criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• So last night, my party wasn't broken up into different squads. Is this part fixed or are other people experiencing their parties still being broken up?
  • thelasteverjedi
    915 posts Member
    edited November 30
    @F8RGE

since EORMM my connection has turned from 3 bars white to sometimes 2 bars red.
    when it turns 2 bars red all my controls freeze and my character doesn't move at all.

It didn't used to be like that, character still moved when red bars.

Please feedback to your team thanks

@F8RGE i take it back, discovered a bad ethernet cable plug believe it or not! re-crimped the plug and and evrything's fine

my sincerest apologies

i am sure weirder things have happened!
  • Can someone please explain what the main purpose of introducing this “matchmaking” was?

I’ve had no issues at all with it like some of you guys have, I just don’t get what the point of it is

I notice literally no improvement at all, if I didn’t come on these forums I’d never have noticed any difference

If it was to make the games more even, well that hasn’t changed either, I still play matches that are over in phase 1 or all phases wrapped up in a matter of a few minutes
  • I love the new outcomes I've started getting from this garbage system - "Lost connection to server". I laugh when it comes up considering the rest of the game says I'm still online.

Also I was playing SA earlier today did its matchmaking and I wound up in a new lobby by myself. Gee it is working SOOOOO well DICE -_-
  • Can the devs support at least admit this game is faulty, I'm tired of these dodgy patches and I want a refund, enough is enough
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain what the main purpose of introducing this “matchmaking” was?
    Balanced games. Game had a horrible balancing issue. It still isn't great, but it is better than it was, IMO. Problem has been bugs with empty lobbies (which isn't a completely new problem), breaking up parties (may be fixed), putting people in different modes, and game slants towards defense for most skill levels (i.e., more defensive wins, shorter matches).

• Darth_Vapor3
    1965 posts Member
    edited December 1
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain what the main purpose of introducing this “matchmaking” was?
    Balanced games. Game had a horrible balancing issue. It still isn't great, but it is better than it was, IMO. Problem has been bugs with empty lobbies (which isn't a completely new problem), breaking up parties (may be fixed), putting people in different modes, and game slants towards defense for most skill levels (i.e., more defensive wins, shorter matches).

Agreed. While I have experienced most of the issues/complaints with EoR MM, they’ve been rare and not really worth posting about. Just my experience. The matches are definitely more balanced now resulting in slightly more wins for the defenders, as it should be. The onus is, and should be, on the attackers in a linear format like GA.
    Post edited by Darth_Vapor3 on
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Personally I haven’t noticed any difference to be honest
  • I don't see why this jury-rigging
    1618f48d03dg.png
    au41vpixgvvl.png
    When the obvious fix would be just to turn it off completely.

Odds are all this jury-rigging isn't easy on the servers
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• The entire weekend I've only played on Kashyyk, Naboo, and Kamino in HvV and have played on the villains side a lot more. Matchmaking is no good.
  • TweeterTrash
    45 posts Member
    edited December 2
    MATCHMAKING NEEDS TO BE OPTIONAL!!

In my opinion I feel that Matchmaking is actually working as intended for the most part. I've now seen the opposing team's most dominant player wind up on my team after we've been slaughtered & vice versa, so it appears to be doing what it should.

The only problem I have with it is that it is now a giant pain in the butt for people like myself who jump in to play through a rotation of their favorite game mode as there is now NO SUCH THING as a map rotation anymore. Instead we appear to be plucked from one map in the collection & randomly dropped into any one of the other maps, many times often repeating the same four or five maps again & again in Blast.

Another issue I have with it is how recently, while attempting to play as the Newly Released Heroes in HvV, it has instantly proven itself to be an act in futility as I am constantly being thrown into servers with players who have already had first pick. I don't know HOW to make Matchmaking work in my favor the way that some appear to be able to do. It certainly isn't a fair system for the majority of us who all want an equal opportunity & a fighting chance to play as the Heroes we've been waiting all year for & have already spent our Credits on.

The way things worked before Matchmaking was incorporated into the mix was great. Be the first one to hit the Continue button & select the Hero you wanted & you got it. If someone beat you it was because you were just too slow that time. Be faster next time or just wait until that other faster player moved on.

But with Matchmaking now in place & literally working against those of us who would play for the long term & even enjoyed the ups & downs of occasionally unbalanced teams, there is no longer a way that I can tell to have any kind of a fair shot at competing to play as the Newer Heroes as they're released, & it's a sore spot for many to say the least. It seems that by attempting to balance the game itself the system has now unbalanced the competitive ability that players once had before to select the character(s) that they wished to invest their play time into building up.

I feel, though, that the issues at hand could easily be overcome by simply offering Matchmaking as an OPTION to each player, that way anyone who felt that they were in a bad situation could easily be rematched after any round they wished while leaving those who do not wish to invoke Matchmaking free to continue uninterrupted through the map rotation as normal.

If such a change for some reason can't be implemented, and soon, (and "WHY NOT?" would be my next logical question if that were the case) then I honestly would much rather see the current Matchmaking system go away completely and have the game go back to the way it was, because I just kinda' really hate it right now.

It has thrown a giant wrench into the gears on how I like to play, & after only lucking out to play MAYBE 10 or so matches with Obi-Wan after spending hours upon hours UPON HOURS ... ALL WEEK LONG ... trying to take advantage of the Double XP event, while seeing other people posting their Level 40 Obi-Wan videos on YouTube as early as Wednesday, and only getting him up to Level 17 thus far (Sunday morning), & seeing many, many others as I play against them who have not even gotten as far as I have... It's Just Not Cool.

In Summary: Matchmaking, while it does work, DOES still need to change in one major way: It needs to be Optional. If anyone wishes to take advantage of the feature, they can press the button. If they don't... they can continue on as normal with whomever else from the previous match also chooses to move forward. It will give those of us who want it a predictable map rotation once again, and it'll give everyone a fighting chance to be quicker than the other guy & get those Newer Heroes first instead of ... I guess ... "lucking out" once every two to three hours & realizing they're the first ones in the server after being Matchmade.

Thanks for listening to the feedback! I still love the game & appreciate all the hard work that's been going into it.

Oh... and Geonosis RULES!

😁
  • IronSoldier
    2156 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    X

Approved your post. Was caught in auto moderation after you edited.
  • Blinker
    452 posts Member
    edited December 2
    The entire weekend I've only played on Kashyyk, Naboo, and Kamino in HvV and have played on the villains side a lot more. Matchmaking is no good.

The problem with your issue with playing with villains is every one is trying to be obi, they should have released obi and grevoius together would have given people more incentive to play both sides (dice have no brains), as for the 3 maps you would only play a couple if they were all available because matchmaking makes the rotation of maps pointless, So they covering it up by only allowing 3 maps as you have a better chance to play something different.

Thing is we all paid to play all content, we didn't pay so dice/ea can force us to play certain things at certain times, I find this disgusting, I wish there was a award for worse developers of the year, cause these clowns would get my vote, the game is a broken mess and they won't admit it, I want my refund.
    Post edited by Blinker on
  • X

Approved your post. Was caught in auto moderation after you edited.

Oh, that's what happened!

I thought I had accidentally deleted it & wrote a shorter version of what I'd said before.

Sorry for the double posting, then. Thanks for letting me know.
  • I’ve been gone for a few months, but over the past week or so it’s seems as though the new matchmaking system isn’t working well.

Matches are still heavily one-sided at about the same rate as before. So while you still catch some decent matches, the vast majority are still slaughters.

I end up playing the same map two and sometimes three games in a row. Even with dedicated playtime, there are still maps I haven’t seen since I started playing again. (Note, this is on Strike...I’m aware of the CW playlist on GA)

I’m consistently getting put into lobbies that take several minutes to fill, if they fill at all (again, mostly strike because I hate most of the CW GA maps).

IMO, the quality of matches has not improved and you made it worse by putting me into empty lobbies and not letting me play all the maps (Strike for now, but I assume it will be the same when the playlist is gone on GA).
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Blinker wrote: »
    The entire weekend I've only played on Kashyyk, Naboo, and Kamino in HvV and have played on the villains side a lot more. Matchmaking is no good.

The problem with your issue with playing with villains is every one is trying to be obi, they should have released obi and grevoius together would have given people more incentive to play both sides (dice have no brains), as for the 3 maps you would only play a couple if they were all available because matchmaking makes the rotation of maps pointless, So they covering it up by only allowing 3 maps as you have a better chance to play something different.

Thing is we all paid to play all content, we didn't pay so dice/ea can force us to play certain things at certain times, I find this disgusting, I wish there was a award for worse developers of the year, cause these clowns would get my vote, the game is a broken mess and they won't admit it, I want my refund.

I don't mind playing the villains. I like to play both sides. But playing one side three matches in a row...no.
  • Its the worst MM I've ever seen in a game. Period.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Why is it being forced upon us? Why can we not turn it off if we want to?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Why is it being forced upon us? Why can we not turn it off if we want to?

Because dice are right and we are wrong it's are fault it faulty and not there's, if your from the UK and are familiar with the consumer program watchdog these guys should be on rogue traders.
  • Yup, you still haven’t fixed slaughters. At least for solo players, anyway...

At least before we got to play more maps.
  • The underplaying problem is teams. You still have no idea how to properly balance teams and solo players.
  • Quit the last four straight matches because you keep dumping me into one-sided slaughters.

Yup, your new system works like a charm...smh
  • Jbstiner wrote: »
    Quit the last four straight matches because you keep dumping me into one-sided slaughters.

Yup, your new system works like a charm...smh

Make that five...
  • The flaw in the design of the system is just adding new players to a lobby assumes that there is a limitless supply of players of a similar skill level to those already in the lobby.
  • Wow, just wow, came here after a while just to check if at least they made it optional.

Still the same.

I really do not understand, why in this age, each new game instead of having more OPTIONS we have less. We cannot chose almost nothing. we are force to play the game as someone wants us, not how we chose. And asking for optional Matchmaking (since we already have the button) it does seem pretty reasonable - give ppl who want an option to matchmake, and rest leave them in the lobby for correct map rotation, squad system with friends, and ping site.

But after seeing how BFV is managed... i clearly see no future for Battlefront 2. Prove me wrong DICE i dare you, i double dare you. nothing would make me happier !
    For now:
    giphy.gif

Hopefully someday soon we will see a proper Star Wars game.
  • There in over their heads now. They have created something that they do not know how to fix.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • There in over their heads now. They have created something that they do not know how to fix.

Yes, and now they have to limit maps to 4 maps every week as rotation does not work with EOR.
  • Wow after all this time!..haven't played for a couple of weeks and this is still garbage. Dumped into a server with 5 people in the room for GA. They all left!!
  • Jbstiner
    2628 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Wow after all this time!..haven't played for a couple of weeks and this is still garbage. Dumped into a server with 5 people in the room for GA. They all left!!

And matches are still slaughters. Nothing solved and some things made worse...
  • Wow after all this time!..haven't played for a couple of weeks and this is still garbage. Dumped into a server with 5 people in the room for GA. They all left!!

Had it happen 3 times today in a little over an hour. May as well shut this thread down, its nothing more than a venting platform. They dont care.
  • Captain_Guy
    66 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Hey Community and Dev’s,

To end the issues around Matchmaking and Map Selection here is what I propose:

At the end of each round give players in the lobby an option of voting on 1 of 3 maps to play next. Of the three options, one map from each era should be generated at random as part of the 3 maps to vote on to play next, but never repeating the map that was just played. Repeating the same era should be made ok, though.

As there would be a neutral between map lobby every two rounds this would also make MM function better as you can shuffle the players/groups by skill then assign them to a side for the next two rounds of that map before repeating the process and moving onto another map.

I’d love to hear feedback from the community on this approach. I’d really love to hear from a member of the dev team or community managers just to confirm they saw this as I saw the post regarding maps recently

Thanks!

@EA_Cian thanks for suggesting I post here with the above. It would be amazing to see something like this and I believe it would resolve many of the downsides people have discussed above.
    + @||Prest0n|| for visibilty as this is indeed a massive chain 😆
  • Hey Community and Dev’s,

At the end of each round give players in the lobby an option of voting on 1 of 3 maps to play next. Of the three options, one map from each era should be generated at random as part of the 3 maps to vote on to play next, but never repeating the map that was just played. Repeating the same era should be made ok, though.

As there would be a neutral between map lobby every two rounds this would also make MM function better as you can shuffle the players/groups by skill then assign them to a side for the next two rounds of that map before repeating the process and moving onto another map.

I’d love to hear feedback from the community on this approach. I’d really love to hear from a member of the dev team or community managers just to confirm they saw this as I saw the post regarding maps recently

Thanks!

@EA_Cian thanks for suggesting I post here with the above. It would be amazing to see something like this and I believe it would resolve many of the downsides people have discussed above.

map voting is highly questionable especially in small modes. How many votes does a premade group get etc etc . Does not solve any Skilled base MM - they just need team shuffle....but they wont do it
  • @Old_fella_1963

The option of three maps automatically means one map would be chosen above others bc 40/3 is not an even number. All the modes I believe result in even number team counts when full so lobbysize/3 will always give you a clear winner with no partial votes.

Having the neutral between map lobby is the key. If the teams are already fairly balance I agree with shuffle, but I don’t think they are taking out MM, so I could see this being a smoother experience instead of ending up on who knows what map.
  • Hey Community and Dev’s,

Thanks!

I would love this idea, if it would work...

As long as it would continue with the same lobby you have my vote, i would literally love this, as it would give options.

If it would be just a cosmetic and still throw me out of lobby - then this is the wrong place to post it from my perspective, as there is a separate thread -> https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/126143/your-galactic-assault-rotation#latest. Considering that the matchmaking throws you out of lobby, so you do not continue with the same group (yes few ppl will go along with you, but the lobby changes) it would change or improve nothing.
    And i would say a big NO to it. Simply it does not touch the core problem with EOR MM system - forceful throwing ppl out of server lobby to new lobbies (sometimes to only 2nd round of the match, sometimes even different game modes).
  • My goodness DICE just give us the option to turn it off! @F8RGE claims it helps most players but just give us the option to turn it off and everything will be fine.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Yes, I agree and the idea is that people would stay in the same lobby just be arranged by performance instead of being put into some unknown game and map; or a dead lobby. This should work as each map presents opportunity for different play styles and may even shuffle the leaderboard naturally to some degree.

@Eshtazaki
  • I really dont think we will see anything change honestly. I would be happy if they added in the option to match make and not force it on us.
  • Stop decieveing your customers dice, you doing this sly event things cause matchmaking broke rotation, can you please give me my money back, I want you to inform pslaystaion I can, this shows how broke this game is by allowing us to play only 3-4 maps a week.
  • Yes, I agree and the idea is that people would stay in the same lobby just be arranged by performance instead of being put into some unknown game and map; or a dead lobby. This should work as each map presents opportunity for different play styles and may even shuffle the leaderboard naturally to some degree.

@Eshtazaki

If that's the case.
    Yes that would totally solve the issue from my perspective, and make me very very happy.

Hopefully the dev's/DICE/EA will start to see that in fact this is something most of us cry for, a shuffle not a kick out of lobby system. Sadly after all that time my hopes are close to none.

The map voting - a very nice addition, loved it in Battlefield 1.

Will see what new year brings
  • You mean like this? Practically every freaking round?

wi2s4f00srs9.jpg
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Wow after all this time!..haven't played for a couple of weeks and this is still garbage. Dumped into a server with 5 people in the room for GA. They all left!!

• jtbesquire wrote: »
    You mean like this? Practically every freaking round?

wi2s4f00srs9.jpg

I’ve been able to finish a couple, but most of my matches have been pretty similar to yours. And if it’s not that, it’s some dbag running the spawn glitch...
  • Jbstiner
    2628 posts Member
    edited December 7
    jtbesquire wrote: »

wi2s4f00srs9.jpg

I’ve been able to finish a couple, but most of my matches have been pretty similar to yours. And if it’s not that, it’s some dbag running the spawn glitch...

Ok, so I haven’t finished a game since I posted this. You would think I would at least randomly get on the side of the slaughter, but no. It’s like the system is purposely stacking teams

EDIT: just got on the right side of the slaughter. Still a slaughter, though.

The new system does nothing but make it worse
  • Question;
    If EoR MM is suppose to make the teams even, how come when they are it still activates?
  • jtbesquire wrote: »

wi2s4f00srs9.jpg

Sort of, but instead of two columns it would be just one long one, and I also think it would be coolto be able to customize and purchase stuff between rounds. Maybe even have a collection tab added to between map lobbies while matchmaking is happening? It would be every new map, or two rounds.

• its very sad that everything you said is true. what makes it worse is the amount of bugs that comes out each update.
  • Blinker wrote: »
    DICE why are you not listening? Matchmaking is breaking the game!

They won't listen cause they are right and we are all wrong, they don't even respond to us either, now they doing sly things like saying hey guys new event 4 maps only, it's deceiving and dam right a insult, a lot of people will say how great dice are and get response straight back, but I wasn't born yesterday, I heard excuses the other day why they can't get hotfix cause it needs to go through qa, I mean really didn't the original patch to through qa and still passed with flying colours even though it has more bugs than an ant hive.

then some user comment on twitter they have to consult ea and disney, I mean come on let's get real here, dice: "hey Disney there a major glitch exploit in the game are we allowed to fix it ?" Disney reply "no leave it in". I mean some people are naive and will believe anything, the reason this game is so broke is because dice haven't got a clue what they are doing, I'm so annoyed they won't admit this game is a total mess and they haven't a clue when it will be right that's if at all they can.

They blame everyone else but them selves and won't have the balls to admit they the ones that are constantly breaking things to the point the game isn't fun and we are now only allowed to use certain content at a time.

I'm just sick of the lack if response to feedback they ask for, they can't be truthful to us, and instead try to deceive us with this poor excuse for matchmaking.

1 said data was fine and only few had issues then
    2 removed servers to bunch people together (still failed and not fixed also by doing this made games more laggy) then
    3 only allow 3-4 maps to play as a fix but try to pass it off as some great events they doing, and guess what it still doesn't work.

What's next 1 map a week ?

I'm sure they are too proud to admit that it isn't any good.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• Jbstiner
    2628 posts Member
    edited December 8
    Different night, same awful system. First three matches I tried were just one sided slaughters...

UPDATE: Five...

It’s starting to feel like the EOR system is purposefully stacking teams. It’s happening way too much to be random
  • Had some empty lobbies tonight. Even tried their "trooper" event and got empty lobbies. Get rid of it.