heróis vs Vilões.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on an this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    i brought the game fair, but i uninstalled it from my PC after over 1 week with this EOR MM. as i do not want to waste time in lobbies, and getting steamrolled which was the case for me and from what i see for majority of forum.

    Most of the ppl will not come here to give feedback, they will just stop playing the game, or play less, or play more arcade.
    i do wonder how the number of players have changed.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    I'm still new to this EOR matchmaking thing as I dont have too many empty lobbies so far. does it only happen when you hit the button? I'm scared to touch that button

    I'm guessing hitting the button is less likely to have empty lobbies as I think it places you in matchmaking sooner and gives you less time to look at post-game page. As a game just ended, there are usually a lot of people that can be placed in a match. If you don't hit button, there is a chance everyone else from your previous match gets placed in a different server and you lose the game of magical chairs.

    Caveat: I could be wrong, but I hit the button and don't have many problems outside of map rotation and occasionally getting my party split up into different squads.
  • Hello everyone!

    This Megathread created to collect all your feedback regarding the EOR MM system in Star Wars Battlefront II. Please post constructive feedback and answer the following questions:
    1. Your username.
    2. On which platform do you play?
    3. In what region are you located?
    4. What is it you exactly experienced? (Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.)
    5. What time did it happen? (Please, be as accurate as possible! We're looking for a day + hour, so we'll be able to perform a thorough investigation.)
    6. What game mode were you playing?
    7. What ping site you were connected to?
    8. (Optional) Any additional feedback?


    You are also welcome to post your feedback at EA Answers HQ forums: Issues with the EOR matchmaking system - examples

    Note: All EOR MM threads will be merged into this Megathread.

    1. Same as my forum name
    2. Ps4
    3. Europe
    4. Empty or near empty lobbies after each map. Lag. Lack of rotation due to having to quit the rotation because of being in an empty lobby.
    5. Every time I've played, so usually mornings and late at night, although occasionally in the afternoon. Basically always.
    6. Galactic assault
    7. Normally UK, sometimes Germany. I live in Spain
    8. I've never really experienced many issues with matchmaking. If it was an uneven game this never really lasted longer than a couple in a row with old system. On the rare occasions this happened I just quit and rejoined. Now I'm having to quit and rejoin almost every other game. I was under the impression matchmaking would be optional. Please make this so, getting booted out of a balanced game is annoying. How can you get revenge on the team who just beat you?
  • Liz4rD
    1168 posts Member
    Ok, We need to distinguish between EOR MM System and GAMEPLAY.
    I think that about the gameplay thing, the game is now more balanced due to the mechanics (cheaper heroes, squad system, respawn system -heroes cant respawn with the rest, the rest can respawn on everyone-, ion turrets just for vehicles, ww nerfed and fixed, heroes health cards, adjusted respawn points, and others); so, when a server is full and ppl are playing, the game experience is, IMHO, better than ever. And I like to say this, my last matches were, too, the best matches Ive played since game hit the shelves.
    BUT...
    EOR MM System is a different thing. Its the thing that happens when THE ROUND ENDS.
    These days, because of many players for Grievous update, the servers where, one way or the other, full, and when EOR MM did its job, landing in an empty or almost empty server was not a problem, because the server filled up quickly.
    The problem appears when there is not enough ppl demanding for a new search or joining the game, so when EOR MM sends you to a new lobby, It does not fill up quickly enough, or just does not fill up.
    Yesterday night I was able to play an entire 'halloween event' mapcycle because the servers were almost instantly filled up, but late at night when the number of players decrease, I again was in a lobby (after being FORCED to leave a full server with balanced teams and a couple of great matches) that was almost empty and did not fill up.


    Generally speaking, gameplay is more balanced, fun and better than ever; EOR MM System is just awful, to a point that the game will be fine if EOR MM is turned off because as I said, I think the mechanics are the responsible for more balanced and fun games.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Do you like it though lol
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Ok, We need to distinguish between EOR MM System and GAMEPLAY.
    I think that about the gameplay thing, the game is now more balanced due to the mechanics (cheaper heroes, squad system, respawn system -heroes cant respawn with the rest, the rest can respawn on everyone-, ion turrets just for vehicles, ww nerfed and fixed, heroes health cards, adjusted respawn points, and others); so, when a server is full and ppl are playing, the game experience is, IMHO, better than ever. And I like to say this, my last matches were, too, the best matches Ive played since game hit the shelves.
    BUT...
    EOR MM System is a different thing. Its the thing that happens when THE ROUND ENDS.
    These days, because of many players for Grievous update, the servers where, one way or the other, full, and when EOR MM did its job, landing in an empty or almost empty server was not a problem, because the server filled up quickly.
    The problem appears when there is not enough ppl demanding for a new search or joining the game, so when EOR MM sends you to a new lobby, It does not fill up quickly enough, or just does not fill up.
    Yesterday night I was able to play an entire 'halloween event' mapcycle because the servers were almost instantly filled up, but late at night when the number of players decrease, I again was in a lobby (after being FORCED to leave a full server with balanced teams and a couple of great matches) that was almost empty and did not fill up.


    Generally speaking, gameplay is more balanced, fun and better than ever; EOR MM System is just awful, to a point that the game will be fine if EOR MM is turned off because as I said, I think the mechanics are the responsible for more balanced and fun games.

    Gameplay - i do understand that you have been more lucky, i was constantly put in a steamroll games, and when i found a balanced one - EOR MM and bye bye - maybe 3-5 good rounds for 2 hour of frustration is not good. not at all.

    EOR MM system - i would not give a rat's abdomen if it would be optional, but it forces me to new lobby. What you say now is probably true to GG introduction, more players = less waiting for a match, but after few weeks all will be back to longer wait times.
  • Liz4rD
    1168 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ive posted this on another thread:

    "Ok, We need to distinguish between EOR MM System and GAMEPLAY.
    I think that about the gameplay thing, the game is now more balanced due to the mechanics (cheaper heroes, squad system, respawn system -heroes cant respawn with the rest, the rest can respawn on everyone-, ion turrets just for vehicles, ww nerfed and fixed, heroes health cards, adjusted respawn points, and others); so, when a server is full and ppl are playing, the game experience is, IMHO, better than ever. And I like to say this, my last matches were, too, the best matches Ive played since game hit the shelves.
    BUT...
    EOR MM System is a different thing. Its the thing that happens when THE ROUND ENDS.
    These days, because of many players for Grievous update, the servers where, one way or the other, full, and when EOR MM did its job, landing in an empty or almost empty server was not a problem, because the server filled up quickly.
    The problem appears when there is not enough ppl demanding for a new search or joining the game, so when EOR MM sends you to a new lobby, It does not fill up quickly enough, or just does not fill up.
    Yesterday night I was able to play an entire 'halloween event' mapcycle because the servers were almost instantly filled up, but late at night when the number of players decrease, I again was in a lobby (after being FORCED to leave a full server with balanced teams and a couple of great matches) that was almost empty and did not fill up.
    Generally speaking, gameplay is more balanced, fun and better than ever; EOR MM System is just awful, to a point that the game will be fine if EOR MM is turned off because as I said, I think the mechanics are the responsible for more balanced and fun games."
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Do you like it though lol

    I personally don't think it works well. I advocated in the past for a matchmaking system based on an ELO style individual rating... DICE went in a different direction.
  • I am getting in games quick and playing both sides; I haven’t been kicked to an empty lobby. That’s nice but... I haven’t seen Crait or Jakku in ages. I was on Hoth once. I completely forgot that Kamino existed.

    For me, the content of the game has been dramatically reduced. It sucks and it’s gettting more than tiresome. They are adding Genosha soon. Cool. Will I ever see it??

    Yep I’m one dude and this is anecdotal, but it’s still honest feedback from a viable sample of the player base. People should keep voicing their opinion.
  • blothgar wrote: »
    I am getting in games quick and playing both sides; I haven’t been kicked to an empty lobby. That’s nice but... I haven’t seen Crait or Jakku in ages. I was on Hoth once. I completely forgot that Kamino existed.

    For me, the content of the game has been dramatically reduced. It sucks and it’s gettting more than tiresome. They are adding Genosha soon. Cool. Will I ever see it??

    Yep I’m one dude and this is anecdotal, but it’s still honest feedback from a viable sample of the player base. People should keep voicing their opinion.

    You will see it ! they will make it that you will play only that map !

    It was the same case with Crait, once it got in SWBF2 we were almost constantly thrown into Crait... like all the time... i did a 2 weeks off of SWBF2...
  • Cool. Now you only have one thread to ignore.
  • I get put from Galactic Assault then "Matchmaking" kicks in and I get put into Heroes vs. Villains game mode. The lobby is also empty. It's terrible. I don't want EOR Matchmaking in this form or in any of the previous 7 forms that have been attempted. It's added new bugs to the system which is already full of bugs. It's terrible and I am an unhappy and unwilling participant.

    This feedback will be ignored like most other "feedback threads". Feedback Thread to me means it will be ignored.

    Punch It!
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3564 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.

    I have suggested multiple times, and I know for a fact it was forwarded to the team, that they should implement in-game polling. When you boot up the game at the main menu say once a month or whatever they would have a simple poll you would answer before playing... say "Do you find the new matchmaking to improve your gameplay? (yes/no)". This is the only way they can accurately assess how the community of players actually playing the game feels about things... it would not be difficult for them to do this, and it blows my mind that they have yet to do this.

    Also you can't presume that because they aren't on the forums it means they don't want to give feedback... many players of games, particularly console type games which have historically been seen as more casual, are not even aware that things like gaming forums exist... much less that that would be the correct avenue to provide feedback.
  • that would be their so called "data" and actual feed back from us doesnt matter.
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3564 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.

    I have suggested multiple times, and I know for a fact it was forwarded to the team, that they should implement in-game polling. When you boot up the game at the main menu say once a month or whatever they would have a simple poll you would answer before playing... say "Do you find the new matchmaking to improve your gameplay? (yes/no)". This is the only way they can accurately assess how the community of players actually playing the game feels about things... it would not be difficult for them to do this, and it blows my mind that they have yet to do this.

    Also you can't presume that because they aren't on the forums it doesn't mean they don't want to give feedback... many players of games, particularly console type games which have historically been seen as more casual, are not even aware that things like gaming forums exist... much less that that would be the correct avenue to provide feedback.

    1. I do like your idea of in game polling
    2. I feel like if they were a hardcore fan they would know about the forums.

    Edit: Actually I don't know about the polling. Now that I really think about it that is everyone who plays the game, some of whom probably don't know what EOR matchmaking is. The forums are the dedicated players, I feel like our voices should be valued above the casuals.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.

    I have suggested multiple times, and I know for a fact it was forwarded to the team, that they should implement in-game polling. When you boot up the game at the main menu say once a month or whatever they would have a simple poll you would answer before playing... say "Do you find the new matchmaking to improve your gameplay? (yes/no)". This is the only way they can accurately assess how the community of players actually playing the game feels about things... it would not be difficult for them to do this, and it blows my mind that they have yet to do this.

    Also you can't presume that because they aren't on the forums it doesn't mean they don't want to give feedback... many players of games, particularly console type games which have historically been seen as more casual, are not even aware that things like gaming forums exist... much less that that would be the correct avenue to provide feedback.

    1. I do like your idea of in game polling
    2. I feel like if they were a hardcore fan they would know about the forums.

    Right... but it is not just the feedback of the hardcore fans they are interested in... I would assume the vast majority of players of any game are not hardcore fans but rather casual fans or just gamers of opportunity who got the game on sale or as a gift or whatever. These forums are probably more representative of the hardcore fans, which is itself likely an outlier to the general population, just as this forum is.
  • DigitalLime
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    And at least a couple hundred thousand copies sold back and many more not being used because of how they handled this game.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.

    I have suggested multiple times, and I know for a fact it was forwarded to the team, that they should implement in-game polling. When you boot up the game at the main menu say once a month or whatever they would have a simple poll you would answer before playing... say "Do you find the new matchmaking to improve your gameplay? (yes/no)". This is the only way they can accurately assess how the community of players actually playing the game feels about things... it would not be difficult for them to do this, and it blows my mind that they have yet to do this.

    Also you can't presume that because they aren't on the forums it doesn't mean they don't want to give feedback... many players of games, particularly console type games which have historically been seen as more casual, are not even aware that things like gaming forums exist... much less that that would be the correct avenue to provide feedback.

    1. I do like your idea of in game polling
    2. I feel like if they were a hardcore fan they would know about the forums.

    Right... but it is not just the feedback of the hardcore fans they are interested in... I would assume the vast majority of players of any game are not hardcore fans but rather casual fans or just gamers of opportunity who got the game on sale or as a gift or whatever. These forums are probably more representative of the hardcore fans, which is itself likely an outlier to the general population, just as this forum is.

    But GA could be suddenly only populated with ewoks and the casuals wouldn't notice. The casuals don't really care about things like matchmaking IMO.
  • (Take two, IPad crashed) I don't remember the exact details, but I'll try my best.
    1. Username: UnwaryCoin9457
    2. System: Xbox One S
    3. Region: U.S.
    4. Experience: a few low populated lobbies (perhaps less frequently than before), one matchmake into an empty server, two repeat maps, and one few minute wait time.
    5. I forgot the exact times, but one repeat was during the night event 2(?) days ago, at night (fitting, no). {also I've had some steamrolls, been steamrolled, and balanced matches, but I'm not sure if it's more, less, or just as frequently as before, so I almost forgot to mention it}
    6. Modes: low population lobbies; Ewok Hunt and Hero Starfighters and maybe HvV, empty server; Hero Starfighters, repeat maps; Extraction (Kessel to Kessel) and Galactic Assault (Tatooine to Tatooine, night event), few minute wait time; Blast (during one of the tests).
    7. Ping Site: Virginia or Default (maybe Oregon at some point)
    8. Additional Feedback: I'd say either activate the ability to press the button (and maybe add a clause type thing where it checks which maps you played in the cycle), go back to the old system, or change it to team shuffle (maps still rotate in a sequence, but maybe have it randomized per server, that way today's map rotation could be different from tomorrow's).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Not a fan. Every game is either a steamroll or complete disaster. Where's the clutch finishes?
  • MOSSAD_RECRUITER
    171 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The new matchmaking system is not working at all.

    Only five maps. Really?

    This is really terrible. What about: Start listening to what players WANT?
Sign In or Register to comment.