criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• Really frustrating that I can't be in a squad with my party members consistently...
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Really frustrating that I can't be in a squad with my party members consistently...

Yes it is all frustrating.
    Im going out of town for holidays.
    When I come back to see the EoRMM unchanged, officer nerfed to oblivion, and crappy new "content" I am going to re-evaluate whether I will still beta test this game.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • It doesn't seem to work. My team and I were destroyed by the opposite side in Heroes vs Villains. When waiting for the next map, I clicked on the matchmaking icon. Nothing happened. Same lobby, same results.
  • You win some, you lose some.

• Draco_RSA
    207 posts Member
    edited November 22
    same here, I'm tired of match making garbage.
    Post edited by Draco_RSA on
  • It doesn't seem to work. My team and I were destroyed by the opposite side in Heroes vs Villains. When waiting for the next map, I clicked on the matchmaking icon. Nothing happened. Same lobby, same results.

There is no "matchmaking" it's just a server shuffle.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png

• Im really dreading Tuesday we all know its gonna be worse plus on top of all the new bugs.
  • well here is our game kicked from HVV to GA, says it all (but it is working apparently LOL)
    Rebellions are built on hope.
  • 3yopopzxhiu8.png.....
  • Ugh. Was thinking about coming back. Sad to see this problem still isn't fixed. Back to Battlefield V and BO4. :neutral:
    Really frustrating that I can't be in a squad with my party members consistently...

Seems they got a fix for that on the incoming update next week, but infortunately no plans for turning EOR MM off.

:/
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Seems they got a fix for that on the incoming update next week, but infortunately no plans for turning EOR MM off.

:/

Yes. The broken squad spawn is currently my biggest gripe with the game.
    It doesn't seem to work. My team and I were destroyed by the opposite side in Heroes vs Villains. When waiting for the next map, I clicked on the matchmaking icon. Nothing happened. Same lobby, same results.

There is no "matchmaking" it's just a server shuffle.

I suggest keeping the matchmaking from the menu when you want to find a game, but removing the one after the game is finished.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I’ve been playing Hero Showdown and it’s been matchmaking me into Galactic Assault games. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • Part of EoR MM, nothing has been said about it being fixed.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png

• Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited November 24
    I urge every one that has a issue with matchmaking to get in contact with ea support via there chat. Explain your issues and the more people that do it the better, the devs seem not to want to answer us, I'm tired and worn out by this game, match making is making the game unbearable to play, last night I was in matchmaking for 20 mins and in the end I just turned it off, it's happening every night and I feel like I running round in circles asking ea support, PlayStation for help but they keep telling me I need a dev to reply to me.
  • my main issue with matchmaking is not emtpy lobbies but quality of matches. its just constant pub stomps on both sides, either mine or the other. if we get wrecked 0-10 in HvV it still goes with same teams until everyone quits. id rather ihave it split bad teams if youre not grouped up. but this has to be forced manually by quitting. once and a while i get a good game and then it splits us totally. not much consistnecy with it except that stomps are a high probability.
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited November 24
    stevenomes wrote: »
    my main issue with matchmaking is not emtpy lobbies but quality of matches. its just constant pub stomps on both sides, either mine or the other. if we get wrecked 0-10 in HvV it still goes with same teams until everyone quits. id rather ihave it split bad teams if youre not grouped up. but this has to be forced manually by quitting. once and a while i get a good game and then it splits us totally. not much consistnecy with it except that stomps are a high probability.

I also find 9 out of 10 times when I do join a game, it's already started and either in middle of game or nearly finished, also the same map and side issue. But empty lobbies is a real issue as all I want to do is play a game from the beginning to the end.

Edit as I forgot about recently since they removed servers the lag in this game is unreal.
  • Worse one now is clicking the "matchmake" button and getting thrown back to the menu screen. Happened to me twice earlier today -_-
  • Worse one now is clicking the "matchmake" button and getting thrown back to the menu screen. Happened to me twice earlier today -_-

yes, happened about 5 times yesterday. Really annoying.
  • bfloo
    12480 posts Member
    My X1 experience, US East, I think it is the Va ping site, average 15 ping.

I'm not having the issues most of you are, but it makes it take longer to go from map to map. What is it searching for? I'm going to the next map anyway. The rotation is consistent, since I always start at the same place, it is the same maps over and over and over...
    A map selector or server browser would solve a lot...

The only empty lobby I ran into was Takodana, which may have been people just quitting out, it isn't an especially popular map. It happens in HvV too, but that has been happening since day 1 there. I haven't tried any of the other modes.

Aside from that, every lobby is ~ 3/4 full - missing 1 or 2, it is going through the rotation someone posted as the current one, I don't feel like looking for the thread. It alternates sides on each map, though I may play the same side 2 games in a row on the map change (ds on map 1 then ds on map 2, then ls map 2).
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Worse one now is clicking the "matchmake" button and getting thrown back to the menu screen. Happened to me twice earlier today -_-

yes, happened about 5 times yesterday. Really annoying.

Was playing with a mate last night, neither of us would click on the "matchmake" when it came up. Result? I'd wind up in a lobby continuing to play. My mate? It kept throwing him back to the main menu. -_-
  • Any word when friendly fire will be a thing? If this excuse of matchmaking is going to still continue, atleast allow me the satisfaction of removing the trash from the equation when they're being just that.

...Unless a Vader hiding underneath the central turbolaser balcony sections is somehow "contributing" and "planting the bomb".
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • jonci
    559 posts Member
    edited November 29
    I did suggest turn it off for a short while n see how many don't have issues, but oh no they know better.
    If they wont remove it, then lets at least have the option to either choose it yourself via that evil button, or not, shouldn't be forced on us by the piece of garbage it is at the moment. Most irritating thing is it saying so and so chose match making, ( something i apparently do regularly, NOT)!

Freedom of choice (or as it was before) would be nice instead of being forced into something that i did not ask for.
    And for goodness sake sort the LAG out its worse now than day 1 release.

[Removed certain words]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • @F8RGE

since EORMM my connection has turned from 3 bars white to sometimes 2 bars red.
    when it turns 2 bars red all my controls freeze and my character doesn't move at all.

It didn't used to be like that, character still moved when red bars.

Please feedback to your team thanks

• Just a taste of tonight. It also put me and my GF into empty servers after being in full servers several times tonight.

I can only imagine it getting worse Wednesday.
  • @F8RGE

since EORMM my connection has turned from 3 bars white to sometimes 2 bars red.
    when it turns 2 bars red all my controls freeze and my character doesn't move at all.

It didn't used to be like that, character still moved when red bars.

Please feedback to your team thanks

I get this too, for me the reason is that the local server was deleted by the devs during EOR MM adjustments...this means I have to play on a server on another continent with a ping of 200ms + . The lag is bad. For this reason I won't buy another game from EA ever.
  • Devs should listen and kill switch it
  • "error" and get sent back to menu tonight
  • jonci
    559 posts Member
    edited November 27
    Sent from HVV full game to hero starfighter just 2 of us??????????? no screen shot as i just gave up after that.

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
  • It's been nearly 7 weeks now of this terrible matchmaking, I haven't had 1 enjoyable evening in the past 7 weeks, last night I tried to play, I was joining rooms that were virtually over and while in there the lag was appauling, I can't remember the last time i actually enjoyed my self on this game, most nights I switch it off in frustration.

It's like there is no light at the end of the tunnel the game is totally faulty to me and it's really starting to get me down.
  • "error" and get sent back to menu tonight

Had that happen a couple times last night and once the day before. Prior to that it only happened once in an entre year of playing on ps4. Wonder what in the world they are messing with now?
  • Im guessing something get hangs up looking for a new server or transferring to a new server. game hiccups and sends us back to the main menu.
  • I'm absolutely disgusted with ea support, ea as a whole. For the past week I've been in contact with them and playstation. The game is faulty that's for sure, now PlayStation will give me a refund if I can get confirmation from ea that this is the case, ea have said they will not help me, I'm left with a broken game and I'm being forced to keep it and waste my money. Ea support has said if I had brought the pc version they would refund me but cause I brought the ps4 version they are unwilling to help me.

I've been told maybe it's my internet, this I find very amusing as I have no issue with my internet, I have phoned them and checked my speed test, which is 250mb download and 20mb upload, all the ports for ea are config in my router, I have no issue with any other ea or any other game.

Does any one in the community know of any where I can try ? I've tried ea support, Twitter (never get a reply). I've even emailed Disney but they can't help but hope that I get it sorted. I am totally lost and feel like I'm being held to ransom by ea.

Any advice apperiated thanks inadvance.
  • Blinker wrote: »
    I'm absolutely disgusted with ea support, ea as a whole. For the past week I've been in contact with them and playstation. The game is faulty that's for sure, now PlayStation will give me a refund if I can get confirmation from ea that this is the case, ea have said they will not help me, I'm left with a broken game and I'm being forced to keep it and waste my money. Ea support has said if I had brought the pc version they would refund me but cause I brought the ps4 version they are unwilling to help me.

I've been told maybe it's my internet, this I find very amusing as I have no issue with my internet, I have phoned them and checked my speed test, which is 250mb download and 20mb upload, all the ports for ea are config in my router, I have no issue with any other ea or any other game.

Does any one in the community know of any where I can try ? I've tried ea support, Twitter (never get a reply). I've even emailed Disney but they can't help but hope that I get it sorted. I am totally lost and feel like I'm being held to ransom by ea.

Exactly what are the issues you are experiencing? Just curious.
  • M A T C H M A K I NG --- Dump it completely!
  • Lag was mystical yesterday evening!! Swiping into thin air at enemies no longer there...and getting the shinola kicked out of me in every game. Must be a lot going on with the servers prior to deployment of the Update later this morning.
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited November 28
    Blinker wrote: »
    I'm absolutely disgusted with ea support, ea as a whole. For the past week I've been in contact with them and playstation. The game is faulty that's for sure, now PlayStation will give me a refund if I can get confirmation from ea that this is the case, ea have said they will not help me, I'm left with a broken game and I'm being forced to keep it and waste my money. Ea support has said if I had brought the pc version they would refund me but cause I brought the ps4 version they are unwilling to help me.

Matchmaking, lag, not starting a game form The start there the issues,.read my other posts I this thread
  • lag is still pretty bad here too.
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    lag is still pretty bad here too.

No kidding.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Blinker wrote: »
    Blinker wrote: »

Matchmaking, lag, not starting a game form The start there the issues,.read my other posts I this thread

I shouldn't have assumed that was your first post in the thread. Sorry about that. I'm right there with you on the issues.
  • Played the same side 4 times in a row on GA, kept getting games that were already in progress. Did not get to play the light side even once. EOR sucks big time. The lag was also pretty bad.
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Played the same side 4 times in a row on GA, kept getting games that were already in progress. Did not get to play the light side even once. EOR sucks big time. The lag was also pretty bad.

I just wish they would help me out and say it's faulty, cause this isn't working and making my life a misery.
  • Just take it out of the game already!

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • TW33NSW4G
    55 posts Member
    edited November 29
    Still broken. In a full game on Geonosis only to be MM into a 3 person lobby... On Geonosis... Wait 3 minutes, leave. Join another game mid-progress.
  • https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/tw33n-sw4g/video/64548181

Video of what every single gamer is experiencing. Full 20-20 balanced game. Wait, wait, wait while we get forced out of that GOOD lobby and be put into an empty one. I spared you the additional 5 minutes of staring at an empty lobby that didn't fill up.
  • Add to the issues that they can no longer do separate playlists for ga, thus we get geonosis over and over today. Probably why there will never be a heroes unleashed permanent mode as well.