criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

12325272829

Replies

  • Another day of getting put into slaughters. At least before I had some chance to play the maps I liked. Now this game is fast becoming a heaping pile of poo...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Your inability or unwillingness to properly match make solo players with teams is what’s causing this problem. You end up stacking good solo players with premade teams, causing it to cascade into a series of slaughters
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • WAY too many matches finishing on the first round because of awful matchmaking
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    @Jbstiner they don't care, Ben even stated that they are receiving Positive Feedback from the testing, even though a HUGE section of players are disagreeing but DICE doesn't care, I asked for stat reports but not one member bothered to release any REAL statistics and feedback results. They just don't care, it's a dumb system and they don't care about you because they have your 60$.
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    @Jbstiner they don't care, Ben even stated that they are receiving Positive Feedback from the testing, even though a HUGE section of players are disagreeing but DICE doesn't care, I asked for stat reports but not one member bothered to release any REAL statistics and feedback results. They just don't care, it's a dumb system and they don't care about you because they have your 60$.

    I’ve had a lot of respect for Ben...until now. He came in and did a great job cleaning up the communication mess that sledgehammer created.

    But if keeps toeing the company line on this mess of a system, he’s nothing more than a snake oil salesman...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    SVEJ wrote: »
    @Jbstiner they don't care, Ben even stated that they are receiving Positive Feedback from the testing, even though a HUGE section of players are disagreeing but DICE doesn't care, I asked for stat reports but not one member bothered to release any REAL statistics and feedback results. They just don't care, it's a dumb system and they don't care about you because they have your 60$.

    I’ve had a lot of respect for Ben...until now. He came in and did a great job cleaning up the communication mess that sledgehammer created.

    But if keeps toeing the company line on this mess of a system, he’s nothing more than a snake oil salesman...

    He was full of tweets about obi and genosis, replied to all the butt kisses, but won't answer 1 negative post, he was acting like he is a god but now after update people found more bugs than ever before he ain't so cocky. He just loves attention. And then they wonder why people have such negative views, I tired of being blanked and I starting to get really negative towards dice as a whole. Why do they not treat people with issues the same as.people who kiss butt ?
    Post edited by Blinker on
  • Clone201
    3970 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It's absolutely insane how this crappy matchmaking (imo) was allowed to go on for long, without any notice of improvement over the other times they had it in before. In fact, MM in this game just won't work out so well when you have game modes like Galactic Assault and HvV that aren't necessarily balanced for competition at all. Also one-sided steamrolls happen here and there as well. Remove it! ;)
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    SVEJ wrote: »
    @Jbstiner they don't care, Ben even stated that they are receiving Positive Feedback from the testing, even though a HUGE section of players are disagreeing but DICE doesn't care, I asked for stat reports but not one member bothered to release any REAL statistics and feedback results. They just don't care, it's a dumb system and they don't care about you because they have your 60$.

    I’ve had a lot of respect for Ben...until now. He came in and did a great job cleaning up the communication mess that sledgehammer created.

    But if keeps toeing the company line on this mess of a system, he’s nothing more than a snake oil salesman...

    I gotta say the same. This whole EoR MM mess was just terrible.

    Being told it was a problem with me and all the feedback here being absolutely ignored was just insulting.

    IS just terrible. The fact that we don't have the option to turn it off is ridiculous.
  • holstar1993
    1413 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Hadn't played extraction in a while, so I decided to do the checkpoint challenge yesterday. Kept getting placed or shuffled to the dark side and had to start quitting until I finally got the light side. I would have quit entirely, but fortunately I like extraction and had recovered from the 2 map burnout.

    Its unbelievable that they would leave the game in this condition, well maybe not.
  • Wasn't able to get in to a game of Extraction all weekend. EVERY time I tried, it was just me in an empty lobby. Only thing I could get in to was GA and a couple of rounds of SA. MM, in it's current form, needs to go.
  • I played almost every day since launch until this debacle. Haven't played in weeks. Haven't played GG, not even seen Kenobi or Geonosis.

    Just came on here to see if this has been resolved and given the comments I won't even be putting the disc in the PS4 to check for myself. Honestly, I've got better things to do - and even though I love Star Wars - better games to play.

    The lack of respect for the element of the player base (big or small - who knows?) for which this is gamebreaking is quite staggering, even for EA/DICE.
  • yea they are never gonna fix it sadly. we have been waiting this long and they dont care anymore or thats how it feels like.
  • jonci
    1232 posts Member
    Not noticed getting kicked to different modes recently so maybe that's fixed.
    Still get moved to empty servers so that sucks.
    Still says one of us started the search for matchmaking so that's a lie.
    Now the game either kicks you to menu or kicks you into a different server from your team mates (even premade), so that's garbage.
    Sometimes Jams the loading into the match, so either ctrl alt delete or reboot, that's time wasting.
    That's all for now.
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Zappa2510 wrote: »
    yea they are never gonna fix it sadly. we have been waiting this long and they dont care anymore or thats how it feels like.

    The past two weeks with the BP glitch the devs showed exactly how much they care about this game...
    Match making still sucls and getting repeat maps is happening a lot. Now it seems they want to limit maps to 4 or 5? Still did not get any clarity about that from Ben Walke despite of a lot of people asking.

    The communication from the devs when it comes to issues and problems in the game is straight up pathetic.

    Another 5 maps only in rotation till Thursday, it's a utter disgrace what they doing.
  • The game started going down hill back in February when they started having issues with unlocks. I think we need to move for a vote in no confidence against the supreme chancellor! Just heard about the blast changes, as it was kinda fun and something new but its gonna cause issues bad.
  • Another night of one sided slaughters. The only match I’ve actually finished was when my team did the slaughtering. After that, “matchmaking” proceeded to stack the best players from both sides onto one team (I paid attention)...

    It also appears as though it won’t move whole teams to a new side, but I could be wrong on that.
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Yet another match of GA that didn’t make it out of the first round.

    This system is broke AF...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Jbstiner wrote: »
    Yet another match of GA that didn’t make it out of the first round.

    This system is broke AF...

    And another...

    @F8RGE can you guys PLEASE do something about this.
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Jbstiner wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Yet another match of GA that didn’t make it out of the first round.

    This system is broke AF...

    And another...

    @F8RGE can you guys PLEASE do something about this.

    Just in case your “data” is missing this, the vast majority of matches I’ve okayed in tonight have not made it past the first round.

    How’s that for balance...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Jbstiner wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Yet another match of GA that didn’t make it out of the first round.

    This system is broke AF...

    And another...

    @F8RGE can you guys PLEASE do something about this.

    Just in case your “data” is missing this, the vast majority of matches I’ve okayed in tonight have not made it past the first round.

    How’s that for balance...


    The unbalance is 50% faster according to our data.
  • Jbstiner wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Yet another match of GA that didn’t make it out of the first round.

    This system is broke AF...

    And another...

    @F8RGE can you guys PLEASE do something about this.

    Just in case your “data” is missing this, the vast majority of matches I’ve okayed in tonight have not made it past the first round.

    How’s that for balance...
    I made the same point a couple of weeks back

    Nothing in my experience has changed, games are still won in phase 1 as they have since day 1

    I doubt having a small player base helps to be fair, I’m seeing the same players over and over again everyday now

  • They just do not get the point in my opinion. Constantly they are talking how lobbies are filling faster. But that is not the issue (at least not the main one).
    For me for example the lobbies now are filling like crazy fast, but i am put almost all the time on German server the only one in Europe ?
    But again it is not the issue, the issues are:
    • broken map rotation (if i am put for only 1 round in a map it is broken for me) - yes i know it is done to fill the lobbies faster, but i would rather have 12 vs 15 on 2nd round and then again full lobby on next map than this broken thing.
    • broken squad system (throws ppl in different sides)
    • broken matchmake button (if i do not push it i expect not to be matchmade, and still be left in the same server with exactly the same ppl who also did not push the button, on the very next map in map rotation)


    The idea of whats your favorite 4-5 maps to play... this is insulting, constantly restricting content so it would seem as the EOR MM "is working" while is broken as hell.
  • I think the best solution to this would be to have the matchmake work only when you when you press the matchmake button and keep the people that don't push it on the same server... Throw in some team scramble after two rounds, as well. Keep the matchmaking system for those who decide to use it. I don't understand why is it so hard to please everyone with just that minor change.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • jonci
    1232 posts Member
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Yet another match of GA that didn’t make it out of the first round.

    This system is broke AF...

    And another...

    @F8RGE can you guys PLEASE do something about this.

    Just in case your “data” is missing this, the vast majority of matches I’ve okayed in tonight have not made it past the first round.

    How’s that for balance...


    The unbalance is 50% faster according to our data.

    You also forgot the games finishing in phase 1 have increased by 75% according to our data.

    Or the amount of complaints regarding EOR MM have increased by 90% according to our data.

    Or the numbers of posts here are 95% more than we anticipated according to our data.

    And the amount we care is 1% according to our data.

    The player base will be 0% in 12 months time according to our data thus making it a 100% win against our goal according to our data.

    Just joking guys the stats are not correct and represent only a partial % of what they probably are according to my data.
  • Eshtazaki wrote: »
    They just do not get the point in my opinion. Constantly they are talking how lobbies are filling faster. But that is not the issue (at least not the main one).
    For me for example the lobbies now are filling like crazy fast, but i am put almost all the time on German server the only one in Europe ?
    But again it is not the issue, the issues are:
    • broken map rotation (if i am put for only 1 round in a map it is broken for me) - yes i know it is done to fill the lobbies faster, but i would rather have 12 vs 15 on 2nd round and then again full lobby on next map than this broken thing.
    • broken squad system (throws ppl in different sides)
    • broken matchmake button (if i do not push it i expect not to be matchmade, and still be left in the same server with exactly the same ppl who also did not push the button, on the very next map in map rotation)


    The idea of whats your favorite 4-5 maps to play... this is insulting, constantly restricting content so it would seem as the EOR MM "is working" while is broken as hell.

    There a bunch of cowards that can't even tell the truth, I mean where are the replies ? No where 4-5 maps is a joke,.

    I calling out you cowards (devs just give us answers and stop trying the deceiving tactics your acting like a bunch of conmen) disgusting behaviour, and you wonder why we get mad
  • Something interesting happened last night. I was playing on Tatooine (yay!!!) as the rebels and we won the match without letting them get past the first round. Bad, right? But during the second match on Tatooine, the rebels kept us from getting past the first round...and the teams didn't change much.

    That said, neither match was a slaughter and they were both hard-fought by each side. But I'm wondering if some of the issues of matches not getting past the first round is that the remaining player base understands the maps well enough that it's now easier to defend and keep the other side from progressing past the first round.

    This doesn't explain away all of the slaughter matches (and there are a LOT of them), but it may explain some of the reasons why matches are finishing too early...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Jbstiner wrote: »
    Something interesting happened last night. I was playing on Tatooine (yay!!!) as the rebels and we won the match without letting them get past the first round. Bad, right? But during the second match on Tatooine, the rebels kept us from getting past the first round...and the teams didn't change much.

    That said, neither match was a slaughter and they were both hard-fought by each side. But I'm wondering if some of the issues of matches not getting past the first round is that the remaining player base understands the maps well enough that it's now easier to defend and keep the other side from progressing past the first round.

    This doesn't explain away all of the slaughter matches (and there are a LOT of them), but it may explain some of the reasons why matches are finishing too early...

    That's another issue with this EOR MM. it was supposed to bring balance, and all it did it left it in darkness.
    Almost all matches i had after it was introduced were a steamroll, my or opposing teams, very rare was an occasion when it was balanced. previously i had no issues with steamrolls.
    Why you might ask ? The answer is very simple, i could quit the lobby, and find a new match - if i seen the same players i knew oh no, again i am in this steamroll lobby, then exit, look for a new match until i find the map i'm interested in (not like now having 5-6 times Kashyyyk each time i look for a new match) and voila, successful matchmaking. without this crazy EOR MM mode we are in now. Now it is not possible to see what type of game i am in, untill it plays thru, so i am wasting times in steamroll.
    Do not get me wrong, i have nothing against being on a loosing team as long as our team is pushing and i see guys are doing their best, not just standing around and doing nothing. As long as it is not a total steamroll i can still have fun.
  • Jbstiner wrote: »
    Yet another match of GA that didn’t make it out of the first round.

    This system is broke AF...

    The sad part is that they admit that what it's doing right now ISN'T improving balance.

    96dt0qdpiil4.png

    "Games are more fuller and games are found 50% faster"

    Along with both of those statements being blatantly false, this isn't the point of improving a matchmaking system.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3542 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »
    Yet another match of GA that didn’t make it out of the first round.

    This system is broke AF...

    The sad part is that they admit that what it's doing right now ISN'T improving balance.

    96dt0qdpiil4.png

    "Games are more fuller and games are found 50% faster"

    Along with both of those statements being blatantly false, this isn't the point of improving a matchmaking system.

    Both of those statements are just flat out wrong.
  • I still cant believe that they continue to ignore a 25 page megathread regarding this lets face it!....completely stupid matchmaking process they implemented as a weekend test and have provided no evidence that it actually works despite the hundreds of posts to the contrary.
  • Also did they do something to stop this thread from moving to the top of the page after posting a comment?...trying to hide it from everyone's view now are they?....wouldnt surprise me at all.
  • Eshtazaki
    180 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Also did they do something to stop this thread from moving to the top of the page after posting a comment?...trying to hide it from everyone's view now are they?....wouldnt surprise me at all.

    its more of because there is a lot of pinned threads on top, this one is pushed down, and as there were "few" issues with some of the updates , it was quickly being replaced by other threads for other topics.

    <edit> Wow just checked after my comment, and it did not move a notch... just wow :| </edit>
    <edit2> seems that the time on the thread is not in line with the time i posted, it shows last comment from 3:23 PM and this one is from 7:34 PM </edit2>

    And why would they want this thread pinned on top :) it would have even more comments, more views, and that is something for sure they do not want. I am a bit surprised this Megathread even came to life, considering how they are "not" ignoring us. Truth is F8RGE did post a few comments somewhere down the road, but again nothing meaningful, not addressing the true problems with EOR MM. Constantly the same thing, games are fuller... but this is not in question even.
    Post edited by Eshtazaki on
  • The matches I can get in to are typically full. Problem is I can only find GA, SA, and HvV matches. Trying to get in to Extraction now is an exercise in futility. Strike and Ewok hunt is a pipe dream. Even with the "Trooper Weekend" event where Blast and Strike were combined was a joke. Tab from main screen couldn't find a match in five attempts. Empty lobbies, every time. SMH.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    The matches I can get in to are typically full. Problem is I can only find GA, SA, and HvV matches. Trying to get in to Extraction now is an exercise in futility. Strike and Ewok hunt is a pipe dream. Even with the "Trooper Weekend" event where Blast and Strike were combined was a joke. Tab from main screen couldn't find a match in five attempts. Empty lobbies, every time. SMH.

    I would like to blame this on matchmaking but this might just be that those modes don't have any players at all.
  • spoons10696
    105 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes the time that you post on this thread does not match up with the time it shows. MODS??.....maybe you should consider fixing that or was it done on purpose??

    EDIT....ok the time does match up now it seems but it still doesn't move the thread up to the top of the page. They are totally trying to hide this thread!...lol
  • New lows, and that's saying something for EA/DICE.
  • Any comment on the fact that new posts on this thread are timestamped such that the thread appears on the second page of the General Discussion forum @F8RGE?
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The last post was 29th October, we now 12th december, give them time ? How long a year ? It's a joke and admit @f8rge if it gonna take time, can you take time to tell PlayStation people effected can get refunds, this is going on to long. We have been suffering this since the start of October, 9 weeks ago, I think you had more than enough time, we deserve the right to get refunds as this is unacceptable.
  • I do have to say, it wasn’t as bad tonight. Still had matches ending on the first round, but not nearly the number of slaughters I’ve seen recently.
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Aaaaaaand my comment did not bring this to the top of “Recent Discussions”...

    Shouldn’t this stick to the top once someone posts?
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Empty lobbies again tonight. Keep the faith!
  • Jbstiner wrote: »
    Aaaaaaand my comment did not bring this to the top of “Recent Discussions”...

    Shouldn’t this stick to the top once someone posts?

    They must want new threads.

  • spoons10696
    105 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Wow down to the second page now!!.lol. No answer from the mods as to why new posts don't bump the thread to the top of the list on the first page? @IIPrest0nII
  • Blinker wrote: »
    The last post was 29th October, we now 12th december, give them time ? How long a year ? It's a joke and admit @f8rge if it gonna take time, can you take time to tell PlayStation people effected can get refunds, this is going on to long. We have been suffering this since the start of October, 9 weeks ago, I think you had more than enough time, we deserve the right to get refunds as this is unacceptable.

    atzr1g8laeei.png

    This is what he said on Twitter...he must be joking right!
  • jonci
    1232 posts Member
    I am afraid that ti do not believe this topic will be addressed by them, other than what we have already had (Forge's quotes have been redone here so i am not repeating them).

    25 Pages now and still not a lot if anything being done, i wonder how many individual posts against it there are (not repeated ones form naughty complaining offenders like myself ), compared to those that say it works.

    Not blaming EOR MM for last nights massive lagging on Germany ping 28ms after the latest update, weirdly better off on Virginia at 186ms.
    Not blaming EOR MM for the repeated maps over n over nor am i blaming the patch, the reason for this is they appear to have cut them down.
    I am blaming EOR MM for the repeated lie that i or another in my team initiated a search,
    I am Blaming EOR MM when it kicks me into a light side match time after time, on the same map.
    I am blaming EOR MM when we get kicked into empty lobby and have to go to menu and restart a search.
    I am Blaming EOR MM for when friends are in game and i wait patiently to join, only to end up on the map they were previously on (they have moved on) or glitches on the scene of whatever planet the map is on, so i have to either control alt delete or worst case reset the whole thing (high end PC so not that). Then have to wait to join or get the guys to quit to menu to team everyone in.
    I am blaming them for introducing things that have not been asked for nor wanted, and often not even notified.
    I am blaming them for the failure to address bugs and known issues, which have been around since day 1.
Sign In or Register to comment.