criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

1171820222329

Replies

  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    keep friends playing in a squad together - was that not one of the features of the squad system?

    This is something we're investigating, as well as joining a game with a group and it not placing you together in a squad.

    Thank you for that answer, now keep it up. Communication like this makes a world of difference to us. What about the MM button? can they look into changing it's function or would it be too complicated?
  • Eshtazaki
    180 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Ok so that means SWBF 2 is dead for me, as you are pushing it down our throats, no matter if we want it or not !

    Do not confuse 'we' with 'I'.

    Just because you have a problem with something does't mean everyone else does.

    If this was as big a problem as you claim it to be, it wouldn't be the same people mentioning it over and over again. I'm not saying you don't have legitimate grounds to complain, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the negative impact is very confined right now.

    For the vast majority of players, it has been an improvement.
    @F8RGE Again no meaningful comment addressing switching game modes or broken map rotation !

    I've given you a response, and while it may not be the response you wanted it was unlikely to ever satisfy you. Even if I came out and said "Just for you, Eshtazaki, we're turning it off". It likely wouldn't have been good enough.

    As above, if you have specifics then I'll be more than happy to hear them and work with the team here at DICE to investigate your account to see what's happened, and if it identifies any issues that we can work towards.

    @F8RGE Thanks for taking the effort to respond. Do appreciate this.

    For sure i am not confusing the "i" with "we", but as i am sure You can se it is not only little me having issues which were stated all over the board.
    Also as i seen there are some ppl who do not have any of the issues stated, and i'm totally fine with that moreover actually very happy for those folks ! i am aware that the majority even can have no issues at all, as i only came back to the forum to express my issues and check if there is anything on the horizon to address them.

    So putting this aside as we can be in very small percentile of whole group who actually have any issues at all - i can understand that.

    This still does not answer other question, why You are not addressing the real question here.
    i was not asking a question there "when will you turn it off ? "
    my outcry to You was "Again no meaningful comment addressing switching game modes or broken map rotation !"
    And by meaningful i would understand any of the below:

    - sorry to see so many of you having issues, i assure we are working our [edited language] off to get to the bottom of this, but please understand, from all data collected we see for 2% of ppl some issues, for over 70% ppl we see great improvement in terms of matchmaking and we do not see any broken map rotations, switching game modes. Please be patient as we do our best to address those concerns.

    - Guys thanks for all the feedback and tests done, we do see great improvement for majority of the gamers, we are sorry to see some of you have issues with this system, but it is here to stay, over the next months we will try to prioritize our development efforts and try to address those. Unfortunately by no means this states that the new system will be off, or this will get resolved hastly, again apologies for that.

    - Guys its here to stay, we seen great improvement for majority, and we do understand some of you are facing new issues due to this implementation, please stay tuned, we are to address those points in near future

    - Apologies for all your inconvenience, but looking at majority of the player base this system is working up to specs and we have currently no resources to investigate it further. Sorry to see some of you have issues with map rotation or lobbies, or even game modes, as much we would like to focus on those, we have some great things incoming, on which we want to focus our efforts currently. Will come back on addressing this in Q3 of 2019.


    Or anything like this would work for me, moreover, i would know what is the status, i would know if you will be working on those, or when i could expect some update if you will be working on it. as much as inconvenient it would be for me i would stick with you guys, i know we all have better and worse days and working with such diverse community can be difficult to say the least.

    But if i do not know if you even noticed our outcries, i will just continue to bug you, which at the end will be waste of time for me, for you, and sometimes some unpleasant things will slip on the posts, which i am sure as much we all try to avoid, when you are getting pushed too much sometime may happen.


    To wrap it up. i am unsure how much information you can share in fact, as i am sure you cannot say everything you would like, but it would be nice to at least address more points, as it is not just wait time we have issues with.

    Anyways do appreciate that you took some time to post some news here.
    Please have a Good Day ! :)

    [Post edited by com mod ironsoldier to remove vulgar language]
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    I've already given a couple of comments in line with what you'd class as meaningful. I've explained that we can see it's working well for the vast majority of players.

    If there are specific problems you are having, please do let us know about them (as mentioned earlier). Providing specifics does help.

    Map rotation, we're always looking at ways to improve this. We do look at our data very regularly to see how often each map is being played and if there is something not right, we'll make changes. As for game modes, exact times and specifics for when you experienced this would be beneficial, as this allows us to dive into our server logs at that exact moment.

    True you did say this :) but in reference only to lobbies filling up faster - and honestly, for me it was filling up very fast - i had no issues there.

    Seen a comment you'll be working on the squads getting broken up - great stuff now we know ! thank you !

    If you say that you are focusing on map rotation, i will have to live with this answer :)
    Not a one i was looking for, but you even cannot imagine how less aggravated it made me, so truly thank you for this !

    For game modes, i have not faced this as i usually spend my time in GA only, and had no issues there also.
    but there were few guys here giving the specifics in the form you guys asked for. So when possible it would be great to see some comment from you guys on this one also. As said, as much as it may not be the one comment i was looking for, i will still be happy to see, that you noticed.

    Will install back SWBF2 for the hero unleashed, hopefully you are not planning any restrictions in maps, so will give it a spin ! if i face any issues i will surely make some notes to give you valid data for diving into logs.
    And if i do not, i will be back here with some nice comments :)


  • Will appreciate a ETA for servers to be returned for "duty".
  • IronSoldier
    3797 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Will appreciate a ETA for servers to be returned for "duty".

    define returned to duty? Are you speaking in regards to the regions being changed?
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    .

    If you are encountering anything odd then I would kindly request that you provide the following, as this will assist in us pinpointing any potential issues.
    • Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Description of the issue
    • Time and date it occurred
    • Ping site you're connected to
    • Game mode you were playing
    • Were you in a group
    Devastator21823
    Xbox 1 S
    Being put into empty lobbies.
    11-11-18
    Default (most likely Virginia.) 22ms
    Galactic assault
    Not in a group.
    https://xboxclips.com/Devastator21823/screenshots/b8696ae7-a4e6-4570-b7a2-b9d8c5674443

    https://xboxclips.com/Devastator21823/screenshots/19ddfae2-8d17-4776-b89b-dc3c37331b9e


    Some feedback i had from discord.
    We need the option to stay in the server.
    Doesn't matter if you press the button or not, you're still being matchmade into a new server
    From full to empty
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Will appreciate a ETA for servers to be returned for "duty".

    define returned to duty? Are you speaking in regards to the regions being changed?

    Half of the servers were deleted. For me our local server has been removed and just about all my friends stopped playing as they don't want to play with high ping.
  • also when you say you've tested it multiple times this leads me to believe it's not always on. is it only on when we see the Matchmaking button?
  • My question for you @F8RGE has to do with the matchmaking button.

    Why is it automatically triggering every time the map is due to change?

    Is this a bug or is this intentional?

    It's great that you all are getting servers filled up faster, but there are legitimate complaints that can't be isolated issues because I and all of my SWBF2 friends on XB1 all share these exact problems.

    It really boils down to that matchmaking button because it's why the map rotation is broken, why players are randomly kicked to the home menu or thrown from one game mode into another.

    If by some chance the matchmaking button is the minority, my XB1 gamertag is Afromeister.
  • jonci
    1232 posts Member
    The banter is becoming quite heated, therefore would it be possible to calm people by publishing some of your collated stats on the following?
    % of players affected.
    % of players kicked to empty games
    % of players waiting more than 2 minutes to get in a lobby
    % of players kicked to home screen
    % of players kicked to different game
    % of matches not full

    and the big one % of players forced to endure MM switch at the end of a round without asking.

  • Eshtazaki
    180 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    jonci wrote: »
    The banter is becoming quite heated, therefore would it be possible to calm people by publishing some of your collated stats on the following?
    % of players affected.
    % of players kicked to empty games
    % of players waiting more than 2 minutes to get in a lobby
    % of players kicked to home screen
    % of players kicked to different game
    % of matches not full

    and the big one % of players forced to endure MM switch at the end of a round without asking.

    i would love to see drop in number of players after the EOR MM was not turned off after "test weekend" without a word from devs that it is here to stay.
    EDIT:
    - i just see how it would turn out, there was an increase and the joke is on me ! :)

    Still, they will probably choose Heroes unleashed weekend to take the numbers ;) and even i did install the game a moment ago just for that weekend ;) (maybe for longer if the EOR MM is not as bad as it was before...)'

    Ooops, now they will use this info for sure ;) ;) ;)

    But still, in regard that guys did address some points finally with at least some comments, i will give it another chance.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    SVEJ wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

    As you know, the End of Round Matchmaking had been tested a multiple times over the last few months. Each time we saw good progress but it also had minor issues. We worked on these issues and recently we were in a position to test it again.

    Those tests went well and while we thought we could still improve things, we were happy with how things were. We performed multiple back-end updates to improve the system even more, and again, we saw improvements across the board.

    We have seen time to find a game drop drastically. We're not talking 1-2 seconds saved here and there, but a reduction of more than 50% in some cases. Unlike our previous tests, it is also working well across all game modes, large and small. We are seeing the time to matchmake be at its lowest level and games are more full.

    Games being more full was also one of our goals, and it's something that we've achieved.

    We've been analysing our server telemetry very carefully, after every tweak we make we ensure the needle is pointing in the right direction. We've also been looking at feedback from players and we can see that it has improved over time from the recent integration and then subsequent tweaks.

    This is not to say that there won't be some people that are experiencing problems. In an online world, this is always likely to happen to some regard.

    If you are encountering anything odd then I would kindly request that you provide the following, as this will assist in us pinpointing any potential issues.
    • Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Description of the issue
    • Time and date it occurred
    • Ping site you're connected to
    • Game mode you were playing
    • Were you in a group

    I don't even know if I should take this seriously or as a joke, because you ALWAYS say the same trash over and over. SHOW US THE DATA!!! because im sure the 19 p[ages of COMPLAINTS on this thread isn't enough for you to turn OFF EOR.
    19 pages of complaints from a handful of the same people doesn’t realistically mean that their data is wrong

    I’ve never had one issue on PS4

    Hi, no hate, an legitimate question, so you never seen broken map rotation in for example GA (if you play this mode), you were never thrown into different game mode as EOR kicks in ?

    Very happy for you :) maybe i should buy a PS4 :|
    Nope no issues at all

    The only time I was rage was when we had the stupid Halloween “special” few days, the same 3-4 maps on rotation but that was deliberate, that really annoyed me

    You have never been thrown in an empty lobby or had to play the same side twice in a row? You haven't played the same map multiple times before seeing the entire rotation? I'm on ps4 and all of this happens regularly. Maybe you dont play enough and thus have a small sample size to reference.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

    As you know, the End of Round Matchmaking had been tested a multiple times over the last few months. Each time we saw good progress but it also had minor issues. We worked on these issues and recently we were in a position to test it again.

    Those tests went well and while we thought we could still improve things, we were happy with how things were. We performed multiple back-end updates to improve the system even more, and again, we saw improvements across the board.

    We have seen time to find a game drop drastically. We're not talking 1-2 seconds saved here and there, but a reduction of more than 50% in some cases. Unlike our previous tests, it is also working well across all game modes, large and small. We are seeing the time to matchmake be at its lowest level and games are more full.

    Games being more full was also one of our goals, and it's something that we've achieved.

    We've been analysing our server telemetry very carefully, after every tweak we make we ensure the needle is pointing in the right direction. We've also been looking at feedback from players and we can see that it has improved over time from the recent integration and then subsequent tweaks.

    This is not to say that there won't be some people that are experiencing problems. In an online world, this is always likely to happen to some regard.

    If you are encountering anything odd then I would kindly request that you provide the following, as this will assist in us pinpointing any potential issues.
    • Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Description of the issue
    • Time and date it occurred
    • Ping site you're connected to
    • Game mode you were playing
    • Were you in a group

    I haven't been pressing the button since the maintenance, and now I have a regular map rotation, not sure if I'm with the same players though.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Ok so that means SWBF 2 is dead for me, as you are pushing it down our throats, no matter if we want it or not !

    Do not confuse 'we' with 'I'.

    Just because you have a problem with something does't mean everyone else does.

    If this was as big a problem as you claim it to be, it wouldn't be the same people mentioning it over and over again. I'm not saying you don't have legitimate grounds to complain, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the negative impact is very confined right now.

    For the vast majority of players, it has been an improvement.
    @F8RGE Again no meaningful comment addressing switching game modes or broken map rotation !

    I've given you a response, and while it may not be the response you wanted it was unlikely to ever satisfy you. Even if I came out and said "Just for you, Eshtazaki, we're turning it off". It likely wouldn't have been good enough.

    As above, if you have specifics then I'll be more than happy to hear them and work with the team here at DICE to investigate your account to see what's happened, and if it identifies any issues that we can work towards.

    Put a survey on the menu screen in the game and you will find out the truth. Do you like the new matchmaking system? Would you prefer to initiate matchmaking yourself?, and so forth. You won't, because you already know the answer. If your argument is that it's just a few people on a forum thread, why bother asking us anything.

    There would be multiple threads on the subject daily if this megathread wasn't created to discount people's opinions and experiences.
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

    As you know, the End of Round Matchmaking had been tested a multiple times over the last few months. Each time we saw good progress but it also had minor issues. We worked on these issues and recently we were in a position to test it again.

    Those tests went well and while we thought we could still improve things, we were happy with how things were. We performed multiple back-end updates to improve the system even more, and again, we saw improvements across the board.

    We have seen time to find a game drop drastically. We're not talking 1-2 seconds saved here and there, but a reduction of more than 50% in some cases. Unlike our previous tests, it is also working well across all game modes, large and small. We are seeing the time to matchmake be at its lowest level and games are more full.

    Games being more full was also one of our goals, and it's something that we've achieved.

    We've been analysing our server telemetry very carefully, after every tweak we make we ensure the needle is pointing in the right direction. We've also been looking at feedback from players and we can see that it has improved over time from the recent integration and then subsequent tweaks.

    This is not to say that there won't be some people that are experiencing problems. In an online world, this is always likely to happen to some regard.

    If you are encountering anything odd then I would kindly request that you provide the following, as this will assist in us pinpointing any potential issues.
    • Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Description of the issue
    • Time and date it occurred
    • Ping site you're connected to
    • Game mode you were playing
    • Were you in a group

    I haven't been pressing the button since the maintenance, and now I have a regular map rotation, not sure if I'm with the same players though.

    If that is true at least for GA mode, than i can at least live with it :) thanks for the update. will give a test run when i have a while
  • Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

    As you know, the End of Round Matchmaking had been tested a multiple times over the last few months. Each time we saw good progress but it also had minor issues. We worked on these issues and recently we were in a position to test it again.

    Those tests went well and while we thought we could still improve things, we were happy with how things were. We performed multiple back-end updates to improve the system even more, and again, we saw improvements across the board.

    We have seen time to find a game drop drastically. We're not talking 1-2 seconds saved here and there, but a reduction of more than 50% in some cases. Unlike our previous tests, it is also working well across all game modes, large and small. We are seeing the time to matchmake be at its lowest level and games are more full.

    Games being more full was also one of our goals, and it's something that we've achieved.

    We've been analysing our server telemetry very carefully, after every tweak we make we ensure the needle is pointing in the right direction. We've also been looking at feedback from players and we can see that it has improved over time from the recent integration and then subsequent tweaks.

    This is not to say that there won't be some people that are experiencing problems. In an online world, this is always likely to happen to some regard.

    If you are encountering anything odd then I would kindly request that you provide the following, as this will assist in us pinpointing any potential issues.
    • Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Description of the issue
    • Time and date it occurred
    • Ping site you're connected to
    • Game mode you were playing
    • Were you in a group

    I haven't been pressing the button since the maintenance, and now I have a regular map rotation, not sure if I'm with the same players though.

    If that is true at least for GA mode, than i can at least live with it :) thanks for the update. will give a test run when i have a while

    It gives the countdown, but it has a proper rotation, and Extraction was pretty consistent in how a match ends. Sometimes the lobby needed more players (and a group of people were immediately sent to the dark side), but one instance was during a Hero Starfighters rotation, when the button wasn't available.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Liz4rD
    1121 posts Member
    By the way,
    EOR MM System is not working well, after playing 3 entire matches of HvsV, It keeps displaying the following:

    gbwpmes5fxq5.jpg

    It does not show EOR data.
  • The contempt that Dice has for the players is beyond belief. We paid for this junk and we get the middle finger in return. Do what you want Dice. You will get no support from a lot of us.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Can someone please let me know why the post requesting a survey on the main menu of the game was deleted? If you think it's just 5 people complaining on this thread, prove it. You won't, because you know what will happen and it's not that the matchmaking system is working fine.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    By the way,
    EOR MM System is not working well, after playing 3 entire matches of HvsV, It keeps displaying the following:

    gbwpmes5fxq5.jpg

    It does not show EOR data.

    This always happens if you’ve played arcade before online. The fix is to exit the game and relaunch. Not saying this is exactly your case. Just trying to help.
  • Can someone please let me know why the post requesting a survey on the main menu of the game was deleted? If you think it's just 5 people complaining on this thread, prove it. You won't, because you know what will happen and it's not that the matchmaking system is working fine.

    i like this idea in fact, not everyone comes to forums, for sure not when everything is working fine for them, heck i came here because of EOR MM, and a while ago when the nerf on heavy was to nerfy ;)

    Its not like the end of the world to do a survey with like 2-3 questions regarding the matter, but as you said, what if the outcome would be not what Dice expects... and tells us all around.

    I also doubt that 20 pages are done by 5 persons ;) fine i did a lot of posting in last 3 weeks, but not that much.

    To be honest i am slowly loosing interest and hopes it will be a good Star Wars game, am giving it a last spin this week, then probably i will just bump on the forums from time to time, just to remind myself with this small issue which is only bothering a marginal few of us it seems ;)
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    I've already given a couple of comments in line with what you'd class as meaningful. I've explained that we can see it's working well for the vast majority of players.

    If there are specific problems you are having, please do let us know about them (as mentioned earlier). Providing specifics does help.

    Map rotation, we're always looking at ways to improve this. We do look at our data very regularly to see how often each map is being played and if there is something not right, we'll make changes. As for game modes, exact times and specifics for when you experienced this would be beneficial, as this allows us to dive into our server logs at that exact moment.

    Ok @F8RGE , first I want to say thanks for replying to this thread again, it really does show that you care. But I must say, we have posted 20 pages of feedback, plenty of pictures of empty lobbies, and have clearly expressed the view that we don't want to be forced to leave a server. It might have reduced the time to find a match, but throwing us into random empty lobbies counteracts any positives. A few options might be to just give players an option to turn it off, or just turn it off for the end of round shuffling. Also this was supposed to be a weekend test, so I feel like you guys have ran the test, and the players have spoken.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Ok so that means SWBF 2 is dead for me, as you are pushing it down our throats, no matter if we want it or not !

    Do not confuse 'we' with 'I'.

    Just because you have a problem with something does't mean everyone else does.

    If this was as big a problem as you claim it to be, it wouldn't be the same people mentioning it over and over again. I'm not saying you don't have legitimate grounds to complain, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the negative impact is very confined right now.

    For the vast majority of players, it has been an improvement.
    @F8RGE Again no meaningful comment addressing switching game modes or broken map rotation !

    I've given you a response, and while it may not be the response you wanted it was unlikely to ever satisfy you. Even if I came out and said "Just for you, Eshtazaki, we're turning it off". It likely wouldn't have been good enough.

    As above, if you have specifics then I'll be more than happy to hear them and work with the team here at DICE to investigate your account to see what's happened, and if it identifies any issues that we can work towards.

    OK then perhaps you can answer this one:

    I do understand that it could be that the EoR MM problems are confined to a relatively small group. I've also postulated on here that it could impact a disproportionately high number of active members on this forum (because, for example, your algorithm could hit better players and they are more likely to be on here).

    So all that said, what have you done with the ton of responses that you have already had with the gamertag, ping site etc? What's that telling you then? You want more of it, sure, but what have you done with what you've already got?
  • bfloo
    15962 posts Member
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    By the way,
    EOR MM System is not working well, after playing 3 entire matches of HvsV, It keeps displaying the following:

    gbwpmes5fxq5.jpg

    It does not show EOR data.

    I only get that after switching from arcade to mp.

    Only fix I found was restarting the game.

    That started long before EoR
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Map rotation, we're always looking at ways to improve this. We do look at our data very regularly to see how often each map is being played and if there is something not right, we'll make changes. As for game modes, exact times and specifics for when you experienced this would be beneficial, as this allows us to dive into our server logs at that exact moment.

    Which presumably means if one player has to play Bespin 10 times in a row, and another has to play Hoth 10 times in a row your data says that map rotation is balance. LOL.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    SVEJ wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

    As you know, the End of Round Matchmaking had been tested a multiple times over the last few months. Each time we saw good progress but it also had minor issues. We worked on these issues and recently we were in a position to test it again.

    Those tests went well and while we thought we could still improve things, we were happy with how things were. We performed multiple back-end updates to improve the system even more, and again, we saw improvements across the board.

    We have seen time to find a game drop drastically. We're not talking 1-2 seconds saved here and there, but a reduction of more than 50% in some cases. Unlike our previous tests, it is also working well across all game modes, large and small. We are seeing the time to matchmake be at its lowest level and games are more full.

    Games being more full was also one of our goals, and it's something that we've achieved.

    We've been analysing our server telemetry very carefully, after every tweak we make we ensure the needle is pointing in the right direction. We've also been looking at feedback from players and we can see that it has improved over time from the recent integration and then subsequent tweaks.

    This is not to say that there won't be some people that are experiencing problems. In an online world, this is always likely to happen to some regard.

    If you are encountering anything odd then I would kindly request that you provide the following, as this will assist in us pinpointing any potential issues.
    • Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Description of the issue
    • Time and date it occurred
    • Ping site you're connected to
    • Game mode you were playing
    • Were you in a group

    I don't even know if I should take this seriously or as a joke, because you ALWAYS say the same trash over and over. SHOW US THE DATA!!! because im sure the 19 p[ages of COMPLAINTS on this thread isn't enough for you to turn OFF EOR.
    19 pages of complaints from a handful of the same people doesn’t realistically mean that their data is wrong

    I’ve never had one issue on PS4

    Hi, no hate, an legitimate question, so you never seen broken map rotation in for example GA (if you play this mode), you were never thrown into different game mode as EOR kicks in ?

    Very happy for you :) maybe i should buy a PS4 :|
    Nope no issues at all

    The only time I was rage was when we had the stupid Halloween “special” few days, the same 3-4 maps on rotation but that was deliberate, that really annoyed me

    You have never been thrown in an empty lobby or had to play the same side twice in a row? You haven't played the same map multiple times before seeing the entire rotation? I'm on ps4 and all of this happens regularly. Maybe you dont play enough and thus have a small sample size to reference.
    I play almost everyday 2-3 hours of an evening

    And I’ve NEVER had any issues
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    SVEJ wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

    As you know, the End of Round Matchmaking had been tested a multiple times over the last few months. Each time we saw good progress but it also had minor issues. We worked on these issues and recently we were in a position to test it again.

    Those tests went well and while we thought we could still improve things, we were happy with how things were. We performed multiple back-end updates to improve the system even more, and again, we saw improvements across the board.

    We have seen time to find a game drop drastically. We're not talking 1-2 seconds saved here and there, but a reduction of more than 50% in some cases. Unlike our previous tests, it is also working well across all game modes, large and small. We are seeing the time to matchmake be at its lowest level and games are more full.

    Games being more full was also one of our goals, and it's something that we've achieved.

    We've been analysing our server telemetry very carefully, after every tweak we make we ensure the needle is pointing in the right direction. We've also been looking at feedback from players and we can see that it has improved over time from the recent integration and then subsequent tweaks.

    This is not to say that there won't be some people that are experiencing problems. In an online world, this is always likely to happen to some regard.

    If you are encountering anything odd then I would kindly request that you provide the following, as this will assist in us pinpointing any potential issues.
    • Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Description of the issue
    • Time and date it occurred
    • Ping site you're connected to
    • Game mode you were playing
    • Were you in a group

    I don't even know if I should take this seriously or as a joke, because you ALWAYS say the same trash over and over. SHOW US THE DATA!!! because im sure the 19 p[ages of COMPLAINTS on this thread isn't enough for you to turn OFF EOR.
    19 pages of complaints from a handful of the same people doesn’t realistically mean that their data is wrong

    I’ve never had one issue on PS4

    Hi, no hate, an legitimate question, so you never seen broken map rotation in for example GA (if you play this mode), you were never thrown into different game mode as EOR kicks in ?

    Very happy for you :) maybe i should buy a PS4 :|
    Nope no issues at all

    The only time I was rage was when we had the stupid Halloween “special” few days, the same 3-4 maps on rotation but that was deliberate, that really annoyed me

    You have never been thrown in an empty lobby or had to play the same side twice in a row? You haven't played the same map multiple times before seeing the entire rotation? I'm on ps4 and all of this happens regularly. Maybe you dont play enough and thus have a small sample size to reference.
    I play almost everyday 2-3 hours of an evening

    And I’ve NEVER had any issues

    Do you consider any of the items I listed issues? I'm sorry, I just find it hard to believe that in those 2 to 3 hours, you never played the light side twice in a row due to the system looking for a new game after a max of 2 consecutive games.
  • fancyladypants
    257 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Today I get error 1017, something went wrong trying to find you a game. I was in a party with others when forced EOR MM kicked in. My party was still playing. This was on PC during Galactic Assault, I can't find other game modes 99% of the time. Getting Error 1017 all day. Turn it off. It's total and complete crap! Global Data be damned. Play your own game for a day and you'll see, without experimenting on your userbase.


    There are no more server regions or choices to find the best ping for me, coupled with no server browser the games are much more lag filled. I have no idea what region I'm playing in. My ping could be 60000+ for all the information we're given. You've restricted the userbase options even further, congratulations. Turn off more server regions to make it appear the EOR MM is working but lag will increase. Brilliant!
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    SVEJ wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

    As you know, the End of Round Matchmaking had been tested a multiple times over the last few months. Each time we saw good progress but it also had minor issues. We worked on these issues and recently we were in a position to test it again.

    Those tests went well and while we thought we could still improve things, we were happy with how things were. We performed multiple back-end updates to improve the system even more, and again, we saw improvements across the board.

    We have seen time to find a game drop drastically. We're not talking 1-2 seconds saved here and there, but a reduction of more than 50% in some cases. Unlike our previous tests, it is also working well across all game modes, large and small. We are seeing the time to matchmake be at its lowest level and games are more full.

    Games being more full was also one of our goals, and it's something that we've achieved.

    We've been analysing our server telemetry very carefully, after every tweak we make we ensure the needle is pointing in the right direction. We've also been looking at feedback from players and we can see that it has improved over time from the recent integration and then subsequent tweaks.

    This is not to say that there won't be some people that are experiencing problems. In an online world, this is always likely to happen to some regard.

    If you are encountering anything odd then I would kindly request that you provide the following, as this will assist in us pinpointing any potential issues.
    • Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Description of the issue
    • Time and date it occurred
    • Ping site you're connected to
    • Game mode you were playing
    • Were you in a group

    I don't even know if I should take this seriously or as a joke, because you ALWAYS say the same trash over and over. SHOW US THE DATA!!! because im sure the 19 p[ages of COMPLAINTS on this thread isn't enough for you to turn OFF EOR.
    19 pages of complaints from a handful of the same people doesn’t realistically mean that their data is wrong

    I’ve never had one issue on PS4

    Hi, no hate, an legitimate question, so you never seen broken map rotation in for example GA (if you play this mode), you were never thrown into different game mode as EOR kicks in ?

    Very happy for you :) maybe i should buy a PS4 :|
    Nope no issues at all

    The only time I was rage was when we had the stupid Halloween “special” few days, the same 3-4 maps on rotation but that was deliberate, that really annoyed me

    You have never been thrown in an empty lobby or had to play the same side twice in a row? You haven't played the same map multiple times before seeing the entire rotation? I'm on ps4 and all of this happens regularly. Maybe you dont play enough and thus have a small sample size to reference.
    I play almost everyday 2-3 hours of an evening

    And I’ve NEVER had any issues

    Do you consider any of the items I listed issues? I'm sorry, I just find it hard to believe that in those 2 to 3 hours, you never played the light side twice in a row due to the system looking for a new game after a max of 2 consecutive games.
    I’m a 36 year old married, father of 2

    I’m not gonna come on here and make up bull, I have nothing to gain from that

    No offence

    Post edited by Lee1981 on
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Ok so that means SWBF 2 is dead for me, as you are pushing it down our throats, no matter if we want it or not !

    Do not confuse 'we' with 'I'.

    Just because you have a problem with something does't mean everyone else does.

    If this was as big a problem as you claim it to be, it wouldn't be the same people mentioning it over and over again. I'm not saying you don't have legitimate grounds to complain, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the negative impact is very confined right now.

    For the vast majority of players, it has been an improvement.
    @F8RGE Again no meaningful comment addressing switching game modes or broken map rotation !

    I've given you a response, and while it may not be the response you wanted it was unlikely to ever satisfy you. Even if I came out and said "Just for you, Eshtazaki, we're turning it off". It likely wouldn't have been good enough.

    As above, if you have specifics then I'll be more than happy to hear them and work with the team here at DICE to investigate your account to see what's happened, and if it identifies any issues that we can work towards.

    All these problems are a direct result of EoR MM, if it weren't turned on none of these issues would be happening.

    "Just because you have a problem with something doesn't mean everyone else does."

    Just because some people aren't having problems with something doesn't mean everyone else is.

    People who say that they have had 0 problems with this have given 0 evidence while evidence against it has been stockpiled here.

    Just because some people are more vocal about something doesn't mean what they are being vocal about isn't happening to others. If issues are this common to the few people here what is to say it isn't common for those who don't give feedback on an official forum?

    "For the vast majority of players, it has been an improvement."

    Yeah?
    Duplicate cards also gave crafting parts
    Crait is coming to HvV
    A 4 person party can now play Hero showdown
    That's not a Droideka it is a crashed speeder
    Darth Maul's saber throw has been fixed
    Shooting while stunned has been fixed

    Even all those other lies aside why should I believe that statement when there is 0 evidence backing it
    I do not count "all good on my end" as evidence.

    If this isn't an issue explain this mega thread and the backend changes announcements.
    sb3rnfan24s7.png


    "I've given you a response, and while it may not be the response you wanted it was unlikely to ever satisfy you. Even if I came out and said "Just for you, Eshtazaki, we're turning it off". It likely wouldn't have been good enough."

    Yes it would actually if you said that you were turning off the one thing that is causing all these issues then it would indeed fact satisfy people.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Ok so that means SWBF 2 is dead for me, as you are pushing it down our throats, no matter if we want it or not !

    Do not confuse 'we' with 'I'.

    Just because you have a problem with something does't mean everyone else does.

    If this was as big a problem as you claim it to be, it wouldn't be the same people mentioning it over and over again. I'm not saying you don't have legitimate grounds to complain, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the negative impact is very confined right now.

    For the vast majority of players, it has been an improvement.
    @F8RGE Again no meaningful comment addressing switching game modes or broken map rotation !

    I've given you a response, and while it may not be the response you wanted it was unlikely to ever satisfy you. Even if I came out and said "Just for you, Eshtazaki, we're turning it off". It likely wouldn't have been good enough.

    As above, if you have specifics then I'll be more than happy to hear them and work with the team here at DICE to investigate your account to see what's happened, and if it identifies any issues that we can work towards.
    People who say that they have had 0 problems with this have given 0 evidence while evidence against it has been stockpiled here.
    I’m a grown man, I have no reason to lie
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Ok so that means SWBF 2 is dead for me, as you are pushing it down our throats, no matter if we want it or not !

    Do not confuse 'we' with 'I'.

    Just because you have a problem with something does't mean everyone else does.

    If this was as big a problem as you claim it to be, it wouldn't be the same people mentioning it over and over again. I'm not saying you don't have legitimate grounds to complain, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the negative impact is very confined right now.

    For the vast majority of players, it has been an improvement.
    @F8RGE Again no meaningful comment addressing switching game modes or broken map rotation !

    I've given you a response, and while it may not be the response you wanted it was unlikely to ever satisfy you. Even if I came out and said "Just for you, Eshtazaki, we're turning it off". It likely wouldn't have been good enough.

    As above, if you have specifics then I'll be more than happy to hear them and work with the team here at DICE to investigate your account to see what's happened, and if it identifies any issues that we can work towards.
    People who say that they have had 0 problems with this have given 0 evidence while evidence against it has been stockpiled here.
    I’m a grown man, I have no reason to lie

    Your statements haven't been backed by anything.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Ok so that means SWBF 2 is dead for me, as you are pushing it down our throats, no matter if we want it or not !

    Do not confuse 'we' with 'I'.

    Just because you have a problem with something does't mean everyone else does.

    If this was as big a problem as you claim it to be, it wouldn't be the same people mentioning it over and over again. I'm not saying you don't have legitimate grounds to complain, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the negative impact is very confined right now.

    For the vast majority of players, it has been an improvement.
    @F8RGE Again no meaningful comment addressing switching game modes or broken map rotation !

    I've given you a response, and while it may not be the response you wanted it was unlikely to ever satisfy you. Even if I came out and said "Just for you, Eshtazaki, we're turning it off". It likely wouldn't have been good enough.

    As above, if you have specifics then I'll be more than happy to hear them and work with the team here at DICE to investigate your account to see what's happened, and if it identifies any issues that we can work towards.
    People who say that they have had 0 problems with this have given 0 evidence while evidence against it has been stockpiled here.
    I’m a grown man, I have no reason to lie

    Your statements haven't been backed by anything.
    Other than my word no your right

    I don’t have to prove anything to you or anyone else

    I’m telling YOU and anyone else on here, I have had NO issues

    Believe it or not, I don’t care

    I’m having to much fun playing with no issues anyway

    Lol
  • Gamertag: Honorary Ewok
    Platform: Xbox One

    Description of the issue: I play Ewok Hunt almost exclusively. During the day, the matches are smaller, and since the matchmaking kicked in, after each game, the lobby is empty or nearly empty. At night, or times when the mode has heavy traffic, the problem is less severe, but we still have to wait for the lobby to fill.

    During low traffic times, I used to assume that players were just done playing or switching to other modes. But I can exit the empty lobby and start the mode again and find most of the same players still playing Ewok Hunt.

    Before matchmaking, Ewok Hunt had almost no wait times between matches during high traffic times and low wait times if we needed a few players. Now, it's like the players are being scattered between matches, which again, isn't so bad during high traffic times, because the teams can quickly be assembled, but during low traffic times, you have to exit the mode and go back into it, and hope you have the lucky timing to land in a nearly full lobby or the start of a new match.


    Time and date it occurred: Every day since matchmaking started.
    Ping site you're connected to: I'm not sure, but I'm near the gulf coast of the U.S.
    Game mode you were playing: Ewok Hunt
    Were you in a group: No
    m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg
    Xbox Live: Honorary Ewok



  • is it possible that the empty lobbies are happening as a result of something else? I mean are we sure it can be tied directly to the EOR matchmaking? I remember months ago there were ping site issue and also server problems in certain regions also giving empty lobbies. maybe EOR matchmaking works but something else is causing the issues? bottom line is still that something is causing the issues so it need to be resolved. but maybe there is something else to correlate too? I'm just trying to make sense of it all.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    is it possible that the empty lobbies are happening as a result of something else? I mean are we sure it can be tied directly to the EOR matchmaking? I remember months ago there were ping site issue and also server problems in certain regions also giving empty lobbies. maybe EOR matchmaking works but something else is causing the issues? bottom line is still that something is causing the issues so it need to be resolved. but maybe there is something else to correlate too? I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

    Maybe the game needs to be uninstalled or reinstalled? There was a time when the game was stuck (not frozen, so I guess it might have been soft locked) on the loading screen for Kashyyyk and after reinstalling, and the disc receiving a good cleaning, everything was back in working order.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Just finished another 2 hours on PS4

    And guess what.???
    No issues
  • here is a good example of a good one sided game. pretty much rebels (my team) vs sith. the rebels kept killing the villain team until players left to find another game im sure. I know blast does something similar as a guy on the other team had over 50 kills. In a way i feel players are intentionally being placed on these bad teams for a reason.



    and here is the playing blast and end of round match making kicks in to find a heroes vs villains game. Did this twice on me last night. Even a third time but it couldnt find a game.

  • Really really curious why someone not having issues would be so adamant about not having issues in a thread titled "EOR Matchmaking Issues". If you aren't having any issues why are you in a thread about issues arguing? You could move along and live your married life with 2 kids instead of here talking about issues you're not having. Seems suspect just by logic alone.
  • I move for those who are not having issues live stream your gameplay. most are able to do so now days. show us that your not having issues.
  • Really really curious why someone not having issues would be so adamant about not having issues in a thread titled "EOR Matchmaking Issues". If you aren't having any issues why are you in a thread about issues arguing? You could move along and live your married life with 2 kids instead of here talking about issues you're not having. Seems suspect just by logic alone.

    And it happens to be on the same day F8RGE reposts the company line.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    is it possible that the empty lobbies are happening as a result of something else? I mean are we sure it can be tied directly to the EOR matchmaking? I remember months ago there were ping site issue and also server problems in certain regions also giving empty lobbies. maybe EOR matchmaking works but something else is causing the issues? bottom line is still that something is causing the issues so it need to be resolved. but maybe there is something else to correlate too? I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

    Maybe...
    Nah, lets just blame it all on matchmaking.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    is it possible that the empty lobbies are happening as a result of something else? I mean are we sure it can be tied directly to the EOR matchmaking? I remember months ago there were ping site issue and also server problems in certain regions also giving empty lobbies. maybe EOR matchmaking works but something else is causing the issues? bottom line is still that something is causing the issues so it need to be resolved. but maybe there is something else to correlate too? I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

    In all seriousness I think the reason people blame it on matchmaking is because it has happened much more since EOR was introduced.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

    As you know, the End of Round Matchmaking had been tested a multiple times over the last few months. Each time we saw good progress but it also had minor issues. We worked on these issues and recently we were in a position to test it again.

    Those tests went well and while we thought we could still improve things, we were happy with how things were. We performed multiple back-end updates to improve the system even more, and again, we saw improvements across the board.

    We have seen time to find a game drop drastically. We're not talking 1-2 seconds saved here and there, but a reduction of more than 50% in some cases. Unlike our previous tests, it is also working well across all game modes, large and small. We are seeing the time to matchmake be at its lowest level and games are more full.

    Games being more full was also one of our goals, and it's something that we've achieved.

    We've been analysing our server telemetry very carefully, after every tweak we make we ensure the needle is pointing in the right direction. We've also been looking at feedback from players and we can see that it has improved over time from the recent integration and then subsequent tweaks.

    This is not to say that there won't be some people that are experiencing problems. In an online world, this is always likely to happen to some regard.

    If you are encountering anything odd then I would kindly request that you provide the following, as this will assist in us pinpointing any potential issues.
    • Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Description of the issue
    • Time and date it occurred
    • Ping site you're connected to
    • Game mode you were playing
    • Were you in a group

    That's all I needed to hear to free up almost 100g on my SSD lol.
    Thanks for the info.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Ok so that means SWBF 2 is dead for me, as you are pushing it down our throats, no matter if we want it or not !

    Do not confuse 'we' with 'I'.

    Just because you have a problem with something does't mean everyone else does.

    If this was as big a problem as you claim it to be, it wouldn't be the same people mentioning it over and over again. I'm not saying you don't have legitimate grounds to complain, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the negative impact is very confined right now.

    For the vast majority of players, it has been an improvement.
    @F8RGE Again no meaningful comment addressing switching game modes or broken map rotation !

    I've given you a response, and while it may not be the response you wanted it was unlikely to ever satisfy you. Even if I came out and said "Just for you, Eshtazaki, we're turning it off". It likely wouldn't have been good enough.

    As above, if you have specifics then I'll be more than happy to hear them and work with the team here at DICE to investigate your account to see what's happened, and if it identifies any issues that we can work towards.
    People who say that they have had 0 problems with this have given 0 evidence while evidence against it has been stockpiled here.
    I’m a grown man, I have no reason to lie

    Your statements haven't been backed by anything.
    Other than my word no your right

    I don’t have to prove anything to you or anyone else

    I’m telling YOU and anyone else on here, I have had NO issues

    Believe it or not, I don’t care

    I’m having to much fun playing with no issues anyway

    Lol

    If you don't care then why are you here? People will object when you try to argue a point backed by evidence when you don't have any yourself.

    The only other people who aren't saying there are issues are the development team which again...

    Duplicate cards will give crafting parts
    That isn't a droideka it is a crashed speeder
    Hero showdown can now be played with a 4 person party
    Darth Maul's saber throw has been fixed
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • For what it's worth, EOR MM killed balance and that's why I don't play.
    Sure, the other stuff is annoying and I wouldn't have done it that way. But that's not the point.
    The point is, it's obvious this is just random server shuffle. No weight is placed on any kind of stats.
    It's still pub stomps. And you can't find a "good" server because EOR MM will split it up.
    If you want to see what actual match making looks like, try CoD BO4.
    Leveling up, I was always with lowbies.
    Solo, I'm almost never against big groups.
    In a big group, almost always against other big groups.
    Pub stomped, next round is almost always balanced.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
Sign In or Register to comment.